Katara

Crushing

Okay, so maybe, he wasn't as awful as she had thought. Maybe he was only a bit misguided after all. He had odne a lot to prove himself; bringing her father and Suki back from a Fire Nation prison, teaching Aang firebending, not to mention, helping her find much needed closure of mother's death. Zuko had done a lot of admirable things, so maybe this warm feeling in her heart was just that.....mere admiration. Either that, or heartburn from eating Sokka's over cooked fish every night. She had felt admiration a lot that year, for Master Pakku, Master Jong Jong, even King Bumi, but this didn't feel quite the same. She hadn't felt this way about anyone except......Jet. Then, could it be that she was possibly......falling for Zuko? It couldn't be! But what else could explain the way her heart seemed to float in her chest every time he smiled at her? Or the way she always sighed as she watched him practice every evening, swooning over the way the light shone against his shiny brown locks. But if that were true, and she was developing feelings for him, where would that leave Aang? He had just confessed to her at the theatre the night before, and although she had not given him an answer, she could tell that he was still holding on to a hope of her accepting his heart. But she really had only seen him as a little brother; the play had got that part right. And to be confessed to like that, and now she found herself caring for a boy who might have already been involved, things were already confusing, and with the solstice so close, she could hardly spare much thinking space for that. Time would just have to tell.