Final.

If We Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy can write tons of sweet and romantic words and turn it into someone else's favorite song but at the end of the day, she finds herself lonely. She doesn't mind being alone but the cold seeps through her skin and there are times that she wants to feel someone else's warmth. 


How do people get lucky to have someone they can call their partner? Don't get Wendy wrong. She likes to meet people and check if there is any connection but she is still looking for that certain click. She doesn't want to jump into one relationship to another so she decided to wait until no one is coming. 


--------------------


Wendy opens the door of the boutique shop. Taeyeon had already scheduled it ahead knowing that she is busy and forgetful. She sits on the sofa while waiting for the staff to call her name, browsing the magazines while thinking on what gift to give to the soon-to-be newlyweds. Taeyeon asked her to write a song for them but it was a short notice and Jessica doesn't like sappy, cheesy songs. 


'Maybe I should give them a fridge or a rice cooker.' Wendy smiles to herself.


"Joy, do you think it's okay? The cut of the dress is kinda short. I don't think unnie will be okay with this." A voice of a girl breaks Wendy's talk to herself. She looks up and sees a girl wearing a short white dress.


Wendy feels like something's ringing in her ears. Her heart is beating so fast that it is making her scared that it will jump out of her chest. The girl is still oblivious of Wendy's presence because she keeps her sight on the mirror.


The woman has black shiny hair, pointed nose and perfect facial features. Wendy thinks that God didn't spend Sunday as his rest day to create this woman in front of her. 


On the other hand, Irene, the said woman, keeps on looking at herself in the mirror. The cut of the dress is two inches shorter than the one that she ordered. She keeps calling Joy to ask her opinion but the girl didn't answer so she looks around and sees a blonde girl sitting and looking at her.


"Where are your wings?" The blonde asks the black-haired girl in a dress.


"What?" Irene looks so confused on what the girl is saying. 


"Do angels have wings or not? If yes, where are yours?"


Irene blushes hard. She does not expect to see a cute girl who keeps asking about her being an angel.


"I'm just a mere human and no, I'm not an angel." Irene smiles.


"If you really are a human, go on a date with me," Wendy says, standing and goes in front of the girl. 


"Sneaky but I don't do dates at first meet-up," Irene answers.


"Then if destiny is on my side, I would love to see you again and maybe by that time, you can go on a date with me. I'm Wendy Son." Wendy extends her hand for a hand shake.


"I'm-"


"Unnie, are you still here? There you are. Sorry I had to take a call."


"Who are you?" Joy asks after seeing Wendy standing so close to Irene. 


Before Wendy can answer, the staff calls her.


"Miss Son, the suits are ready. Come with me." The staff then guides Wendy to another room but before she leaves, she smiles and waves at Irene. 


"See you around, Irene."


--------------------


The room is decorated with purple and white flowers. Today is the day where Taeyeon and Jessica will start their journey as one.


Irene looks at them with a sweet smile on her lips. She is happy for her sister and for Jessica. The two went on a series of secret hangouts to car dates and now, putting a ring on each other. 


Her sister, Taeyeon is a well-known solo artist and her girlfriend, no, her soon-to-be wife is a fashion designer. She was there in every decision that the two made. She was there when the two decided to take a break and months later, after a series of drunk nights and crying sessions, the two decided to be together again for they can't live without each other. 


Irene wants to feel that kind of love. A love that keeps on coming back. A love that will always stay and get stronger each passing day. She wants to meet the person who will make things easy but there's a problem. She's scared of commitment. She is afraid to get attached and in the end, be dumped.


As the newlyweds finish exchanging vows, the piano plays, accompanied by a soft voice.

 

A house like a picture is nothing special
Wherever you are, that’s a picture

A shining day is nothing special whatever day it is
I don’t need anything if I’m with you
 
It’s not a harsh world although I have you
But I think that it’s a harsh world
I thank and pray again
I pray so that you’d be my side forever, unchanging

 

Irene can't help but get carried away by the voice. She feels warm inside like someone is hugging her soul. She wants to see the wedding singer but the latter is singing from the balcony of the church.

 

The person I’ve been imaging and dreaming about is you
I can’t believe it, really can’t believe it
That I can say I’m in love with you
How can I dare to love you

 

Right after the wedding, the reception takes place outdoors, in a big garden. Jessica and Taeyeon want their guest to have some fresh air and do some outdoor activities.


Meanwhile, Wendy is sitting on the bench facing the sea. She loves the feeling of being alone but hated the feeling of being lonely.


"Mind if I sit here?" A distant voice breaks Wendy's trance. She looks up to see a familiar face.

 

She sees her again.


The angel.


The one she's praying to see again every night. 


"Fancy meeting you here, Wendy." The so-called angel smiles and sits beside her.


"Irene?"


"Yes?"


"So you're really real?"


"What do you think?"


"I thought you were just a product of my imagination and my lonely thoughts." Wendy laughs while explaining.


"I think fate is really on my side," Wendy whispers but Irene hears all of it. 


Before Wendy can say what she wants to say, Taeyeon appears in front of them and asks for her.


"Wendy! I've been searching for you. I thought you left." Taeyeon dramatically puts her arms around Wendy.


"Ehem." Irene lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter