5 times they almost get caught and the one time they do 

counting all the ways (you make me feel like falling in love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Affirmative.” 

 

“Okay then.” Jihyo opens the door to the closet she found, peeking out into the bright light. She blinks, once, twice, making out Jongkook’s bulky silhouette, and he’s all alone, no VJ or camera in sight. That’s enough for her to open the door wider.

 

Jongkook slides in easily into the small space where she’s been hiding for the past half an hour, closing the door behind him. “Where’s your VJ?”

 

“Lost him in the fight with Kwangsoo.” She shrugs, unbothered. “It’s okay, there’s not much to film when I’m hiding anyway.”

 

“You really shouldn’t be hiding. What are you going to do with your screen time?” 

 

Jihyo snorts, finding it hilarious he’s asking her this. “Who cares? I was just waiting to be one of the last few before coming out.”

 

“Even if I’m one of them? You’d never win that way.” Jongkook grins. It’s starting to get hot in the closet, and Jihyo’s already a sweaty mess. He sweeps her stray strands of hair away from her sticky forehead, tucking them behind her ear affectionately. 

 

“I’d find a way.” She whispers, aware of how painfully close they are. “Where’s your VJ?”

 

“I told him to distract Donghoon for me. No one needs to know where I’m hiding.”

 

“That doesn’t seem like your style.” She frowns. He’d rather go all out and ruin Ha Ha any chance he got. “What’s going on out there?”

 

Jongkook scowls, irritated. “Donghoon betrayed me.”

 

“You should have known better.” Jihyo laughs, reaching out to grab his face as she attempts to lift out his lips with her fingers. A thought pops into her mind, and she slides her hands around his neck boldly. “You know, we might be here a long time...”

 

“And there aren’t any cameras around.” He continues, snaking his arms around her waist easily. 

 

“They might take forever to find us.”

 

“They might never find us.” 

 

That’s all it takes, really. His lips crush enthusiastically with hers, and soon she’s into his mouth while he on her bottom lip, kissing her deeply. She can feel her back hit the wall with a thud as she fights him for dominance, her lips tingling as he does all sorts of crazy things to her with his hands roaming her body. It’s frankly very hot, both figuratively and literally, because the closet was boiling and she’s never hooked up with him at work before. Certainly not during filming while someone could find them any minute. 

 

Just as this thought leaves her mind, Jongkook pulls away fast, silent, and she strains her ears to listen. True enough, someone’s coming. Not just one, maybe two people, judging from the chattering.

 

“Have you checked this floor yet?” Sukjin, possibly.

 

“No.” Jaesuk replies, his voice clear as ever. “But he must be here somewhere...”

 

Jongkook cups a hand over Jihyo’s mouth, eyes widened. They were probably looking for him. Sure, he could take them both down easily, but how is he so sure Jaesuk doesn’t have a water gun? 

 

He hates these concepts sometimes. If only he could just rip off their name tags without the mind games. 

 

Jihyo’s eyes brighten up once she realizes that they aren’t hunting for her. She smirks, holding his wrist while he tries to cover . She is not going to reveal him to save herself. No, she’s isn’t. 

 

“Shh.” He whispers, so soft she tiptoes to hear him better. “If they find out, they’ll want to know why you’re here too.”

 

This gets her paranoid. She immediately backs down, sulking, but nevertheless not making any noise that could get them caught. 

 

The footsteps get louder, and someone’s definitely outside the door now. They hold their breaths, afraid to move, neither of them making a sound. A few moments pass, and he’s thinking they might be in the clear, when the door swings open and light burst in, revealing them in a very compromising position.

 

“Oh?” Sukjin gasps. “Yah, what are you doing?”

 

“I was here first!”

 

“I found her like this!”

 

Jaesuk jogs over, delighted to find the scandalous scene in front of him. There are way too many people and cameras now. “What are you two doing here?”

 

Jongkook drops his hand from Jihyo’s lips, and she jumps apart, feigning confusion. “Oppa stole my hiding spot!” She complains, pretending to be mad.

 

“It’s not a good one if they found you!”

 

“They only found me because you were making too much noise!”

 

“Okay!” Jaesuk raises a hand, stopping the bickering. “We only wanted to find Jongkook because he’s the only one who can eliminate Ha Ha’.”

 

Jongkook sighs, launching into a rant about Ha Ha’s betrayal, and Jihyo steps out of her hiding spot to join Sukjin. They are still lacking their VJs, but they aren’t without cameras anymore. It’s back to the show and filming, so Jihyo re-ties her ponytail and listens to Sukjin’s recap about the last thirty minutes of the race.

 

Jaesuk wants to let Jihyo know that her lipstick’s smudged, but maybe not in front of the cameras. What on earth were they doing in there? He shakes his head — he must be reading into it. Jongkook’s hand was on , maybe he accidentally rubbed it off.

 

But then he looks back at Jongkook, and the man’s lips are swollen and was that... lipstick? The same shade as Jihyo’s, he might add. They couldn’t be... He can’t believe it. They are professional, first of all, and would never do this. Also, they aren’t dating. Are they? He can’t keep track anymore.

 

Jaesuk turns to make an odd comment to Sukjin, but the older hyung is oblivious as usual. Whatever. Maybe he is reading too much into it. Despite the signs being stacked up, Jongkook and Jihyo will mention something if they were together.

 

 

2

 

Kwangsoo swears that he will never go out drinking with his hyung and noona ever again.

 

Sure, he said the same thing the last time. And the time before that. Point is, he put his foot down. There will be no next time! He won’t ever agree to this unless someone else like Sechan or Somin tags along too. 

 

Jongkook doesn’t usually drink, but he’s had a few shots of soju in his system. His cheeks are slightly tinted red, and he’s louder and more talkative than usual. 

 

And don’t get him started on Jihyo. It took all of him to persuade her not to drink another glass, and even then he’s quite sure she snuck a sip anyway. She’s clingy and touchy when drunk, but does that give her the right to pull on Jongkook’s left arm like he was her rag doll or something? Probably not. 

 

Kwangsoo eyes them both exasperatedly, wondering how come he’s the most sober one at the table. Jongkook mentions something about Jihyo’s drama filming, and she brightens up, her hand lingering on Jongkook’s biceps for a beat too long. He doesn’t seem to mind, laughing playfully at her, flexing his muscles slightly as if he was putting on a show.

 

If Kwangsoo didn’t know better, he’d say his hyung and noona are highkey flirting with each other... in front of him. 

 

Then Jihyo leans to the side, laughing along with Jongkook, her head nearly drooping on his arm. Kwangsoo panics — he doesn’t want to be here when they both regret it the next morning. He jumps forward to grab Jihyo’s hand over the table, jolting her upright. 

 

“Yah, what’s up with you?” She swats his hand away, pursing her lips in annoyance

 

“Just... making sure you don’t fall over.” Kwangsoo glances over to Jongkook, who’s somehow equally irritated.

 

“Why would she? I’m right here.” As if to prove his point, Jongkook reaches over and holds Jihyo tenderly, supporting her back with one arm while the other squeezes her fingers. 

 

Maybe Kwangsoo’s drunk too, but they looked... cosy. Intimate. He shakes his head, trying to snap out of it. Did he accidentally drink too much, and now he’s not only reading into it, but also seeing things? 

 

He blinks quick, and opens his eyes wide, but they’ve stopped touching one another. In fact, Jihyo’s finding her chopsticks again to take a bite of their forgotten kimchi pancake, and Jongkook’s hands are kept to himself again, typing something on his phone.

 

Kwangsoo gasps — he’s the drunk one! His hyung and noona would never hook up. They were like two polar opposites. He liked to wake up early, and she never did unless she had a schedule. Someday

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter