Chapter Seventeen

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter
One Plus One Equals Doom Present

Taehyung stares at his phone sending a telepathic message for it to ring after waiting about thirty seconds he sighs knowing that wouldn’t be the case. Instead of Namjoon’s name coming across the screen he’s met with his reflection that’s clouded with stress. It’s been 12 hours since he’d spoken to Namjoon. He hadn’t made it to Daegu at all and Taehyung could only assume he mistakenly went to Busan. 

Which is why he’s rushing to Busan to meet him at the funeral, sending Seo Joon to the Hospital in his place.  With everything going on Seo Joon chose to send four cars worth of men to travel with Taehyung.

“Were you able to get the footage from the train station?”  Taehyung says with a slight huff of grievance but Seo Joon’s partner Hyunsik nods. Taehyung wasn’t sure he would take any orders from him, the two not really on good terms for reasons Taehyung avoids bringing up.

“It shows him until he closes in on his destination. He appeared to be talking to a couple of teens before calling someone. The camera cuts out and when it comes back on he and all the other passengers are no longer on the train.” Hyunsik explains the happenings in the video just as Taehyung’s phone rings. 

“H-Hello?” Taehyung stumbles a bit not recognizing the number. 

“Hey, it’s Jin are you ok?” Jin asks worriedly, filling his voice.

“I’m fine Mr. Kim but I’m a bit confused this is a Korea based number.” Taehyung mentions while cuing in his customer service voice. 

“Please stop calling me Mr. Kim, it’s Jin.” Jin chuckles awkwardly ignoring him mentioning the number. Taehyung chooses to ignore it since Jin is his Boss. Though he’s a tad bit suspicious. 

“I’ll remember that for future references. I’m sure you called because there was something important you needed?” Taehyung asks looking at the car window seeing that they were getting closer to the location where the funeral would be held. 

“Right,-” Jin gets interrupted by a knock on the door. Taehyung chuckles when Jin mutters ‘’ under his breath and prays Jungkook doesn’t wake up. The infant was giving him a hard time. There was a slight hint of exhaustion in his voice even with a Nanny by his side it’s clear Jungkook is giving him hell. Taehyung pauses, putting his hand up to stop the chatter in the car so he can hear clearly. Jin is in the background talking to the personnel of the hotel he’s currently residing. The problem Taehyung finds is that the person speaking to him about room service is speaking in Korean. Jin says thank you quietly and hurriedly rushes the person to leave the room but it’s too late.

“Where are you hyung?” Taehyung asks once the man is back on the phone, not sure of his current situation. He’s a bit wary with everything going on. 

“I can’t get in touch with Namjoon.” Jin readily changes the subject.

“Please don’t change the subject.” Taehyung sighs, he feels another headache coming along. Today, it will be a long day.

“I  can’t get in touch with neither Namjoon or Yoongi.” Jin continues, Taehyung grumbles on his breath knowing he would have to play along with Jin first in order to get answers. 

“Today is the funeral for Min Woo, we all headed out separately. I left a little later than the others so they should have arrived before me.” Taehyung lies and a feeling of guilt takes over him. Jin hums in understanding a small sigh escaping him.

“It slipped my mind, Jungkook is being a bit impatient since we weren’t able to get Namjoon on video call since last night.” Taehyung gets that he’s worried plus dealing with Jungkook is a worry. 

“You’re not in Busan are you?” Taehyung intervenes knowing if he didn’t ask now he wouldn’t get any answers from the man. “No, i’m not in Busan Tae.” 

“But you’re still in Korea?” Taehyung was hoping for a ‘no’ but the brief pause and the stammer told him otherwise. “Right?” He begs him to say no, having enough on his plate already. The thought of the dangers lurking around Seoul that had entered Busan and Daegu, he feared what would happen to his , what would happen to Jungkook. That’s the reason Namjoon sent him away right? For some reason they are after Jungkook.

“Tae I-” Taehyung interjects, no longer able to keep his composure.

“You’re supposed to go to an island one away from Korea and you mean to tell me you snuck off to Busan? Really?” Taehyung hisses, his tone rising along with his anger.

“I couldn’t take going that far with Jungkook already being so upset and crying. We missed our flight and I just decided to just fly to another island. A closer one.” Jin admits and Taehyung is aware of where he is. He wants to continue being angry at Jin since he managed to get away with it. Yell at him a little more for all the hard work and strenuous takes he had to do these past couple of months. But he chose to resolve any anger he may catch when Jin realizes he just yelled at him.

“Hyung,” Taehyung whines so cutely that all the passengers in t

Please log in to read the full chapter