Chapter Twelve

One Plus One
Please log in to read the full chapter
One Plus One Equal Fool

Jin packs the last of his bags while Namjoon grabs one of his own stuffing it in the back seat of the car next to Hoseok legs. Jungkook is sleeping peacefully while Hoseok kicks his legs singing happily playing with two of his favorite cars. The two brothers weren’t really talking to each other after Namjoon asked Jin to fire Taehyung. After his refusal Namjoon decided to be childish by taking Jungkook back home avoiding his brother and best friend until the business trip came around. 

“Here.” Jin hands over a folder practically stuffing it in the younger’s hand. He wasn’t happy with what he did behind Taehyung’s back but to suffice his relationship with his brother he chose to do a background check.  “I usually wouldn’t do this but this is a complete background check on Tae. If anything is missing I can get a private investigator but I trust that he’s not trying to hurt us.” The file Namjoon was given was completely light but he didn’t comment on it just nodding his head. 

Jin waves goodbye to Namjoon, his smile not quite reaching his eyes after Namjoon drops them off at the airport. Namjoon knows he hurt his brother in multiple ways by not trusting his decisions. He just wanted to be safe and Kim Taehyung wasn’t anything close to safe.

 

“It’s a quick look anyway.” Namjoon opens the file reading up on Kim Taehyung finding out the exact opposite that he thought of the younger. Taehyung grew up in an orphanage so there wasn’t much written about his past except that he went back and forth between orphanages around South Korea, his last being Seoul. When he went to the Seoul branch he ran away and started to model hence the expensive clothes he’s always wearing. His parents weren’t mentioned at all but it states he first went to Daegu’s orphanage when he was about six years old. 

He can only dial back his suspicions there wasn’t a criminal record and every report of him while in the orphans were praises and how he took good care of the younger kids often being the oldest. Taehyung's reasoning for not being able to control his emotions probably lies in what he went through growing up. Namjoon still disagreed with getting his help though he felt bad for judging him.

“Good morning,” Namjoon smiles at Rouge who arrived bright and early for recording today. He’s relieved to see that their holiday went well with the girls chatting away about their time spent with family. He couldn’t help looking at Mira who looked a little solemn in comparisons to the others.

“Everything ok” Namjoon asks while the others are out to grab food from the convenience store right across the street from Namjoon’s studio.

“I was supposed to spend Christmas together with a friend.” Mira sighs, staring off distantly. He could see a lot was on her mind, so he gave the girl time to collect her thoughts. “It felt weird because my family was expecting me to bring someone along.” 

“It sounds like you two are no longer friends?” Namjoon understood her lack of excitement for the holidays, he wasn’t that excited either with how Christmas set the tone for them all. 

“I wasn’t around when my friend needed me most. I had already switched companies.” Something sparks in Namjoon’s mind thinking back to one of the entries where Yuna had mentioned her friend leaving the company. He never really asked if any of the members from Rouge came from CNC. If he continues to avoid asking it would help him avoid anyone who participated in the hazing. 

“May I ask which company you came from before you joined Rouge?” Mira is about to answer when Namjoon's phone rings. “Hello?” Namjoon squints in confusion, the number not really familiar to him. 

“Hey, PD-Nim it’s Eun-Soo.” Namjoon felt his blood burning. Eun-Soo had the nerve to call him. His hatred for the younger hadn’t died down not even a bit since finding out the part he played in Yuna’s assault. He recalls the younger stating he didn’t need his help so it was surprising he had called. 

“Eun-Soo? Cha Eun-Soo?” Namjoon pretends like he’s shocked by the call, his eyes rolling unconsciously. Mira giggles at his reaction, rewarded with a dimple smile from Namjoon and a finger over his lips to quiet the girl. “I’m surprised you called me. You said you wouldn’t ever need my help.”

“Yes,” He clears his throat probably seething in anger but Namjoon didn’t care at all. “Well, I do.” Namjoon hummed in understanding, waiting for the other to continue. 

“Are you at your new studio?” Namjoon ponders how Eun-Soo learned he moved into his new studio but he puts it past him.  Eun-Soo was somehow

Please log in to read the full chapter