Vanilla and Coke

∞ Infinite Possibilities ∞ ║ One-Shot Requests Archive (2012-2017)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: syazygirl

Title: Vanilla and Coke

Main Characters: Park Chanyeol (EXO), Cha Jaerin (OC)

Pairing: Chanyeol x OC

Genre: romantic comedy

Plot: Jaerin and Chanyeol always argue with each other even though they already married for several years. No one ever though they will last long but they did. Although they always argue but they also always make up with each other.

Keywords: sweet

Additional Requests: make it longer please and dramatic arguments. maybe few flashbacks. and a sweet ending.

 

The oddest concoction Jaerin has ever heard of was vanilla flavored Coke. Who made Coke into flavors that weren’t Coke? Who mixes Coke with other drinks? No, in her opinion, Coke was made to be Coke, and nothing else.

Chanyeol, on the other hand, loves mixing his foods. He mixed his rice with soup, his frozen yogurt with different flavors, his Coke with vanilla ice cream.

Jaerin stayed far away from that.

Chanyeol and Jaerin were opposites, who had fallen in love despite everyone’s beliefs that they wouldn’t last long; they fought too much.

It was true, Jaerin thinks at night, when she can’t sleep and stays awake watching Chanyeol sleep instead. They had even argued when they first met, over whose coffee it was that came out first, because the barista had only called the order, not the name.

Jaerin ended up taking the coffee, because her hand was on bottom. Chanyeol had laughed at that claim, but didn’t fight it either way.

Chanyeol was cute when he slept. His mouth would hang open, just the tiniest bit, and his hair would always be messed up from twisting and turning as he tried to fall asleep. Jaerin reaches out a hand to touch it, a wave of nostalgia hitting her heavily.

She sighs and turns back towards the ceiling. Had there ever been a time they didn’t fight every day? Maybe during their honeymoon phases, and just before they had gotten married. For the first year or two, they had gotten along well, without any mishaps. Then they spent for time together, and Chanyeol’s once endearing habits turned annoying. The way he would always be moving, never able to just be still. His eyes would always flicker around, looking for something safe to land on. Jaerin wishes he would just look at her when they talked. The way he would always be hurting himself or breaking something with his height and clumsiness.

But Chanyeol was Chanyeol. Jaerin had fallen out of love with his habits, but then she fell in love with something else about him. His smile, his singing, the way he would tell her “I love you.”

It’s heartbreaking, Jaerin realizes, how the things that once made her fall in love with Chanyeol were now the things that they fought over.

 

When they were in college, and had known each other for a few months already, one of their mutual friends had the great, mindblowing idea of trying to get them together.

That same friend also did not spend much time around them when they were together, screaming at each other over the littlest things. Stupid things, really, because Jaerin remembers that she’d just been so annoyed by Chanyeol that it didn’t matter what it was that they were fighting over, just that she was right and he was wrong. It must have been the same for him, too.

“Why are we even here?” Chanyeol muttered on their first date. Technically, it wasn’t a date. It was really a blind date, set up by said mutual friend.

“Baekhyun’s getting engaged,” Jaerin reminds him,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter