100 days Chapter 1: Deal

100 days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjoo just finished her meeting with the board for her proposal to expand Kim Corp in Japan with the help of her trustworthy friend and business partner Sakura. The board was wowed on how Minjoo smoothly presented her plans and goals as the heiress of the company. Everyone applauded the 23-year-old brunette especially her father, CEO Kim Jinyoung who had a proud grin on his face.

"Minjoo-yah, I'm so proud of you. I don't have to worry passing the company anytime since it will be in good hands," Mr. Kim said as he ruffled Minjoo's hair.

"Arghhh Dad~ I just finished fixing my hair and now you ruined it," Minjoo whined with a playful pout. Mr. Kim only giggled at his daughter.

"But thanks Dad for trusting me. I promised I'll work harder to continue the living legacy of Kim Corp."

"I know my princess. I know you'll do great but you're still young. Enjoy your life. Aren't you too hard to yourself? Ya' know, go on dates—"

"Dad, you know I don't have interest in romantic relationships right? How many times do we have to argue about this?" Minjoo cut her father.

"Dad, I'm just fine on my own." The blissful atmosphere earlier is now gone. Minjoo has put back her business faćade on.

"But can you atleast give Hyunjin a chance? He's actually a nice guy besides his father is one of our biggest shareholders in the compa—"

"Dad, are you trying to marry your daughter off for money?" Minjoo furiously retorted. She was clearly offended by her dad's words but she chose to control her temper.

"No, no, no, Minjoo, of course not. I just want to make sure you're in good hands in the future. Knowing Hyunjin, I'm sure he will take good care of you." Mr. Kim tried to remain calm as he explained his side to his daughter. He was absolutely worried he might press a wrong button.

"Also, you know that your Mother is sick. She wants to see you happily in love and secured before she—"

"Don't say that, dad. Mom will get better." Minjoo's eyes were dull and hopeless as the picture of her sick mother came into her mind.
 

"By the way, I setup a dinner with the Hwangs later to celebrate our fifth-year of partnership. Hyunjin will also be there. Now, rest and prepare for later."

After hearing that, Minjoo suddenly felt nervous for some reasons. Nonetheless, she heeded her father and went home. The dinner is set on eight in the evening so she still has four hours to prepare herself.

Unbeknown to Minjoo's knowledge, behind the doors her father was already planning her marriage.



"Hello, Jaehyun-hyung, I talked to my daughter already. She may be stubborn at times but I'll make sure before this night ends she's going to be Hyunjin's fiancé," Mr. Kim claimed.

"Good to hear that Jinyoung-ah, ya' know, my son Hyunjin will do everything for Minjoo. You don't have to worry about that. Besides, this marriage will mark the merge of Kim and Hwang Corp." Mr. Hwang said on the other line.

 



When Minjoo arrived at the Diamond Hotel, her father and the Hwangs were already waiting. She was 20 minutes late due to heavy traffic.

"Good e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter