It's Okay

∞ Infinite Possibilities ∞ ║ One-Shot Requests Archive (2012-2017)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: Bloopgloop

Title: It's Okay

Main Characters: Min Yoongi/Suga (BTS), Lee Jieun/IU

Pairing: Suga x IU

Genre: Historical, Romance, Angst

Plot: Lee Jieun is the princess of her city-state in Historical Korea. She is innocent and sweet, and basically knows nothing about how bad the world is. There, she trains to become the mext queen. As she is the princess, she had guards. Her newest bodyguard is Min Yoongi, who is one of the most feared warriors in all of Korea. He is cold and professional, but as he continues to spend time with Jieun, (basically every waking moment) she breaks down his cold exterior and he falls in love with the princess. However, this love cannot come true, as Jieun is a princess and Yoongi is only a soldier. But what he doesn't know is that Jieun has also fallen in love with the handsome guard.

Keywords: Sweet

Additional Requests: Confession with kiss scene, please!

 

A new dawn, a new day, another training session for the princess.

Meet Lee Jieun, the princess of Korea residing right smack dab in the middle of Seoul. Today was like any other day for her at the palace. Today she was continuing through her practicing routine. What was she practicing? Why, to be queen of course. She was going to have to take over as the new ruler of Korea at some point in life, so it was best to get started preparing as soon as she can at her young age. But until then, her father, thing King, will be handling that business.

At the moment she sat at a table in the bigger than needed dining room, her private instructor for queen training teaching her how to properly act while, say, at an important event as well as table manners and which utensil is used for what situation. Jieun had no idea so many different rules like the ones she was learning just now exist, and found it very confusing to have many different spoons for different occasions, but none the less went through with it with no complaints. She paid close attention, quickly knowing what to do. Although, that doesn’t mean she was completely perfect either. Which is what all this was working towards.

Meanwhile, as this was going on – the servants bringing in actual food like soup for her to now work with – over in the fighting quarters, there was something quite magnificent to witness going on. Off to the side sat the King, along with his own personal men for protection, and he was about to watch one of the finest at work right before his very own eyes.

Min Yoongi was known as one of the most feared warriors in all of Korea, and almost all of the population was aware of his presence. He was fierce, stone cold, and overall a top professional who knew what he was doing and knows how to get the job done. He may not look like he’s the best, but that doesn’t mean you should underestimate him, cause then, you’ll just end up looking like a fool.

Until now he had been mindlessly roaming the land, going around the country where he would move from town to town, city to city, doing freelancing jobs and missions where he’d do things like take people down and turn them in for the crimes they’ve done. He had come to the capitol city of Seoul upon being requested by the King himself as soon as he heard about his high skill level. The King was the type of father who cared dearly for his innocent daughter and wanted the best of the best to be there by her side to make sure she was well protected as she makes her transition to queen status in the future. So who better to get then him. Also, it’s not like her current bodyguards weren’t that good, but there is nothing wrong with getting an extra one that they could fully count on all the time.

He wasn’t going to accept the warrior so easily though and wanted to see him in action. Yoongi stood on one side of the room, hand lightly grasping the hilt of his fake wooden sword and his eyes closed, waiting for the signal to start. Then on the other side stood about ten or more of the King’s current men who were not so bad themselves at fighting. Unlike Yoongi, they all stood in ready stances and were full on grasping their wooden sword hilts, looking at him with narrowed eyes.

The King glanced back and forth between the opposite sides, then a few seconds later, het let them go “On my count. One…two…three…fight!”

Letting out battle yells and cries, all the men charged towards Yoongi who didn’t move, their arms raising their swords up. Yoongi remained still until the very last second, then he blazed right through them like it was nothing. His eyes shooting open, he dodged the sword swing of the first guy that was closes to him, gutting him in the abdomen. Reaching up with his right hand to grab a hold of the sword coming down towards him, he twisted it around to not only rip it out of their hand but also flipping them over. He swooped his leg under one of them tripping them, kicked the next one back, and he continued down the line until all of them were knocked down to the floor, clearly not standing a single chance against him.

All those who were in the room stared in astonishment at the defeat of all those men, surprised by how easily and quickly the warrior was able to go through them. Even the King, whose mouth hung open in shock, was blown away by how he did so without even being touched or harmed. His opened mouth spread out into a satisfied smile and he got up – his bodyguards doing the same – going over to Yoongi to give him the position.

“Outstanding! You, boy, have got the job! You must work here!” he told him, very happy about the results he’s seen.

Yoongi didn’t express any excitement or type of emotion and simply just nodded, accepting his new permanent job of playing the role as one of princess Jieun’s new bodyguard “Yes sir” he was bound to settle down in one spot at one point, and guess that time has come now. Not like he minds though.

Not only would he be one of the princess’s bodyguards, but he apparently was to be assigned as her personal protector amongst them all. That’s how good the King felt he was and how much faith he had in him to protect his daughter from harm. Meaning he’ll be much closer to her at all times in comparison to her other regular guards.

In irritation, he glanced down at all the groaning men, disliking how fast they were put down “And all of you, get back to training” he looked back up to Yoongi with a much more positive face and mood “come, I shall introduce you to my daughter now”

Giving a nod, Yoongi obediently followed the King and his guards as they made their way over to the throne room where he would meet her face to face for the first time.

Back over to said girl, Jieun had recently moved on from dinner etiquette to working on balancing books on top of her head in the library area. Her instructor said it’s supposed to help build a good balance within herself. So far she had done pretty well and was currently working on keeping five books staying atop her head without having them fall off, when one of the maids came in with a message.

“My lady, the king requests to see you” she passed on what she was sent there to say.

“Father?” Jieun unconsciously said, wondering what her father would like to see her about. Distracted by that, her concentration on the books got disrupted, and they ended up toppling over causing her to squeak because of being startled by them, her hands going up to her face. Her eyes wandered down at the books, some opened up to a random page on the floor, then up at her instructor with a guilty smile “Oops…hehe”

Her instructor – a woman – chuckled with a small smile “That’s alright Jieun, you’ve already done so well today”

“Really!” Jieun’s mood jumped up, her hands going back down to her side as she stood up straight, her eyes lighting up at the kind words spoken about her.

They nodded “Yes you have, the progress you’ve been making is excellent” slip ups like that were fine “and I think that’s enough for now too. Go ahead and see your father”

“Oh, thank you so much!” Jieun exclaimed happily. Then after giving her a quick bow, she jogged over to the maid that was waiting for her – her group of bodyguards getting up and following behind a few feet – and she escorted her to the throne room where she saw her father waiting for her with a mysterious figure that she’s never laid her eyes on before. Her mind immediately drifted to him, wanting to know who he was and what was he doing here? Fortunately for her, she would get the answers she was looking for right now.

“Hello father!” Jieun greeted the King, rushing into his open arms, the two sharing a hug “How are you doing today?” she asked.

“I’m doing just fine sweetheart, thank you for asking. How has your queen practice been going?”

“Great! My instructor says that I’ve been progressing really well” she told him with a smile.

The King smiled as well, liking the sound of knowing his daughter was doing good. He didn’t want her having too many troubles for when she takes over, so it’s good that she was picking up on things fast and knew what she was doing.

“That’s wonderful to hear. Princess, I have someone here that I would like you to acquaint yourself with” placing his hand on her back, he led her over to the right where Yoongi stood, now dressed properly in the appropriating attire he needs, staring at her with blank eyes “this is Min Yoongi, your new personal bodyguard. He is certainly a very competent and highly trustful man, and so you shouldn’t have any worries while he’s around” he explained to his daughter.

“It is an honor to meet you princess” he greeted her, kneeling down on one knee while bowing his head, then stood back up into the stance he was in.

Jieun inspected this new bodyguard of hers, scanning him up and down to get a good look at him. Blueish white hair, wearing all black clothing underneath his armor, and an expressionless face. She hadn’t heard about him before, and frankly there were many things she doesn’t know about, but she could just tell somehow that he was no joke and was truly strong.

A bright smile returned to her face and she bowed to him too, delighted to have a new face around the palace “Likewise”

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

The weekend rolled around, and Jieun got the chance to have a day to relax and take a break from all the royal training. So, as soon as she finished up having breakfast that morning, she headed to one of her favorite places to go within the palace area – the courtyard. As the princess, she barely was allowed to go outside, let alone leave the premises, so she loved whenever there was a time that she had permission to. This time around though, she was even more excited to head over there, since now she had somebody new to show it to.

“Come on, quickly, you’ll love it!” pulling Yoongi along by his wrist, she scurried down the tall pillared hallways outside, the bodyguard not moving as fast but was taking big steps to keep up.

Eventually they arrived to the courtyard, Jieun letting go of his wrist and taking a few steps over the small little bridge there overhead the stream of water revolving around. She smiled as she looked around at the scenery of the blossoming cherry blossom tree and flowers spread out all around it, breathing in the fresh new spring air as the wind blew by then letting out a pleasant sigh. She turned to look back at Yoongi baring a question.

“It’s it beautiful?”

He nodded, in fact finding it a pretty sight to look at, but not really focusing on it for he didn’t really care all that much. Looking at nature wasn’t what his job was all about after all.

Her smile grew into a grin, feeling content with his nod, then ushering him to come, she made her way over to her usual spot. While her lesser bodyguards stayed put by the pillars to watch her from afar, Yoongi of course went with her, going over the bridge and passing through an arch. They went over to the big cherry blossom tree in the center where she took a seat on the luscious green grass by its base, though not exactly right on it since the maids would have a freak out if they found her hanbok dirty form the ground filth. Upon sitting down, she noticed how he still stood, and a few feet away too.

“Why don’t you join me?” she patted the space in front of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter