u | 10

unexpected | l. jeno
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unexpected

*quick fyi this chapter has some...spicier scenes; no tho lmao*

The second party that they were required to attend had already crept up on them so fast. Jeno was hoping nothing would go wrong at the party this time. “Hurry up, princess. We need to go soon!” He shouted from the living room. “Oh shut up, I’m done already, .” She snapped back as she began to walk out of their bedroom, fixing one of her dangling earrings. Jeno’s jaw dropped in awe as he saw her. She was in a skin tight ivory dress, showing off her body. God, she was looking way too good for his own good. The male his lips as he eyed her from head to toe. At this rate, he didn’t even know if he could suppress his own emotions. He snapped out of his thoughts when he heard her shouting at him.

 

“Can you stop looking at me like that? You make me feel like I’m some prey you’re ready to pounce on any second.” He flashed his signature smirk as he approached her while she was busy checking her texts. A chill immediately went down her spine as she felt his hands land on her hips as he stood behind her. “Damn, princess, don’t you think you’re showing too much skin? You’re going to look too good for everybody.” He was so close that she could feel his hot breath hitting against her skin. He habitually gave her a kiss on the neck before he stepped away. Chaerin was still a little surprised whenever he’d so something like that, but over time she’s slowly learned to just tolerate his habit.

 

“Ready to go, princess?” He smiled as he held out his hand for hers. She nodded before taking it and followed him out of their home. She had to admit, she loved it whenever he smiled like that. His smirk makes her want to punch him, but his sweet smile makes her want to kiss- what was she even thinking?

 

“Jaemin said he’s actually there with his parents this time so maybe you won’t feel as lonely if I had to speak with some other people.” She nodded at him in agreement. At least he was aware that she didn’t fit in here. It made her uncomfortable. All the people were business owners or relatives of them. They could be nice or ruthless. Especially with their “engagement” being a big topic, the people were ready to find something just to ruin them. That’s just how businessmen were.

 

“You make it sound like you’re going to be busy hunting people as if you’re in a mafia or something.” He chuckled at her in amusement. God, she’s learned to love his smile and laugh over time. He was sometimes too cute for her to handle.

 

“Well, I do have to hunt down old men for business talks if that counts.”

 

The venue was even larger than the previous one they had gone to. She felt Jeno tighten his grip on her hand as they entered the place. Lots of eyes were already on them. Jeno knew they weren’t necessarily on them as a couple, it was more like all their eyes were on the girl beside him. He hated the thought of everyone focusing on Chaerin because of how breathtaking she looked. They walked around, greeting some people they knew and making sure to greet their own parents. Jeno was glad to see Jaemin at the party. His best friend left with Chaerin as Jeno proceeded talk with other people there. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter