Pre-Obsession

When the Huntress became the Hunted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thanks for the review's last chapter. I know the beginning chapter wasn’t super interesting, but there also wasn’t a whole lot I could do there without revealing more and then it would have just been one long oneshot, so I’m hopeful to build up the momentum, so I know it’ll get more interesting. Okay, thanks, and here’s chapter 2. Joohyun is surely confident, yes, yes she is.




 

Joohyun couldn’t stop thinking about Seulgi. She really couldn’t, no matter what she did. Never before had she felt so immediately fascinated by someone to the point where she wanted to know them, to the point she wanted to make them hers. This is all new territory for Bae Joohyun in a sense, because she didn’t want to right away say she was obsessed, but yeah, she was reaching obsession. Sometimes, at her clinic she’d be in the middle of a session, and her mind would be onto the monolid woman so fast. The clients would be talking to her about their deepest fears, or concerns, and Joohyun would be thinking about Kang Seulgi. Though, the professional she is, she could usually pick up enough to show that she was listening, only these days she wasn’t really listening all that much. She’d have to make Seulgi hers sooner or later, or she’d lose her entire clinic, okay, maybe not really. She’s only one of the most well known clinicians in the city, and has more than one location, not to mention she teaches classes part time too.


 

Now, as much as she has been hoping to run into Seulgi again since the day in the library, it never happened. Just as it never happens when you want it to, and so it was the day she was leaving from the university she teaches in when she did actually see Kang Seulgi. The woman walked ahead of her with a cup of coffee in her hand, dressed again in a fashionable way, dark slacks, loafers, a blue dress shirt. Joohyun is a clinician. She knows how to spot a lie and she knew immediately that Kang Seulgi was no office manager, though she did give her props for lying so effortlessly. It actually surprised her in a way that Seulgi, who was rather oblivious and polite could lie so easily. It added an interesting layer to her that Joohyun was eager to unravel.

 

“Seulgi!” She called out to the taller woman ahead of her.

 

The first call goes completely ignored, though Joohyun didn’t take it personally. Seulgi was a bit ahead of her and was walking rather fast like she was late for something. No matter, Joohyun could walk fast too, it didn’t matter if Seulgi was taller than her or had longer legs. The raven sped up her pace and called out again, this time louder, so the monolid woman would hear her. Abruptly, Seulgi turns around, and Joohyun can see she has airpods in her ear, another reason she didn’t take it personally. Then the taller woman breaks out into one of her polite smiles again, standing there to wait for Joohyun to catch up.

 

“Joohyun, hi. I’m sorry, I had music on. How are you?”
 

“Better now.” are the unspoken words. After all, it’s not Joohyun’s goal to freak out her target and have Seulgi be wary of her. The goal is to make this woman hers at the end, and she has to make Seulgi more comfortable first and foremost.

 

“I’m good, are you heading to work or maybe you’re done for the day? I’d love to treat you to a late lunch.”

 

Seulgi looks to be contemplating that offer, like she either doesn’t want to, or she has something else to do that is more important.

 

“Well, I do love food. But, I’m afraid I have a prior engagement.”

 

Well, that was surely disappointing. Joohyun didn’t show how disappointed she was though. She simply smiled again and then asked for a rain check.

 

“How about this, we exchange numbers and I can at least treat you to lunch another time.”

 

The taller woman seems to be thinking that over. Joohyun hopes that she will not be turned down, after all, who can say no to a free meal? Joohyun also thinks it’s okay to ask for her number, they are at least on friendly enough terms that numbers can be exchanged, right?

 

“Sure, Joohyun.” Seulgi agrees and takes out her phone. “What’s your number?”

 

Now this time around Joohyun really couldn’t contain her excitement. She was beaming from ear to ear at the fact she now has Seulgi’s number. Still, she managed to keep her excitement in check enough to give her number as well. That was too easy, okay, maybe it wasn’t all that easy. It was however a good start because from here things could only look up. They’d start with lunch, maybe even a real date, and sooner or later this woman would be hers.

 

“Thank you, I’ll see when I’m next free, and we can have lunch.”

 

“Oh...but how busy can an office manager be. You are allowed breaks, right?” The raven speaks in a teasing tone. Seulgi smiles with eyes forming crescent shapes.

 

“You’d be surprised, well, I need to go. Have a good day, alright?”

 

“You too, Seulgi.”

 

Joohyun stood there for a long moment, even after she could no longer see Seulgi, a thought coming to her mind. She can very easily do a search on Seulgi, find out more about her, but that was no fun. Plus, it was a major breach of her privacy, Joohyun wouldn’t aim for that snooping level, though she wanted to know so much more about the monolid woman. It would not be fun simply finding out information that anyone could find out, when she would rather hear it from Seulgi’s lips. She would be in this game for as long it took. Poor Seulgi, again having no idea what was coming her way. 

 

A sudden ring of her business cell makes the psychologist come back to reality. It’s her assistant telling her that there are detectives waiting at the clinic, nothing usual, because Joohyun works with detectives and such often when they need help with particular cases. It looked like her day was about to get interesting. She could feel it, though she wasn’t ready for just how interesting when she walked into the office and the two detectives present to her a most interesting case file.

 

“Dr. Bae, it’s good of you to meet us. Our superiors wanted us to bring this case to you. You’re pretty well known for your expertise into the...uh…” The male detective stops. “The mentally disturbed.”

 

Joohyun does have quite a few published articles on sociopaths, psychopaths, killers, her main field of study was abnormal psychology, though she has taken up a number of different interests.

 

“Now, detective, that's not very nice to..”

 

The female detective shows her the gathered evidence so far and the first page she sees is articles detailing murder victims, very gruseome details of murder victims. Joohyun smiles in apology.

 

“Point taken, well, you’ve come to the right psychologist. I’ve helped in cases before, is this everything you have so far about our murderer?”

 

“So far, yes, they are very clean, very precise, never ever leaves a trail. We know nothing about this person, or persons possibly there could be more than one of these assassin types.”
 

Joohyun looks through the file. She has never seen such clean work like this before, dare she say almost artful? She has seen plenty of photos from murder scenes, even been to a few on scene, but nothing like this has been almost art-like? She finds that even though the imagery is indeed gruesome. It tells her this person is very diligent, precise, perhaps a perfectionist sort.

 

“I don’t think it’s more than one person.”

 

“How can you be so sure, Dr. Bae?”

 

“There is a style, a pattern with all these different murders, something l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter