"You're my daylight"

Break the Rules

Double Patty Set

            It was past midnight when Bae Joohyun finally finished their filming for Double Patty. Looking at her wrist watch she released a heavy sigh when she realized that she only has few hours to sleep, few hours to be in an another schedule. Although, this isn’t new to her having numerous schedule in a week but she can’t hide how tired she is and I think that’s more likely normal.  For her, she just wanted to go home so bad, to cuddle someone, at least through this she can find rest and peace from her exhaustion.  

            She and her manager rushed in the car and went straight to their dorm. To alleviate herself from work, she opens her phone when she was clashed by numerous text messages. And who would it be? A smile formed in her lips, it’s her, it’s her beloved Son Seungwan.

“Unnie, do not skip meals and stay hydrated.”

“You can do it! I, the members and reveluvs got your back!”

“Please take good care of yourself okay?”

“I love you and I miss you.”

She can’t avoid herself smiling over those concern messages from Seungwan. Until her manager spoke, “Irene, be sure to get enough rest tonight. You’ll be attending Soba tomorrow.”

She nods lazily and takes a nap. “Also, you have another schedule at 9,” her manger added.

“Wait? That’s early than I expected,” she insisted. “Well, I think they change plans Ms. Irene,” her manager said.

This is how life looks like to be a singer-actress, you can’t just say no to it no matter how frustrated you look to them.

She once closed her eyes again, released an exhausted sigh.

 

In front of the Dorm

As soon as they arrived, Joohyun decided to call Seungwan not until Seungwan called her first. Without thinking, she immediately clicks the green button.

“Seungwan?”

“Oh hi unnie, I thought you won’t accept the call-” Seungwan laughed shyly “-are you at the dorm already?” Seungwan asked.

“I’m on my way why? Are you there already?” an excitement on the tone of her voice.

“Change plans unnie. I went home earlier.” She suddenly felt an irk, she’s disappointed on what she heard.

“That’s ,” she cursed under her breath.

“What unnie?”

“Never mind, take your time wannie.” As an amazing actress she is, she hid her disappointment from her girlfriend.

“Good night wannie. I’m tired let’s talk tomorrow.” she added lazily.

“I love-.” To her disappointment, she didn’t let Seungwan finished it. She hanged up the call and put her phone back inside her pocket, walking furiously towards her room.

Seungwan and Joohyun both agreed to spend the night after Joohyun’s schedules. They both planned to talk on things, comfort each other and for the remaining few hours to express their love for each other. But things turn out to be the complete opposite thing, at the last minute, Seungwan changed her decision that makes Joohyun confused and disappointed.

Joohyun wants to ask and confront Seungwan but due to her state right now. She can’t afford to use the little amount of energy she has to ask her Seungwan. Instead, she just let things go since the younger needs a space to rest too after what she’d been through last year.

Again, she closed her eyes and released a heavy sigh.

She entered her room, throw her things on the couch, cleared her thoughts and directly dived in her fluffy queen-sized bed. Sweet lavender scent, creamy, and comfy atmosphere embraced her that she immediately passed out.

 

Penthouse

“I love- “beep.

“Wow, she could have at least let me finish it. I wonder if she’s pissed though.”

Seungwan decided to cancel their plans for tonight because she wants her Joohyun to take all the remaining hours to rest. She doesn’t want to be a burden for her knowing that her girl has been working very hard these days. That’s why she went back at their penthouse, last minute.

It’s already 3 am and the younger girl still can’t sleep for unknown reasons. She stared at the ceiling for 5 minutes straight when she decided to take her phone and view their old photos together.

 A smile formed in her lips until tears starts dropping on her cheeks.

“How lucky I am to have this girl,” her voice almost cracked.

-

Time passed by, she grabbed her coat and went outside for air. As she was walking mindlessly while listening to the songs that luvies’ had requested to her, her small feet led her in front of her lover’s place, at their place.

“Am I missing her too much?” she asked herself looking at their dorm.

She opens the door quietly, trying her best not to wake up her love. She saw her lover sleeping beautifully, she reached out for the blanket and covered the small figure in front of her.

Seungwan sat beside on her sleeping beauty, fixed the hair that covers her lover’s innocent face and utter words of love while caressing Joohyun’s hair.

“How can someone sleep and snore so lovely?” she laughed weakly.

“Anyways, you look so tired love. Imagine if I stayed with you tonight I might destroy your beauty rest,” she jokes.

“By the way, I’m sorry for changing my decision I know you're disappointed at me. I just want you to take all these hours for you to rest, you deserve that you know. You’ve been working so hard these days and I want what’s best for you. I did promise you to handle your heart with care and treasure it with love, your well-being is not an exception. It’s true when I say, kissing you is my hobby and holding you is my favorite past time, but for now I want you to take a rest. I love you Joohyun-ssi,” she said as she pressed her lips on Joohyun’s.

After some quite time, she decided to stand up and go home for sleep is dwelling her. She walks towards the door and cast one glance again at her love.

“You are the winner and the sole owner of my heart,” she said as she exits Joohyun’s room.

 

Next Day

Joohyun woke up late, frustrated and exhausted knowing today is another day with ty works. Before she took her morning bath, she opens her phone expecting a good morning from her beloved Seungwan. To her disappointment again, no good nights, no good mornings or even I love yous from that person.

“ this I’m out!” she exclaimed and throw her phone at her bed. Good thing, her innocent phone survived.

-

She first went on her 9 am schedule. Looking grumpy, here and there. Well to some people, Bae Joohyun is known for being a cold princess even if she’s really not like that. As an amazing actress she fails to hide her frustrations to the public. And as a jealous girlfriend she succeeds to show her disappointment.

As soon as she finished her 9 am schedule, she went straight to attend Blue Carpet.

 

Penthouse 2.0

“Good morning world and to you Manen!” she shouted brightly. She looked for her phone and typedGood morning love, good luck and break a leg!’ She puts down her phone when she noticed that it’s already 4 pm.

“WHAT THE it’s already 4!?” she shouted that her voice echoed inside the room. Mrs. Shon knocked at the door and spoke, “Seungwan, are you awake? Come and grab your break-lunch.”

“I will mom, thank you.” Before going down stairs to grab her food, she made sure to turn on her television first to witness her girlfriend slay the carpet.

At a perfect timing, as she tuned in to the broadcast station, her soulmate and her lovely girlfriend showed up, flexing their beauty. She was clapping so hard with a bright smile on her face, when the camera zoomed in to Irene’s grumpy face, she wonderes and worries.

“Why is it my baby look so grumpy?” she asked to herself. “She looks so damn tired and very drain.”

Few minutes of pondering…

She grabbed her phone and dialed her manager’s number.

“Manager-nim, I have a favor. Will you help me sneak inside Soba?”

“What are you thinking? We already agreed on this right. We’re saving your first appearance on your grand return,” her manager explained.

“I know and I get it. But I’m not going there as Wendy, I’ll put on a disguise. Please, just this favor for once,” her voice begging for her manager’s approval.

“Fine. Since, I’ve gotten news today that the area is securely protected from fan sites. I’ll help you out.”

“You’re the best. I’m going to treat you later HAHAHA.”

“What are you up to by the way? Why do you want to go there it’s very rare to see you breaking the rules Ms. Shon?”

“Someone needs to be lighten up tonight. Someone needs me, Joohyun needs me.”

Few minutes passed…

Wendy’s manager picks her up in front of their penthouse. Seungwan’s outfit is all in black wearing a mask. She really made sure to look beautiful also while wearing a disguise. As soon as she enters the car she can’t control her excitement.

“Are you ready for this?” she asked her manger excitedly.

“ZIMZALABIM!” they both shouted and give high fives to each other.

What a dork. Even at this risky moment, she never fails to make the people around her laugh.

Seungwan decided to drop by first on the nearest café to buy Joohyun’s and Seulgi’s favorites. To keep herself from the public, her manager bought the foods Seungwan requested.

 

Soba Entrance

To their great surprise, the security smoothly let them pass without risking anything. Before, at the road, she and her manager took lengthy of time to ponder what excuses and claims are they going to say but now everything turns out so smooth.

“Oh, the universe is on my side right now. Can’t wait to pinch that grumpy Joohyun.”

 

Waiting Room 221

“Unnie, you can take a rest, we’re performing second to the last tonight,” Seulgi said worriedly.

During their rehearsals until now, Joohyun looks so grumpy and very silent, that made Seulgi worried.  For tonight is there very first to perform in front of their fans physically and not virtually. Although she’s also nervous but she’s more nervous for her, wondering if Joohyun can still perform that perfect bend tonight not to mention Joohyun’s bad state now.

“Thank you Seulgi. I think I really should. By the way, did Seungwan messaged you today perhaps,” she asked out of curiosity.

“To my surprise, she didn’t this time. I wonder why though since that always messaged me in times like this,” she answered. “Why did you ask unnie? Did something happened between you two?” she added.

“No,” she denies. “Wake me up 10 minutes before our performance okay?”

Seulgi nods and grab her phone to spare her life from boredom. As she was playing on her phone, she received a message from Seungwan.

Seul I’ll call you. Go somewhere else where Irene is not around.” She exits at their waiting room and went to the comfort room instead.

“, why did you call? Also unnie mentioned you tonight. Did something happened between you two?” damn many questions greeted Seungwan.

“Shut up for a sec okay? You didn’t even bother to say hi first you dummy.”

“Okay Hi! So what now?”

“Wow, what’s wrong with you two. Are you guys okay? You sound and look so pissed by the way HAHAHAHAH.”

“If you’re calling me just to tease how we look tonight I’m hanging this up.”

“Okay , here’s the thing. I’m going there tonight.”

“I know you’re crazy since you were born but ARE YOU EVEN REAL SEUNGWAN? What if the public will saw you?”

“, I’m wearing a disguise okay. We’re already in the backstage. I’ll show up after the event is done.”

“Wow, what did you do to the securities? Did you seduce them HAHAHAHA?”

“Shut up! Just help me out please I’m surprising unnie tonight. But what is your waiting room’s number by the way?”

 “Okay, here’s the number, 22- fuc.” Seulgi stopped when she felt someone is around. To her great surprise, it’s Irene who looks so furious looking for her.

“Seulgi, there you are. Let’s prepare for our performance.”

“Seul? 22 what?” Wendy asked on the phone.

“Oh hi unnie! You're already awake?” Seulgi asked nervously that she accidentally hang up the call. You can’t blame Seulgi for acting like this. Ever since, she is always the bridge or the way when her members asks something for her to do. But this time, she can’t deny how nervous she is.

“Who are you talking to?” Irene asked walking towards Seulgi.

Seulgi managed to hide her phone and said, “Oh my parents called me, nothing special.”

“But you look tensed. Come on let’s go already.” Irene exits and Seulgi followed her leader.

 

Backstage

Damn it! Should I look over the whole place?” she cursed under her breath.

“So what now? I can’t afford to lose my job for this.” her manager looks so nervous and tensed too.

 

After 5 minutes of meditation on to what should they do next, Seungwan’s phone vibrated.

 

“It’s 221, your number, . I ended the call cause unnie suddenly showed up. You better give me a reward after this.”

Seungwan smiled that she almost wanted to cry when her manager interrupted the scene.

“You look creepy as HAHAHAHAHA.” her manager while avoiding Seungwan's weak punches.

“I got the room number. Let’s go there after the awarding ceremony.” Her manager agreed.

“The universe surely wants me to visit my grumpy bunny,” her thought said.

 

After few minutes for the awarding ceremony began… They both started to act.

 

“Coast is clear, let’s go now Seungwan.” The hallway is so quite not the way they expected, thank goodness.

 Seungwan is getting closer to the room when Seulgi suddenly showed up with Irene and the whole staff out of nowhere, their eyes meet and telepathically speaking to each other.

“, why are you so early?”

“Just do something .”

“AH!” Seulgi shouted as she falls onto the ground. Wow, impressive acting skills we have there my friend.

Meanwhile, Wendy hurriedly hide somewhere, as she luckily spotted a tall security guard that somehow could really cover her up.

People’s attention went to Seulgi’s state. Although the bear, cursed under her breath realizing how dumb and embarrassed she is from doing this skit, but on the other side, she wanted to do this for Joohyun and her soulmate.

“Seulgi are you okay?” Irene asked worriedly as she bend her knees to help Seulgi.

“I’m fine unnie. I think I was just nervous hehe.” Irene helped Seulgi to stand on her feet, the acting never ends until they reach the stage.

-

“That was close.” Seungwan said to herself holding her breath.

“Sorry Wendy I really thought the coast is clear,” her manager reasoned out.

Finally, they reached the room. Her manager placed all the foods at the table. Meanwhile, Wendy throw herself on the couch and released a successful smile.

 

After receiving the award

“Unnie, let’s hurry up!” Seulgi said excitedly.

“Why are you so excited? We’re just going back at the waiting room unless you really wanted to go home and celebrate.”

Irene made a point, but she can’t also wait to witness what Seungwan prepared for Joohyun. She wanted to act all the more to hide her excitement but she fails this time as Seulgi gave a teasing look on Irene.

Meanwhile, Joohyun is completely clueless. Her mind really can’t process this time. Also, she wondered why Seulgi gave her that ‘look’.

“Why are you giving me that look? Unless-“she paused and gasped. “-don’t tell me she’s here?”

Joohyun as you can see, is at the peak of devastation where her mind’s content has always been her girlfriend. Although guessing that maybe her girlfriend is really here she can’t deny how delusional her mind works.

Seulgi can’t afford to play around anymore. Seeing Irene worried and confused at the same time made her feel a tiny guilt if she continues to lie.

“She’s waiting for you.” Seulgi smiled shaking Irene’s shoulders.

The tired, grumpy bunny can’t believe what Seulgi was saying. She wanted to believe it but also not, she’s tired of being disappointed anymore.

“What are you waiting for unnie? Go now!” Seulgi said tapping Joohyun’s .

“You aren’t pranking me right?” Irene said trying not to cry as much as possible.

A few seconds later, Irene’s phone from her manager’s bag rang. She saw the caller it’s Son Seungwan. For a moment, she didn’t bother to answer it anymore as her manager rushed to get her phone from her bag.

She ran as fast as she could, trying not to cry from her excitement or from missing her girlfriend. She didn’t mind people’s eyes looking at her curiously. She just want to see her Seungwan so bad.

 

Waiting room

“Manager-nim, is she already there?” Her manager peaks through the door. While Wendy, is hiding under the table looking so stupid. Her manager approached and said, “I don’t know what takes them too long to go back in here.”

“I called her though but she didn’t answer it.”

Wendy decided to stands up since her feet is aching from hiding.

She was shocked when the door banged so loud. She turns her head and saw her crying girlfriend standing in front of her.

At the back of her head, she wondered why is her girl crying. Did something happen back there at the stage? Was she hurt? Many questions raced to her mind.

As for Irene, she can’t believe that Seungwan is really there, right in front of her eyes looking so good as ever. They just stared at each other when she finally can’t wait any longer for the younger to hug her. This time she made the first move.

 Seungwan from being excited earlier changed into being so worried. For everyone knows, Seungwan doesn’t want to see her girl crying. She wants to comfort her not until as she was about to start a foot, she felt a warm embrace. Irene hugged her first, that’s new.

Her crying girlfriend is hugging her so tightly now. Without hesitating, she returns a very tight hug and kiss its head. Caressing its back to calm down her Joohyun from crying.

“Sshhh, why are you crying?”

Irene didn’t dare to reply but hugged her girlfriend tightly than before.

“Babe you have to calm down,” she said as she tried to move her girlfriend's head to see her face.

“I want to see your face, Joohyun-ssi.” Irene moves her face closer to Seungwan’s chest. Seungwan doesn’t have a choice this time as much as she wanted to see her face but her girlfriend wanted to cuddle all the more. Truly Joohyun, missed her so much and she’s very guilty for it.

“I’m sorry babe,” Seungwan said caressing her head.

“Don’t you dare broke up with me you ,” Irene said sternly.

Seungwan giggled which made Joohyun punched her stomach and broke the tight hug, facing Seungwan.

“You didn’t even bother to message me this morning.”

Seungwan gave her a confused look and defended herself, “Wait, I remember sending you one though.”

Irene looked over her phone while her manager handed it to her she then checked her inbox. “Look! there’s nothing, liar!”

Seungwan went over her phone, look shocked, and stared at her ‘unsent message’. Now she looks more stupid than she thought, she -ing forgot to click send.

“Never mind, I forgot to hit send . I’m sorry,” she felt sorry all the more. “But I’m here at least you know.”

“Yes you’re here. I really have to look so grumpy in front of the people to summon your presence huh?” Irene said bitterly.

Seungwan walk towards her grumpy girlfriend, wiping those tears from her face, gave her a light kiss, a deadly smile and Joohyun's most favorite, the tight warm hug of Seungwan, it’s her specialty.

“I AM SO PROUD OF YOU JOOHYUN-SSI,” she can feel Joohyun’s warm tears on her chest again. “Hear me out okay, not so long ago I was alone and lost, and then you came along and I was home. Thank you for finding me Joohyun. Time and time again I have to pinch myself when I see you next to me. You are my dream come true. I crown you the Queen of my heart.”

“, can you stop saying that you’re making us emotional here,” Seulgi interrupted, trying her best not to cry.

 Seungwan didn’t notice that the staffs and her manager were crying already witnessing them. For the last time, she didn’t mind them.

I choose you. And I’ll choose you over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I’ll keep choosing you, Joohyun, even if I have to break the rules for loving you so bad,” Seungwan ended her speech planting a kiss on Joohyun’s forehead.

“I have waited so long for the perfect girl and my patience has finally paid off,” Irene replied as she looks into Seungwan’s starry eyes.

“LOVE WINS! SHONA ALL!” Seulgi shouted and all the people around them clapped while wiping their tears away.

 

The staff played their favorite song, it was Daylight by Taylor Swift.

 

And I can still see it all (in my mind)

All of you, all of me (intertwined)

I once believed love would be (black and white)

But it's golden (golden)

 

“Truly, golden. You’re my daylight in this dark world,” Seungwan ended.

 

-T H E   E N D-

P.S HAPPY WENRENE DAY WAITING WITH RESPECT TO SEE MY PARENTS AGAIN.