u | 2

unexpected | l. jeno
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unexpected

“I’m sorry, c-can you repeat that again?” Chaerin asked in a shaky voice. She first looked up at Jeno, who appeared just as shocked, then at her parents. The look in her eyes were begging them to just laugh it off and say it was just a joke, but her heart sank when she heard them repeat the same words. “You two will be engaged. I know the news is quite spontaneous, but this has been under discussion for quite a while now.”

 

It was hard for Chaerin to compose herself after the shocking news. She figured it’d be best to discuss this privately with her parents later. She couldn’t be necessarily angry towards the boys’ parents either, they seemed so kind. “You two are actually excused to leave now. Us parents will be discussing more about our future plans. We’d like the both of you to use this time to get to know each other more. Chaerin, why don’t you show Jeno around the house?” She saw how wide her father’s grin was. How could they be this happy when their own daughter wasn’t? Chaerin nodded at their parents, struggling to even fake a smile at them.

 

The two were awkward and quiet around each other. It wasn’t a surprise, they had just met after all. She led the boy into her bedroom before closing the door shut behind them. The boy smirked and chuckled to himself, “Damn, taking me into your room already?”

 

She immediately felt the her blood begin to boil. “Get your head out of the gutter. We just need to talk.” She watched as Jeno leaned back against the wall with his arms crossed. “Alright, our precious Princess Chae, what would you like to talk about?” God, his mocking tone and smirk was driving her insane.

 

“Don’t call me that! Look, I don’t want this whole engagement to happen, so just call it off.” She hated that he wouldn’t wipe that smirk off his face. She watched him take steps closer to her. Each step closer to her sent her a step backwards until she felt her back against the wall. Chaerin held her breath as the taller boy looked down at her, their faces only an inch apart. “What makes you think I’d do that?”

 

She felt her face heat up out of anger. “It’s not like you want this engageme

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter