Special Birthday

The best birthday yet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Happiest birthday to the most adorable Kim Sihyeon!! I wanted to do my best and write her a bday fic just like I did for Aisha, so this is again syeonsha, with Aisha who realizes it's her first celebration of Sihyeon’s birthday with Sihyeon as her girlfriend, not just her friend, so hopefully it’s okay, happy birthday again to Sihyeon. Also a special thank you to my friend Ven, who without a lot of inspiration and thoughts for Syeonsha fics would not be possible, thank you for being so great! 






 

3 o’clock, it was 3 o’clock exactly when Heo Yoorim had an epiphany. The brunette sat up in bed with slight alarm, she can’t believe it took her this long to realize something so very important. 

 

“Syeon’s birthday is coming up.”

 

Sihyeon, Kim Sihyeon, or Syeon as she will affectionately call her from time to time, has a birthday coming up, and that isn’t really the issue. She has spent birthdays with Sihyeon before, only this year is different for one very important reason. Yoorim sighs to herself, running her fingers through her hair.

 

“I wasn’t Sihyeon’s girlfriend then.”

 

No, she wasn’t Sihyeon’s girlfriend then, only her friend, and although birthdays were special anyway. This year, it would be completely different, since she was in fact Sihyeon’s girlfriend, now the question was, what would Yoorim do about it. She wanted the first birthday spent as Sihyeon’s girlfriend to be special for them, one that Sihyeon would always remember no matter what. But what? What could she do to make it the most memorable birthday.

 

If it wasn’t so late, Yoorim would call Sihyeon to get an idea of what she could want, or want to do, only it was late, and she could almost hear Sihyeon’s voice in her head.

 

“Yoorimie...why aren’t you sleeping it’s almost 4 am.”

 

She’d have to wait until a decent time to ask her, because the only thing that mattered to Yoorim was making sure Sihyeon had a wonderful birthday, no matter what she had to do to make such a thing happen. Unfortunately, for Yoorim it was hard to get any sleep, not with so many thoughts on her mind, that by the time she did manage to get any sleep it was time to get up, and when she was meeting her girlfriend later in the day, she was clearly so exhausted, that Sihyeon’s first thoughts were to make sure Yoorim was okay. Since it was unusual to see Yoorim tired like she barely slept at all. The poor thing tried her best to listen to what Sihyeon was saying and not fall asleep at the table. 

 

“Yoorim?”

 

“Hm?” 

 

“What’s wrong, you look like you’re about to collapse?”

 

A hand went onto her forehead, and it was such a touch of concern that it made the brown-haired woman smile. Sihyeon really is very sweet, kind, caring, considerate, just some of the qualities that had drawn Yoorim to her. Not to mention the obvious, the girl was simply breathtaking, with movie star looks, big brown eyes, full lips, and the sort of smile that was contagious. Even though Sihyeon swears it’s Yoorim’s smile that made her the weakest, Yoorim simply doesn’t agree at all. Maybe she’s just that whipped for her.

 

“Had trouble sleeping.” Yoorim admits.

 

Sihyeon’s touch seems to get even more gentle. Yoorim leans even further into her and finds that she hopes it never ends. 

 

“What kept you awake last night?”

 

Sihyeon sounds worried about her, and judging by the look on the auburn-haired girl’s face, she is just as worried as she sounds. Sihyeon doesn’t like to hear that something is troubling her girlfriend. Yoorim is usually so confident, assured, and the one who makes her feel better when she feels down. If there’s any way she can be of help to her girlfriend now, then of course Sihyeon will, if Yoorim will talk to her. She grabs one of her slightly larger hands into her own.

 

“Yoorim, I can’t help if you don’t tell me what kept you up last night.”

 

Now would be the perfect time to simply tell her girlfriend that she was up thinking of how she could make this year’s birthday special, only something about that doesn’t seem quite right. Yoorim wouldn’t want for Sihyeon to think that it was her fault or anything, when it’s not. Besides, she would much rather see the look of surprise on Sihyeon’s face when she is blown away on her birthday, that is if she can think of a way to blow her away, of course.

 

“Work,” Yoorim admits. “Work things on my mind, it’s been hectic lately.”

 

“Well, when you’re running a company all by yourself.” Sihyeon teases and cups her cheeks in her hands, before kissing her lips, it’s an exaggeration. Yoorim might be a young heiress and next in line to be CEO, so she is working like she is the CEO already, but she is definitely not running a company all by herself. Sihyeon is only talking like a proud girlfriend, but then again, Yoorim does the same thing since she is indeed dating the one and only actress Kim Sihyeon, why not brag about each other when the opportunity presents itself.

 

“I am not.”

 

“I’m just saying, one day when you make me a rich CEO’s wife, you should hire more staff, so you don’t forget to spend more time with me.”

 

“What?” Yoorim’s face is red and Sihyeon realizes what she said and how it sounded exactly, her face gets just as red as Yoorim’s. She basically said she wants to be Yoorim’s wife and it’s not like she wouldn’t want that one day, only she hadn’t meant to say it out loud. She blushes even harder because Yoorim has such a smug look on her face as she grabs her hands into her own and places kisses on them.

 

“Is that a proposal, Syeon? Do you want to be Mrs. Heo?”

 

“Ah,” Sihyeon laughs. “Maybe, if you ask me properly, I’d consider it.”

 

Yoorim could easily point out the fact that it was Sihyeon who first said the word wife, but she decides to humor her girlfriend.

 

“Alright, I’ll ask you properly, when you least expect it.” 

 

That of course, takes Sihyeon by surprise. The other girl is so speechless that Yoorim can only laugh, at least she knows whenever she chooses to propose to her, it would be a complete surprise. 

 

“Hey, I could propose to her for her birthday!” She thinks for a split second, only deep down knows that’s certainly not anything they’re ready for, not yet. One day, sure, she’d like to make Kim Sihyeon her wife, but not yet. All she has to do for now is make her birthday a great one. There’s lots of ways she could go about that, romantic dinner? Have a birthday message written out in the sky? There’s all sorts of ways, only nothing feels like the right one.

 

“What are you thinking about?” Sihyeon sees that she’s zoning out again. 

 

“Thinking about how gorgeous you’d look in your wedding dress.”

 

“You…” another blush appears over Sihyeon’s face. It should worry her how easy Yoorim makes her blush, or makes her feel like the most special person ever, but yet she feels lucky more than anything. How did she get so lucky to have Yoorim? She doesn’t know the answer to that sometimes, she and Yoorim just seemed to naturally connect, and the next thing she knew she was accepting a date. That one date led to another, and more dates to the eventual start of their relationship. Yoorim was too cute when she had asked her to be her girlfriend, there was really no way Sihyeon could have said no. There are times, Sihyeon even still plays that conversation in her mind to this day.

 

(Flashback)

 

This was their fourth date so far, and as usual it was a lovely evening. Sihyeon knows she has never had a better time out with anyone else, and it’s all because Yoorim treats her to anything she could want, paying for anything on their dates, and showing up with flowers, candies, sometimes both. They also complimented each other very well, similar in personality, but with fun differences too, that there was never a dull moment. The two of them were leaving the restaurant where Yoorim once again paid for their dinner, even though as the older of the two Sihyeon did insist to pay for at least this dinner, but Yoorim wouldn’t hear of it. 

 

“Hey, want to take a walk, it’s a nice night?” Yoorim makes a suggestion, since it is a nice night, and the park nearby is perfect for late night strolls. Sihyeon agrees and takes the slightly taller girl’s offered hand. She enjoys the way Yoorim’s hand feels with her own, like a perfect fit, as if their hands were meant to be held by each other. Sihyeon probably doesn’t enjoy it as much as Yoorim who is super affectionate and finds any excuse to place kisses against her hands, as if she is her girlfriend already, which Sihyeon finds adorale. They were already friends to begin with, before Yoorim had even started to ask her out on dates, so Sihyeon was already familiar with how physically affectionate the slightly younger girl was, and didn’t want to think anything of it. However, looking back, Sihyeon realizes that Yoorim’s affection toward her is different compared to how she is with other people. Yoorim just treated her special.

 

“All this kissing you’re doing and you’re not even my girlfriend yet, what will you do when you are.” Sihyeon asks in an amused tone, and watches as Yoorim’s face gets rather red. 

 

“I…” Yoorim pauses, now it’s not like she hasn’t wanted to officially ask Sihyeon out. She hated to admit it, since normally Yoorim is bold and direct when it comes to most things in life, only when it came to Kim Sihyeon she finds herself sometimes shy and unsure. She felt like a younger teenager all of a sudden with a crush, on her cool and likeable senior who has lots of people that like her, which is true. Lots of people like Sihyeon, what’s not to like, the girl has such a friendly aura it’s easy to be drawn to her, just like Yoorim herself was easily drawn to her too. Does that mean she should not ask her out? No, it doesn’t mean she shouldn’t take her chances, because if Sihyeon wasn’t interested in her at all, she wouldn’t have agreed to these many dates.

 

“You know what, yes.” Yoorim says softly. “Yes, I want to ask you to be my girlfriend, Kim Sihyeon.”

 

The slightly shorter of the two turns to her with a small smile, she was kind of hoping that at some point Yoorim would ask, because if Yoorim wasn’t going to ask, Sihyeon knew she would have certainly had to ask herself, since it’s been four dates already and she would need to have an official girlfriend label to go along with everything sooner or later.

 

“Heo Yoorim are you really asking me to be your girlfriend?”

 

She smiles again because Yoorim is blushing harder this time and it’s the cutest sight to see a blushing Yoorim. By first glance, you’d look at Yoorim and think of someone who is y, intimidating, and confident, while she is at least two out of those three things. Because Yoorim is really a sweetheart, and not intimidating at all, there is nothing better for Sihyeon than seeing Yoorim being her naturally adorable self.

 

“Y-Yeah, would you be my girlfriend, Syeon?”

 

How could she say no to that, the short answer was no, she couldn’t say no.

 

(End)


 

Sihyeon comes out of her thoughts because of Yoorim planting a kiss on her cheek. “Now, why are you zoning out?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter