u | 1

unexpected | l. jeno
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unexpected

A subtle grin formed across the girl’s face as her eyes noticed the device left on the counter, abandoned by its owner. It was placed on the counter beside its bag. Chaerin chuckled to herself and placed the camera back into its rightful bag and placed it near her own belongings. After doing so, she proceeded to sketch into her notebook. Everyone had left the room for what felt like ages ago. She enjoyed being the only student in the studio though. It was peaceful and quiet. She loved being in the right environment for her work. Chaerin would typically stay in the studios on campus all day if she had nothing else to do. It always allowed her the time to work on as much art as possible whenever she’d feel like it.

 

The girl jumped a little in surprise as she heard the door swing open so suddenly. In came her dear friend Jaemin, appearing stressed as ever. He was completely distraught as he entered. Her eyebrow raised as she noticed a boy follow into the studio with Jaemin. He definitely wasn’t an art major because she didn’t recognize him. As for Jaemin, the poor boy brushes through his hair as he stressfully searched throughout the room. “Oh my god, oh my god, Chae, I made such a dumb mistake.”

 

“How so?” She asked him with a little smirk forming. The boy was too busy looking elsewhere to notice the smug smirk she had on her face.

 

“I forgot my camera and I’m pretty sure I left it in here.”

 

“Oh, I saw it, but I assumed it was Johnny’s because he left with it.” She amusingly watched her best friend turn pale. His hands grabbed her shoulders and he began shaking her. “Why didn’t you stop him, Chae? That’s my prize possession!”

 

“Maybe you should look after it properly then.” She told him with a smug smirk. The boy was crushed at this point.

 

“Chae, why are you being so mean? I just-“ The boy was cut off by her, making him a little more irritated.

 

“Oh, you cry baby. I hope you learned your lesson.” She bent down to grab the camera bag subtly hidden behind her backpack on the floor. She watched the boy immediately swap his frown with a smile as soon as he saw his camera bag. He grabbed the bag, hugging it as if it was his own baby. “Oh my god, I was so scared, thanks Chae, but seriously, don’t mess with me like that ever again.” She chuckled as the boy threw himself onto her.

 

“As long as you try not to forget so much, you idiot.”

 

“I was so scared when I realized I forgot it. I rushed all the way back here.” As Jaemin explained, Chaerin couldn’t help, but bring her eyes to the unknown boy standing behind her friend. Jaemin eventually noticed this and realized they didn’t know each other yet.

 

“Oh, my bad. Chae, this is my friend Jeno. Jeno, this is Chaerin, she’s the chick that I always tell you about.” She proceeded to smile at him only to receive an unpleasant, stern look from him. “Jeno and I were supposed to go out and eat, but then I forgot about my camera and dragged him here with me. Do you want to join us for some lunch?” She took another glance at Jeno before shaking her head. “I’ll pass. I have to come up with my next piece for the assignment.” She’d much rather be doing her homework than be near the boy she just met. He looked like he was ready to kill her any second now. She watched her best friend cluelessly smile at her before leaving with Jeno. She breathed out heavily as they finally left. Just the boy’s presence made her feel like she couldn’t breathe in peace.

 

Just then, she received a text from her mother. “Remember the family dinner we’re having this evening. Dress nicely.” She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter