Chapter 26

Suddenly Her Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona’s POV

 

Ding dong 

 

Ding dong 

 

I went to the door lifelessly to check whoever my visitor is for this day. I’m kinda confused because no one knows this house, which is my uncle’s, who no longer lives here as he was already staying for good with his family in Australia. 

 

The doorbell rang again as if the person behind the gate was already growing impatient so I rushly went outside to open it. And the person who greeted me made me shocked.

 

“T-Taeyeon unnie.” I welcomed awkwardly and I guess she didn’t notice it as she smilingly engulfed me in a hug.

 

“Baby, Yoong and I missed you so much already.” She cheerfully said while I let out a short smile.

 

“Come in.” I said which she immediately obliged since she’s been out for a long time. “Take a seat, unnie. I’ll just get you some drinks and food.” 

 

I didn’t wait for her reply. When I heard her confrontation with Jessica, I tried my best to avoid being with her as much as possible because I still couldn’t believe that the person I love loves her until now.

 

“Eat first, unnie.” I offered and avoided looking at her who I know is staring at me intently. I saw in my peripheral vision that she took a drink in her juice and the only sound that was made in our silent atmosphere was when she put down her glass on the table.

 

“I’m sorry.” She uttered afterwards and I don’t have any choice but to look at her. “I’m sorry that you had to know the real thing between Jessica and I in that way. Dara told me.” She’s pertaining to her secretary and I could just shake my head. I told her not to say that I went there. “Don’t get mad at her. She just accidentally slipped it. Besides, I noticed how you’re treating me differently so I did something to know why.” She added so I took a deep breath and diverted my eyes from her again.

 

I can’t meet her eyes that are showing sympathy because of what I’ve heard. In fact, she’s not at fault because it’s Jessica’s decision to not tell me about their past. However, I just find it uncomfortable that one of the people who I am close with is my rival in Jessica’s heart.

 

“Baby.” Her tone is so mellow so I forced myself to look at her. She cautiously sat beside me and held my hand.

 

Why couldn’t I find any hint of anger towards her? Even though I know that she also kept that there was something between them before, I couldn’t get mad at her.

 

“Though I’m not in the position to tell this to you, but since you already have an idea, I’ll still continue.” Taeyeon unnie said but I still didn’t budge. “Your girlfriend and I were in a relationship for two years. She was sixteen that time while I’m nineteen. I really loved her despite our .” She added before squeezing my hand as if asking for permission if I should let her continue or not so I nodded my head. “She was a niece of my manager in the agency. She was a part time singer that time and that’s how we met. Our relationship was really good for the whole two years and I already promised myself that I won’t touch her until we get married. I also planned on marrying her a few months after she officially became an adult but I was the one who broke her trust in me. But the thing was, I never regretted that I did what’s the best for her because if not, she wouldn’t have met you.” She gave a sincere smile while I’m holding my breath because of the things I’ve heard.

 

The way she talked about Jessica, it’s obvious that they really loved each other a lot.

 

“I don’t know if she already told you, but what she knows was I cheated on her with her best friend because that was really my plan.” She confessed that made me look at her abruptly. She was staring at nothing for a while before smiling at me again but I can see the guilt in her eyes. “I already have a child, baby.” She continued that made my mouth agape. “At the age of 21, I was by one of Jessica’s suitors.” And the truth was unveiled.

 

There was no discomfort as I retaliated by holding her hand because what she was saying was obviously heavy inside her.

 

“D-does Jessica know?” I let out the question that suddenly popped in my mind. I then remembered that I could speak. She said a lot of things but this is the only time I dared to speak.

 

“N-no. I don’t want her to know. I know that when she finds out I was pregnant, she wouldn’t hesitate to stand up for me. I didn’t want that. I don’t want her to be responsible for the tragedy that happened to me because she was still young. I don’t want her life to just revolve around me because I know that she has a long way to go. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter