Dating Rules

∞ Infinite Possibilities ∞ ║ One-Shot Requests Archive (2012-2017)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: pegase2311

Title: Dating Rules

Main Characters: Park Sanghyun/Cheondung/Thunder (MBLAQ), Choi Sooyoung (SNSD), Kim Jongdae/Chen (EXO), Bae Suji/Suzy (MIss A)

Pairing: Thunder x Sooyoung, Chen x Suzy

Genre: Romance, Fluff, Comedy

Plot: Choi Sooyoung is beautiful, smart and quite abrasive to most of her fellow teens, meaning that she doesn't attract many boys. Unfortunately for her younger sister, Suzy, house rules say that she can't date until Sooyoung has a boyfriend, so strings are pulled to set the dour damsel up for a romance. While Suzy already captured by Chen, and when Suzy told Chen her house rules, Chen's finding a way to make Sooyoung has a boyfriend and he found Sanghyun. Soon Sooyoung crosses paths with handsome new arrival Park Sanghyun. Will Sooyoung let her guard down enough to fall for the effortlessly charming Sanghyun?

Keywords: sweet, cute, real life, school life, friendship

Additional Requests: This story is inspired by 10 Things I Hate About You movie, here's the link. A happy ending. And it's your choice to make this one an AU or not:)

 

"Come on dad, please? Please!" Suzy stamped her feet like a little child, her hands clasped  in front of her face as if she were in the middle of a prayer.

"You know the rules." Her father sighed and his thumb before he turned the page in his newspaper, his round glasses sliding down his nose.

"But it's not fair! At this rate, I'll die alone. Is that what you want Daddy? Your little princess to die all alone and unloved?" She asked, whining. sooyoung rolled her eyes and moved the glass of orange juice to her lips, leaning against the table standing in the corner of the kitchen. Every breakfast was the same, a month and a half was left before the spring prom and Suzy, her younger sister, decided it was time to plead her father for permission to go with a guy rather then her friends as she did in previous times. Suzy was in her first year of high school and thus suddenly felt 'mature enough'. after a week of stright up refusals she  stopped asking nicly and started whining. sooyoung didn't understand how her dad had the patience to argue  about the same damn topic every morning and she was pretty sure her little sister's whining will soon turn into a capricious and loud demands.

"I'd rather not go at all!" She shouted and their father shrugged.

"Fine by me."

Her little sister's behavior annoyed her. sooyoung didn't understand what the big deal with all those parties were, I mean, High school will eventually end and who in the real world will care whether you went or not, whether you became prom queen or just chilled at home? Exactly, no one.

 

It's not like sooyoung was a shy and introverted wallflower no one of a students were aware of, quit the contrary. There is no doubt that the whole campus knew of the Choi sisters, each with her own reasons and circumstances. They both were ranked amongst the most beautiful girls in the school so it was no wonder Suzy was already getting so much offers to go to the prom.

Sooyoung on the other hand, didn't get even a single one, why you ask? Well ... even though it can be argued both susters are externally similar in their beautiful features, in terms of personality they are complitly different.

suzy, the younger, is often called the little angel of campus. Although she entered high school just eight months ago, she was able to conquer the hearts of everyone within the first week. With a sweet smile on her pink lips and her warm and pleasant attitude, it was no surprise.

sooyoung, however, was known as the white rose of the school, looking so beautiful and delicate, but as soon as someone tries to approach her she shows off her sharp thorns. While her sister was always empathetic, warm and nice almost to the point of sooyoung wanting to vomit, sooyoung acted more like a concrete wall lined with a thick layer of ice. not letting anyone or anything in. Sarcastic, blunt and generally uncaring of what her classmates think of her, it wasn't a surprise she didn't get an invetation to the prom with so little time left. But it's not like she even cared, if someone dared to ask her to the prom she would refuse or simply throw the invetation in the trash as she done so many times last year.

A frustrated growl came from suzy before she stamped all the way to the kitchen and stopped abruptly at the door, a little surprised to see her sister puting her empty glass in the sink. She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"Are you happy with yourself?" She asked annoyed, clearly intending to the fact sooyoung, as she used to say very often, 'is ruining her life'.

"Very." sooyoung smiled a bright smile  just to annoy her little sister a little more.

"Forget it, I'll take the bus to school!" She muttered under her breath before she went out of the kitchen quickly.

"Oh no Suzy Don't do this to me!" She called out after her sister, pleading excessivly, grabbing her car keys from the hook by the door. "Driving you to school every morning is he highlight of my day!" She exclaimed before slamming the door behind her and making her way to the car.

 

Chen was waiting for suzy at her locker as he did every morning since moving to this school six months ago. The first time he his laid eyes on this beautiful creature, he wanted to call her his own. His heart pounded with excitement and anticipation that maybe, just maybe, this day will be the day suzy finally agrees to go out with him.

He couldn't believe he was lucky enough to have her appointed as the student to show him around and accompany him back in his first day here. It was embarrassing, to say the truth, how he stuttered and couldn't form sentences due to the simple reason of her being way too beautiful for his own good. And if that wasn't enough, when he discovered she loved music and singing almost with the same burning desire as he does, he swore he'd found the perfect girl.

The problem came when he found out about her father's little role.

At first it sounded absurd.

 

"Come on," he joked as he escorted her to her chemistry class about a month after they become close enogh. "How hard it is to find a guy who wants to date your sister huh? Look at her! she's stunning.” He said like it was obvious and Suzy stared at him with a blank face.

"Yeah, even her attitude is stunning. Last time someone asked her out  she kicked him in the balls. The poor guy was taken to the hospital." She rolled her eyes.

 

Over time, Chen began secretly trying to find someone brave enough to date sooyoung and realized that maybe things are not as simple as he thougt...

He came back to reality when he heard a deep sigh and immediately smiled as suzy appeared before his eyes, his face shining like the sun itself.

"Morning." She mumbled with a tired tone to his great surprise, his eyebrows shot up almost all the way to his light brown hair line and even before he opened his mouth to ask how was her morning, she already put all of the cards on the table.

 

"So there is no way you can come with me to the prom?" He scratched the back of his nap in disappointment, his heart suddenly feeling heavy.

"Seems like it..." She mumbled with an apologetic smile and put a gentle hand on his arm that sent cozy electrical currents all over his body, oh how he wanted to feel her hands on his face.

"I tried everything I could.  I have my limits too and I'm tired of fighting with my dad every day." Chen nodded understandingly while he was walking her to her class.

"Why is your sister so difficult any way?" He suddenly asked, more to himself but it was too late, suzy has already started to answer him.

She just shrugged. "It wasn't always like that...she used to be really popular." She muttered to herself and a glimmer of sadness  flashed in her eyes. "But then our mother left us without even leaving a note or any kind of explanation... since she just changed completely. she dropped out of the student's board and left all the clubs she took part in.” as she opened her heart to Chen, her voice became weaker and weaker until it actually became a whisper when she realized she missed her older sister.

"Not too long after that all of her friends left her too." She took a deep breath and tried to pretend it wasn't bothering her, pretend she was stronger than that but chen got to know her a little better than that as he clung himself to her like a love-struck puppy.

"She sits alone in the cafeteria and doesn't really speak to anyone.” They stopped in front of the door of the school management. Chen sighed in frustration, Brow furrowing with deep concern. There must be something he could do to get his true love. God can't be so cruel to him, he can't just lay everything he wants in life in front of him and then just slap his hands away when he tries to reach out for it.

A string of female  high pitched laughter came from the Secretary office and chen automatically pulled suzy away when the door swang open.

"I wonder what's going on..." she muttered to herself as she tried to peer over his shoulder. From the office a tall guy with black tousled hair and a charming bad boy aura came out.

"Wow ..." Suzy muttered to herself with a small smile, clearly intrigued by the new older guy standing in front of them, shamelessly flirting with the elderly secretary. "I guess we have a new student." She touched Chen's arm, trying to get a better look of the new guy's handsome face.

"Oh suzy!" the secretary exclaimed suddenly with a smile, surprised. "Just the girl I was looking for." She walked toward them while the guy followed her without saying a thing, smirking at chen's dusaproving stare.

"This is park sanghyun. He just transferred to our school. Would you mind showing him around?"

suzy opened to answer with a wide smile but Chen jumped in before she had the chance  to agree,  not ready for this charming older guy steal his girl.

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter