Happily Ever After

Unconventional Little Mermaid

"Another boring day at the bottom of the boring sea~"

 

The black-haired man hummed while throwing a blue coral into a cauldron. An albino eel swam to him carrying a shell in its mouth. He smiled and used one of his dark purple tentacles to take the item from his pet. Another eel but dark brown cried out to get his attention, signaling him that he had a visitor.

 

"HYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNG!!!"

 

Knowing what was coming, the black-haired man floated aside to avoid an incoming sea puppy. His instinct was perfectly right because something lunged past the spot where he was standing not long ago and crashed into a nearby shelf. He used a bubble spell to catch his items while using one of his tentacles to grab the culprit's sapphire blue tail. He stared at a young merman who was dangling from his tentacle waiting for an explanation.

 

"Hyung!" The handsome merman beamed, "I miss you so much!"

"Get to the point, Haeriel, what did you do this time?"

"But I didn't do anything!" Haeriel pouted, "well, not yet anyway."

"Alright, what prank are you about to do this time?"

"Hyung, you really have no faith in me. I'm so sad!"

 

The black-haired man's heart immediately softened down at his younger brother's kicked puppy expression. Sighing in defeat, he let the merman go and fondly ruffled his head with his tentacle.

 

"Fine. Tell me what you want. I'll play along with it as long as it didn't make Teukton hyung angry."

"Woonsula hyung!! You're the best! I love you!"

"Yeah, yeah, so, what do you want?"

Haeriel smiled happily, "I wanna take Eunbastian on a date at the surf—"

"No."

"Hyuuuung! You said you'll indulge me!"

"You forgot 'as long as it didn't make Teukton hyung angry' part. Haeriel, the human world is a dangerous place for us. No matter how much I adore you and Eunbastian, I can't allow that."

 

The younger man looked so heartbroken that Woonsula felt really guilty. Still, he couldn't let his baby brother go to such a dangerous place like the human world where they perceived his kind as a monster. Haeriel pouted sadly but he obediently nodded. The young merman hugged and smiled at him: "I know you care about me, hyung, I just want to say that I love you too."

 

 

Because the black-haired man was busy feeling touched, he didn't notice that his dear younger brother sneakily took a vial from the shelf on his way out.

 

**************************************

 

Woonsula was the grand witch of the sea and also King Teukton's younger brother. He specialized in brewing medicines and mastered spell casting. He was a doctor who treated all sea lives equally (although most of the time he was busy brewing medicines for his older brother's headache). His most important motto was "simple is the best" and he hated complicated stuff.

 

Unfortunately, having Haeriel as his younger brother meant complicated stuff was bound to find him eventually.

.

.

.

Woonsula lazed around while waiting for the liquid in the cauldron to set. A strong storm was raging above his head now so he had nothing else to do. He was playing fetch with his pets when he heard a scream— one that never brought any good news to him.

 

"WOONSULAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Woonsula sighed, "it really runs in the family, isn't it?"

 

Turning to face where the panicking voice came from, he saw a familiar merman swimming swiftly in his direction— his older brother King Teukton of the seven seas.

 

"Hyung, you come too early. The pain relief for your headache isn't done yet."

"My visit isn't about my medication but our troublemaker youngest brother!"

"What did Haeriel do this time? Did he make out with Eunbastian on your throne again?"

"I'd be happier if that's the case. This time, it's entirely your fault Woonsula!"

"What did I do?"

"You gave them a transformation potion, didn't you!?"

"What!!? No, I didn't— wait," Woonsula swept his gaze on the shelf, "that brat! He stole my potion!"

"Oh no! That means Haeriel is all alone by himself in the human world! What should we do!!?"

 

The all-knowing king of the sea spun around in place from anxiety and created a small whirlpool that wrecked Woonsula's room. The grand witch of the sea sighed as he used all eight tentacles to catch his items floating around and put it back on the shelf.

 

"Calm down hyung. Eunbastian definitely accompanies him there so at least he isn't alone."

"But Woonsula! What if they got lost and caught by humans who used them to make seafood dishes!? What if they didn't know the potion's time limit and turned back to their true forms thus becoming a dried fish and dried crab somewhere on a stranded shore!!? What if some baddies tricked them and sold them to some circus that never let them see the sunlight again!? What if—"

"I'll go get them back by tomorrow."

(Narrator: in other words, please shut up.)

 

King Teukton finally stopped spinning. He hugged his brother while sobbing non-stop.

 

"T-Thank you, little brother, I know I can count on you."

"Yeah, yeah, let me finish this potion and wait for the storm to subside first. I promise I'll drag those two back as soon as possible."

 

Sobbing one last time, the high king of the sea waved his white handkerchief and bade farewell to the grand witch. Woonsula rolled his eyes in annoyance after his older brother finally left. Great. Tomorrow was his day off but he had to spend it searching for the two idiots in the human world. Sadly, he had no other choices. If he didn't go then a) his hearing would be bombarded by his older brother's cry or b) his older brother cried himself to death. He truly hoped nothing went wrong during the search… 

 

 

(Narrator: everything goes wrong.)

 

*****************************************

 

The night had fallen but the storm was still going strong. Woonsula decided to take a nap and prepared his mentality for tomorrow's trouble day. However, he soon woke up because of the annoying ruckus noise above his head (aka the surface). He sighed in annoyance. Nothing seemed to go his way tonight. The grand witch swam to the surface along with his two pets to check what the happened. Emerging from the dark water, he saw a huge wooden ship rocking scarily because of the strong howling wind and roaring wave. His anger flared up when he saw a flag of white skull and crossbones on a black background— a pirate ship. And heaven knew how much he hated these rats! They often caused havoc above his home! How rude!

 

"No party in my backyard without my permission!"

 

Woonsula shouted angrily and gathered magical energy in his small hand.

.

.

.

.

"Mwhahahaha! 'Tis sure a perfect weather to assassinate the crown prince of the SuJu Kingdom!"

 

A man wearing a black eyepatch touched his long black beard while laughing like a villain. His crews laughed along even though more than half of them didn't know what does assassinate mean. The pirate captain pressed his gun at the handsome young man's temple.

 

"I must praise you though, prince, you cleverly disguised as one of my crews and almost successfully sabotaged my ship. Though that's partly because my men are stupid."

 

The pirate captain sighed. He pressed the barrel harder on the prince's temple but the handsome prince barely flinched at the threat. The prince kept staring ahead calmly not befitting of someone who was standing on the death door.

 

"...Not even a single cry, eh? I like your bravery, prince, it's a shame to get rid of you—"

 

 

CRASH!!!!

 

 

The ship rocked harshly to the side after a loud crashing noise. Many crews lost balance and fell into the sea, drowning under the vicious wave. The prince seized the chance to roll away and tackled one of the pirate crews. He stole a curve blade and single-handedly slid the crew's throat. The pirate captain cursed angrily and shot the prince but the man skillfully dodged behind another crew. The black-beard captain was about to shoot another bullet but the ship was rocked again so both he and the prince fell to the wooden floorboards. The captain shouted at his crews.

 

"WHAT THE HAPPENED!?"

"C-Captain! It's the sea serpent!"

"What!?" The captain's face turned pale, "why does Leviathan try to sink our ship!?"

 

No one answered the bearded man because everyone was speechless at the sight before their eyes— two giant Leviathans, one white and one dark brown, jumping out from the ocean and slamming their bodies on the ship. The wooden ship was immediately torn into half. While the pirate captain was cursing and the crews were running around, the handsome prince jumped into a nearby empty wooden barrel just in time before the ship sunk into the dark water.

.

.

.

.

"Kkoming! Melo! I told you to chase them out of my backyard, not completely wrecking their ship! Urgh, I have to clean my backyard again…"

 

 

Woonsula said while slapping his forehead. The two sea serpents cried sadly after getting scolded by its owner which immediately made the witch feel guilty.

 

"Okay, okay, you two did a great job. Don't cry alrig— OUCH!"

 

The grand witch cursed out loud when something big and hard hit his head. His tentacles caught on the offense object while his human hand rubbed his head in tears. Checking out the thing that dared to hurt him, Woonsula had an urge to blast the stupid wooden barrel to oblivion with his magic. Though he changed his mind when he saw an unconscious man sitting in the barrel. The grand witch groaned.

 

"Oh no, not a corpse in my backyard!"

 

Woonsula slapped the sleeping man's cheek and sighed in relief when the man responded to his slap.

 

"Whew, at least he's not dead yet."

 

Woonsula didn't plan to invite a human to his home so he decided to drop him at the shore.

.

.

.

.

"There, this should do."

 

Woonsula said after he was done rolling the barrel onto the sandy shore with his tentacles. Then, he decided to smash the barrel out of pity for the unconscious man who hardly fitted in there. His tentacles gently brushed the wet bang aside revealing a handsome look that easily stole anyone's heart including Woonsula himself. He blushed and wondered why his heart suddenly jumped faster. Looking around nervously, Woonsula lay down on the human's chest and smiled shyly. Though he soon frowned when he felt no life from the man.

 

"Hey, don't die on me after I waste my night dragging you up here."

 

No response.

 

"Hey, wake up."

 

Woonsula said louder while slamming his tentacle on the human's chest. The man coughed and spit water out. Two weak eyelids opened slightly and a quiet velvety voice slipped out of his lips.

 

"W-Who…?"

"Oh, you wake up! Then I'll go now, bye."

 

The witch turned around ready to go back into the sea since the human was already safe, but a hand shot out and stopped him.

 

"W-Wait, don't leave me alone."

"It's ok. Someone will find you when the morning comes."

 

Woonsula tried to soothe the human but the man wouldn't let him go. He had no choice but stayed with the human.

 

"Fine, I'll stay but can you let go of my hand?"

"..."

 

The man had fallen asleep probably from exhaustion, but his hand still held on Woonsula's hand tightly. The grand witch sighed while blushing slightly. Well, the night was really dark with no moon in sight and the human was exhausted so he probably couldn't see him clearly. Then he would entertain the human and accompany him until the sun rose. Woonsula hummed quietly and stared into the ocean where the storm was still raging. He hoped Kkoming and Melo followed his order and took care of "trash" while he was away. Having nothing better to do, Woonsula glanced at the unconscious human and decided to check him out. He ruffled the soft, wet caramel brown hair and intentionally set it into a funny hairstyle. Giggling at his prank, the grand witch then pinched the man's cheek and squeezed it again and again. Because he was preoccupied with his prank, Woonsula didn't notice that the man he was teasing actually pretended to sleep and was smirking in glee now.

 

"My angel is quite playful, isn't he?"

"What? Wha—"

 

Woonsula yelped when he was suddenly pulled toward the human. His lips then were sealed by something cold but soft that made his heart drum crazily. He stayed still like a stone because he was shocked, so the human seized the chance to lock his nape and hold his waist in place to deepen the kiss. The man bit and tugged Woonsula's lower lip before it. A tongue was then boldly shoved in and drew a sweet moan from the grand witch. Woonsula was kissed until his tentacles turned jelly and his mind was reeling. The raging storm behind him couldn't even beat his racing heartbeat at the moment.

 

"My angel…" The human murmured after breaking the kiss, "you saved my life…"

"And this is how you repay my kindness!? ERT!"

 

Woonsula hit the human's head with his tentacle. The erted man instantly fainted from OHKO and the grand witch swam back into the sea with a bright red face.

 

************************************

 

"Alright, time to find those two troublemakers."

 

Woonsula said with a sigh. His two human legs took him through the crowd with ease. Unlike his brothers, he was able to switch between his true form and human form at will due to his vast magical energy. The witch looked at the sky through the gap of his fingers. The sun had already risen and he ended up not getting any sleep. His heart was too busy jumping and screaming in his chest after losing his first kiss to a handsome stranger he rescued. Gah, the downside of staying at the bottom of the sea alone for too long. Just one amazing kiss from a handsome guy and he was a goner! Woonsula shook his head to clear it. No, he should prioritize finding Haeriel and Eunbastian first. He also should stop daydreaming about the handsome guy already. It's not like he will see that ert again, right?

 

 

(Narrator: he will.)

.

.

.

.

"Welcome! Welcome! At Shin Shop we sell everything!"

"Excuse me, Sir,"

"Yes! How may I help you?"

"What is the fastest way to find a missing person?"

"Well… I do have some idea but why don't you take a look at our goods first?"

 

 

Scammer.

 

 

Woonsula complained inwardly but bought one stupid-looking giant pink bow anyway. If only his magic didn't affect humans...

 

"Thank you, dear customer," the merchant grinned while rubbing his hands together, "as for your question, the royal palace will hold a ball tonight to celebrate the crown prince Kyuric's come back from his long journey. Literally, everyone joins the ball so if you want to find someone, you probably have the best chance there."

"Thank you."

 

The grand witch thanked the merchant for the info. Attending the ball sounded bothersome but at least it was better than searching the entire kingdom. Both Haeriel and Eunbastian loved partying so they would no doubt attend it. He just had to wait for nightfall and prayed that nothing went wrong.

 

 

(Narrator: it all goes wrong.)

 

*****************************************

 

It would be a while before the said ball started so Woonsula took time to leisurely wander around the lively town. He found a beautiful serene garden at one corner of the town. Probably because people were preoccupied with the upcoming ball, the witch was the sole person in the vast garden. Good. He didn't feel like meeting anyone now. Woonsula stopped at a large lake and took in the beautiful scenery. That was when he saw a sapphire blue lotus blooming in the middle of the lake. The witch's eyes twinkled in joy. Sapphire blue lotus was rare and he could use one or two for his medicine brewing. The question is, how?

 

"You want that lotus?"

 

Woonsula turned to see the newcomer and his heart immediately skipped a beat. A caramel brown-haired man who smiled at him was none other than the ert he met last night. The grand witch flinched when the man approached him but the taller man just walked past him and got down on a rowing boat. Sitting down, the handsome man offered his hand to the black-haired man.

 

"Here, take my hand. I'll help you get that lotus."

 

 

He didn't remember me?

 

 

Woonsula stood there hesitantly and just stared at the man in the boat. However, he couldn't find a speck of recognition in those warm brown eyes at all. Well, he did smack the ert's head quite hard last night so he probably lost some memory. After considering all risks, Woonsula took the other man's hand and got in the boat. He pulled his knees up and rested his chin on it, staring at the handsome stranger who rowed the boat quietly. Noticing his gaze, the taller man smiled at him and winked, and Woonsula was completely captivated by his charm. Neither of them said anything, just staring while smiling at each other under the bright sunlight. The boat soon stopped near a group of sapphire blue lotus swaying gracefully above the clear surface. Woonsula happily plucked the rare ingredient not knowing that the other man was staring at him dreamily. The witch slightly jumped when the taller man leaned in so close. His fingers brushed against Woonsula's chubby cheek and immediately set the witch's whole face on fire.

 

"Say, have me met before? Why does your beautiful face make my heart jump in my chest like—"

 

 

Splash!

 

 

The brown-haired man blinked stupidly at the cute guy who suddenly jumped into the lake and swam back to the shore with inhuman speed. Climbing onto the land, the black-haired man turned his flushed face his way for a moment before running away, leaving the handsome young man dumbfounded on the boat.

.

.

.

.

"That was close!!"

 

Woonsula said while using a spell to dry his clothes. He was quite far away from humans now so he didn't have to worry about using magic. Unfortunately, no matter which spells he cast, it didn't help calm his racing heartbeat at all. He touched his burning cheeks trying to cool it with magic but to no avail. If anything, it only reminded him of the handsome ert and his fingers on his cheek and his amazing kiss that night—

 

"No! I'm here to find Haeriel and Eunbastian, not looking for a husband!"

 

Slapping his cheeks, the grand witch took a deep breath to regain himself. That's right, just attending that damn party, finding his troublemaker younger brother, and dragging their asses back to the sea! So easy! Woonsula smiled to encourage himself. Fortunately, the sun began to set behind the horizon now so the ball probably would start soon. Get in, get out, all done! Besides, he wouldn't run into that guy again anyway, right!!?

 

 

(Narrator: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) )

 

*********************************************

 

Woonsula leisurely walked into the luxurious ball after his frenzy mind finally calmed down. People stared at his outfit— a simple white shirt, black pants, and brown boots— and gossiped at his unbecoming outfit. He paid them no mind and weaved through the crowd with ease. He came here to find his brat younger brother not seducing a prince, no need to doll up. The grand witch swept his dark eyes around the vast hall searching for Haeriel and his boyfriend Eunbastian. Unbeknown to him, someone was watching him closely ever since he stepped into the hall.

.

.

.

.

"We met again, beauty."

 

 

The crown prince Kyuric smiled at the black-haired man who looked around himself like a lost child. He finally found something to do at this boring party. He told his father and mother countless times that they didn't have to hold a ball for him but to no avail. He hated these kinds of parties because all people did was dressing in extravagant clothes and pretended to praise one another only to talk behind their backs after that. The cute black-haired man, on the other hand, didn't care about his look nor did he stop to gossip. The prince truly wondered why the cutie even attended the ball in the first place. Determined to find the answer, he stepped out from his hiding place and headed toward the black-haired man without hesitation.

.

.

.

.

"May I have the pleasure of a dance with you tonight?"

 

 

Woonsula turned his head to the velvety voice and gasped upon finding a familiar handsome man. Why the heck that guy was here!?

 

 

"Oh my god, it's Prince Kyuric!"

 

 

This ert is the crown prince!?

 

 

The grand witch couldn't believe his ears. The ert who stole his first kiss was actually the crown prince of the biggest kingdom on earth!?

 

 

"My dear?" Prince Kyuric spoke up after the black-haired man had yet to reply.

 

 

He still didn't remember me?

 

 

Woonsula thought to himself while staring at the charming prince searching for a speck of recognition again, but found none again. Well, he really did smack the ert's head really hard so it was understandable that he had a hard time recalling it.

 

"My dear, have we met somewhere before? Ever since our encounter in the afternoon, I've had this warm and bubbly feeling stirring in my chest. The only time I ever feel like this was last night when I met my angel who saved my life. Sigh, unfortunately, I can't remember what he looks like because the moonless night blinded my eyes. The only fragment of memory that still lingers in my heart is his beautiful moan— I mean, his beautiful singing."

 

 

He ing remembers my moan!

 

 

Woonsula wanted to die from embarrassment. What kind of voice did he make last night when they kissed that it imprinted in the prince's memory!!? He truly wished that the floor would swallow him and take him back to the sea. Just how many times did this ert want to make him die from a heart attack!!? Woonsula bit his bottom lip to stop a blush threatening to creep on his cheeks. He had better stay away from the ert prince as far as possible. He came here to look for his brat younger brother not finding a husband. With that thought in mind, the grand witch avoided the prince's gaze and walked away hurriedly. Prince Kyuric stared after the small retreating back dumbfounded. Never before in his life had someone turned their backs at him! The charming prince followed after the black-haired man and gently caught his slim wrist.

 

"Wait! Are you going to leave without saying anything?"

"..."

 

The crown prince frowned. The adorable guy in front of him refused to say anything and just kept casting his eyes down shyly. Now that he thought about it, he had never heard the beauty utter any words before. Could it be…?

 

"Are you mute?"

"..."

 

The black-haired man cast his eyes down even lower so the crown prince concluded that he was correct. He felt guilty now because he tried to make a muted guy speak. Still holding that fragile wrist, the crown prince bowed his head gracefully to the shorter male.

 

"I deeply apologize for my rudeness. Please forgive my unbecoming action."

"..."

 

Woonsula quickly shook his head and tried to pull his wrist out of the charming prince's grip. Right now, all eyes in the hall were on him and the crown prince, and god did he hate getting unwanted attention—

 

 

His eyes widened.

 

 

At the cocktail table where the cocktail glasses were stacked high up, the two brats whom he was looking for everywhere were circling around the table very suspiciously. Knowing his younger brother's childish nature, he bet Haeriel was trying to get the topmost cocktail glass just because he could. Great. that brat was about to literally crash the party and got his and his stupid whipped boyfriend's heads chopped off. He couldn't let that happen because king Teukton would no doubt cry himself to death. To keep everyone's attention away from the idiot fish and crab, the grand witch decided to attract all attention to himself. He tackled the crown prince and snuggled closer to the man. Hooking his arms around the taller man, Woonsula glanced up at the handsome prince with a pleading gaze.

 

Prince Kyuric smiled fondly, "you want to dance with me?"

 

The crown prince chuckled at the smaller man who nodded shyly in his chest. He placed his hands on the slim waist and led them to a dance floor. All eyes were on them as the two men engaged in a slow waltz. Prince Kyuric couldn't stop smiling while looking at the black-haired man. The beauty who caught his attention finally stopped running away from him. Those pair of mesmerizing dark orbs stared fixedly at him and the crown prince wished for it to only focus on him. That's why he frowned in dissatisfaction when the man glanced past him to something else. Prince Kyuric was about to turn back to glare at whatever dared to steal the beauty's attention away from him, but the shorter man hooked his hands around the crown prince's neck and stopped him. Prince Kyuric smiled and pressed his forehead on the black-haired man's forehead. That's right. Don't look at something else. Only look at me.

.

.

.

That was so close!

 

 

Woonsula sighed in relief when he got the ert prince and every guest to look at him. Just now when everyone was focusing on him and the crown prince, Haeriel let Eunbastian climb on his shoulders. The poorly made human tower staggered dangerously that Woonsula's heart almost leapt out of his chest. The crown prince probably noticed his surprised gaze so he tried to turn around. Luckily, the grand witch immediately got the handsome prince's gaze back to himself. Plus, literally everyone was staring at him in jealousy so no one knew that two idiots were doing something stupid at the cocktail table now.

 

 

But wasn't the ert prince's face a little bit too close! And stopped looking at me with that twinkling eyes and a charming smile!

 

 

Woonsula knew that he was blushing deep red right now. His heart also drummed loudly against his chest and he bet the crown prince also felt it through their touching chests, or else he wouldn't smile brightly like that. Breathe in, Woonsula, just a bit more and you will be free from this embarrassing situation. As soon as Haeriel got that stupid cocktail, he swore he will drag them back to the sea and smack their shallow skulls! The grand witch thought grudgingly while glaring at the troublemaker couple. Their makeshift ladder was finally stable. Haeriel carefully shifted closer to the table so Eunbastian could grab the glass. Woonsula's heart fell to the floor when Eunbastian's hand missed the glass and made the cocktail tower shake slightly. Those brats! Fortunately, the cocktail tower didn't collapse so Woonsula's heart got back to its place.

 

"My dear, what are you looking at?"

 

No! Don't look that way!

 

To prevent the crown prince from turning away, Woonsula decided to do something really bold and really stupid.

.

.

.

"My dear—"

 

 

Prince Kyuric's sentence was cut by a pair of soft lips landing on his own. His eyes widened from shock. The cute guy who had been nothing but shy suddenly kissed him. The crown prince happily reciprocated the kiss and held the shorter man in place. He the luscious bottom lip and slid his tongue in. The taste of coffee and vanilla that greeted him made him frown. It tasted so familiar but the crown prince couldn't put his fingers on it. Maybe, if he tasted it more, the answer might come to him eventually. With that thought in mind, Prince Kyuric held the man tighter and prolonged the kiss, ignoring a loud gasping noise from people around them.

.

.

.

Woonsula started to think that his plan wasn't stupid but incredibly freaking stupid. Who would have thought that the ert prince was a damn great kisser? He almost let out a moan too many times for his liking and almost exposed his identity. Still exchanging a kiss with the crown prince, the grand witch sneaked a glance at the cocktail table. At least his plan worked and no one paid attention to whatever his idiot younger brother was doing. Eunbastian who was sitting on Haeriel's shoulders successfully got his hand on the topmost cocktail glass. The stupid duo grinned at each other and tried to exchange a high-five. However, they forgot that they weren't on stable ground now. Haeriel stumbled in his steps and swayed to the left and right. Eventually, what he feared the most came true. Eunbastian's arm knocked the cocktail tower and it toppled toward his direction.

 

 

"WATCH OUT!"

 

 

Woonsula shouted and harshly pushed the crown prince out of harm's way. A bunch of cocktail glasses fell on him and knocked him to the ground. The grand witch groaned in pain. One of the glasses hit his head and it freaking hurt!! He literally saw the stars now!! While Woonsula was laying on the floor helplessly, Prince Kyuric quickly kneeled down beside him and held him in his arms. The crown prince gently caressed the grand witch's cheek while staring at him in disbelief.

 

"That voice just now… You're my angel…?"

 

Woonsula cursed. He got hurt and his secret was exposed. Surely, his situation couldn't get any worse, right?

 

(Narrator: wish granted.)

 

"My angel, did you know that your face is as gorgeous as your ?"

 

Prince Kyuric said teasingly while carrying him up.

 

"Great. Just dump me in the sea already. What a perfect way to spend my holiday…"

 

That was the last thing the grand witch said before passing out in the crown prince's gentle arms.

 

*******************************

 

An unfamiliar ceiling greeted him when Woonsula came to. He was lying on a very comfortable bed. His sore body fell in love with the soft mattress so he decided to lie there a little bit longer. He didn't feel like moving his body yet but his eyes did. His gaze wandered around the luxurious vast room. He saw the crown prince sleeping on a chair beside his bed. Memories immediately came back to him and he recalled all the embarrassing stuff that happened today. He tried to quietly get up to escape from here. However, a sharp pain shot through his back and he accidentally whimpered.

 

"My angel!"

 

Prince Kyuric immediately woke up and rushed to his side. The crown prince hugged the grand witch and rubbed his back soothingly until the pain was gone. The human's gentle touch and his charming voice humming beside his ear almost lulled Woonsula to sleep. But he quickly shook his head to stay awake. No! He must not fall for the ert's charm no matter how handsome and kind he is! He pushed himself away from the alluring arms and turned away to hide his flushed face.

 

"Thanks, but please let me go. I have to leave now."

"To look for your younger brother, right?"

"How did you know?"

"Well, he has been waiting outside of the room while crying his eyes out for a while now."

 

Prince Kyuric gestured at the door. Immediately after that, the door was slammed open and a young man rushed to kneel down beside his bed. Haeriel gripped the bed sheet and looked at him with swollen eyes. Then, Haeriel cried while Eunbastian tried to comfort him.

 

"It's my fault! I shouldn't have caused a mess! If only I listened to hyung from the beginning then none of this would happen!"

 

Woonsula nodded satisfyingly. At least his younger brother learned a lesson.

 

"Now, Woonsula hyung has to marry the crown prince to compensate for the ruined party!"

 

Woonsula almost fell off the bed. What the heck did Haeriel just say!? He glared at the crown prince demanding some explanation.

 

"Well, someone has to pay for my party that was ruined, right? Besides, did you really think that I'll let you go? Destiny finally brought you to me, angel, so I'll never let you get away from me."

 

Prince Kyuric explained while caressing the black-haired man's cheeks. While Woonsula was still in shock, the crown prince leaned in and tasted his full lips. The sweet kiss directed the black-haired man's attention away from the topic at hand. His mind was overwhelmed with the crown prince's scent and those warm lips dancing on his lips. He temporarily forgot everything around him, getting lost in the kiss, but came to when he felt his back touching the bed. Woonsula quickly shoved the ert prince away and scooted back until his back met a headboard. He raised his hand to hide the lower half of his burning face and glared at the handsome ert who swept him off his feet yet again. When he saw Haeriel (who had already stopped crying) and Eunbastian smirked knowingly at him, Woonsula glared even more deathly at the crown prince but Prince Kyuric merely smiled innocently at him.

 

"You don't want to stay here with me?"

 

Prince Kyuric pouted and Woonsula suddenly felt bad for rejecting him.

 

"B-But my potion shop!? And my pet babies!? A-And my family!?"

"So that's what you're worried about," Prince Kyuric pecked his cheek, "don't worry angel, everything has been taken care of."

 

Prince Kyuric gestured at the door again. Woonsula felt like he had seen it before, a scene of a man rushing into the room and kneeling beside the bed before crying loudly. This time, it was his older brother King Teukton who replaced Haeriel's role and sobbed into the bed. In his older brother's arms were two small dogs that barked at him happily— his pet Kkoming and Melo. The two puppies jumped out of his brother's arms and jumped onto the bed. They climbed onto his lap to greet him. While he was petting his babies, his older brother who still sobbed began to ramble on.

 

"I see you since you're a little young boy and now you grow up to be a fine dashing young man! You used to tell me when you were young that you wanted to marry a handsome prince when you grew up and I thought that you're such a cute dreamer! Like, where can you find a handsome prince when you live under the sea! But look where you're now! You actually found a handsome prince and fell in love with him and got engaged to him! My baby brother is no longer single and will get married soon! I'm so happy for you, Woonsula. Don't worry about me and these brats. I'll take care of them in your place so feel free to live the rest of your life with your husband! I already moved your entire shop here on earth and brought your pets for you and said farewell to everyone in your place. You can live here with Prince Kyuric starting from this moment onwards! Aren't you happy? Woonsula? Because I'm really happy for you!!"

 

Woonsula's jaw dropped to the floor while Prince Kyuric sincerely thanked King Teukton and invited him to the royal wedding in advance. His older brother shed tears of joy and nodded to the invitation. Haeriel and Eunbastian wished him a happy marriage in tears, before asking the crown prince to attend the wedding too. Prince Kyuric smiled and extended the invitation to them. Woonsula could only blink at how the ert prince got along very well with his family as if they had known each other for so long. Even his pets Kkoming and Melo seemed to like the crown prince too, judging from the way they happily let him pet their heads. Woonsula truly didn't know if he should be happy or not at that...

 

 

"...Why the hell did my holiday end up with me getting married and having a husband!?"

 

 

Woonsula cried out in protest of the nonsense situations. His protest was soon cut off by Prince Kyuric's gentle kiss that made him forget about the world.

 

"I'm so happy that we got to meet, Woonsula."

 

Prince Kyuric said and kissed Woonsula's forehead. The grand witch blushed madly. He hid his face in the crown prince's strong arms so that he didn't have to see his family grinning knowingly at him.

 

*****************************************

 

One year later…

 

 

"Doctor Woonsula, thank you! I can't thank you enough for saving my daughter!"

"No need to thank me. It's my job as a doctor to save people's lives."

 

Woonsula smiled at a mother and daughter who were bowing at him. After prescribing them medicine for the daughter, he sent them off with a wave and a smile. Kkoming and Melo also sent the clients off with a happy bark. The grand witch stretched his tired body. The last client had left so it was time to close the clinic now. He touched a gold ring on his left ring finger while smiling softly. Although their marriage started off quite confusing and they were infatuated rather than being in love, Woonsula and Kyuric eventually fell in love for real in the past year they had been together. Life in the human world wasn't that bad and… well… his husband took great care of his every need so Woonsula really enjoyed it here. He visited his family from time to time and everything was basically the same in the underwater world, except he now had a different home to come back to.

.

.

.

.

"Kyu, I'm back!"

 

 

Prince Kyuric smiled and let his wife sit on his lap. Woonsula leaned on the taller man's shoulder and hugged him. Glancing at the paper scattering on the desk, he frowned when he saw various familiar words on those papers— ruby coral, sapphire blue lotus, full moon dew, midnight honey— weren't these his potion ingredients?

 

"Kyu, what are you doing?"

Prince Kyuric kissed his wife's cheek, "I'm researching something."

"Research what?"

"A potion that makes men pregnant."

 

Woonsula blinked stupidly for a very long while at what his husband said. But when his brain caught up to it, the grand witch instantly turned bright red.

 

"W-What!!? Why would you want that!!?"

"Woonsula, I'll have to inherit the throne one day and govern the kingdom. I need an heir."

 

Woonsula smiled sweetly at his husband.

 

"Tell me the truth, Kyu."

Prince Kyuric coughed, "I want to have a cute family with you."

 

Woonsula smiled even sweeter.

 

"That's not all, right? Dearest husband?"

Prince Kyuric avoided his wife's eyes, "...I want an excuse to make love with you all day and all night."

"I know it! You ert prince!!"

"Ouch! Don't hit me Woonsula! It's your fault for being too tempting!"

 

Woonsula huffed and nuzzled against his husband's neck. His cheeks felt really hot for what he was about to say.

 

"...You don't need any excuse to do that, you know?"

 

Prince Kyuric was stunned by his wife's honesty. He soon grinned widely and stood up while carrying the black-haired man. The crown prince took the grand witch to their bedroom with haste. They didn't step out of the room even once for the entire night.

 

 

 

 

The grand witch Woonsula and the crown prince Kyuric then lived happily ever after.

 

 

~Fin~