CHAPTER 10 - ONE MORE LIGHT

AMOR FATI

~Should've stayed, were there signs, I ignored?
Can I help you, not to hurt, anymore?
We saw brilliance, when the world, was asleep
There are things that we can have, but can't keep

If they say
Who cares if one more light goes out?
In a sky of a million stars
It flickers, flickers
Who cares when someone's time runs out?
If a moment is all we are
We're quicker, quicker
Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do

The reminders pull the floor from your feet
In the kitchen, one more chair than you need oh
And you're angry, and you should be, it's not fair
Just 'cause you can't see it, doesn't mean it, isn't there

If they say
Who cares if one more light goes out?
In a sky of a million stars
It flickers, flickers
Who cares when someone's time runs out?
If a moment is all we are
We're quicker, quicker
Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do

Who cares if one more light goes out?
In a sky of a million stars
It flickers, flickers
Who cares when someone's time runs out?
If a moment is all we are
We're quicker, quicker
Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do

Well I do~

 

 

 

          Every steps she took went heavier as she slowly approach the room, there are lights surrounding the house which she guessed wasn’t there before. White flowers stood tall guarding a room where the remains was kept. She wanted to run away, someone punch her in the face to wake her up from a nightmare she didn’t even imagine. A tear escape her eye slowly as if time stops ticking this time. Her smell lingers inside the house, her favorite painting hanging on the wall, it made her more vulnerable thinking she would never see her again.

          Gathering all her strength, she keep walking towards that room where she knew would break her heart into pieces. With a deep breathe, wiping the tears, she took the courage to take that step in. There, she saw Soojung, Eunha and Sinb. Not able to stop the tears, it streamed in her face as she stares at the picture in front of her with the urn surrounded by her favorite pink roses.

          Falling into the floor, knees unable to stand up, she just look up and stare at that smile in the frame.

          “I... I should have been there.” Her voice cracked.

          “Unnie.” Soojung rushes to her side and embrace the older woman.

          “Is this even possible? How?” Her eyes quiver as she turn to look at Sinb.

          “I… “Sin b couldn’t find the words to say.

          “Tell me, Please! Someone please tell me it’s not her.” She almost yelled, frustrated, hurt and angry.

          “Taeyeon-shi~ Its not your fault.” Eunha kneel beside Taeyeon and her back.

          “I promised her she’ll get better and I… she…” Taeyeon covered her face with her hand wishing it would hide her, her vulnerable side.

          “Unnie, she’s in a much better place now.” Soojung sniffs as she tries hard to stop the tears from falling.

          “She is in a much better place, with Mom and Dad.” Soojung took a deep breath and looked at her sister’s picture.

          “She know you tried your best, we all did. I just hope we gave her memories to cherish on the other side of the world.” Eunha sniff her tears back. Sinb kneel on the other side, letting Taeyeon rest her head in her shoulder.

          “You did well Taeyeon, you did well.” Sinb close her eyes as soon as the tears fell down.

          “No, it’s not okay. I did not did well.” Taeyeon shook her head. ‘I didn’t even get to say I love her.’ And with that in her thoughts, she cried everything, she cried her heart out along with Eunha, Soojung and Sinb that night.

         

 

 

6 HOURS EARLIER…

         Taeyeon’s alarm barely wake her up, she was up all night with Jessica’s operation in her mind that night. After taking her time to prepare, she receive a call from Sinb.

          “Taeyeon, where are you?” – Sinb

          “I’m on my way.” – Taeyeon

          “You have to hurry, the previous surgery ended earlier so they’re moving Jessica’s surgery an hour earlier that her schedule.” – Sinb

          “What? I’ll be there” Taeyeon

          “Hurry.”  - Sinb

          Taeyeon groaned in frustration upon hearing the news and hurriedly slammed her car’s door and headed to the hospital.

          “Aissssh!” Taeyeon slam her hand on the wheel, she was struck on a traffic due to an accident.

          Deciding to reroute, Taeyeon drove to a shortcut to the hospital which had an under construction road, Taeyeon wasn’t able to see the sharp object with Jessica’s on her mind and it made her tire flat.

          “Yaaaah!” Taeyeon shouted in frustration, in addition to it, she had to wait for 30 minutes for the tow truck to arrive in her location. After giving some instructions, she hailed a taxi than headed straight to the hospital and that’s when she receive the bad news. Jessica stop breathing in the middle of the surgery, they already put the new heart but Jessica wasn’t able to recover and unfortunately lost her life. She haven’t got the time to even look at Jessica’s corpse since she was immediately brought to the morgue and was scheduled for cremation after two hours.

 

 

2 YEARS LATER IN THE PRESENT

                The wedding bells are ringing, a vow was exchange and sealed with a kiss. There was laughter and clapping of hands.

          “And I pronounce you both Ms. Jung and Hwang Eunbi.” The officiant of the wedding announce and with this, the piano started playing.

~You’re a falling star, you’re the getaway car

You’re the line in the sand when I go too far

You’re the swimming pool on an august day

And you're the perfect thing to see

(it was she was singing the song, for someone she wanted so bad)

And you play you're coy, but it's kinda cute
Oh, when you smile at me you know exactly what you do
Baby, don't pretend that you don't know it's true
'Cause you can see it when I look at you

(after all this time, I never found someone because your smile lingers)

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you; you make me sing
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything

(Sinb and Eunha have found their bond, they had ups and downs)

You're a carousel, you're a wishing well
And you light me up when you ring my bell
You're a mystery, you're from outer space
You're my every minute of my everyday

(But love always find a way to fix any broken part)

And I can't believe, uh, that I'm your man
And I get to kiss you, baby, just because I can
Whatever comes our way, oh, we'll see it through
And you know that's what our love can do

(I wonder if we could be, if we could have been Us)

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you; you make me sing
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything

So, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
So, la, la, la, la, la, la, la

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times
It's you, it's you; you make me sing
You're every line, you're every word, you're everything
You're every song, and I sing along
Cause you're my everything
Yeah, yeah

So, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
So, la, la, la, la, la, la-la-la, la-la-la~

 

 

 

            A wave of clap echoes the wedding hall as soon as Taeyeon finishes the song with a smile as she waved at the two newlywed couple.

            “Congratulations!” Soojung chipped in as soon as the pictorials are over.

            “Thank you Soojung, I never really expect you to make it here.” Eunha hugged the younger Jung. Half a year after her sister’s passing, she went back to states after making sure Taeyeon is in her right state of mind to continue being an actress. Eunha still work in the company as the temporary president until Soojung sits on it.

            “I would never miss it for the world.” Soojung pouts as she stares at the two lovely woman wearing white, Sinb wearing the all-white tuxedo while Eunha wears all-white dress that hugs her body and a veil of course.

            “Glad to see you here too.” Taeyeon butts in as soon as she made her way through the crowd.

            “And congratulations.” She added as she hugged Sinb and Eunha.

            “Thank you Tae, you’ve always supported and for singing at our wedding.” Eunha pouts, her eyes getting watery, about to cry.

            “Yah! Sinb~ your wife is crying.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

            “She’s adorable, isn’t she?” Sinb smiles.

            “Aren’t I always?” Eunha smiles cutely.

            “Ugh! I want to run away.” Taeyeon groans and Soojung playfully hit her on the shoulder.  

            “I miss my Soojung, too.” Taeyon pouted and hug the younger Jung.

            “I thought I already warned you to get married together with Eunha and Sinb Unnie? I don’t want to be rushed here again because of a wedding.” Soojung crossed her arm.

            “Trust me, she won’t date.” Sinb rolled her eyes.

            “I think Taeyeon will grow old alone.” Eunha chuckles.

            “As long as I have all of you. I’ll be fine.” Taeyeon rest her arm over the three’s shoulder. 

            “Ewww! No! I don’t want to watch over an old Taeyeon.” Soojung brushed her arms away.

            “Me too.” Sinb nodded her head.

            “Me three.” Eunha smiles apologetically.

            “Fine. I’ll hire someone then. I have lots of money.” Taeyeon flips her hair.

            “Go live with your money then.” Soojung rolled her eyes.

            “I will, hmmmmp!” Taeyeon crossed her arms and look at the crowd, for a moment there she thought she saw Jessica.

            “Taeyeon to earth?” Sinb snap her finger in front of Taeyeon.

            “Yes?” Taeyeon replied and looks at Sinb.

            “Are you even listening? Let’s go.” Sinb motion her to follow Soojung and Eunha who are already walking to the dining table. Taeyeon once again, looked back at the figure but wasn’t there.

            ‘What should I do? Seems like I never get to find someone to occupy the space you took from my heart’

            The dinner party started, some of Eunha’s friend gave her congratulatory messages including Sowon who was present and Yerin with her child.

            “Good evening everyone. Yeah, I already said my congratulatory message for the both of you but I have here, another message from a long friend of you Eunha unnie.” Soojung chuckles as she unfolded a paper.

            “In this life, I never asked for someone to be a friend but you came. And since that day you just didn’t become a friend, you’re a sister, a brother, a mother and a father to me. Your clumsiness which irritates me at first made me found it cute as time goes by. The moment we’ve spent, the bond we shared as if we are one since we were born. You’re my comforter, my strength and my weakness at the same time. You laugh when I smile, you’ll cry when I’m sad and I know you feel the same pain when I’m hurt. You are like that bright sunshine early in the morning taking the negative thoughts I had last night. There are many reasons why I can’t be there in your special day as much as I want to ruin it for fun or maybe enjoy it as we used to enjoy each holidays back then. I do not need to wish you material things or wealth, I know you’re capable of reaching it yourselves along with your other half now. I also know this message is getting longer so to make it short, I just want you to be happy and live the life you want as you are. Both of you are treasure in my heart that can never be bought with anything in this world. Know always, I love you.” Soojung pauses for a while as she scans the crowd.

            “Your, S. With love.” Soojung finishes the letter with a smile and went back to take her seat beside Eunha and handed her the letter.

            “Thank you.” Eunha mouthed, tear almost escape her eye.

            “And P.S, you should stop being a crybaby.” Soojung whispered which made Eunha chuckles.

 

            The night progress and it ended happily for the couple before they went to their honeymoon island trip. Taeyeon of course didn’t give any speech for the couple since she’ll be tagging along with them until they grow old and she just don’t like giving speeches. After dropping Soojung in her hotel, she drove to a familiar place which she always visits when she misses someone. Where the sky meets the city.

            “Eunha and Sinb got married today.” Taeyeon grunted before sitting next to a gravestone.

            “It would have been fun if you we’re here. Not that it wasn’t fun earlier, but things just not the same when you we’re her.” Taeyeon continued.

            “And I thought I saw you earlier.” Taeyeon chuckles.

            “Guess, I’ll never love again.” Taeyeon sighs and look up in the skies where the stars shine from. There was a familiar scent, the scent she missed the most. Closing her eyes, she inhale the scent again, as if she was beside her.

            After taking her time clearing her mind, Taeyeon stood up and decided to walk back to her car, but a bouquet of flowers caught her eyes in the Jung’s parent tomb. ‘Soojung must’ve drop by here before’ and with that, she left the place she called where heart called home.

           

            Taeyeon drop by a convenience store before driving back to Soojung’s hotel wanting to spend time with her, after ringing the doorbell for the third time, the door unlocks and swung open in front of her. A familiar scent welcomes her, she wanted to slap her face, pinch or even punch her own self upon seeing the person in front of her.     

            “Taeyeon?” The voice so familiar that she misses the most called her name.

            “Unnie, is it the deli….ve…ry?” Soojung ask from inside with a shocked face.

            “Taeyeon unnie?” Soojung’s eyes widened in surprise, her eyes darting back from Taeyeon and to the person standing in front of Taeyeon. Tears fall down in Taeyeon’s face, happiness, longing, sadness and disbelief are all overwhelming her.

            “Jess…ssica.?” Taeyeon finally uttered her name, how can someone be dead, stands in front of her?

 

 

A//N : Tada! A quick and short update, Lol! I don’t know if you’ll like it or you did before. The story is going to turn into something, so be patient with me, I’ll try to make it more interesting, lol. How is it so far? Shall I continue? Lol! BTW, thank you for showing interest in this story, I’m really move especially to those who always comment down, really thank you.  J 

I’ll be back soon. J