The Inner Beast

∞ Infinite Possibilities ∞ ║ One-Shot Requests Archive (2012-2017)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: infinexx

Title: The Inner Beast

Main Characters: Lee Jooheon (Monsta X), Yoo Kihyun (Monsta X)

Pairing: Jooheon x Kihyun

Genre: romance, wolf au, fantasy, kingdom au

Plot: This is about a (Jooheon) getting married to the prince, b (Kihyun). b doesn't like a at all. In fact he's a little rude if you want to talk about it. He is the cold prince that no one would dare question. Anyway, I don't have much but it should be about b falling in love with a after something happens. Idk, like he finally takes responsibility for his omega or something. Yeah it's pretty open ended just make sure b is dominant.

Keywords: red

Additional Requests: Nothing much. I'm just really excited to see how you write and may I get to keep the one shot later? Thank you!

 

Kihyun woke up today feeling the same way he does every other day. Hating everyone and everything.

“Out of my way!” was the first thing the young wolf prince shouted throughout the halls of the castle as he strutted down the hall in irritation after having finished up his morning shower “I’m not in a good mood!”

“When is he ever actually in one?”

Kihyun froze, his steps down the hall coming to a stop once he heard a few of the lower class workers – two males – mocking him followed by their snickering, thinking they didn’t hear him since they were quietly talking under their breath. But he clearly heard him, and he was most definitely not going to pass by without giving them a piece of his mind.

“Excuse me?!” he turned his head around to look at them with his piercing glare, causing them to look up at him surprised, and then a scary chill ran down their spines as he stepped over to them, getting right in their faces “So you think it’s funny that I’m always angry?” he asked with a fake growing smile, his canines showing. But they didn’t answer, and so he shouted right in front of their faces.

“Well?! ANSER ME!” it caused not only them to freak out, but other maids and workers nearby flinched upon hearing his loud voice. It wasn’t really a good idea to make him angrier, then he just turns into more of a beast.

“No!” they quickly answered in fear.

“No, what?”

“No prince Kihyun!” they corrected themselves, visibly cowering under his power.

He smirked in amusement, but he wasn’t completely satisfied yet “Good, now go make yourselves useful and clean out the gutters on the roof” he ordered, giving them a tough job to do for absolutely no reason but to make them work for talking smack; basically he wanted to make them suffer.

He could see the regret in their eyes for what they said and finding it funny before they scurried off; what were they thinking, doing so when he was so close, being only a few feet away from them. Well, that’s what they get. After they disappeared from his sight, he carried on heading down to the main first floor of the castle for suit fitting for the wedding.

Hold on…wedding? You’re probably very confused on where all this is going, not knowing of what’s going on.

The young wolf prince is going to be part of a wedding. As a matter of fact, it was his wedding if you can believe that, as he would be getting married to the fair Jooheon. Which would explain why he has been roaming about the place in a negative mood, though this one being worse than usual.

How about this? Let’s go back to two days ago, and then things should start making a little bit more sense than they do now.

 

Like I said, two days ago on Monday was when the King and Queen called in their wolf prince son to discuss an important and life changing matter that had to do with him, which he had found atrocious by the way. And yes, your eyes do not deceive you. Yoo Kihyun was not only a wolf, but one of royalty – prince of the Starship Kingdom to be exact. Only child as well, making him even more of a precious highness.

He woke up that day like he usually does, just like already stated. In his normal cold and angry state. As you can tell, he wasn’t really one of the kindest of beings you could run into, and was immensely rude as well, not caring about anyone but himself for the most part. Hearing word that his mother and father wanted to see him, the first thing he did after he woke up and took his regular morning shower was head straight for the throne room where they currently resided, thinking that they, along with the other same faces that he has come to recognize would be the only ones he would see. But that was before he entered inside and noticed the obviously out of place redheaded male standing beside the spot that he does.

Speaking of this unknown redhead, said male turned his head around to look at Kihyun upon hearing the door open and then close, the two connecting confused and wondering gazes, making eye contact with each other. Once Kihyun came to a stop, standing next to him, he asked the questions that were revolving around within his mind.

“Who the hell are you? And why are you here?” he asked.

To which his mother the Queen scolded him “Kihyun! Do not be rude! He has every right to be here” she told him. Meanwhile, this mysterious redhead just turned his head the other way, his mouth forming a thin line, taken aback by his first time with meeting the prince. He heard about his bad attitude, but he didn’t expect to be greeted like this.

“As a matter of fact, he is the reason we called you in here” the King stated, leaving his son even more muddled than a minute ago “Kihyun, say hello to your new fiancé”

Kihyun’s eyes widened in shock at this sudden news that was put out to him, not even being eased into it and getting told this info right away “WHAT?!”

Sighing, the Queen messaged her temple, knowing well in advance that this is how her son would react to hearing this “Must you be so loud?” she groaned, feeling a headache coming on already.

Kihyun reduced his voice down from yelling, but he was still pretty loud, like he tends to be “This has got to be a joke!”

“I’m sorry my boy, but it is not” the King said, the tone of his voice showing that he obviously wasn’t really sorry at all.

“I don’t even get a say in this?!” he complained.

“You know that you must marry, and since you’ve done nothing to progress with that, we have taken the liability of choosing for you. And you will go through with marrying him whether you like it or not”

The topic of Kihyun finding some sort of bride has actually been something of discussion for quite a long while now. Unfortunately for him, in this kingdom, it is required for the next in line to first get married before taking over as the new rulers, aka king and queen positions. And so, for the past few months that have had lady suitors basically audition by coming in and telling the young prince about themselves and the qualities they possess. This process of having to choose these low class females was a bore for the young prince, and eventually turned into a tedious task that he wanted no part of, never wanting to get married in the first place obviously. So he pretty much turned them all down, sometimes even saying no before they could even walk through the door when it was their turn. It really seemed like he truly had a heart of ice with his stone cold ways. That is why his parents took it upon themselves to take care of everything themselves, seeing as how they gave their son a chance to pick for himself and make the decisions, but he showed that he was not going to do so; their mistake for actually thinking their son would put in an effort to take control of something like this himself.

Lee Jooheon – that was his name, the redhead – was known as an omega from the opposite kingdom. He was no ordinary omega though, and was their most prized possession to the people there, and so it was a difficult decision on their part on whether they were willing to give him away since it was rare to come across one like him; of course they did in the end. Not only that, if they get married, and they must, that will help to build a stronger relationship between the places; I’m sure you know how that can be. It was definitely in their favor to go through with this, so it would be awful for their image and status if they refused. Not only that, but looks like this marriage was being pushed up on the dates and would happen sooner than everyone thought.

What everybody did know and was well aware of though, was how furious Kihyun was; he was completely outraged. How dare they make so many different decisions without him giving his consent on them. He didn’t care about how magnificent of a character Jooheon was. The fact that an oh so mighty alpha like himself was force to be paired up with this not as superior omega pissed him off greatly. And apparently, it seems that no matter what he says now or how much he is against all this, there was no way of getting out of this one. Poor Kihyun. Poor Jooheon as well, having to deal with his future wrath.

“Look! I don’t give a damn about this marriage! So stay the hell out of my way!” Kihyun instructed, then with that said, he stomped out of the throne room. If you looked closely, you can almost see the smoking fumes coming out of his head with how red – like Jooheon hair red – in anger he was.

Jooheon’s eyes watched him go until he was fully gone,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter