Much Needed Vacation

∞ Infinite Possibilities ∞ ║ One-Shot Requests Archive (2012-2017)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: pegase2311

Title: Much Needed Vacation

Main Characters: Kim Taeyeon (SNSD), Kwon Hyuk/Dean

Pairing: Dean x Taeyeon

Genre: Romance, Fluff, Comedy

Plot: You can choose any story line for me, as long as it has an happy ending also with the genre's I put and the keywords hehe

Keywords: starlight, sweet, AU, summer, Jeju Island, cute, late night talks

Additional Requests: A happy and lovely ending:)

 

Dean sighed as he stared at the flights being broadcasted on the large screens hanging from the ceiling at Incheon airport, the area he was currently located at. Why was he there? Well, it’s not because he wanted to be, that’s for sure.

To fill you in on what’s going on, let me just start off by letting you all know that Dean here is a music producer, so I’m sure we all know what that means. He works on producing music for famous artists all year-round. Not only that but he is also one who write lyrics for songs as well. He also happened to dabble in the music industry by making songs and such for himself, putting out his own music here and there while also featuring in some as well. Although, he wouldn’t call himself a big and famous musician like all the others out there.

Recently he had been working on a new song, though he was having a bit of trouble that was causing him to become a bit stressed out and was negatively effecting his mood and everyday activity, failing his progress in getting anything done really.

So, as a solution – that he wasn’t on board with – his manager suggested that he take a small vacation to recuperate himself so that way he could comeback with a nice and refreshed state of mind, maybe even possibly get some inspiration while on it. Like just said, Dean wasn’t too fond of the whole thing, but after many days of constantly being badgered by his manager to do so to the point that he was started to get irritated from him doing so, he finally gave in and let this so called meant to be relaxing vacation be planned for him.

Which is how we find him here in the airport, waiting for his flight to Jeju Islands to be ready for takeoff, and when they did call out those who were to board onto the plane aka himself, he almost missed the announcement through the intercom thanks to having his headphones on and listening to the base instrumental of the latest music he had been working on back home in the studio, thinking about what he could do to spruce it up and make it fit better with the type of sound he was trying to construct. Yes, this is the same song that was giving him a tough time, and yes, this vacation of his wasn’t going to put a halt to him working on it. Don’t let his manager know this – he wasn’t joining him on the vacation by the way, just Dean by his lonesome, though he didn’t mind and favored the alone time – because he just might flip.

The flight didn’t take long, being that the distance from Incheon to Jeju Island was only about an hour and fifthteen minutes long, so he mostly did nothing during it all, tossing some random movie in to watch on his laptop, though he barely paid attention to it. Possibly because he picked one that he’s seen countless of times before. Immediately, as soon as the plane landed and all the passengers were given the ok to leave, he collected his things from the overhead compartment and exited the cabin, being one of the first to get off and into the airport. For some reason, he just wanted to get out of there and get a move on with this vacation of his, not wanting to be in that plane or in this building any longer as he felt like he was suffocating in there.

He really wished he was back home in his recording studio working on some more new beats.

Coming out of the airport on the other side, through the front entrance, Dean sighed while glancing around “This is going to be a tiresome trip”

 

“Can’t drive any father then this sonny” the cab driver told Dean as he came to a stop by a curb that was about a block and a half from the hotel where his name had been reserved in.

Dean grumbled a bit from it, but none the less, payed the taxi man, grabbed his things – which wasn’t all that much, at least the stuff he had on him, since the rest was supposedly already there in his room – then started making the rest of his way to the hotel by foot. Like he’s pretty much been doing for the past so and so hours since this all started, he had his headphones on and was listening to some chill tunes from one of his favorite playlists, mainly focusing on the ground and not checking his surroundings and only glancing up and around a few times. All that he was thinking about was getting to his hotel as soon as he could to maybe rest up and have some time to his own in a room by himself.

Though, because of this, he had failed to see the havoc that was going on in front of him, and the next thing he knew, he had a mix of ketchup and mustard squirted onto his nicely clean white shirt, ruining it. Coming to a stop, dumbfounded by what just happened, he looked up and met the eyes of a women that was standing there, right away noticing the bottles of condiments being held within her hands – ketchup in the right and mustard in the left.

What was going down here in this area before Dean had popped up and got splattered with hotdog toppings was, said lady who caused this decided that she was feeling like being a troublemaker, and so she started off by walking up to the popular food stand that was outside in that area and just started creating havoc all-around, shooting off food items and other condiments like relish into the air. Those who were hanging about left in anger and panic, turning the hustle and bustle business that day from good bad, causing the owner of the stand to get highly upset and chase her around to put a stop to her foolishness. Though, in the process of the chase around, it seems like our good pal Dean here unfortunately got caught in all this mess.

When it happened, the women gasped while coming to a stop, like I mentioned before, hung open just like Dean’s. She’s not sure why she did though, considering that she didn’t care at all about any of the other civilians who were in agony from her actions. But all she could do was stare in a daze at him, that is until she heard the voice and source of the food stand owner hot on her tail “Hey!”

Eyes widening, she quickly sprinted out of there, running far down the street and releasing the ketchup and mustard bottles, letting them drop to the ground.

Dean watched her go until she had made a turn down one of the sidewalks and was out of his view, then he slowly looked back down to his shirt, heaving another sigh – it seems like all he’s been doing was a lot of sighing since this trip began – then, feeling a little upset by it, continued his way to the hotel where he changed out of his dirty shirt into a new one, plopped down onto the bed, and decided to just sleep the rest of the day away.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

Soon, the next day had arrived, and things were already starting to seem much better than the previous one, even though barely anything went on each day. His morning started off very nicely, waking up feeling quite relaxed and having some pretty fantastic breakfast room service brought to his room right away as well. Then, after that, instead of relaxing and maxing like he was supposed to be doing, he immediately grabbed his computer and hopped onto it. Once it was fully , he tried to open his music folder to continue editing and working on what he has been, only to be denied access when he tried to.

He tried again once, then a second time, and then a few more after that, but each time he would press down on the mouse, and beeping sound was heard and the words ‘Error’ showed up on the screen for a bit until he had done so to the point that a new message appeared on screen reading:

Hello Dean! This is your lovely manager speaking. If this message pops ups, then that must me that you have done what I expected you to and began trying to do more work. Now, I know you know this is a vacation, which means you should be spending your time by partaking in some fun type of activity away from your computer and the internet. Please, do this for me, alright? Looking forward to your return!

As if he couldn’t believe what he just read, which he didn’t, all Dean could do was blankly stare at the screen for a good minute before he huffed, reaching for his phone and dialing up the number of his manager.

As if the other male was expecting his call, the tone of his voice showed that he wasn’t surprised at all to have him call “Hello Dean! I’m guessing you got the message” it’s like he could hear him sporting a sly grin on his face through the phone.

Dean’s mouth and tongue twisted around in irritation – if you could see the look on his face right now, you’d easily be able to tell that he was not pleased at all “Why must you do this to me?”

“Because I needed to do what needed to be done. So please, at least try and enjoy your time away from home, even if for a little bit. Who knows, you might actually have a good time while you’re there and might never want to leave” he voiced with a small chuckle.

“I doubt it, but fine” anything to get this done and over with as soon as he can to get back to working.

His manager smiled “Great, I’m sure you’ll find that you won’t be wasting your time through all of this. Goodbye for now” and with that said, they both hung up.

Looks like Dean was going to have to head out and busy himself in some other type of way. So, getting properly dressed for going outside, he grabbed necessary things to bring along like his phone, hotel keys, and of course he can’t forget his headphones, then left his room to go and do who knows what really.

Walking down the hall and into the elevator, he pressed the button for the first floor, then upon arriving down in the lobby, he exited the hotel through the front and just began to aimlessly wonder around, placing his headphones on and continuing to listen to his playlist where he last left off with his hands stuffed inside his jacket pocket. Not even for one second was he even really able to get into the rhythm of his steps that were picking up when his mood was straight away ruined when he felt his arm get tugged back and his headphones get removed from atop of his head.

Alerted and in confusion, he turned to see who it was that had stopped him, and was very surprised and upset as soon as he saw the familiar face of the culprit. It’s not too hard to guess who it was.

There in front of Dean, holding onto his headphones tauntingly, was the same troublemaker girl from yesterday who messed up his shirt.

“Nice to see you again!” she beamed, though it was kind of hard to tell whether she meant that, was being sarcastic, or maybe something in the middle.

Dean disagreed, not finding it nice at all to run into her again, especially when she just waltzes over to him like she just did and steals his headphones like it was ok for her to just do whatever she wanted.

“Yo, give those back!” he demanded, reaching for them but she quickly pulled them away while stepping back, pulling them out of his phone in the process.

She waved her hand in front of his face as if to discipline him for getting out of line “Hold on now, not so fast. Aren’t you going to greet me back?”

He scowled “No”

Causing her to humph, frowning with her cheeks puffed out and her eyebrows arched down “Well then, to think I came over here to apologize to you about yesterday, but now, I change my mind” and she crossed her arms while turning her head the other way.

“Yeah right” Dean thought while rolling his eyes “Look, I just want my headphones back, alright” he said, trying not to raise his voice anymore after noticing the scene they were kind of causing in the middle of where they stood, those walking by sparing a glance at them, all baring different looks.

“I get that, and I will give them back…” and smirk slowly found its way to her face as she looked back at him “but not yet”

“Excuse me?!”

“I know you heard me. Once I feel satisfied enough, you can get your headphones back. So, let’s go have some fun!” and with that said, she skipped off, very well knowing that he would follow her.

And even though he didn’t want to be a part of whatever type of game this was that she was playing, he did follow behind her at a few feet. That is, after he realized what was going on after blanking out for a bit.

Rushing a bit to catch up to walk beside her, he said this “I don’t want any part of this childish scheme you’ve got going on”

She suddenly stopped, making Dean come to an abrupt stop in his own steps as well “Childish?! How dare you!” she turned to him with a playfully offended look “You’re not going to get these headphones back any sooner with that kind of talk” then with another hump, she strutted off with her head held high, Dean watching her and finding her unbelievable.

“By the way” she made a quick turnaround at him “the names Taeyeon, keep up” and she continued off again.

And this is how Dean found himself spending a day with a person that he had no intention of doing so with.

 

The first place that Taeyeon seemed to bring him to was some sort of cute trinket and accessory shop, a small one that stood at the end of the line of other shops and stores that were also around. Heading inside, the bell above the door ringing as they passed on through it, Taeyeon in a happy mood with a little pep to her step with Dean coming in after her in a much less bright mood, having to drag himself in there with her. Not really caring or really wanting to look around this mess of a place, many things piled up in there, he immediately went and stood off to the side, leaning against the back wall of the shop. Meanwhile, Taeyeon was obviously doing the opposite, going around and inspecting that which caught her eye and things she found interesting enough.

She gasped upon finding a penguin cap on one of the shelves “Dean, look at this!” she had found out what his name was earlier, a few minutes after telling him her own. Though, she had to result to threatening to dropping his headphones into the ocean if he didn’t since he was being unresponsive about it. Clasping it onto her head and holding onto the ends with both hands, as if to imitate a penguin, Taeyeon waddled over to him, staring up at the male with wide glistening eyes and her teeth biting down below .

“What do you think?” she asked with a smile, then bringing her hands down to her sides, she began waddling around in place, turning all the way around until she came face to face with him again, now with a bright smile “Nice, yeah?”

“Whatever” was all Dean said, not really caring.

“Mm” Taeyeon hummed with a content nod, not letting his negative mood affect her, then skipped off to go check out some more stuff. Dean’s eyes watched her go and he couldn’t help but smile a little, thinking to himself – even though he would never admit it – that Taeyeon was pretty cute just then, but then quickly stopped, not wanting to be seen doing so, standing there and continuing to look upset.

After a while of st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter