Better In Time

∞ Infinite Possibilities ∞ ║ One-Shot Requests Archive (2012-2017)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: 040514

Title: Better In Time

Main Characters: Kim Jongdae/Chen (EXO), Park Hyojin (OC)

Pairing: Chen x OC

Genre: romance, sad, bitter sweet

Plot: After the decision of Chen breaking up with Hyojin, broke her heart and left for good. After she left, Chen left after, wanting to start a new. But after a few months, when he had heard she came back, he had a strong urge of coming back to her. Using his lie that "he didn't love her" to friends who would ask.

Keywords: 

Additional Requests: Happy ending please xDD

 

The guilt was clawing inside him as he went about his ‘new’ life. Sure, moving to Seoul meant getting away from the bad memories, but it also meant leaving whatever he had left of her behind. It meant severing the precious trust that had taken years to build, and it meant that the puzzle within was no longer complete.

Her face still haunted him, Jongdae’s mind span, occasionally regurgitating a vision of crestfallen features, the tears that he itched to wipe away. But it was for the best, right?

Their breakup was formidable, it didn’t work anymore and he was confused, too many complications soured the sweetness of the relationship. So ironically, they both went their separate ways, Beijing and Seoul. However, no matter how hard he tried to admit it, his heart still sped up slightly when his eyes caught a wisp of hair that was similar to the honey brown shade that belonged to her.

His life wasn’t what he expected to be during his mid twenties, sure it was stable, but it wasn’t idyllic. His being was cooped up in a miniscule office that offered barely enough room to swing a cat.

The only lifeline he was given was that the majority of their friends were here, they’d planned ahead, hoping to start a family together and the location and apartment specifications were already discussed. Of course that wouldn’t happen now.

It had been three months, three months, ninety agonising days, two thousand one hundred and eighty four hours. How did he manage? He didn’t. The bitter taste of alcohol in his mouth reminded him of that, and the occasional crunch of beer cans on the floor too.

Jongdae sighed, slightly more annoyed than he had been this morning and swiped at his folders, slinging them under his arm and running out to catch up with his colleagues, they had a company dinner every friday, but seeing as it didn’t come at his expense, he was fine with it.

They had ironically picked the restaurant that he and Hyojin had frequented when they were still together, the layout had changed, but the lingering scent of spaghetti jilted his memories yet again. The congregation clambered to the table, leaving Jongdae and his friends clustered towards the end, the end of the ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter