final.

maidenhair

 

Werewolves and Foxes are known to be enemies for god knows since when.


 

For the past centuries, they’ve been fighting each other and there’s no such peace treaty. Both races are fighting on who’s much more superior between them, the powerful, and strongest. Well, not really but now, that’s the case— foxes are naturally submissive and elegant creatures who use intelligence and skills to survive, and wolves are belittling them for that very reason, giving them the title of being the ‘weakest’ creatures.


 

Foxes eventually learned how not to bow down to them, and finally fought back, not letting themselves to be enslaved by those creatures and treat them as a weak version of their superior race, or a mere toy.


 

To prove that foxes are also ‘powerful’ and ‘strong’, they declared war with the wolves, and until now, they are still fighting for that stupid title. Both have their own huge pride, no one dared to ask for peace, never. Especially cocky werewolves, and their big egos and pride.


 

There’s already an unspoken rule that being friends with wolves, and vice versa, is forbidden. Enemies couldn’t be friends no matter what, and each creature has this mindset that they can’t befriend such creatures that want to fight them.


 

However, one fox has a different mindset. She found this fight very petty and unreasonable, she does hate werewolves for putting the title of being ‘superior’ race to themselves but she also hates her own kind for declaring war instead of trying to ask and have a peaceful talk. To them, violence is always the answer.


 

Kim Minjoo found everything very stupid, so pathetic, immature— she couldn’t understand. Nothing will happen if this fight would continue on forever. Why couldn't they just be friends? Be equal? Treat each other as unique creatures and respect each other?


 

Even if she’s at a very young age, she’s already open with this which is surprising especially that she came from a noble pack of foxes who only knows how to discuss about killing and hunting wolves, and how they can lessen their population so foxes could take over. Minjoo already knew how selfish and mortifying those ideas were.


 

Maybe because of her late mother’s influence, she’s also against the war and violence happening between races. Minjoo could vividly remember how her mother would always ask her father, who’s the leader— or just the King, to talk with the other party peacefully and settle the problem without bloodshed because many innocent creatures are getting affected over this also. Even other creatures are getting dragged with their mess.


 

With that, Minjoo promised herself that she’ll stop this war and befriend those wolves and finally achieve that peace that has been missing for centuries now.



 



 

“Father,” Eleven-year-old Minjoo called out, her lips puckered a bit as she glared at her father who’s towering over her, also giving her dagger looks. “I just wanted to express my opinion on this.” She insisted, trying her best not to cower upon seeing that pair of annoyed red eyes pinned down on her.


 

It’s another heavy and gloomy day for Kim Minjoo, the sole daughter and princess of the King of the foxes, Kim Jooseung. The young vixen was forced to attend those boring meetings with the other noble Alpha Foxes again, and like usual, she heard stuff about killings and other brutal things that they are planning to do to the wolves.


 

An eleven-year-old kid wasn’t supposed to know about that but Minjoo’s mind is already open with it, she has a lot of knowledge about it despite being young. After all, she’s not called the ‘young genius fox’ or ‘smart princess’ for no reason. She definitely got the intellect from her late mother, even if Minjoo doesn’t have many memories with her mother, a lot of people would compliment and compare her with her mother. Both of them are thirsty for freedom, justice, and equality.


 

Back to the event that happened earlier, while Minjoo was trying to mind her own business by eating the jello served in front of her, she can’t help but to eavesdrop but somehow, it got to the point that her lips itched, pleading to be opened and tongue ready to roll out those words that were stuck on the back of . She politely vocalized her opinions over the shady plans of their pack and her Father and the other elder foxes didn’t like how she piped in with their serious political talks, especially her opinions and views.


 

They were upset, offended, and disappointed even, especially the King— or just her father, he’s very mad and literally excused themselves away from the table to have a small talk in an available chamber.


 

And now, we’re here. Minjoois getting scolded, once again. Her father is not appreciating her words because she’s too young, once again.


 

“You shouldn’t have opened your mouth,” Jooseung spat, making Minjoo purse her lips, biting the inner muscles of her cheeks. “The others were upset at how nosy you are. You don’t have the right to speak about this issue yet until you reach the right age and finally have understood the reason why we’re doing this, so you keep your lips tightly closed every time gatherings like this happen.” He nagged again, voice firm and authoritative.

 

Minjoo frowned, lips twitching, and tears already forming on her eyes. She’s hurt by his words, yes but she wouldn’t let herself be affected over this. “I don’t get it, father,” She muttered bravely, meeting his furious red eyes once again. “Why do you guys always invalidate my opinion? Ahh yes, I’m just an eleven-year-old kid that still hasn’t understood the reason for this war.” She scoffed bitterly, beating her father to open his mouth first and nag her again.


 

Sighing and shaking her head to express her disappointment, Minjoo took a step backward and gave her father one last glance. “If you’re going to look for me, I will be with Chaeyeon, roaming around the area.” She murmured before finally turning her heels, walking away from the King, not even waiting for his response. It’s not like she still hasn’t done this countless times already, fortunately, her father would let her be, as long as she’s with her guard, Lee Chaeyeon.


 

Her relationship with her Father is very complicated, she’s never close with him in the first place, she’s always with her mother and when the Queen died, Minjoo would always stick with Chaeyeon, her mother’s young guard and now her guard, Minjoo even treats the alpha vixen as her second mother. She’s the only person that genuinely cares for Minjoo.


 

When the young princess of the foxes spotted Chaeyeon standing outside the porch, she immediately ran to her and asked for a hug. After all, she’s still a kid that wants hugs and kisses as comfort. The alpha vixen immediately hushed her down, embracing her and even carried her towards the carriage.


 

“I will assume that the King scolded you again after you spoke up?” Chaeyeon asked, wiping her tears down and Minjoo nodded cutely, sniffling. “Hey, stop crying now, my little baby. Do you want me to bring you to Hallisia?” The older vixen asked, her growing brown silky hair.


 

With the mention of her safe haven, Minjoo’s eyes lit up, nodding eagerly. “Yes, please,” She pleaded and Chaeyeon cracked up a smile. “Hallisia is it then.”


 

Hallisia is an infamous enchanted forest and a secret border between the land of Hexios (place of werewolves) & land of Liass (place of foxes). It’s not really popular and only known as a haunted place, many creatures believed that the forest was cursed by a witch who died there so no one really cared about it nor no one dared to check it out.


 

But to Minjoo, Hallisia is her safe haven, her home. Upon learning that Hallisia was actually her Mother’s favorite place in the entire land from Chaeyeon, the young princess immediately asked the alpha vixen to take her there.


 

Courtesy to Chaeyeon, who was her mother’s one of closest friends, Heemin would always visit this place and meet some werewolves, good werewolves who share the same view as her’s and good friends with them. However, ever since Jooseung learned about the secret, he immediately forbade his wife to visit here anymore.


 

Minjoo would go here whenever she’s lonely or sad because here, she would always feel her mother’s presence that made her less lonely. She usually enters the forest alone, she’s not scared and besides, Chaeyeon would be just around, plus— there would be no threat because, in Hexios, the entrance towards the forest is already closed.


 

“You sure you’ll be alright by yourself? You’re planning to roam deeper, right?” Chaeyeon asked, worried as she looked down at her young mistress. Minjoo just giggled, taking something from her pocket and unfolded it, showing her a guide map she found from the royal library.


 

“Don’t worry, I have a map. I’ll be back after an hour,” Minjoo assured and fixed her gold glasses, smiling sheepishly at her guard. She knew how worried and hesitant Chaeyeon was so she released a scent to reassure her furthermore.


 

Upon smelling that pleasant scent, Chaeyeon gave up. Her shoulders slumped, defeated. It’s known that the vixen princess has this scary pleasant scent that can hypnotize, somehow. “Alright, princess. Be back before an hour. Damn, I shouldn’t be letting you wander around this scary and dark forest alone, you’re just eleven.” She whispered but Minjoo just stuck her tongue out and ran inside the forest, disappearing to the woods and Chaeyeon could just only shake her head, opening her hand clock to check out the time.



 

Meanwhile, Minjoo skipped along the dark pathway, between giant and scary trees, letting the fireflies and moon guide her through the dark. She bravely walked down to the deeper part of the forest, holding the map and stared down at her location.


 

“The secret waterfalls,” The princess of the foxes muttered to herself and she pointed to a certain spot on the map with her little index finger, grinning to herself before finally increasing her pace. She wanted to burst in happiness with the single thought of discovering beautiful places.



 


 

The young vixen jumped in joy when she finally caught the glimpse of the small waterfall after ten minutes of searching, it’s clear and glowing blue, so magical. The area has a lot of fireflies too and some leaves are glowing yellow too, giving her enough light to see and admire the whole place.


 

Minjoo hopped down from the rocks, walking closer over to the body of water and admired it happily. There’s also a small lake below the waterfall, and it looks so clean and beautiful, glowing light blue and even glimmering, inviting for her to take a dip. Too bad she doesn’t have any spare clothes, if she brought one, then she already did a cannonball towards the lake the moment she spotted it.


 

Maybe next time, she’ll drag Yuri and Chaeyeon with her.


 

Hopping to the gigantic rocks once again, she crouched down and dipped her hand in the water, swaying it and produced some small waves, giggling to herself as she found it very amusing.


 

She was about to grab a rock and throw it to the water when suddenly, a faint smell hit her nose. Her brow twitched upon smelling that fading scent but she can perfectly tell that someone is just around the place, near. She can also smell a tinge of hopelessness and fear lacing around the faint scent.


 

Curious cat Minjoo is, she stood up and followed where it came from, drawing her dagger off her white dress. It’s an emergency weapon, she didn’t know it’ll come handy someday soon.


 

She cautiously and carefully walked towards the spot where the scent is stronger, trying her best not to leak her own scent because it might alert the mysterious person.


 

Her nose twitched once again, the pleasant yet strong scent of chocolate mixed with misty hyacinth hit her smelling senses. It made her halt for a bit, sniffing the whiff of it again to confirm. What an odd mixture, the oddest one she ever smelt. It’s intimidating yet soft, Minjoo doesn’t know if this person is an Omega or Alpha because of the confusing smell, but she’ll stick with Beta.


 

Judging from the scent itself too, this person isn’t a fox but a werewolf, but nonetheless, it didn’t scare her and it even encouraged her to check the owner of that scent. Curiosity really pushed her.


 

Finally, after a few walks, Minjoo can finally spot a figure from afar. The person is moving a lot but they stayed in one spot, grumbling something under their breath.


 

“Shizzzz! Why do I have to be stuck in here, gods,”


 

Minjoo observed the mysterious creature, from the looks of it, the person is a kid because of the small frame and the young vixen princess would assume that she’s a she because of the soft scent she’s giving off even though the kid would be a he if she judged it with her clothes and disheveled middle length blue hair. There’s no way that a boy would possess such a soft scent.


 

She’s too lost in her thoughts that she didn’t notice that the kid got alarmed, trying to move again but this time, more force and firmness. The latter must’ve smelt her and noticed her presence already.


 

The young vixen observed her situation again, it looks like this wolf pup’s leg is stuck between the rocks and she can already tell that she’s already panicking because of the scent she’s unconsciously spilling on the air.


 

And as soft-hearted she is, she slowly went to the poor wolf pup, ready to help her when the latter let out a small snarl, trying to intimidate her but it came off as a squeak instead.


 

“Don’t come nearer, fox! I will devour you!” The wolf pup threatened, baring her small sharp fangs to scare Minjoo but the latter remained calm and unbothered, the willingness to help, creeping up to her. She also realized that this pup is a young Alpha, with the use of her words and aura, Minjoo can already tell which hierarchy she belonged to.


 

“But dear young wolf, by the looks of it, you need help.” Minjoo calmly pointed out, tilting her head below to the leg stuck between the gap of the rocks.


 

The young wolf growled. “I don’t need help, especially from a vixen like you.” She responded, lifting her chin up to show superiority and confidence. “I’m perfectly capable of helping myself, so go away.” She added, glaring at her before trying to pull her leg again. The young vixen saw a glint of red on that chestnut orbs, it didn’t scare her though.


 

She just kept mum and watched the wolf try her best to pull her limb out of the rock, and just failed miserably, sitting down to the ground while panting heavily after giving all of her efforts but paid nothing. Minjoo’s lips curved up into a small smile when she saw how defeated the wolf looked after all of that attempt.


 

“Still don’t need a hand? I won’t do anything to you, I just wanted to help,” The young vixen softly offered, not wanting to sound playful that might provoke the little wolf, she knows the true natures of Alphas— an Alpha Werewolf even.


 

Of course, as Minjoo had expected, this young wolf already has a high pride. “No, off. Leave me alone,” She grumbled, annoyed as she pulled her leg again, hissing in pain and annoyance when it still didn’t come off.


 

Minjoo pursed her lips and looked above, the full moon shining brightly on the night sky. “It’ll be midnight soon, you sure you won’t get your whipped by your parents?” She asked, trying to hit the wolf pup and bullseye, it made the latter freeze upon mentioning it like she’s reminiscing.


 

“Crap,” The wolf cursed softly, unintentionally releasing some of her scent. Minjoo inhaled it welcomely, finding it very pleasing.


 

“So, can I help you now?” The young vixen asked, and she witnessed how the other person gulped, eyes glimmering in hesitance but in the end—


 

The wolf pup sighed, a defeated one, and averted her gaze. “Just make it quick, vixen,” She muttered, giving up, and not believing that she lowered her pride out of desperation to get her leg out from this stupid rock.


 

Minjoo nodded and held her dagger tightly, crouching near the alpha pup, getting dizzy a little after the scent became stronger but it’s good nonetheless. Unconsciously, she released some of hers too, reassuring the wolf. She can smell the faint scent of her jasmine and lavender mixing with chocolate and hyacinth lingering around the air.


 

She then positioned her arm, charging it below to the rock. She heard the pup yelped out of surprise, and after she saw that the rock cracked and got destroyed, she placed her dagger back on her belt and put the pieces of rocks away, helping the wolf pup to pull her injured and bleeding right leg, there’s also some cuts and bruises down to her feet which made her gasp.


 

The said pup hissed but she tried to stand up, only to fail again when her injured one failed her, and it’s not like Minjoo would let her go home with bleeding and not properly treated wounded leg and feet. “Sit and don’t move, I have some herbs here that can clean the wound. Let me just fetch some water,” She instructed, and when the pup was about to complain and let her pride take over again, Minjoo hushed her down by leaking her scent but now, it’s an angry one to show how serious she was that it instantly made the wolf pup’s lips purse and cower a bit. Even if Minjoo is an omega, alphas don’t terrify her that much.


 

Minjoo immediately went to the lake, finding some stuff that can hold the water and lucky her, there’s a small wooden bowl sitting on the corner. The rim is cracked but it can hold water still. She grabbed it and immediately dipped it to the lake, retreating it after a second and went back to the wolf pup who’s surprisingly waiting patiently for her with a scowl.


 

She couldn’t care less if she would show an attitude, as long as Minjoo could help her, she won’t expect much for this pup anyway.


 

After placing her small satchel bag on the ground, she took out some flower herbs that she always keeps for an emergency and went into business. She poured the water to the injured part of the wolf pup’s leg and feet, she heard the latter hissed because of the sting and the young vixen immediately tried to soothe her by leaking another whiff of her scent. “It’ll hurt really bad especially when I apply some herbs. I’ll try to be gentle as much as possible but bear with the sting, okay?” She warned, damping the clean cloth that she has to the soaked skin and wiped off the blood.


 

There was a silence while Minjoo readied the herbs, uncapping the container, and added some other herbs to one another. The wolf pup is just intently looking at her, still has her guard high for a sudden upcoming attack. Minjoo decided to lighten up the mood and assure the wolf pup that she will do no harm. After all, she’s still a young vixen omega, for sure— this kid is a well-trained alpha pup, she’s no match either way.


 

“My name is Minjoo,” She started off and that sudden introduction made the other’s brow shot up. “Did I ask?” She deadpanned but the princess just shrugged it off, continuing to do her business. “I’m an omega fox, I think you can already tell. Don’t worry, I don’t like your race but I don’t hate them either.” She continued, finally dipping her finger to the container and retreated it when she already scooped a generous amount of the jelly-like substance/herb with her finger.


 

“ that , you don’t need to say that, don’t be shy to tell me that you hate us. We hate you sly foxes too— Ouch!” The wolf pup flinched and yelped when the young vixen finally started to apply the herbs around her stinging fresh and still bleeding wound. The kind young fox is trying to distract her from too much sting by holding a conversation with her.


 

Minjoo focused her gaze on her business, trying to apply it very soft and gently, scared to hurt the wolf further. “If that’s what you wanted to think, If that would make you happy. Okay. But let me tell you, I’m not like any others, I have different views.” She defended herself, dipping her finger again to the container when there are no more herbs left sticking around her finger.


 

Somehow, it earned the pup’s curiosity, her ears visibly perked up in interest.


 

“Hah, you’re just saying that to lure me, well it’s not working— sly vixen,” The pup cockily said, even huffing. “I wouldn’t be surprised if there's poison in this herb!” She hissed, and Minjoo just looked at her, amused, still applying the herb gently to the wounds. “Rest assured I meant no harm, It’s just to happen when I’m visiting this forest, there’s a wolf in need of help. It’s just a coincidence, I’ve never expected that I’ll meet a werewolf like you in this kind of place,” She explained her side after being accused.


 

“Which reminds me,” Minjoo added, tilting her head curiously towards the pup who’s staring back also. “How did you get here? As far as I know, the entrance here from Hexios is already closed.” She said, still circling her finger to the injured flesh.


 

She saw how the pup’s lips twitched. “Tch, I sometimes trespass here because no one could find me here. It’s peaceful too,” She answered, averting her gaze once again away from her. “You? Why are you here?” Minjoo nodded understandingly. “Indeed.” She agreed to the first sentence.


 

“It’s my safe-haven, my late mother would always go here and I find this forest homey so I visit here often,” She replied to her questions, a little bit glad that the other girl was talking.


 

Minjoo then retreated her finger after double-checking if the wounds were nicely coated with the herbs and looked up again. “It’s done, you should put herbs again tomorrow and the day after tomorrow so It would heal faster.” She reminded and leaned away, fixing her stuff. “How did you even manage to stuck your leg there?”


 

The wolf pup finally tried to stand up, grunting but she perfectly balanced herself, although still limping. “Jumped from the tree, trying to reach for the apple and unfortunately, I landed in that spot and my legs exactly fell there and ta-da,” She lazily explained, hissing a bit.


 

The vixen also stood up. “Be careful next time,” She said, slinging her satchel to her shoulder and looked up, checking up the moon. “We should get going now, It’ll be midnight soon.” She muttered and thought of Chaeyeon, that guard of hers is definitely worried by now.


 

“Yes,” The other girl whispered, awkwardly rubbing her nape. Minjoo can visibly see how she became shy and she found it amusing, maybe this alpha pup wasn’t that bad after all.


 

“Alrighty then, it’s nice to meet you, young alpha.” The young princess of the foxes greeted, a little bit stiff because she doesn’t know her name. She noticed how the wolf pup winced with that, raising a brow at her and unamused.


 

“Call me, Yujin, vixen.” The wolf pup said after contemplating and awkwardly cleared . Minjoo’s eyes lit up, a small smile curving up into her lips. “Nice to meet you, Yujin-ssi.” She bid goodbye once again, more properly this time after she finally learned her name.


 

Yujin, hmm, sounds pretty


 

She threw Yujin a look one more time and was about to turn around and finally go back when the young wolf pup suddenly spoke again which made her halt her movements. “You said you often come here, how often? Will you go back tomorrow?” Yujin asked, curious, and shy.


 

Minjoo tilted her head, amused, and blinked cutely in realization. “I go here once a week but If you’ll be here tomorrow then I’ll go back and pay a visit again,” She answered with a smile.


 

Yujin fidgeted, scratching her head and pink tint evident on her cheeks, she can’t believe that she asked that to another kid, and even to a fox! Oh gods, what must be happening to her? Is it the herbs? Is it the beautiful scent of the vixen that made her feel so light.


 

“W-Whatever,” She replied with a hiss, blushing madly, only to blush harder when Minjoo giggled so adorably.


 

“Well then, I’ll be going now, Yujin-ssi. Someone’s waiting for me.” The young vixen said and finally, turned her back and slowly climbed the rocks while Yujin just watched her. She reached the top and was about to walk away now when she heard a voice from behind.


 

“Thank you, Minjoo-ssi,”


 

Minjoo stopped on her tracks, surprised, and struck. She looked back and saw the wolf pup running away, limping but fortunately, she’s not a weak kid alpha but already a trained one.


 

Once again, Minjoo smiled at nothingness before continuing her journey towards the exit and that smile didn’t fade, only widening as she remembered their interaction. She can’t believe she somewhat befriended a wolf kid like her.


 

Didn’t know wolves know how to say thank you to a fox like me


 


 

And like Minjoo promised (sort of), the latter went back to Hallisia the same day. It took her a lot of convincing for Chaeyeon to bring her there but in the end, she succeeded, the alpha vixen took her there with no questions asked. Minjoo decided to tell her later about her new-found friend, Chaeyeon is not holding a grudge towards the other race either so there wouldn’t be a problem telling her.


 

Minjoo skipped towards the rocks, giggling to herself and tightened her hold on the strap of her satchel. Yujin would be her third friend after Yuri and Hyunjin if the wolf likes that idea but the vixen would assume that she won’t mind that.


 

Finally, she reached the falls again with a racing heart, due to excitement and because of the running she did. Her eyes lit up when she saw a familiar figure sitting on one of the big rocks, there’s bandage wrapped around her right leg and watching the waterfall and fireflies to probably entertain herself. The scent of chocolate and hyacinth entered her nose again.


 

“Hi!” Minjoo suddenly greeted, very excited. Yujin immediately turned to her, only giving her a faint nod as a greeting. “I didn’t expect that you would really come today,” The young vixen added as she approached closer.


 

Yujin huffed, rolling her eyes. “I only came here because I was bored in our manor,” She responded, scooting away a bit when Minjoo sat down close to her and yelped. The young vixen nodded and hummed, not convinced. “If you say so~” She chirped, staring at the wolf pup with a grin however, that grin didn’t last long after she spotted a cut and bruise on her face.


 

“What happened to you?” The young vixen asked, worried as she reached for Yujin’s face. The wolf pup was flustered with their close proximity and instantly flinched.


 

The latter immediately turned her reddening face again, shoving Minjoo off her. “I’m fine, It’s normal for me. I got it from my training earlier,” She answered, hoping it would satisfy the worried vixen.


 

Minjoo frowned. “Training?” She asked, voice low and brow arched. “You’re injured,” She pointed out, a little bit confused and angry. Yujin scoffed. “I know, they know but this is just how it works. I need to work hard, I can’t disappoint everyone, they have high expectations of me because I’m the General’s successor. Even if I’m limping and hurt, I need to do my best.” She responded with a deep sigh.

 

Suddenly, Minjoo feels pity towards the kid, looks like they’re just the same age and she’s already training to be a strong alpha. “General’s successor?” She asked in the form of a whisper. Yujin briefly glanced at her. “You’re nosy but yes, I’m the sole daughter of the great pack leader of Xylos.” She answered.


 

Minjoo’s ears perked up, she heard the group name of that pack every time there’s a meeting between the elders and nobles. Xylos is a famous pack of strongest and finest werewolves in Hexios.


 

Unlike the foxes, werewolves don’t like monarchy, since they’re full of pride. They all belong to different groups of packs, that’s why sometimes— there would be a war between the werewolves too. The groups stay independent, each of the packs has their own leader which they call General, and this General has to be the strongest and smartest among them all with great leadership and skills too.


 

“You’re the daughter of Ahn Daeyu,” She muttered, upon realizing. Yujin nodded. “How’d you know my father?” She asked, curious.


 

The young vixen chuckled weakly. “Of course, who wouldn’t know the strong and merciless General of one of the strongest packs that existed in Hexios. So, you’re an Ahn, huh…” She replied.


 

“Yeah, I’m an Ahn, scared of me? Vixen?” Yujin asked, smirking wolfishly at her but Minjoo couldn’t bring herself to be scared. She’s just confident that Yujin wouldn’t attack her without any serious reason, she just sensed that the wolf pup isn’t like that. “No.” She answered and flicked her forehead which earned a grunt and low growl from Yujin.


 

The night goes on and eventually, they somewhat became close and finally, Yujin doesn’t see her as a mere threat anymore and even opened up a lot without her even realizing it, also much softer now.


 

Both of them learned a lot about each other, like the young vixen learned that Yujin is just ten years old. Also, Minjoo already introduced herself as the princess of the Kim Family already, she already trusts Yujin that much. The latter already told where family she came from so she might as well say hers too. It didn’t shock the wolf pup and even about kidnapping her and use her as bait.


 

“I trust you, I think you don’t have ill intentions too, I have a very big feeling. I just want to be friends.” Minjoo said after Yujin had . It was fluttering, Yujin will admit because she indeed doesn’t have any ill intentions.


 

Then, both kids talked about the war between their races. It was surprising that Yujin is also against the war, finding killing each other so disgusting but she had no choice, this is her fate. They shared their own opinions and views, both tried to understand and respect each other’s words. They talked about it like they weren’t just kids, it’s so funny that children like them already have their eyes open towards this issue yet other adults still haven’t.


 

“See you next week?” Minjoo asked and dusted off her dress.


 

“Next week?” Yujin repeated, blinking, dismay lingering around her tone— obviously, she liked the vixen’s presence. Both of them really enjoyed spending the whole hour together, even if Minjoo wanted to stay, she can’t. She promised Chaeyeon she’ll be back after an hour and for sure, her father’s looking for her already.


 

Minjoo patted her head. “Sorry, my new friend. I can only go here once a week, well, technically it’s twice this week. We’ll meet again next Friday.” She said, smiling at the wolf pup.


 

Yujin nodded, a little bit sulky but she didn’t show it. “Okay… See you then, Minjoo,” She muttered and lifted her hand, waving it awkwardly as Minjoo walked away. The latter waved back before running towards the dark pathway, smiling to herself.


 

Unbeknownst to both of them, it’s the start of their budding friendship.


 

Friend…


 


 

It became Minjoo and Yujin’s routine, meeting each other once a week, I mean.


 

Both of them found comfort and entertainment with one another, and they just became closer and closer each time they met. Somehow, with their opposite personalities, they got along very well. The werewolf is a bubbly, playful, and kind pup, a little bit arrogant and prideful but it’s in her nature but nonetheless, she learned how to humble down at necessary times with Minjoo’s lectures. They learned a lot from each other, and surprisingly, they understand each other very well.


 

It was hard for Minjoo’s part since her father already got suspicious of her always going out on Friday nights so they planned a schedule. If the vixen can’t come, she would send Chaeyeon to inform the wolf.


 

Yes, Chaeyeon already knew about their friendship, she was taken aback at first but after meeting Yujin quite a few times and that she saw how she made her princess happy, she just agreed. Minjoo would sometimes take Chaeyeon with her in the fall too so she could talk with her friend. It took her and Yujin a few months to get along.


 

It’s been almost three years since they’ve been meeting each other, and everything’s turning out pretty fine. They’ve never got tired of seeing each other every week, they even want to see each other every single day.


 

Currently, fourteen-year-old Minjoo and thirteen-year-old Yujin are sitting on their usual spot, dangling their feet on the water as they talk, also eating the sandwiches that Chaeyeon made for them.


 

“What do you mean your father will marry you off?” Yujin frowned, asking it with annoyance lacing around her tone. Minjoo noticed how angry the wolf was with her roaring scent, she sighed, she knew that this would come, given how Yujin has a bad temper and overly protective of her.


 

Earlier, when Minjoo was walking along the hallway, she passed through the conference room where her Father and other nobles were talking. Fortunately for her, she brought her scent blocker and so, she can’t be smelt behind the door as she eavesdropped. She heard that it’s about politics again but suddenly, it went to marriage.


 

Of course, it didn’t surprise Minjoo, she’s a princess and an Omega. Her father would naturally look for a strong and capable Alpha fox for her and for the nation too since he will be the King. Not also surprising that he will pick someone who’s from a noble family too.


 

“I’ll marry her off to Hyujin, of course,” Jooseung said, and the Hwang Family rejoiced. “He would be a great leader, I will entrust everything to him in the future. You, Hwangs, did great serving me loyally. The marriage will happen when Minjoo turns twenty-two.”


 

What did she expect? She’s very against the idea, Hyunjin is a good friend but she doesn’t like the idea of being married forcedly, nope. She would rather run away with the person she will love in the near future.


 

Yujin stared at her, Minjoo arched a brow. “You still have eight years to stop that from happening.” She muttered and the young vixen snorted. “I didn’t know that you know how to count,” She teased, earning a glare from the wolf pup. “Kidding aside, I will try my best for it to stop, unless I fell for Hyunjin, haha.” She joked again and Yujin wasn’t amused even a bit.


 

“I’ll help you to prevent it from happening,” Yujin said firmly, eyes burning in determination. Minjoo’s heart fluttered, smiling at her friend. “Really? How? You can’t even enter the property of Liass.” She fired back, giggling to herself while Yujin pouted. “We’ll try to stop the war between werewolves and foxes, right?” She asked.


 

Ahh yes, the promise they sealed last year. They promised to stop the stupid war together so wolves and foxes would be friends again. Both of them are very serious about it, they need to show their people that their races can be friends and allies instead.


 

“Haha, okay, but even so. How would you stop the marriage?” Minjoo asked again while Yujin kept mum for a while, staring at her intently. The young vixen noticed how the wolf pup’s orbs glimmered in the dark, finding it very endearing.


 

“I’ll do anything just for it not to happen, your happiness is my priority,” Yujin answered, serious and tone determined. She even held Minjoo’s hand to show her sincerity and to say that it’s a promise.


 

The princess of the foxes smiled, a blush forming on her cheeks. “Well then, it’s a promise.”


 



 

“You smell so oddly different,”


 

Minjoo looked up from her journal and spotted Hyunjin walking towards her with a confused expression. It made her brow arch, turning to Yuri who’s reading a scroll across her. The latter briefly glanced at her, giving Hyunjin a look also before turning her attention to the scroll again. “I quite noticed that also, there’s a faint smell on you that I couldn’t pinpoint. It’s another scent of a flower? Do you use body scent or what?”


 

The noble newcomer sat beside Minjoo, giving the princess a smile, he didn’t need to bow, after all, he’s also a noble and a close friend of Minjoo.


 

“I think it’s the soap? I use different kinds of soap.” Minjoo suggested, also confused at the sudden statements of her noble friends. Hyunjin shrugged. “Maybe, oh well,” He changed the topic. “Mage Miyawaki Sakura invented a new spell.” He started off.


 

Minjoo heard Yuri replied about that but she couldn’t care less, she’s too occupied thinking about the scent that was guessed to be imprinted on her.

 

Flower...


 


 

“You do know that what you’re doing is dangerous, right?”


 

Yujin looked through her shoulders and saw her friend, Yena glaring at her. She sheepishly grinned at the older wolf. “Yes, I’ve been doing this for the past seven years now.” She muttered as she slung her satchel over her shoulders.


 

“Yeah but now you’re going to visit Minjoo’s house! Which is a hundred times dangerous!” The older shouted, unamused. Yujin just shrugged. “Don’t you worry about me, I’ll be fine.” She reassured and was about to go outside when Yena grabbed her shoulders, preventing her from walking away.


 

When Yujin faced her friend, a pair of red eyes greeted her but it didn’t make her fazed, staring back with the same intensity. “You’re going to enter our enemies’ place. I think you need serious help, Yujin. You’re going to die the moment you get caught.” She firmly said, her hold on the younger, tightening.


 

“Are you underestimating me, Yena? The general’s successor? You still don’t know what I am capable of, huh? And don’t worry, someone will sneak me in. I’m fully prepared.” The younger said, shrugging her shoulders, a sign that Yena should retreat her hand away. After sharing a few seconds of eye contact, Yujin arched her brow and turned her heels, walking to the door.


 

“You’re crazy,” Yena exclaimed, not believing that this is happening. She couldn’t accept that her friend would risk herself just to visit a fox, a freaking fox.


 

Yujin opened the door and faced Yena once again, with her usual sheepish grin. “Yeah, crazy for Kim Minjoo,”


 

And with that, Yujin turned into her werewolf form— glimmering deep bloody red eyes, shiny raven haired fur— and ran away from their base. Fortunately, with her harsh training and discipline, she can perfectly control her wolf form and can use it anytime she wants even at such a young age. Some adults can’t even control themselves or transform with their own will because of the lack of cooperation of their beast and training.


 

In no time, she reached the border, sneaking in as usual towards the barrier and entered the magical forest, Hallisia— her and Minjoo’s safe haven. She transformed back to her human form and dusted off some dirt away from her coat, walking towards the entrance to Hallisia from Liass.


 

Excitement and nervousness started to enter her nerves but longing still beat those two up. Yujin’s face dropped, lips puckering into a pout when she felt an ache inside her chest. She misses Minjoo so badly, her best friend.


 

It’s been a month since she ever saw the vixen. According to Chaeyeon, the fox princess is suffering from an unknown illness which made Yujin worry to death. Weeks ago, the alpha guard informed her about this since Minjoo couldn’t meet her again, then another week had passed, the vixen is still sick and then, last week, Yujin couldn’t take it anymore when Chaeyeon once again met her instead and gave her a letter that Minjoo wrote for her. In the letter, her friend apologized that she couldn’t meet her again because she’s still not well.


 

After that, Yujin decided that if Minjoo’s still sick and can’t meet her again this week then she would sneak in and visit her ill friend. It took a lot of planning and persuading Chaeyeon but in the end, the guard got annoyed with her stubbornness and agreed to help her.


 

Finally, after a few minutes of running, she spotted Chaeyeon standing near a carriage— looking visibly nervous. Yujin smiled. “Chaeyeon!” She greeted waving at her as she jogged towards her.


 

The older woman glared at her. “Use honorifics, will you, kid?” She said, but Yujin just stuck her tongue out. “Whatever, now, let’s gooo!” She exclaimed, walking over to the carriage but Chaeyeon stopped her.


 

“Lucky you, the King is not in the palace, right now. Did you bring the scent blocker with you?” Chaeyeon asked, pulling her by the collar of her coat. Yujin smugly looked at her. “I have the best one in town,”


 


 

Minjoo coughed, groaning into herself when she felt her head pounded more harshly than before. She hissed, massaging her aching temples, and blindly reached for the glass of water resting on the wooden nightstand beside her bed. Her room is dark, it’s already night time and she didn’t bother to lit up the lamp, her only source of light is the moon peeking up on her open window.


 

She’s getting sick of this (pun not intended), even the most respected doctor in Liass doesn’t exactly know what’s happening to her, even the mage’s healing potion didn’t work nor the ritual. Someone said because it might be her first wave of heat that will happen soon and her body couldn’t seem to grasp it and adjust, resulting in her falling sick instead.


 

The princess sighed, pouting to herself as she snuggled further in her thick blankets, her mind running. And as usual, a familiar playful yet attractive face entered her mind— Ahn Yujin. She badly misses her friend, she’s surely worried about her. The wolf literally sent her a letter back and Chaeyeon said that Yujin just wrote the long letter in a span of two minutes. That already tells how much the wolf missed and worried about her.


 

Slowly, a smile curved up into her lips, chest warming in a good way. It only happens whenever she thinks of that dumb wolf friend of hers. She didn’t exactly know when it started but she just woke up one day, her chest blooming every time the thought of Yujin entered her head.


 

That’s it, enough thinking of Yujin for today. She needed sleep. She also knew that she'd dream about her friend anyway. Minjoo would call it a day.


 

However, before she could even close her eyes, a loud ‘psst’ can be heard outside. Her sensitive ears perked up but she shrugged it off, thinking that it was a bug but another hiss was heard and a loud rattle outside which made her alarmed. She was about to stand up and get her dagger when a figure suddenly slipped in, landing on the floor with a loud thud and even rolled a few times because of the impact.


 

Minjoo’s eyes widened, ready to scream when the person stood up and shushed her. “Shhh! It’s me, Minjoo-ah!” She whispered, walking to the window to close it before approaching the bewildered vixen.


 

“Yujin!?” The fox princess asked, very surprised at the sudden appearance of her friend. It’s too dark and she couldn’t see the wolf properly, only sensing her roaming around the room. They could see through the dark, however, they could only use that ability in full if they’re just on their beast form.


 

Yujin didn’t respond back, Minjoo could only hear some shuffling in the background and suddenly, the room glowed orange. The werewolf lit the lamp and the room is now bathed with an orange glow from the flame.


 

The younger girl grinned when their eyes met once again, Minjoo’s honey orbs sparkled, and there’s full of longing and confusion through it. Yujin then ran to her and jumped to her friend, pulling her into a tight embrace but not enough to hurt Minjoo, that’s the last thing she wanted to do.


 

“I missed youuuuu.” Yujin cooed, rubbing her cheek on Minjoo’s cheek very affectionately while embracing her, not minding the high temperature emitting from Minjoo’s body.


 

The vixen was stunned for a bit but she hugged Yujin after, not that tight because her arms are so limp and weak. She frowned when she didn’t smell any scent around, the scent she badly wanted to smell.


 

“Why are you here? And how the hell did you even—”


 

“You don’t miss me?” Yujin cut her off, staring at her, flashing her puppy eyes and pouting. Sometimes, Minjoo doesn’t want to believe that Yujin is now seventeen years old, and sometime sooner, she would lead the most powerful and strongest pack in Hexios. The werewolf usually acts like this whenever Minjoo’s only around, she’s a whole baby, clingy and obedient puppy to the vixen and this side of her only exists for the latter.


 

Minjoo was taken aback. “I-I missed you too, of course, but how in the name of Lias—” A finger was placed on her lips, stopping her from speaking. Yujin giggled. “What matters the most is now that I’m here. Chaeyeon helped me to sneak in.” She muttered, poking Minjoo’s nose before hugging her again, letting her rest on top of her comfortably.


 

The vixen blinked, sighing because she knew how dangerous it was for them to do this but what does she expect from Ahn Yujin? This girl likes risking herself because she’s confident in her skills. Oh, she prays to the Gods that they would be able to escape smoothly later.


 

“Why are you embracing me? I’m ill, Yujin,” Minjoo weakly pointed out, her nose twitching when she smelt something very bland, definitely a scent blocker. “And I couldn’t smell you…” She added, sulking.


 

Yujin just hummed. “And what if you are? It’s not like it would transfer to me, trust me, it’s okay.” She answered then opened her eyes, looking down to meet Minjoo’s sparkling eyes. “Used a very strong scent blocker, that’s why,” She said, puckering her lower lip. “Sorry, princess but you wouldn’t be smelling my scent for tonight.” She added, placing a kiss on the vixen’s crown, her long silky hair.


 

Minjoo pouted but she didn’t complain, at least she’s here. She just snuggled further, burying her face on Yujin’s neck. This is probably the most intimate and closest they’ve ever been. They like to lie down side by side and star-gaze, sometimes they would watch the fireflies and glowing leaves but they never cuddle like this.


 

“When will you leave?” The vixen asked after a few minutes of cuddling, somehow, she felt better and lighter. Yujin snuggled on her hair. “Before midnight,” She mumbled. Minjoo already whined.


 

“That fast? Stay longer, please?” The vixen pleaded. She heard the werewolf chuckle lowly, rubbing her back. “As much as I want to, Chaeyeon only gave me not more than an hour and you need to rest too.” She responded quietly and then carefully placed Minjoo beside her, slipping away from the bed to reach for her satchel. The fox princess just watched her, confused.


 

Yujin rummaged through her satchel and took out a small cylindrical container, the content of it glowing dark blue which piqued Minjoo’s curiosity. “What’s that?” She asked as the wolf approached her with it, sitting beside her.


 

“A potion,” She replied simply, opening up the container. “I personally asked the greatest witch and potion maker in the entire continent of Alphos for this,” Yujin added, facing Minjoo who’s looking at her in awe. “You personally know Kwon Eunbi? We couldn’t even reach her.” She asked, amazed.


 

Yujin nodded cutely. “She’s technically my Auntie, and we’re close. I think I’ve mentioned this to you once or twice.” She winked before handing her the potion. “Drink this, trust me, tomorrow— you’ll feel better.” She said and supported her to drink it.


 

Minjoo trusts Yujin so much that she drank the potion with no questions asked. Also, she knows how skillful Kwon Eunbi is with her potions and stuff.


 

It tasted sweet, like apple syrup. She felt her sore throat healing, her insides feeling so light and her snot disappearing in an instant but she still felt weak. “I think I feel better,” She said, her voice not that hoarse anymore too.


 

Yujin grinned, swiping her thumb on her nose cockily. “Told ya’ but it has side-effects, which are: being drowsy,” She informed and chuckled when Minjoo started to blink heavily, seemingly trying to keep herself awake.


 

“Yeah, the effects are already kicking in and it’s so strong…” The vixen said weakly, her eyelids are so heavy already and she felt like she’s flying. Suddenly, she wanted to annoy and hug Yujin, so she did, clinging into her.


 

“Yujinnie~” Minjoo purred, pulling the flustered werewolf to her, side-hugging her and pressing kisses on her cheek and neck. The younger girl shuddered at the tickly feeling, butterflies forming inside her stomach as the vixen did that to her.


 

Beads of cold sweat started to form on her forehead as Minjoo purred as she snuggled further to her and closed her eyes, releasing some intoxicating scent of hers which Yujin greedily sniffed. The werewolf sighed. “And sudden clinginess, going hyper…” She muttered to herself.


 

“Yujin-ah,” Minjoo suddenly said after a few seconds of silence, the mentioned girl hummed, gently patting her head. The vixen suddenly looked up, fluttering her eyes open, and once again, their gazes met.


 

The werewolf gulped, staring at Minjoo’s droopy yet sharp eyes, drowning herself into the pool of honey orbs. There’s a glint in Minjoo’s eyes that she couldn’t pinpoint. It made her heart flutter, a blooming and warm feeling spreading through her chest, and slowly, also around her whole existence.


 

Smiling sweetly, Minjoo closed her eyes and rested her head on Yujin’s shoulders, holding her very tightly like she’s scared to let go.


 

“I love you.” Minjoo whispered before her consciousness fully slipped away and fell asleep on Yujin’s arms.


 

For a whole minute, Yujin froze, trying to process what the vixen had just said to her. She took a deep breath before gently placing Minjoo back on the bed and tucked her under the covers, her hair as she admired her face, tracing her features with her eyes and fingertips.


 

Yujin smiled, leaning down to press a kiss on her nose and on the side of Minjoo’s lip. “And, I love you too, Kim Minjoo.”


 

She whispered before smiling, and not long after that, she stood up and grabbed her satchel and container, placing a note between her journal and glass of water then walked over to the lamp to blow off the fire.


 

In their seven years of very nice and close friendship, they never said those three words to each other, they are either shy or it just holds a deeper meaning for them. But one thing is for sure, Minjoo didn’t say that to her as a friend, it’s more than that— and Yujin would just safely say that she also responded back not just as a friend.


 

Something blooms, but now, it’s not about the budding friendship between them— something very deep and beautiful, yet scary at the same time.


 

“Good night, my princess,” The young wolf muttered as she stared Minjoo from the open window before sneakily going down from her chamber.



 


 

Minjoo noticed how everything changed after Yujin visited her that very night. She noticed Yujin’s behavior around her every time they meet, sometimes, the werewolf won’t even meet her— and Yena would meet her and say that Yujin’s too busy with her training and missions.


 

That reason alone is fishy enough, no matter how busy Yujin was, she would still find time to meet her and it’s obvious that the latter is avoiding her judging by her recent actions towards her.


 

Yujin’s gotten colder to her, which is unusual, and as much possible, she would distance herself from her and the strange aura she’s emitting is scaring her. Minjoo’s starting to be uncomfortable with the scent she’s releasing and she knew that she’s using a scent changer or she’s simply hanging with a lot of Omegas lately.


 

Her stomach churned whenever she caught a whiff of the mixed scent, wanting to throw up not because it smelt bad because she can’t just imagine Yujin going out with her Omega friends other than her. She doesn’t worry about Yujin involving herself with others, Yujin might be stupid and arrogant but she’s not like other teenage Alphas, she has principles and has big respect for anyone.


 

But she just simply hates it. Call her possessive or what, but she doesn’t like the idea of Yujin finding another Omega besides her. She wanted to be the only one, the only omega in Yujin’s life.


 

It’s scary, this newfound side of her. She never knew this side of her exists, and it’s scaring her less. She doesn’t want to admit but she had a guess that this feeling was called jealousy.



 

Yujin also knew the changes, she’s not purposely distancing herself from Minjoo but after that night, she felt so careful and conscious. But not just because of the ‘I love you’s but because she noticed something odd, she noticed it back then but it just became stronger and evident after they somewhat, exchanged those three words.


 

The scent, Minjoo’s scent became more pleasant and she swore she would go crazy every time. Whenever the vixen smiles, her heart acts up but in a good yet scary way. The way she shudders whenever Minjoo’s fingertips graze over her skin. Fluttery feelings intensify the moment she sees Minjoo approaching her.


 

Oh, when they are close and doing skinship, Yujin would blush and feel so giddy. It’s unusual, the highlight of her week is Minjoo but now, she’s more than highlight, it’s like she couldn’t live without seeing Minjoo once a week, she almost has gone insane when she didn’t see the vixen for a month, she even failed a lot of errands because she’s too busy and worrying over Minjoo.


 

The changes were too overwhelming and mortifying so she started to distance herself from the vixen, she knew this meant nothing good to the both of them but she couldn’t just ditch their weekly meeting and let Minjoo wait for her. Her heart would ache painfully whenever she thought of the vixen patiently waiting for her, sitting on their usual spot.


 

Fortunately or unfortunately, her training schedule is getting hectic, whenever she really wanted to avoid Minjoo, she would use that as an excuse so she wouldn’t feel much guilty. And, her father discussed something with her recently which is sending her to a mission that will take months to accomplish with her small junior pack.


 

So, she decided to inform Minjoo about it the next time they meet. She doesn’t know if she should rejoice or wail because she and Minjoo wouldn’t see each other for a long time, the longest time they won’t see each other in person.


 

Once again, Yujin found herself getting awkward around Minjoo.


 

“Approximately, five months? You guys will take five months there?” Minjoo asked, bewildered after Yujin broke the news to her, hesitating a lot— it took her a lot of courage to finally speak up.


 

The vixen couldn’t process it, nor sink that information inside her head. She wouldn’t see Yujin for five months? That’s pure torture!


 

She understands it, after all, Yujin’s nearing her coming of age so it means she really needs to do a lot of risky errands or missions to enhance and show her capabilities and skills. She’s also the General’s successor, she will lead the greatest and legendary wolf pack that’s existing in Hexios so she needs to work hard three times more than average werewolf.


 

But of course, she would whine because five months is a long time. She would greatly miss Yujin.


 

Yujin nodded, her lips pursed. “It can’t be helped, We will travel across the continent so it would take a long time, you know how big of a continent Faustina is.” She responded quietly, observing Minjoo’s reaction and as expected, there’s a pang in her heart when she saw how the fox princess got gloomy and she’s wearing a very sad and whiny expression.


 

Minjoo slowly nodded, averting her gaze, and scratched her neck awkwardly. “Oh, It’s okay. I mean, I’ve quite expected this too, we’re aging and responsibilities and stuff would be thrown to us soon,” She said, biting her inner cheek. “Be careful with your mission, I guess. Have a safe journey too.” She solemnly added.


 

There’s a deafening silence between them, Yujin just continuously stared at her friend who’s not looking at her, obviously upset and very sad. She clenched her fists and took a deep breath, for now, she will let the urge loosen up— it’s been a while too since she ever hugged the vixen and she knew the latter needed one for reassurance and comfort.


 

With that, Yujin scooted closer and pulled the latter for a tight embrace. It caught Minjoo off-guard, the sudden action shocked her because of how Yujin was very distant with her lately. Thankfully, she let her guard down low, Minjoo doesn’t want to part with her in bad terms.


 

“Don’t be sad over it, I’ll be back. Just, read books, do your princess thing and time will pass by quickly. You wouldn’t notice, I’m already back.” Yujin cooed, pressing soft kisses on Minjoo’s head, her hair as she tightened her hold, yearning for her warmth.


 

Minjoo melted into the embrace, the familiar smell of hyacinth and chocolate hitting her nose once again, no mixed. She feels so safe and contented. “I hope so. I will miss you so much,” She confessed and the wolf lowly chuckled with that.


 

Minjoo suddenly felt so light, after a few months of being distant with each other, she finally felt closer to the younger again. It means that they’re already fine again, they are okay now.


 

“If you hear my howl, then it’s the sign that I’m back. Alright?” Yujin reminded her which made Minjoo confused. The latter looked up to her, confusion written all over her face. “How? Isn’t that dangerous? And how am I going to know that it’s you?” She asked.


 

The young werewolf just threw her a wink. “You’ll know, you’ll feel. Trust me, you will know that it’s me the moment you hear it.” She said and as usual, Minjoo will trust this wolf and didn’t ask about it furthermore.


 

There’s another pregnant silent between them, both of them just stared at each other with scary intensity, like they’re expressing how they feel through their eyes. Minjoo’s throat dried.


 

“Yujin-ah,” The vixen whispered lovingly, feeling so drunk. Yujin slackened her jaw.


 

“We need to talk about something,” Minjoo added and Yujin swore, her heart leaped out from her chest as she drowned herself into those sparkling honey orbs. Also feeling drunk after inhaling that lovely jasmine mixed lavender scent.


 

Unknowingly, there’s a sudden force pulling them in, making them lean into each other dangerously close. Yujin could feel her head getting light as she felt a warm breath fanning against her lips, mingling with her’s. It’s pure torture, that painful inch gap between their lips, it’s driving the both of them insane but Yujin still has an ounce of self-control, she doesn’t want everything to be wrongly handled.


 

“After I come back, we talk about that. For now, let it be,” The werewolf muttered, fighting the extreme urge with her last bit of control and went for the corner of Minjoo’s lips instead. She cupped the vixen’s cheek and caressed it lovingly as she stared down at her, looking at her with full of fondness.


 

The beautiful Maidenhair Fern behind them suddenly glowed and glimmered, blooming beautifully and majestically, fireflies dancing along with it as it swayed.


 

It’s barely starting yet.


 


 

“Princess, why are you so sad?” Chaeyeon asked as she approached the gloomy vixen who’s sitting at her study table, books, and scrolls surrounding her. Minjoo looked up from her guard, offering her a weak smile.


 

“It’s Yujin’s eighteenth birthday today, I could only wish her happy born day in my thoughts. There are three months left before she comes back too,” She expressed her worries and took a deep breath, hanging her head down low and stared at the black paper, she was supposed to write the wolf a letter even if she couldn’t send it to her, heck, she doesn’t even know her location. But she found this idea very comforting, she can properly and fully express her feelings in the letter and then she would keep it, like a journal or diary but instead, it’s about Yujin— the content would be full of her thoughts about missing and worrying over the certain young alpha wolf. Also, she still visits the forest even if Yujin’s away, talking to the waterfall and fireflies.


 

The royal alpha guard smiled at the princess, walking to her and patted her head. “It’s okay, I know she’s okay. She must be thinking of you too, I know that kiddo,” She reassured, snickering at the last line. Minjoo sighed and shrugged.


 

“I have a suggestion for you, my lady. I know you would just whine all day, how about you go with me and my wife to the central market today, we will visit an old friend too so you wouldn’t be lonely.” Chaeyeon said, and it caught Minjoo’s attention, she perked up at the mention of her wife, especially.


 

“Really? With Miss Hyewon? I’m in,” The young vixen said excitedly, she likes Mrs. Lee-Kang, after all, she became her personal teacher back when she was a kid. Chaeyeon nodded with a small smile. “Yes, we will visit Mage Miyawaki too.”


 

Minjoo was delighted with the idea. “Sure! That’ll be fantastic but, may I finish writing this first?” She asked and the older woman doesn’t have any problems with it and hummed. “Of course, princess. I will be outside and will wait for you to finish.”


 

It would be Yujin over anything, of course.


 


 

Minjoo is exhausted, it's been over five months since Yujin left Hexios to travel around the Faustinian continent but there’s no news or rumors going around about the General’s successor. It’s frustrating, she couldn’t get any information about the young wolf because foxes and wolves are great enemies. Curse them war between races!


 

She sat on the bed, she was very tired of the events earlier. Marriage has also been discussed with them— by them, she and Hyunjin. Minjoo is still strongly against it. She didn’t say anything earlier but Hyunjin himself knows that she’s disinterested with him and only sees him as a close friend. The alpha fox quite expected for it to happen also, and has no problems with it— of course, it’s no secret that Hyunjin has feelings for the fox princess.


 

All she could think about was Yujin's promise. She’ll hold onto that. Mentioning about the wolf, she greatly missed that idiot friend of hers. She just wanted to hug her all day without worrying about anything. Yujin is her refuge, she treats her as her safe-haven. Only Yujin could make her feel certain emotions and foreign feelings, no one else could make her feel safe, happy, and satisfied, only the werewolf can.


 

She would only mate and marry this certain someone, no one else.


 

Minjoo pouted and looked outside of her window, she can perfectly see the full moon from there. She will call it a day.


 

However, before she could even tuck herself under the blanket, a low howl rang through her ears, making her freeze on her spot. Another howl, much louder and clear— it’s definitely not a howl of a fox but of something else.


 

It’s a calling howl, Minjoo realized, a howl full of yearning for someone too.


 

Her heart flipped, eyes lit up. There’s something inside her clicked, she couldn’t properly describe the feeling but all she can think is, someone is calling for her. The howl affected her greatly, there’s an impact on her. She needs to go there, she needs to meet her, now.


 

She’s back. Yujin is back. And she’s calling for her. That’s definitely Yujin, the one who howled, she can’t be mistaken.


 

Minjoo never moved that fast in her entire life, she almost stumbled forward in the process of dashing to her door. She frantically ran towards the palace ground, the guards on patrol giving the princess some weird looks but Minjoo couldn’t care less, she ran towards Chaeyeon.


 

“Chaeyeon!” She called for the guard who’s doing her rounds while eating some banana. “Princess? Why are you out?” She asked, confused, taking a bite on her banana. “Did you guys hear the howl?”


 

The alpha vixen nodded slowly. “Yes, it’s just a low howl, probably someone who’s not trained yet turned into their form since it’s a full moon? I think it came from the distance, does it bother you, princess? We will catch them if you want,” She responded but Minjoo knew better.


 

“No. Don’t do anything,” Minjoo breathlessly said then turned to the direction of the exit. “I will be out. Yujin is here,” She added and didn’t give Chaeyeon a chance to speak. The princess suddenly turned into her fox form.


 

The alpha vixen’s mouth dropped when she saw the graceful form of the other vixen in front of her. Minjoo is a noble— a princess even, so she has one of the best and most beautiful fox forms in the entire world. The royal family only possess pure white fur, no one else— and if there is, it’s either a fraud or a lost noble.


 

White glowing fur, long fluffy tail, sharp purple eyes, slim yet toned build— only Minjoo has it.


 

Minjoo immediately ran away at full speed, no one even noticed her because of her scary speed, taking advantage of Chaeyeon’s awestruck. After all, the princess rarely transforms, she would rather stay in her human form every time, and it attracts a lot of attention whenever she’s a fox. The color of her fur could already gather a lot of stares.


 

She continued running stealthily and fast while chanting Yujin’s name in her mind, eyes glowing purple. In her fox form, she could reach Hallisia fast and easily.


 

Finally, she reached the magical forest in no time. She halted when she’s in front of the entrance and went back to her form. She fixed herself up, taking a deep breath to calm her beating heart and after she’s satisfied, she finally started to walk inside the forest.



 

With her heart still racing and feeling very high because of adrenaline, she skipped through the pathway, noticing that the plants, trees are somehow lively, the fireflies look so excited too.


 

After a few minutes of walking, she finally reached the waterfall. Her feet halting when the familiar scent of hyacinth and chocolate hit her nose, Minjoo shivered. The scent is much stronger now, or is it just because they miss each other so much? That doesn’t matter anymore, Yujin is really there, waiting for her.


 

Unknowingly to her, she released some of her scent around the air, mixing with Yujin’s. It’s sweet, their scents mixed well together, strong yet elegant. Minjoo smiled when she spotted a figure sitting down at their usual spot, back facing her but she can’t be mistaken, that’s Yujin’s back figure. She’s all well too familiar about Yujin, even if she’s very far away, she could recognize her.


 

The vixen couldn’t take it anymore and grinned. “Yujin-ah!” She called.


 

And instantly, Yujin turned to her with a smile, waving at her like she just waited for her to call her. “Minjoo-ah, I’m back.” She responded, standing up and spreading her arms wide, ready to welcome her and hug her.


 

The fox jumped on the rocks, dashing to her and literally threw herself to the younger woman. “I missed you.” She whispered as she got finally engulfed by Yujin, feeling the warmth spreading through her, it’s so pleasant.


 

Yujin chuckled, finding her friend very adorable, hugging her tightly. “I missed you too, so much,” She responded back with a kiss on her crown.


 

She never felt this happy again, after five months, she finally met Minjoo again. The mission was alright, she succeeded and she was satisfied but she greatly missed Minjoo. But it’s alright now, she’s back, she’s hugging Minjoo now.


 

They hugged for a few minutes again, enjoying each other’s warmth, they showed how much they longed for each other with the embrace.


 

After that, Minjoo broke the hug, cupping Yujin’s face and examined her from head to toe, trying to spot an injury but there’s none, thankfully, but she noticed how her face somehow matured. She also looked like she lost some weight but she became bulkier. Her silky blue hair grew, it’s longer than usual.


 

When she was finally finished checking her out, their eyes met. They stared at each other once again, both are too lost with each other’s orbs.


 

Yujin gulped when Minjoo’s eyes darted lower, staring at her lips so intensely that she unconsciously her lips but that action just provoked the vixen even more. She knew everything changed, but in a good way. She knew that they don’t see each other as friends now, but more than that. They are clearly aware of it.


 

But now, she wouldn’t push Minjoo away, she wouldn’t distance herself from the vixen again. She will never ever hurt her. Come what may, as long as she has Minjoo, nothing else matters.


 

Again, there’s a force that somewhat pulls them in to lean to each other. It’s not because they are carried away, because it’s their desire.


 

Minjoo braved herself, she wants this, both of them want this. Those luscious kissable lips that would always haunt her, fantasizing almost everyday of how does it feels to be kissed by those. Yujin thought the same, craving for Minjoo’s lips that she never even tasted yet at all.


 

Yujin held back, wanting for it to last even if she was about to lose control, she resisted the urge. She wanted to know if Minjoo’s ready for this, that she can face the consequences of this. Yujin’s ready to risk everything she has just to be with Minjoo, ready to sacrifice anything, and hopefully, Minjoo would do the same.


 

Their love is forbidden, after all. A secret.


 

“Are you sure about this?” The wolf asked, low and husky, eyes intense and there’s a glint of red in it. Minjoo tilted her head a bit. “I’m always sure whenever it’s about you,” She muttered her response, wrapping her arms around the taller’s neck.


 

“You do know what you’re going to be involved in, right?” Yujin asked once again, her arm snaking around Minjoo’s slim waist while her hand rested on the latter’s hip, possessively. She tried to read her through her eyes, but Minjoo showed no other reactions, she remained firm— she’s sure about this, she’s aware.


 

“Yes,” The vixen answered, she’s ready to give everything in order for Yujin to be hers. “Gods, I only want you. Just kiss me already.” She half demanded, half pleading.


 

Swore to the Gods, Yujin almost lost it. She smirked, feeling her chest puffing up in pride and joy, hearing that coming from Minjoo seriously made her feel things. “Yeah? You know I would own you and vice versa if we kiss, right? It means we’re lovers from now on, not friends.” She muttered. Minjoo’s lips twitched.


 

“I absolutely love that idea, I’ve always imagined you as my lover, not a mere friend.” The fox princess honestly said and it made Yujin’s heart flutter.


 

Okay, one last question to make everything sure.


 

“You do know that this blooming love of ours is dangerous and risky, also forbidden. Are you sure about us, Minjoo-ah?” Yujin asked, there’s an obvious sadness lacing around her tone. Minjoo’s eyes softened upon hearing that, the wolf wanted to make sure that she badly wanted her as much as she wanted the vixen.


 

Minjoo smiled sweetly. “I’m no scared of this, Yujin-ah. I’m ready to risk everything just to be with you. those rules, that marriage, our races’ war, everything. I just want you for myself,” She said firmly, and Yujin felt shudders when Minjoo cursed, of course, the latter rarely cuss as she’s a calm woman, and also—a princess— the way she repeatedly cussed made her shocked, but she found it very attractive.


 

“I love you so much Yujin, and it hurts, I just want you, I need you.” Minjoo breathlessly said, her lips centimeter away from Yujin’s, almost ghosting over it.


 

Grinning, Yujin can feel herself lighting up. There’s too much feeling, she couldn’t even properly express what she’s currently feeling. All she knows is that she’s very ecstatic.


 

“The feeling’s mutual then, I’m ready to give the world for you, I would give my devotion to you,” Yujin said as she tightened her hold around Minjoo, not wanting for her to escape. “I love you so freaking much too, Minjoo.” She finally responded back and leaned in, closing the bare centimeter gap between their lips.


 

There were explosions when their lips finally met for the first time ever. Minjoo let out a small whimper because of the softness, loving it instantly. She never kissed anyone, this would be her first time, same goes for Yujin. She didn’t know that it was very addicting, it was so sweet that the vixen couldn’t help but to ask for more.


 

When they parted, both of them stared at each other before leaning in again but this time, the kiss wasn’t a smack anymore, they tested the waters. Yujin instinctively moved her lips, and Minjoo just went along. Their second kiss was sloppy and awkward, given that they’re new and inexperienced.


 

Yujin parted first, panting a bit and moved her hand to tuck some stray hair away from Minjoo’s flushed face. “We should talk about other things,” She muttered, her face red after their small activity. “Especially that we’re lovers from now on.” She added. Both of them suddenly felt giddy over that, feeling their hearts flutter.


 

Minjoo cutely nodded, and Yujin was about to detach herself from the older but then, she was pulled back close to her again. “Let’s talk after we kiss again one more time,” She said while grinning sheepishly.


 


 

It’s been a week since they became a couple, too bad she couldn’t sneak in the night— she almost got into trouble when she escaped the palace last time. Minjoo didn’t tell Chaeyeon that she and Yujin are lovers already, she’s afraid that the alpha vixen wouldn’t like it so for now, both of them will keep it a secret until god knows when. Well, it’s not like they have any choice.


 

Currently, Yujin and Minjoo are lying on the ground, stargazing and as usual, fireflies are flying around. Strangely, the maidenhair fern from the distance is glowing brightly but they paid no much attention to it.


 

“I was almost pickpocketed by a kid when we were roaming around the small town of Celestine. I scolded her off, and later on, pitied her because she looked hungry and desperate so I gave her my bread and some few silver coins, but then I realized, they use gems in Cordova so the silvers I gave to her were useless, poor kid…” Yujin told her and Minjoo laughed at her stupidness. She’s currently sharing her stories and experiences that she encountered while doing her mission.


 

The fox princess pinched Yujin’s cheek, she might be tough and arrogant but she has a warm and golden heart as Minjoo’s, Yujin’s kind side is hidden because she’s supposed to be feared as the next leader of Xylos.


 

“That is so you, I hope that kid is doing fine though,” Minjoo whispered and giggled, the wolf nodded along.


 

They then talked about other stuff, Minjoo also relayed the news about the marriage with Hyunjin and as expected, Yujin’s very pissed with it. “Nope, I wouldn’t let that happen. I couldn’t let my mate get married off to someone that isn’t me.” She growled, frowning at the idea. The vixen nodded. “It’s not like I would let myself get married to someone who isn’t you either, don’t worry, I’ll do everything whatever it takes for the marriage to be canceled.”


 

Yujin stared at her intensely. “We will do anything in order for that stupidity to stop.” She huffed and pulled her lover closer to her. “I can’t let that happen, never.” She muttered.


 

They stared at each other for a while, and naturally, they both leaned closer to each other, and a moment later, they found each other’s lips connected already. Yujin kissed her with so much passion, it was domineering but not hungry enough to make Minjoo uncomfortable. The vixen kissed back with the same intensity, not backing down— she could get used to it.


 

Both of them could kiss each other forever, already loving the sensation and feeling. It’s so addictingly sweet.


 

Minjoo purred in the middle of their kiss, showing Yujin that she’s very contented and even released a whiff of her scent to add more fuel to the fire. The wolf shivered, burning up even more after the sudden action.


 

She was about to kiss her deeper when suddenly, there was a gasp nearby, followed by a shriek and shocked exclaim.


 

“Oh, Heavenly Gods! What in the world am I witnessing! Oh, forgive me! My innocent eyes!” A small voice screamed which made the lovers instantly pull apart and even pushed each other away, face flushed and red in embarrassment and because of their kissing session.


 

Yujin growled out of instinct and hugged her mate, possessively and protectively— oh, she’s ready to rip that intruder into pieces. She glared at the person and got confused for a bit when she saw a small thing with wings but she can see her visibly.


 

“A fairy?” She muttered, and her grip loosened, they are harmless yet powerful creatures but Yujin knew the fairy didn’t mean to bother them.


 

The small creature realized her mistakes and bowed, her glimmering wings shimmered apologetically. “I’m very sorry for suddenly shouting and disturbing you, dear lovers! I mean no harm! I was just passing by, looking for some herbs when I saw you!” She said, and went to them, giving them a lone stem of glowing magic rose. “My name is Nako, I’m a fairy from another continent and it just happened that the herbs I was looking for, exist here! Please don’t tell the authorities about me, trespassing!” She frantically explained which made Minjoo giggle, nodding to the fairy and made a shutting up gesture.


 

“Our mouths are shut, fairy Nako!” The vixen said and sat up, smiling at the friendly and cute fairy. Nao’s eyes lit up. “Oh, kind souls! Wonderful~ Thank you once again! I wouldn’t bother you guys further and I’ll continue my journey home! Have a nice night, vixen lovers, you guys are cute and sweet!” She said and flew away in a hurry.


 

Minjoo waved at her. “Thanks for the rose!” She said and picked up the stem but Yujin looked offended. “She thought I was a fox,” She whispered, pouting. The fox princess laughed at her, finding her very adorable and kissed the pout away from her lips. “It’s better that way, my love,” She remarked, giggling while grinning sheepishly.


 

“Now, let’s continue what we left off, shall we?”


 


 

It’s been more than a year since Minjoo and Yujin became lovers, it’s going smoothly, fortunately. However, Yujin is very busy these past few months with her mission and stuff but as much as possible, she would meet her mate whenever she has time, same goes for Minjoo. The vixen’s busy with her royal duties.


 

Currently, she’s in the middle of a meeting with the nobles and elders, an urgent meeting to be exact. Until now, even if Minjoo’s already twenty-one, she still can’t be vocal with her opinions. The others would just ignore it and the vixen’s already tired of being neglected so she would just spot a good timing in the future.


 

“The vampires are suddenly declaring war over us,” An elder said, serious. Murmurs started to intensify around the wide and spacious hall.


 

Even if Minjoo’s mind is flying elsewhere, it caught her attention. This news is very bad, so bad. She turned to them and focused on their discussion. She did hear from Yujin that vampires are doing something very scary these past weeks.


 

“They wanted to take over the whole continent of Alphos, they are suddenly hungry for power. It didn’t help that we also had an argument over them, same for the wolves— as far as I know, they had a fight about land ownership and resources recently.” The same elder relayed. Minjoo knows about that, she learned it from Yujin as usual. Werewolves were very angry over it that they literally cut their ties with the vampires.


 

Jooseung sighed. “The vampires are moving now, right? They are the ones who were responsible for the massacre in the town of Zhiass, last week, right? They are obviously provoking us.” He remarked, obviously furious about this. The nobles nodded, saying that it’s definitely the bloodsucking creatures.


 

“They asked other mythical creatures for an alliance, obviously, we can’t win over this one. No one would join forces with us anymore, I don’t want to lose all of my people because of this war too.” He added, sighing again and massaged her temples.


 

While listening to their discussion, something in Minjoo’s brain clicked. Her eyes widened in realization when she suddenly thought of a very good idea, this is her very chance! She needs to pipe in and say her thoughts, then persuade her father, them.


 

“Father, may I speak about this matter?” She suddenly said which earned a lot of attention, she gracefully sat, chin tilted up in confidence. Jooseung arched a brow but he gestured for his daughter to speak. “Well then, you may now.”


 

The vixen mentally smiled because finally, her father gave her permission for the first time. This is her time to fully shine.


 

“I would like to suggest we team up with werewolves,” Minjoo finally dropped the bomb, earning some few series of gasps and murmurs started to intensify again. Jooseung, surprisingly hushed the others down and intently listened to her daughter which made Minjoo’s heart swell.


 

“Both of our races would be the major victims of this war. If we won’t cooperate then it’ll definitely be hard for us. We need concrete teamwork, alliance.” She explained further, and Jooseung nodded along while the others were starting to complain and stuff. The King ushered them once again, more annoyed than before since he couldn’t hear Minjoo well because of their noises.


 

“This idea of yours, I will definitely going to consider it. I don’t want to lose my land and people, I would rather lower my pride and ask the General wolves about this. I have a hunch that they would agree to this also, after all, they cherish their people and land too.” He relayed and the others were quiet, some nodding along as they finally realized how this one will work somehow.


 

Smiling secretly, she also started to celebrate mentally. This would be good news for Yujin too. God, she’s so happy, and for sure, the werewolf would be ecstatic too. They’ve been thinking about how to break the war between their races for god’s know since when, it’s their dream together.


 

“Now, can you discuss it further, my lovely daughter?”


 

With pleasure.


 


 

“Yujin-ah! I have great news to deliver to you!” Minjoo shouted when she spotted her lover sitting down at their usual spot, the wolf looked at her, confused but her eyes lit up at the mention of ‘good news’.


 

Yujin guided Minjoo to sit down beside her and pressed a chaste kiss on her lips before looking at her, lovingly. “Yes? What is it, my love?” She asked, this news must be important, judging how Minjoo’s eyes glimmered.


 

“I think the wolves and foxes would join forces,” The vixen relayed, serious. Yujin’s eyes perked up in curiosity. “Oh?” She muttered, leaning in closer. “Elaborate it further,”


 

And there’s where Minjoo shared everything to her lover, every single detail. Her father reached out to the Generals earlier, and miraculously, the wolves are also planning to talk with them and immediately arranged a meet-up. They will have a big conference and discussion at the palace of Liass next week. For the first time in centuries, both foxes and werewolves are going to meet again peacefully, it’s not about their war anymore but an alliance to fight off the vampires who badly wanted to take their lands.


 

It is indeed good news, this would stop the war between both parties and would become one again— well, if the agreement would go on smoothly.


 

“That’s wonderful! I know my father would agree on this. He never really held a grudge towards the foxes and it’s more important to save our people and land, also resources!” Yujin said happily, even hugging her lover out of excitement but Minjoo let her and even hugged her back.


 

“But,” The wolf said, her tone went down, and serious. Minjoo composed herself, a little bit worried. “For sure, my father would send me to this war. I’m already at the right age. I’m ready for this kind of fight already,” She continued, staring back at the vixen, watching her reaction.


 

Minjoo realized that, sinking that information down to her brain and gulped. “Oh, right,” She muttered, biting her lower lip. Yujin smiled and cupped the older’s face, making her look back at her once again. “I’ll be okay, this war won't last a year, I know that.” She answered. “If you’re going to be worried, don’t. I can perfectly survive that.”


 

Shaking her head, Minjoo let out a sigh. Yujin’s too confident about this, of course, as her friend and lover— she would be worried-sick for her. After all, it’s bloodshed for sure. Even if we say that Yujin’s very capable, skilled, and strong, sometimes— the universe is too cruel. She’s scared that she might lose her mate in this war, so terrified.


 

“I’m so terrified, Yujin. Of course, I couldn’t help but to think of the possibilities,” Minjoo murmured, pouting as she moved her hand, grasping Yujin’s and placed it on her lap. “I-I just don’t want to lose you, we still have a lot of plans.” She added, her grip tightening.


 

Yujin’s eyes softened, scooting closer to Minjoo, intertwining their fingers together and brought them to her lips, pressing a kiss on the back of her lover’s hand. “You won’t, I promise you. I will never leave you like that.” She whispered against the vixen’s skin.


 

They stayed like that for a while, with Minjoo expressing her worries while YHujin reassured her, joking up and teasing her to lighten up the mood.


 

“I’m afraid that after the war, my father would marry us off immediately,” Minjoo inserted the topic and Yujin can’t help but to let out a low growl. There’s a huge chance that after the mess, Jooseung will prepare the marriage ceremony immediately. Because after the war between the vampires, it would be a new era.


 

Hyunjin’s been trying to get more close to her lately, and Minjoo had a hunch that the Hwang family and her father already had a meeting without her knowledge. Almost everywhere she goes, Hyunjin would be beside her, especially in events. Minjoo seriously hated it.


 

The vixen wanted to know if Yujin already has a plan for them.


 

“Don’t worry about that, my princess,” Yujin assured, smiling at her and leaned in to peck the tip of her nose. “The moment the war ends, I will run you off, finally fully claim you, and marry you after.” She continued, eyes burning, there are visible flames inside it.


 

Minjoo’s heart flipped, she likes the plan. Yes, she’s ready to leave everything behind for Yujin, just to be with her love. She’s not happy with her status anyway, and the Hwang’s would do well ruling Liass. Her father would also do well without her too. It was a hard and selfish decision but this would make her the happiest.


 

“Sounds like a great plan,”


 


 

Few months have passed and both sides are already preparing for the battle since the vampires tried to attack Hexios the other day. Yes, foxes and werewolves are now allies, teaming up with each other— and with that, the centuries of rivalries finally ended, there were some disappointed but majority were happy about this. They opened up the public border between Hexios and Liass but unfortunately, the soldiers and warriors could only get in each other’s countries.


 

There was supposed to be a festival as a celebration for the peace between the races but unfortunately, it got postponed after the vampires decided to provoke both sides and attacked three towns in each country.


 

After training their recruits to be sent to the battle for only a month, they are finally going to advance to the territory of vampires tomorrow before the crack of dawn. They are already well-trained, however, they need to train again with the other race so they would have great teamwork.


 

Minjoo and Yujin stood in front of each other, the vixen was so sad and worried while Yujin just smiled at her to reassure her. As expected, the young wolf warrior is tasked to lead a pack of her own in the war, a pack that consists of young yet strong foxes and wolves, Hyunjin is in the same pack actually (Yujin would give her glares every time and almost got into a fight with him once but Minjoo doesn’t need to know that).


 

“Please be safe, come back in one piece,” The princess said, shoulders slumped. Yujin pulled her into an embrace. “Of course, I would be safe for you. I can’t worry you further.” She muttered, pressing a kiss on her cheek. “Don’t worry much, I’m the Ahn Yujin.” She added cockily which made Minjoo chuckle. Yujin’s heart warmed.


 

“So arrogant.” The vixen remarked with a small smile, cupping Yujin’s cheek, her long blue hair with her other hand. “Remember the promise, alright? I can’t wait for you to come back and marry me, live with me, start anew with me.” She muttered. Yujin grinned sheepishly with that, nodding, it’s one of the major reasons why she’s ready to bust a lot of asses and finish the war quickly. She couldn’t wait for her to fulfill her own promise to her mate.


 

“Will never ever forget that, patiently wait for me, alright— my love? Always stay safe,” Yujin whispered to her and leaned in for a kiss.


 

Both of them kissed each other like it’s their last, full of passion and longing— also bitterness and slight sadness. But Minjoo wouldn’t call this a farewell kiss, no, this won’t be the last.


 

Yujin felt the frustration on Minjoo’s harsh kisses, she willingly responded to it with the same intensity, trying to tame the fox. After a few kisses and pecks, the wolf pulled away, looking down at her lover with the softest gaze. She then leaned down again and peppered kisses on Minjoo’s face and neck, greedily inhaling that sweet jasmine and lavender before she goes back to the base.


 

Suddenly, there was a howl coming from the distance, and the full moon glowed brighter. It’s already a sign for Yujin to go back.


 

Both of them stared at each other once again, Yujin wordlessly nodded and pulled away, hissing when she’s away from her lover again. Minjoo stared at her lover with sad yet proud eyes.


 

“The moment the war ends, go here, okay? I’ll be back,” The wolf muttered as she took a step backward. Minjoo nodded and sweetly smiled. “See you soon, Minjoo.” She added and finally turned away, turning into her wolf form and ran away at full speed, not even letting the vixen speak.


 

Minjoo watched the huge gray wolf disappear before her eyes. “See you soon, Yujin.” She muttered into the air and looked up to the moon, praying silently with the plant of Maidenhair Fern glowing and glimmering to give her enough source of light.


 

Dear Gods, may you guide my mate and the other warriors.


 


 

Minjoo looked at her father who barged inside her room so suddenly, eyes wide. Jooseung smugly looked at her bewildered daughter. “We won the war,” He repeated until it sunk into the dazed princess’ head. Minjoo almost ripped the book she was holding.


 

The foxes and wolves won, they won over the vampires. The war ended with them winning!


 

It took them over three months, it was very short considering the foxes and wolves’ war back then but Minjoo’s thankful, that it’s very short-short, the vixen would go crazy it would last a year. “L-Legit?” She stuttered, still couldn’t believe it. The King of foxes nodded, puffing out his chest proudly. “Yes, General Daeyu personally went here to deliver the news in advance. Most of them survived, I heard that Hyunjin is also well but he suffered a few minor injuries. All of them will be back tomorrow in the afternoon.” He said with a smile.


 

Minjoo stood up, running to her father and hugged him. The King was shocked as well but he just embraced his daughter. Suddenly, there’s a pang in Minjoo’s heart. This might be the last she would ever hug him.


 

“I’m so sorry, father, you wouldn’t understand. Maybe I’ll be back if you would accept me and Yujin…”


 

Day passes and Minjoo’s ready to sneak out of the palace, currently, there’s a celebration festival in the town and they would attend it later at midnight but the princess would run away after the sun goes down. It’s a perfect time since there are no more than twenty guards roaming around the palace, she could smoothly escape. Chaeyeon’s not here also since her guard went to Hexios to fetch Hyunjin and the others.


 

Minjoo stared at her chamber, her eyes roaming. This is her room, she would surely miss it badly, especially her bed and books. Her gaze darted on the pile of letters placed on top of her study table. Handwritten letters for each of her close friends, Chaeyeon, and for her Father. She wrote her thoughts there, ending it with, Hopefully, we would meet soon again when you guys finally understood the reason for my sudden escape but do know, I’m happy.


 

It was hard but Minjoo already decided to go away, leave her life here, and run away with her lover so they could live happily and peacefully, away from violence and other duties. Yujin already planned everything perfectly and deeply.


 

Minjoo went out before tears could even escape her eyes. She just felt bad but she doesn’t regret nor wanted to back out.


 

For the last time, she gave the palace one last look before turning into her fox form, running away from there before someone could even notice her. Even if she didn’t like that palace, she was still raised there so it saddened her but it’s never her home. She treats Hallisia as her home instead.




 

Minjoo reached Hallisia in no time, running inside the forest the moment she transformed into her human form again with a smile, she’s very excited to meet her lover once again after three months, she suddenly reminisced the memory where Yujin went away for five months.


 

When the vixen reached the waterfall, she tried her best not to be upset when she saw no person there, waiting for her arrival. She held back a pout and went down, walking to their usual spot and sat there, deciding to wait for Yujin, and as she did that, she stared at the view around her, admiring it.


 

She waited for hours, as usual, all she could do is wait for Yujin. She even roamed around Hallisia to kill time but, the moon is already fully set and the festival is already starting— however, a certain wolf is not yet arriving.


 

Her hope started to lose but she couldn’t think negatively like this. Yujin promised, and the wolf doesn’t break promises. And there’s no way in hell that she didn’t survive that freaking war, Hyunjin survived so Yujin definitely survived too.


 

Minjoo stared at the moon, glaring at it and took a deep breath. It’s definitely past midnight now and the guards are probably looking for her by now. Her droopy eyes then lowered down, she saw a beautiful and huge plant of Maidenhair glowing.


 

“Yujin will come back right?” She asked the plant like she could get an answer from it but the plant only shimmered. Minjoo’s about to go crazy.


 

The lone vixen sat down back to her spot, staring at the glowing blue waterfall, her mind full of Yujin. And once again, Minjoo waited and waited for Yujin to appear.


 

But Yujin didn’t appear no matter how hard she prayed.





 

A lone tear escaped Minjoo’s eye, she curled herself and hugged her legs, burying her face on her knees as she sobbed, crying Yujin’s name. No, it can’t be happening! Maybe Yujin is just out there? Celebrating? Maybe she forgot? , Yujin would never forget but it’s better than not surviving.


 

There’s a lot of negativity lingering inside her head, and it’s frustrating her. Gods, she just wants Yujin, to live with her lover happily. Please.


 

“Y-Yujin-ah, please show yourself. Please,” Minjoo sobbed, hugging herself tighter as fireflies flew around her, giving her pity looks. Her heart ached so bad, it hurts so bad— it’s yearning for Yujin.


 

But there’s still a little faith in her, a hope. Yujin won’t leave her just like that. Never.


 

When she was about to wail again, her nose caught a very faint smell which made her nose twitch and heart freeze, as well as herself. Her teary eyes widened when she caught a noise coming from the distance, like someone is running towards her direction.


 

Minjoo’s heart once again flipped, her body lighting up in excitement out of a sudden. She stood up and stared at the direction where the smell and noises came from, eyes glimmering with hope and happiness— there’s no way she would fail to recognize that scent she has been missing for the past few months.


 

Finally, the scent became clear and the noises are getting louder and louder as Minjoo’s heartbeat.


 

Chocolate and Hyacinth… I-It’s definitely Yuj


 

“Minjoo-ah!”


 

The vixen lit up, she couldn’t hold back a smile when she heard that familiar voice and shout, she wanted to burst in happiness. Finally, how dare herself for doubting the Ahn Yujin like that?


 

“Kim Minjoo! I’m back!”


 

Another lone tear fell from her eye but it’s a tear of joy, but when she saw the approaching figure and recognized it, she broke down into tears once again but now, because of happiness— she’s crying out of gladness.


 

Yujin ran to her, immediately hugging her crying lover very tightly while panting a bit. She literally ran like her life depended on it earlier when she’s on her way here. She panicked when Minjoo sobbed, trying to comfort her by embracing her and her hair gently, also peppering her kisses on top of her head.


 

“Hey, don’t cry anymore, I’m here. I’m back.” She whispered while biting her lower lip, she couldn’t help but to feel guilty for making her wait and lose hope, and also think of negative things. Curse her father for making her stay at the celebration festival, she literally ditched it in the middle of her father’s speech, Minjoo’s more important.


 

“Sorry I arrived late, I couldn’t escape our base because of my father and the festival. I’m so sorry.” Yujin explained, hugging the fox princess even if her lower abdomen stung, she had an injury there but she doesn’t care anymore, she’s greedy for Minjoo warmth.


 

They stayed like that for a while until Minjoo calmed down, pulling away a bit so she could stare at her lover. Yujin’s heart broke when she saw Minjoo’s puffy red eyes but she looked adorable. “I really thought you didn’t make it… You silly,” She weakly muttered and lightly punched her chest.


 

“I told you, I promised you. I will be back, I still have a lot of promises to you that I need to fulfill.” The wolf said softly, cupping Minjoo’s tear-stained cheek and wiped some tears away. And before Minjoo could open , Yujin already lunged forward to claim that soft lips of hers that she has been missing.


 

The kiss is so sweet, as usual, pouring their feelings there at the kiss. Yujin tasted the bitterness and fear of losing her from Minjoo’s kisses, but she made sure to reassure her. Her hold around the vixen’s waist tightened, pulling her closer until there’s no more gap between their bodies as she deepened the kiss.


 

So, so sweet. A reunion kiss between lovers under the shining full moon.


 

As much as Yujin wanted more, she needs to stop before she loses control. Besides, they needed to escape Hallisia as soon as possible. The wolf pulled away, giving Minjoo a peck on the forehead before holding her hand, staring straight right into those honey orbs with a sheepish smile.


 

“Ready to run away, princess?” Yujin asked, intertwining their fingers together tightly. Minjoo returned the smile and even threw her a wink.


 

“More than ready, my love.”


 

And with that Ahn Yujin and Kim Minjoo ran away, escaping Hallisia together— going to nowhere. As long as they have each other, they would be the happiest.


 

It’s just still the beginning.


 


 

A/N: Again, thank you for reading/supporting and voting my story last #JinjooFiestaS2 I still can’t believe it, was my story worthy enough to place top 1? But still, thank you guys so so so much. You guys made me the happiest :D I dont know what to say anymore, up until now, im at loss for words...

 

Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be able to give this story a sequel since it’s an open-ending, I will leave it to y’alls imagination :D

 

Anyway, Maidenhair actually means ‘secret love’ that’s why I used it as my title, it fits so much~

 

And also, someone asked what if Minjoo and Yujin just decided to let the world know about their love? Welp, they will end up, either dying together or being apart forever. Even if their tribes made an alliance, it’s known that fox and werewolf cannot be mates, it’s a rule, even before they became enemies. Having a mixed breed as an offspring is not accepted, they will immediately kill the child because that child possesses the power, traits of both foxes and werewolves. Which is a no no for both sides. The authority will immediately kill the parents along the child so yea~ Its not mentioned there at the story~ werewolf and fox lovers had to hide or run away if they want to be together :D If you have any questions, then please comment, I will try my best to answer it uwu~


 

Once again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you. :]