Chapter 1

Sweet Lies

Minho’s interest for artists started when he saw a performance of infinite dancing to The Chaser. He started to take dance lessons and started auditioning to companies in order to become an idol. At first, he went to Cube Entertainment but didn’t pass the audition. After that, he tried his luck at several companies, gaining experience but also his desperation and level increased, until he was auditioning at JYP Entertainment. The evaluators seemed conflicted before they announced Minho’s judgement for the test.

“You’re very good, but we already have enough male trainees. If you were a girl, we’d take you directly in, but we’re sorry we can’t accept you into the company.”

When he heard those words, he was shocked and angry. Why did he had to be so unlucky? The staff told him he should come back in a year to audition, but he knows that it would be too late for him to become a trainee. His parents wouldn’t allow him and he knew that his chances would slimmer every year he’s older, because male idols usually could only promote until end of 20. That night he cried his eyes out. He was so close to finally getting into a company, even such a big prestigious company, only to fail so close before it, simply because he was male. Luckily, he only told his parents and closest friends in high school about his auditioning processes, so he wouldn’t have to feel the humiliation inf front of his whole class.

The next weeks go along just as usual, Minho sat together with his friends during break in the class room and talk about idols. Becoming an idol was kinda the secret wish of everyone but basically everyone was aware that they didn’t necessarily fit the criteria and therefore didn’t even try. Hence talking about it luckily wouldn’t raise any suspicion, though Minho received a few compliments for his looks here and there throughout his school days.

Not too far away there were some girls putting on make-up and were loudly discussing about all kinds of looks. Even though Minho was in his own circle of friends he looked up to the girls because they talked so loudly and his friends also noticed the girls.

“I wanted to put on that make up but I won’t have enough time for it, because I also have to remove my make up.” One of the girls whines.

“Just do it tomorrow or we ask another girl to become our model!” another girl suggests.

After Minho overheard that, he excused himself from his friends and walked over to the girls. He didn’t care how he’d look like and if he had become an idol, he would have to wear make-up as well. In order to feel a little like that what he will never become, he thought it might a least some kind of solace to experience it in school. The girls are very good in doing makeup, so they wouldn’t make a bad job.

“You can apply make up on me.”  Minho states calmly in front of the girls. The girls look at each other in silence for a moment before they start squalling, loudly approving the suggestion.

So, Minho sat there getting the full program and somehow regretting it. He didn’t think it through, because if the girls didn’t have enough time to remove the make-up, he wouldn’t have enough time to remove the make-up either and would have to run with the make-up on for the rest of the school day. There aren’t that many hours left, but still…

Some of his friends or other classmates would walk past them and make some remarks about the outcome. Some were saying that the make-up is too feminine, some said it looked good, some would pity Minho and make some jokes with him about his situation and some would just mind their own business.

The lunch break was almost over and the girls finished his make-up. The girls swooned at their result and praised Minho to look very pretty. When his friends saw that he was finally finished they walked over to assess the girl’s work. Visibly positively surprised by the result.

“Duuude, it actually suits you. You could totally pass as a girl.” His friends laughed. Some just staring mouth opened. The reactions weren’t mocking or anything which made him curious as to how he actually looked like.

“Claire, give me a mirror!” Minho demands stretching out his hand towards her.

When he saw himself his eyes widened up. He almost couldn’t recognize himself.

“Oh my god…..” Minho mumbles to himself.

“But you look very pretty!” Claire reassures him.

As Minho kept looking into the mirror, he had an idea and was full of excitement. The school bell suddenly rang and pulled Minho out of his thoughts.

"I guess you'll have to keep wearing that make-up for a while now! I wonder what the teacher will say." Some of his friends made fun of him in a jokingly manner. Just then it hit Minho and all his excitement faded when he realized again that he had to walk around with this make up for the next classes.

 

 

A/N:

Claire has absolutely no significance in this story. I just needed a name to make the scene more realistic. And I like that name so I chose that. But there shouldn't be any more ocs. :)