Rude

Daddy Issues

"Have you ever hear about this thing called brush?" 

"I don't brush myself. My hair is . I might probably end up like Hagrid, maybe a poodle if I tried" 

"What a lucky bastard" 

"Come on. We are gonna be late for detention" 

 

My mornings were like this. I will always wake up at 7:30, probably decide what shirt was the one clean to use for the day and dig in into dad's experiment breakfast. 

 

"When are you planning to go early to school?" 

"Probably never?" 

 

He rolled his eyes while chuckling at the same time. Dad was like me best friend and he usually found it hilarious the way I turn things out. He was not the strict/narrow minded/ perfectionist dad. Once I told him school had this gathering thing of 1 hour that consisted of them talking about while we were standing in line he agreed on me arriving late to school. He knew I would get into detention and miss 15 minutes of class but since I was on my last year he didn't care. Have you ever heard about kids with soft parents end up being problematic and failing all curses?  Well that was not my case. I was only 4 months of finish school and I was accepted in 3 universities. 

Dad was the happiest. I was the perfect kid and I was never stressed by him. 

I had the calmest life. 

 

 

"So, tell me about that romantic date of yesterday" 

"Ugh... I don't know I couldn't see that motherer" 

"I was expecting of you forgetting your ty plan. You are 19 for mother sake" 

"That's why I don't have much time. I can't protect my dad if I'm far away from home" 

 

 

Hyunsuk hyung looked at me the same way he always did whenever I got into my overprotective mood. You see. My dad is that parent that is always being judged and ignored by the other parents whenever the school did reunions or gatherings to talk about students. That time I was expelled by getting into a fight? "that kid is just like that because of the of his father" "kids shouldn't be adopted by gays couples" "that's why you shouldn't raise a kid when you are not emotional stable"

School was rotten

The only friend dad had from school was Hyunsuk's mom. Same age, both singles parents and just like me,Hyunsuk wasn't a planned kid. Our parents were hormonal teenagers. That's why we are so close. 

We are the oops kids. 

The difference between Hyunsuk and me was the fact my father is gay and never a discreet one. To start with, he is a fashion designer and walks around the world dressing unique styles as if he was an idol. Nor too masculine nor effeminate still he was the talk of the high society tight prejudices.  That's why I had the job to take care of him. He is the softest man on earth. Any idiot could take advantage.

Stupid dad 

 

"Then let's once again lock up our parents in your basement. I will buy her a ty dress to change his chip or something" 

 

We laughed. Cuz the first time we did that we were 10 and they end up being best friends. Hyunsuk's mom end up with a model contract thanks to my dad's good vision and signed her up on his company. Poor women having to waste her live to have a Hyunsuk.  Once were free from detention, Hyunsuk's mother agreed on driving him late as well, we were lucky our parents were so chill about this.  Shout out the expired and Hyunsuk's mom terrible memory at taking birth control pills.

In class we stayed closer the two of us. We didn't meddle with those kids. To me being wealthy was a burden sometimes. Studying into this private school meant I got to be with sons and daughters of politicians, CEOs, important leaders of the country. Most came from families whose ideology was to take care of the family's prestige and well even thought our parents were those kind of kids. They were the black sheep. 

Thanks to my unique father and Hyunsuk's rebel mother. I guess they were the examples of kids being sick of pretentious families. In conclusion. We didn't meddle with them and neither they with us. 

 

 

"Guys, Chan is having a party tomorrow. His parents are out. His house is available. Isn't it awesome?" 

"Yeah" Hyunsuk reacted bumping fists with Felix 

"Don't forget to bring drinks. His parents Blocked his credits cards so we are having like a commoner thematic" 

"That's cool! We'll be there" I looked at Hyunsuk smiling because he was really something. 

"Are you sure acting is not what you want to study?" There was a time I asked him why do we had to be friendly with those idiots but he had the most logic answer

 

 

"Who knows someday we might need their help. It's all about connections.Who knows? maybe someday my son or daughter will run for president. All I got to do is call Felix and easy peasy" 

"You are an idiot"

 

Still got a point 

 

Our last few months were quite relaxed.There was nothing to do at school so we decided to run away. I needed all the time in the world to focus on my mission. Broke dad's new relationship. According to him he didn't have one but who was he kidding? I was the smartest in the house. I've doing the accounts, verifying the taxes return at home. I was practically the only adult. If home were a company I would be the majority shareholder.

 

"Hey buddy" Dad came out the kitchen once I got into home. He was once again walking in pajamas while wearing a mask sheet. 

Weird 

 

"Dad. Where are you going?!" He blinked perplex, looked down at his own clothes before looking at me.

"To my estudio? Back on the terrace?" 

"No" I said dropping my school bag to the floor "You're up onto something. You are dolling yourself up! Tell me the true" 

"Doll up? Buddy I haven't washed for 3 days" 

"Weird" I mumbled before storming to my room. I was probably sulking once I arrived. It sleeping at the third floor. I was exhausted already. The day was exhausted. Once I throw myself to my bed I wrote a message to a Hyunsuk. We needed that dress. Maybe dad turns out to be biual. 

I was on my way of telling him dad loved color black when he knocked the door. 

 

 

"You can't come in" I yelled but he made his way smiling as if I wasn't having a tantrum. 

"So. You run away from school. Barges into my house and put on teenager scene as we were on Hanna Montana?" He raises one of his bleached browns. I grumbled looking at him both arms crossed while his hand were brushing my messy hair. 

"I'm the smartest of all of them why should I keep going to class?" 

"Mmm" he thought about it "you are right. Then what's going on with you? I'm not dense. The last weeks my car keys magically disappeared five times. Then I don't know how I ended in China, Thailand,Mexico in last than 2 weeks. I didn't know I was on an international tour" maybe I wasnt the brightest apple of the nest. But I couldn't come up with nothing but those excuses when a weird number appeared oh his cellphone. 

"Why don't you get to the point dad?" 

"Do you want me to?" 

"No" I showed him my back 

"It's been only 2 months Junkyu" I turned myself again adjusting my body better to the mattress. 

"Two months? Then it's nothing serious" I exclaimed relieved "then. It's ok. I got nothing to worry about" I said hugging him. I wasn't selfish. It's just, We've been at the same page before. His pasts relationship didn't work because they couldn't stand the fact that he had a son. 

Dad looked at me as I had smacked at his face . It was the first time I made him sad. 

"Are you that relieved?" I looked at thin. I wanted to said YES, I could even throw a party to celebrate. But how could I? I bite my tongue and breathe in slowly to calm my angry self-down. 

"Are you going to tell me this is serious? That you and that dude have been meeting for a long time?" 

"We've been friends for probably 1 year" 

"Oh great" 

"He is a good guy" I rolled my eyes nodding. Guess I lose this battle. All I can do is getting to know this dude to analyze his weak points "He is coming tonight"

"NO"I change my mind. I didn't want to know him nor befriend him. I know how this goes. Everyone, literally, only approaches him because he can guarantee you a pass into the fashion industry or guarantee you a position in my family businesses. Dad was so well known and well connected. He was a golden card for opportunists "Date whoever you want but don't expect me to look at it. You are the worst at trusting people" 

"Junkyu" 

"Don't dad. I won't change my mind. Besides, he was already here yesterday! Having a chalet as your office has it cons you know" I was not going to tell him I was sneaking out the house to a party. Both of us exchanged looks trying to win this silence discussion cuz I knew when dad was pissed off. He was the type to ground you while smiling. He smacked my before storming out of the room. Not before telling me to wash up for dinner at 8.

 

 

"Shouldn't you be getting ready?" 

"I don't even brush my hair for you and you expect me to clean for some random gay" he laughed. I was his clown lately. 

"Oh come on. Mom says he is nice" I almost chocked on my saliva

"What?" I gasped dramatically "you little piece of . You know him!" 

"No. Mom told me today. I swear that woman is crazy. She sometimes gossips to me some random as if I'm interest. Why would I care about Eunwoo's ty dress or Soyeon's marital issues" 

"Sure dude, whatever" 

"Anygays, he is a photographer. He is my mom's. Have you saw the work done by vogue? Well that's his job" 

"Yeah sure... he probably is the lights holder of something" 

"Lie yourself dude" 

"Shut up, Hyunsuk"

"Shut up" 

"You shut up" 

 

 

"You better be ready or you will see Kim junkyu. Come down and help me open the door" I walked down the stairs stomping my slippers hard. Dad scanned my outfit with his eyes and sighed. That guy deserved an old black shirt with holes on the collar and a pair of shorts "just open the door" 

"Why should I? I'm pretty sure that guy has already the keys" I snorted but hurry myself before I was hit with the Tv control. I stood in front of the video intercom and waited 5 minutes or more but the guy was already inside walking through the entrance where dad's cars were parked. 

 

Stupid security man

 

 

"Hey! You must be junkyu" a vein of my head almost bursted when he sent me a confident smile. I stood there expressionless.

"I am" I grumbled ignoring him

"Hey!" Dad came behind me. I looked at him disgusted because they weirdly exchanged shake hands.

"Gross"

"Junkyu"

 

my life

 

Didn't know what went into dad's head for leaving me in the dining room face to face with the stranger. Awkward. Then he came and the two of them talked about work while I played on my cell phone. I was so into twitter to care about until dad named someone. 

 

"I was expecting Jihoon to come. I really wanted to meet him" 

"Oh. He is coming " the bell rang 

I looked at dad. He was nervous. The guy named Mino got up to open the door as if it were his house

 

 

"You're late"

"I'm not late. You just got here early"

"Jihoon" I heard Mino hiss

"Okay" the voice said "got stuff to do before coming to boring land" 

 

 

Seconds passed before Mino showed up with young guy. He had brown hair. It stood out so much thanks to his pale skin. He had crafty eyes, the kind of eyes only the pretentious idiots in my class had. And he was showing attitude. 

I hate him

 

 

"Okay. I'm here for dinner"he said "shall we start?" He sat next to his father completely ignoring mine. 

"Sorry, Seung Yoon I dropped this kid from the cradle when he was a kid" 

"Don't worry. My son is not princess diana neither" they laughed until Jihoon exclaimed gross. We eat the whole dinner, both of us in silence. Neither of us exchanged gazes and were pretty much on our own cellphones. He was clearly against this whole fiasco. It was then when we were having dessert when Jihoon took his jacket announcing he was leaving. Maybe luck was on my side. He was being the jerk son meanwhile I got to be the good kid.

The ship was sinking not thanks to me. I smirked when Mino stood up from the table to reach his son. 

 

 

"You are not going anywhere" 

"You said I have to came for dinner so here I am. Now I'm off. I have a party" 

"Jihoon. You are staying" 

"Look. If you are hooking up with this dude. That's your problem. I don't want to meet your flings anytime you feel like getting into something serious. How old is he? 25? I don't care. You should choose someone of your age on grinder or tinder old man" 

 

 

I was enjoying their whole Mexican telenovela escene while having my ice cream until I saw my dad's face. That sad face was the same he had whenever people looked at him. Judging at him for being gay and raising me. I felt my blood boiling.  Punching my fists on the table I stormed out to the living and held that guy by the collar of his shirt. 

 

 

"Do not talk about my dad like that. Retract" 

"How cute. How old are you? 15?" He chuckled "how innocent of you" both of our parents tried to stop us. 

"Retract before I broke your nose" dad managed to set jihoon free from my hands 

"Finally. I have better things to do" 

"Good taste of yours Seung Yoon" I told to my father before going out to the streets. 

 

 

I was so pissed that I end up walking until arriving to a taxi stop. Me living on a villa and not having license was . I ended up in an Internet cafe waiting for my friend to appear. It wasn't a good idea to call Hyunsuk. Dad would probably call her mom and they will know my whereabouts. 

 

 

"Ok. If you destroy that mouse we will be banned from here" I turned my head. He was right. The owner was already sending me glances.

"Fine" I mumbled turning my face to let Mashiho kiss me "want to play on my team?" 

"Sure" he said siting next to me 

 

I had met Mashiho in a party at Chan's last year. He was kind of the lord of events. The dude had friends everywhere. Mashiho was on his last year and he was really popular on school.Hyunsuk and I were talking with ourt best friends Felix and changbin, somehow we got drunk. I ended up hooking up with Mashiho. We were pretty wasted.Later, it became a thing to meet sometimes to release stress

 

 

"You are turning me off" Mashiho sighed breaking the kiss "Are you going to tell me what's going on?" 

"Nothing new" I mumbled getting Mashiho out of my lap. I walked to his kitchen trying to find something to drink but he said he got rid of alcohol since he was on exams. 

"Still being the overprotective freak?" 

"Should I supposed to be offended?" 

"I was complimenting you" he laughed and my mood went suave all night. It was fun having Mashiho. Besides Hyunsuk he was a close friend. 

"Don't you have nothing to smoke?" 

"What am I? Your dealer?" I looked at him expressionless. 

"I guess you don't smoke on exams neither" 

"You are wrong" he laughed standing up "It helps my mind" 

 

 

The next morning I told Hyunsuk everything at school. He didn't expect me to come up with a story like that. I've never had fights with dad.My simple life was having worst turbulences than an airplane fly. I wasn't expecting a visit later though. The idiot was parked outside of home with sunglasses on, as if we were in summer. He looked at me from head to toe and scoffed. I really wanted to punch him in the head. 

 

"So you are a high school student" he said walking from his car towards me "your dad must be pretty rich. Your private school, your house. Probably that living room of yesterday wasn't all of it" he mumbled nodding to himself "mm your dad it's quite a catch" he smiled at me, cheekbones high "I approved" he said making me angry. He was so fake. I knew that smile. My best friend knew how to wear it easily. 

I hold him once again by the collar

 

 

"I was joking kid" he laughed "gezz" he mumbled arranging his shirt "where is your dad?" 

"Do you think I'm a GPS?" the idiot looked at me disinterestedly and sat on the hood of his car. He looked at me carefully for a few seconds and then looked at his phone.

"I guess I'm waiting then" I turned around to head home when my cellphone rang. It was Hyunsuk. I totally forgot about today's party. Dad would probably object since we weren't on good terms. 

 

 

"whose's car?" 

"Guess who got a graduation gift car? 

"Guess who got a new driver" I glanced at the guy behind me. He was boringly scrolling down something on his cellphone. 

"11 it's ok??" 

"Yup. Just park two blocks away from here" 

"Good" 

 

 

"So...when is your dad coming?" 

"I told you I don't know. He must be at work" 

"At work uh" he nooded "what's his job? Is he a model? He must be since he got to kiss that old bag" 

"Look" I breathed "why don't you shut your mouth and disappear from my front door?" 

"I've been told my mouth its my best asset so no can't do" he once again smiled at me directly looking a my eyes and stayed that way for a long time.

"What!?" 

"What are you waiting? Call him" I was about to yell at him since it worked that way with him when dad's car pulled up in front of us.

 

 

"Hey" Dad looked at us surprised. Jihoon stood up to bow at him. So, he knows manners. 

 

Once we all were inside home dad invited him for some tea time to talk privately . I looked at him scoffing. Just by looking at his car and his fashion sense he was like from an ordinary home. Those clothes he wore were all expensive but flashy. He was definitely someone with ordinary tastes. Having tea was probably not fit for him, maybe a soda. I searched the internet for his father. A photographer whose career rose recently a couple of years ago.

Touché 

 

"Are you staying here kiddo?" I showed him my middle finger. He seriously knew how to get comfortable in my own home. I went to my bedroom. Had a date play on my computer. Dad came minutes later with the guy behind him with news of him staying up until dinner. His dad was probably coming as well. 

 

 

"How exhausting" he mumbled throwing himself on my bed. I looked at him annoyed. The guy was so shameless. I ignored him from my desk "So how old are you kiddo?" 

"How old are you? You look old" I said clicking fast "running of moisturizing I see" I was giving him my back but from my computer's screen I saw his disgusted face. 

"I'm 21 idiot" 

"21? I wasn't expecting that. I thought you were my dad's age. How old was he? ahh 25?!" 

"Funny" he sent me a glare "I got it" he mumbled throwing me a pillow. 

"Look jihun what don't you go to the living room or somewhere else?" 

"It's Jihoon. You are younger so don't be impolite" how shameless of him "besides if I do what you want I lose"

"Whatever" I mumbled walking towards the terrace

 

I lost

 

Even though it was winter the heater there was useful in times like this. I laid on one of the sofas trying to take a nap since I couldn't go to my room and even though we had enough rooms and space I couldn't go to dad's because I was mad with thim or at least awkward. 

 

"Kyu" dad took a seat next to me. Although he was the awkward type just like me he always came to me first. I guess it's because he is a father. I highly doubt he is like this with anyone. 

 

Get that stupid Mino 

 

"Why are you here like a scolded puppy?" I wasn't planning to open my eyes but his voice was horse. I suddenly got angry. 

"Did you cry to sleep?"I said looking at nothing "That guy"  I hissed

"It's a misunderstanding. He came to fix things"he smiled at me brightly. I could have gone blind.

"Sure. You can tell me everything you want. I can see you are so into that guy so there is nothing for me to do. I will go to University and you can do whatever you want but don't expect me to be here once he gets tired of you. His son even knows that" 

"I'm sorry Mr kang but it's my cue to interfere since kiddo here is so against this whole thing you both ....dads... have" Jihoon made a gesture trying to figure it out how to call it.  Dad being the kind hearted idiot laughed. Seriously, why my dad has to be like that? 

"I lied. Mino doesn't have flings with anyone, doesn't have partners, doesn't even have time for me. He is workaholic and now he is into ...Mr Kang. The other night was me trying to get on my dad's nerves" He was looking at me bored as if things like that didn't care to him but we all know he did care enough to do tantrums and behave way worse than me  "So if you are using my dad as an excuse at least erase from your perspective that he is a , manwhore, oportunist, gold digger etc. He is a good guy. I was just annoyed "he shoved his hands inside his back pocket and rolled his eyes when we all notice his dad was behind him.

"Jihoon" 

"Yeah yeah, whatever I came to clarify things. I have my life and you have your job and now your boyfriend. The end. Let's go to play your loser games sunggyu" 

 

Dad looked at me and I knew I got to obey the other. 

He went into mood zombie listening to music and playing with his cellphone as soon as we went to my room. I didn't know what to talk so I played with my computer uncomfortable. I hated when things were awkward. We were on silence until someone called Jihoon. His was forced to change the tone of his voice and mood. He was like that until we were called to have dinner. Honestly it was exhausting but I couldn't judge him. 

During the whole dinner Mino was quiet. The only ones talking were dad asking Jihoon things and the other answering and following the conversation in a polite way. He was really good at pretending. I was impressed. At least dad wasn't sad and I was thankful. 

I guess I just need things to run naturally maybe this whole relationship isn't a big deal.They might broke up later. 

 

                                                                                                                                                               •••••

 

"So how's my favorite show modern family doing" 

"You seriously are enjoying this right?" 

"Life is about enjoying cutie" 

"Sure thing. I will make sure to enjoy ... what was his name?" I tapped my chin with my fingers" yedang? Yedam" 

"OMG you are gross. He is a kid" 

"Still you are struggling to hold your inside those ugly pants of yours" 

"He is 16. Not a baby" 

"Blah blah blah blah" 

 

By 3 am we were halfway of being wasted. I didn't know how our class got mixed along with university students. I was not sure about Mashiho since he was busy studying for his final exams. Still I looked around the house. I saw some of his friends. Hyunsuk was gone missing so I stayed with Mashiho's friends. 

 

"Aren't you supposed to be studying hyung?"  Yoshinori was Mashiho's best friend.

"Nope. Already did my finals" he smiled softly at me. I knew he had a thing on me, ually not romantically yet he never did nothing. Guess he was shy "wanna some?" 

 

It was already 1:00 when A pretty much wasted Hyunsuk walked next to me. I pulled him by the arm and throw him towards Keita. The best way of taking care of him was to give him to the other wasted one of the group and keep an eye on them.

 

"Kyu Kyu your eyes are red" Hyunsuk touched my face.He was the Clingy type of wasted guy

 

 

"Look who is here" 

"I hate that guy" Keita was already sober. Don't know how "He thinks so full of himself" 

"Please that's because he rejected you" 

"He is annoyed though" 

 

I looked at them. I do liked gossip around. Not gonna lie besides I was going to the same university next year. 

 

"Who are you talking about" 

"That way" Yoshinori pointed with his chin towards the door "That's park jihoon. He is popular yet a loner" 

"He is studying medicine but doesn't have good personality" 

 

Instantly his eyes crossed mine. I cursed inside.Hyunsuk once again came to me trying to steal the small joint I had on my hand. 

 

"What are you so annoying?" I mumbled holding him by the neck. Keita came behind trying to steal him but since he wasn't wasted anymore. I didn't let him. He might probably go further. I took him to the kitchen to give him coffee since when came on his car. 

 

"So, are you trying to make him puke or something?" Ok. Maybe giving him doritos wasn't a good idea  

"Yup.You should come closer maybe I got lucky" he toke a seat next to us 

"You should probably lay him. He is totally dead" he was right. I was busy trying to make my friend stand up that I didn't notice someone next to the older. The music was so loud that I didn't notice the movements behind me. 

 

 

" off" 

"Come on. I'm making you a favor" 

 

 

Once I turned around I saw Jihoon's face being forced by some dude. I dropped my friend without thinking before giving the idiot a punch on the eye

 

"What the dude" 

"Get lost" I hissed before taking Hyunsuk once again. I was pretty high and only saw red. Jihoon looked at me annoyed but walked behind us towards one of Chan's rooms. 

"I can win my battles you know" 

"Yeah.. I totally saw you winning" 

"That's because I wasn't feeling like turn him down" 

"So you like to be treated like that?" I looked at him once Hyunsuk was finally resting on the mattress "get treated" I took a seat next to Hyunsuk. I smoke too much and I was still high to have a proper discussion with him. 

"Shut up" I saw him snooping inside the drawer until he was gone. After a few seconds I was lost in trance. I didn't notice him coming once again and shove roughly one of Hyunsuk legs to take a seat on the mattress . 

"Ouch" I cried in pain. My pain tolerance was null. He hushed me up with a glare "so medicine student" he had a mini first aid kit on his lap.

" I guess gossips about me runs in high schools" 

"Nah. You are not that popular" He pressed the cotton with alcohol against my bruised hand harder "you do have an attitude" 

"That's me" he laughed. Once he was done with my hand he looked at me. I didn't know what was so interesting until he got near to my face. 

"Why are you smoking that ?" He mumbled holding my face to examined my eyes and man I felt attracted. He was pretty gorgeous; I didn't saw any trace of make up on his face yet he had the pinkest lips I've ever saw. He got away and looked for something on that aid first kit. 

"I guess I got stressed" I mumbled trying to think straight but he was still there looking directly at me. 

"Your eyes are extremely red" 

"Maybe that's why your lips are pink" I mumbled. It rarely happened to me but when I smoked too much I got to the point of losing myself.

"What?" He said holding my face with his hand to find my gaze "hey junkie I'm here" he snapped his fingers in front of my eyes. I don't know how I pushed myself against him but I kissed him. I was pretty sure I was going to gain a smack on the face but Jihoon pushed me to break the kiss. I had only seen him for 2 days and my head was intrigued by the oldest. I leaned in to kiss him again and he agreed. His lips were soft and docile against mine. He was just letting me in to do whatever I want. 

 

I'm was intoxicated by drugs and Jihoon's sweet lips

 

"Wait" he mumbled but it just made me trust my tongue. 

"Why?" I grumbled looking at him and all he did was rolling his eyes. We probably made out until my high was over. Once the lousy music went down we heard steps and we got ready to leave. He disappeared right away from my side and I mixed again with my friends until the party was over. 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                                          ••••

 

"Man I don't remember anything" 

"Nothing new. Just your drunkest self all over the party" 

"Tell me about it. Thankfully my mom is out of the country" 

"Dad is still sleeping. Im gonna say I'm sick of something. Not going to school" 

 

I took a shower to clear my head. It was a mess, I probably reeked of everything. Jihoon's perfume was still lingering on my shirt. Few days ago I was still in wonderland making plans to destroy dad's relationship and now I was getting rid of the perfume of the son of the man my dad is dating.  All I had to do was wait for them to break up to keep living in peace but yet we had a pretty intense make out session next to my drunk best friend.  I walked down to the kitchen to have breakfast. I was so hungry to think about how idiot I was. Dad appeared next to me and thanks god I made sure to dry my hair and heat my forehead a little cuz dad was going to flip out if I missed school once again. 

 

 

"Aw my kid is sick" he touched my forehead hugging at the same time. I liked whenever dad treated me like a kid. It made me feel well and I always made sure to remind him that he was not alone and I was still his baby. I get worry of him being lonely that's why I always made sure to give him attention. 

"Nehh" I said making him smile. We were having breakfast when Mino suddenly came.I looked at dad and he smiled at me nervously. 

"He forgot his keys with his usb attached to it. Got some photos there to work with" That's how my breakfast turn out being me third wheeling them

"So, your dad told me you got accepted to K university?" 

"Yup" I said closing my lips trying to no being rude 

"What major are you going to study?" 

"Jihoon goes there too right?" Dad said too excitedly to my liking "what major did he said he was studying?"

"Medicine" 

"That's amazing!" 

"Yay! It's a shame your son is studying a ty major like art" I said taking some of my coffee. 

"Why are you so rude "dad scolded me disappointed 

"I was just saying" I chucked defunding myself

"What's wrong with your hand" 

"Nothing" I said taking a bite of my waffles 

"You didn't have that yesterday" 

"you didn't have a boyfriend two days ago" I mumbled. Dad looked at me trying to lecture me more but he couldn't come out with a better response to me. 

 

 

Days later we were once again having dinner the fours us. I was trying so hard to avoid jihoon but I couldn't get away of my dad forced schedule. I was on my room studying when dad called me to help him. He was so lazy at home but every time we had guests he always tried his best of being a great host. 

Dad was so annoying, Ms Choi and I exchanged looks cuz we knew dad wasn't helping at all. He at cooking. 

As soon as I put a foot on the living I saw Mino and Jihoon seated. Jihoon was on his phone to pay attention at whatever his dad was talking. They really had the worst relationship. 

 

 

"Why do I have to stay? Every Friday I go out" 

"Junkyu stop throwing tantrums. You are being impossible these last few days" 

"You are the one to talk" 

"Go away. Go and entertain the guests" I raised my eyebrows and dad retracted because he knew I might probably bully his boyfriend. 

 

 

 

"So how's school?!" Mino asked but since dad knew I was going to probably be rude 

"It's fine" dad replied "Junkyu is the top student of the whole class"

"Amazing" Jihoon's dad exclaimed looking at me "So what did you choose k university? I know you were accepted into K-Arts as well" I laughed to myself. That's was a good question. 

"Cuz K university is closer. Someone has to take care of this guy here" I pointed at my dad who made a scowl at my answers. He was so against my decisions. It's been like that since I hit puberty. 

 

Jihoon laughed getting some whine to his cup. He got comfy. He was up to something "How weird. I choose K university to be far away from home" I saw Mino playing slowly with his tongue glaring at his son. He was losing patience "You seem pretty young Mr kang" Jihoon quickly changed topic "did you too knocked up your girlfriend at 16 too?" Soda got out my mouth.  The white tablecloth dad loved so much was stained with coke. Making Jihoon laugh. Dad laughed as well because he wasn't the type to feel offended by teenager's remarks. He was so use to me and Hyunsuk sarcastic jokes. 

 

"What the hell Jihoon" Mino held him by the neck making Jihoon squirm

"Holly dad" he said 

"It's ok Mino hyung" dad say while wiping my mouth. I was not ashamed even when jihoon was looking at me "I'm 34 years" 

"Holly " Jihoon exclaimed taking some more of his whine "I was still thinking CLEAN & CLEAR worked wonders on my zits at 14" 

"Enough" Mino said but dad as usual, being the holly mother Teresa let him do his things.

 

 

"You know. Your dad seems pretty laid back"Jihoon said once we were told to clean the dishes. I was sure they wanted us to be friends. 

If only they knew

"I guess, Dad is naive" I said looking at the terrace where bouth adults were seated both watching something on dad's Ipad "that's the problem" 

"Well. It's not like my dad is Dora the explorer's swiper" 

"What do you mean" 

"Look. Thats my way of defending him" Jihoon shrugged while wiping the clean plates I gave him "we are not close. So that's all I know" 

"What does your mother say about his romantic style behavior?" 

"There is no mom" 

"Did the stork bring you?"Jihoon's bored face cracked with an smile 

"I think he got rid of me of something. If I recall my grandparents sent her to Europa and dad stayed with me" He said opening my freezer "Something like that" he added taking a spoon "but she was rich" he made a disapproving face "what a waste, want to eat ice cream?" He saw me staring at him "what? Are you wondering why I'm so cold talking about this stuff?" 

"Nope" I kind of lied. Jihoon brows got raised this time. He opened the ice cream lid as if that was his and we were on his home "In just surprised at how destiny is making his appearance or maybe our dads had this pattern when looking for partners" I stabbed the ice cream before taking a bit "I got a mom too. Isn't it lovely?" 

"Peachy" He mumbled

We were seated front in front. Wrong idea. All I saw was Jihoon's pinky lips getting wet by the ice cream. I looked away when he noticed, that sly smile appeared 

"So yesterday" he added 

"What about it" I wore my expressionless face. He was taken aback. I guess I ruined his teasing time. 

"Nothing" he said looking towards the living room. Luckily the awkward silent broke when my cell phone rang. It was Mashiho wondering how the party was. I wanted to gossip about it, but I didn't feel like remembering, so I lied looking at the distracted Jihoon "I don't know Mashi. I was so high that I don't remember anything" I looked directly at Jihoon's eyes to made myself clear. I just didn't want talk about it. 

Jihoon headed to the living room. He looked around the living as I was busy and both old bags were in their sweet time. Dad saw him and offered him a tour house which he gladly accepted. I don't know when my house became a tour of New York. They also dragged me all over the house. It went like ¨This is Junkyu's old game room. He was so cute back then. This is Junkyu's old photobook. He was a child model. The cutest child can I say ¨

We stopped on my studio where I did most of my art 

"Junkyu loves to trim his clothes and paint them. He does so much stuff here. He has so much potential" Mino looked around my stuff. Besides clothes there were furniture and plastic things I loved to invest my time with. 

I saw Jihoon's face scanning the whole room, something on his eyes got me intrigued while listening dad talk about me. Dad was explaining how he used to give me clothes of his collection he wasn't satisfy with for me to play. Once we arrived at dad's studio Jihoon's eyes light up. When I saw his dressing style I knew he was into fashion.  He was amazed by the books dad had piled up on his desk and the whole rack of unique clothes he storage. 

"You want to see my new collection I'm working on it?"

"Sure" he said and I crossed my arms leaning against the door. I knew what was coming. On dad's laptop there was me modeling the avaliable pieces of his collection. 

"Junkyu's been my model since he fully growup" both Mino and his son looked attentively at my photos "thanks god he got the proportions for me to take advantage" I rolled my eyes at him

"You are pretty good" Mino hummed "have you ever thought about modeling?" 

"I don't know. I do model sometimes whenever the company's run out models" 

"He is the best. I might probably sign him in the company" Dad said

"Totally. I've worked with a lot of models but few of them had this feeling on photos" 

 

Jihoon walked away from them. Expressionless and irritated as if something pissed him off. I wasn't the only one who noticed. 

 

Don't you dare dad  

 

 

"Jihoon, I have some designs I want to show you. I need advice aside from my son. Wanna come?" 

"sure" 

 

 

There we were. My and Mino seated quietly on the living room. You could cut the awkwardness with a knife. He looked at me for a while as if figuring out my thoughts. 

 

"So what's your speech?" 

"Excuse me" 

"You know, the I'm a great guy to your father kind of speech to soothe me" 

"I -"  he looked at me surprised "got no speech. I don't know if I'm the perfect guy. Look at my son. He hates my guts" 

"You are not helping yourself" 

"All I know it that I've been friends with your dad for a year and I all want it take care of him" 

"He has me to protect him " 

"I know but you can't be with him 24/7. He is naive and too soft to people" he was right. He knew that as well. Maybe we were on the same page. Maybe he would be a good company while I'm on university. At least as friends if they break up. 

"Well played" I mumbled 

"Thanks?" He chuckled 

"But this doesn't mean I'm happy about this. I will watch you" I threaten him "I will wait for you to mess up" 

"it's ok. You can be part of Jihoon's I hate mino club"

"Good job at raising him" 

"Yeah. He is pretty difficult" he said crossing his legs to watch me "I was struggling with my career when he was a kid so he kind of grow up being taking care by everyone else but me. Couldn't give him more attention and now he looks me like his ATM" 

"I got friend a like him. He is far away of watching you like a ATM. He is just mad" he raised his brows interest 

"Did he told you that?" 

"Nope. We barely talked a few times since dad was pushing him to my room" a shrugged "I just know stuff about him on university" his ears perked up 

"Stuff?" 

"Yes. Stuff" I looked at him in a funny way because he seriously though I was going to tell him that. He chuckled. 

"Well" he mumbled

 

Once Jihoon and dad returned. He took seat next to me. The warm skin of his hand burned me uncomfortable. The fragrance of the other night came right into my nostrils. He was wearing the same perfume and my brain got imprinted all night while I was struggling to sleep. He was getting on my nerves. The way his eyes and mocking lips suddenly went numb once he saw Mino talking highly of me. He was disappointed. I was sure he was used to the feeling and knew so well how to cover it up.

All I did was to think about him. I was losing my mid trying to understand why was him so important to figure it out. I just understood that maybe he was that thrill I was missing.