Final

Shut Up and Kiss Me

It’s winter. Suga and Jimin are sitting on the bus driving home from their university lessons. Suga’s winter coat isn’t corded up, because the bus is well heated up due to the heater and the amount of people warming the air.

Jimin is staring into his phone while Suga just looks outside the window. Their daily commute was always annoyingly long and Suga couldn’t wait to finally reach his stop and go home. At least he had Jimin who lived close by and happened to study the same as him, so they could use the bus together and kill some time.

They’ve known each other for two years now and understand each other without words. A feature of their relationship Suga appreciated a lot. He was a more reserved guy and only talked so much that was necessary. On their way back home, it occasionally happed that they wouldn’t talk or just mind their own business, being already tired from all the lectures they had. Of course during classes they would also sit together. Within a short period of time they became very close and kind of became inseparable. They weren’t dating though, just very good friends. Whenever Jimin or Suga had a date the other gave mental support or helped in any way they could but ever since they knew each other, none of them was in a relationship.

During today’s commute Suga would occasionally look over to Jimin, but the other was entirely concentrated on his mobile today, so that Suga just stared outside the window.

Outside he sees beautiful snowflakes slowly falling on the ground. There was already a 10 cm layer of snow on the ground and Suga was grateful that he didn’t have to walk in that snow for too long. The sky was dressed in light grey clouds, that didn’t let a single sunray come through. It was only shortly after lunch time, therefore it was still pleasantly light outside.

Suga checked the bus display and he would soon reach his stop. Jimin only had two more stops than him, so he should get ready soon as well.

“Jimin, we’re almost there, don’t miss your stop.” The bus drove a curve.

“Hm, yeah.” And Jimin would pack his mobile away and also slowly got ready to leave the bus.

Suga already dreaded the coldness that would embrace him as soon as he stepped out of the bus. He noticed that his lips are quite dry and takes out his lip balm. It was a cheap brand and smelled like passion fruit. The smell was way too fruity for the cold season, but Suga liked the smell and taste so he didn’t care.

He put some of the lip balm on his lips and enjoyed the fragrance. Just as he was about to put it back into his pocket, Jimin spoke up again.

“Can I get some of your lip balm? My lips are terribly dry!” Jimin almost whined next to him.

Suga still held the lip balm in his hand, hovering it in front of his back and gazed up to Jimin. In a short moment of silence, he contemplated what to do. An indirect kiss with his (best) friend? They shared bottles or food several times already, so it wouldn’t be anything new. Suga narrowed his eyes and put the lip balm back into his pocket, not sharing it with Jimin which made the younger just grunt without complaining any further.

Next was Suga’s stop. Before bidding goodbye, he stood up and pressed his lip balm covered lips against Jimin’s. This time not only tasting the passion fruit but Jimin as well. It was a taste he could easily get used to.

“Your lips shouldn’t be dry anymore. See you tomorrow.” Suga said with his naturally aloof attitude and left the bus nonchalantly with a small smile, leaving Jimin completely speechless behind.

 

 

A/N:
I had this story idea ever since october 2018, but was never motiavted enough to write it. However today I just wrote it in one go and decided to publish it directly. It turned out much shorter than I expected (and wanted?) but I didn't know what else to put in there so I just left it like this. It's just a very short One Shot with a fluffy story that only indicates what's going to happen next. The rest is up to your imagination ;)

The story is inspired by what happened to me on a bus ride home. I was coming from work and not university though xD