silent love

∞ Infinite Possibilities ∞ ║ One-Shot Requests Archive (2012-2017)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Requested by: ptite-Shawol

Title: silent love

Main Characters: Kim Jongdae/Chen (EXO), Kang Ari (OC)

Pairing: Chen x OC

Genre: romance, angst

Plot: Kang Ari was deaf but no one know about it because she read their lips and acted like she could hear them. So she lived in lies. And then she met Chen, she didnt want anyone in her life but he was the only exception. He then became her first friend and her first love. But she didnt want to bother chen with her disability and ran away from him but little did she know chen know her for a long time but she never noticed him and he knew that she was deaf as well. But he acted like he didnt know bcus that was what she wanted.

Keywords: 

Additional Requests: They dont have to end up together since I wanted it to be sad from the beginning. So dont worry I didnt expect a happy ending.

 

A brush danced beautifully in soft , leaving behind trails of paint. Different hues of color came together bringing  the dull, blank canvas to life. Ari seemed to be in a trance as she let her hands do all the work, her mind somewhere else as she continued her masterpiece. Her once clean smock was now splattered with paint, but that was the least of her concerns. Right now, it was just her and her painting. A female entered the room. When her eyes landed on the busy figure sitting in front of a canvas, she let out a chuckle.

“Why am I not surprised to see you here again?” she spoke out loud.

Her question went on unanswered while Ari continued to be lost in deep concentration. The woman walked up to her. Placing a hand on her shoulder, Ari finally broke her eyes away from her painting to look up at one of her classmates. Surprised, she stood up and bowed apologetically.

“O-Oh, I’m sorry! I didn’t notice you come in,” Ari apologized.

“No problem. I should have expected it since you seemed so focused,” she said.

Ari watched the girl’s face as she talked, letting out a nod once she was done her sentence. Just as she was about to resume her painting, Ari caught the look of irritation and disappointment on her classmate’s face. Raising an eyebrow at her in confusion, she was caught off guard when the girl suddenly turned to her.

"Ari-yah? Can you please do me a favor? Can you run over to the music department and get my sketchbook? I seem to have left it in the choir room,” she asked.

“Why don’t you get it yourself?” Ari questioned.

“I have to set up the materials for today’s lesson before the rest of the class arrives.”

With a sigh, Ari nodded. Taking of her smock, she left the art studio and went on her way to the music department. Ignoring the hustle and bustle of the things around her, she continued to walk alone. The moment she saw images of famous musicians and musical posters on the walls, Ari knew that she was close. Passing a few rooms, she noticed the amount of instruments being played from all around her. Piano, guitars, flutes, violins, and more were all there. You would think that so many instruments being played together would harmonize together into a beautiful medley. But for Ari, that was not the case. The reason being that she couldn’t hear them.

Ari was deaf. She was living in a muted world. They say silence is bliss, but Ari would be the first to argue that it was all wrong. It was complete hell. You end up becoming just a mere puppet forced to carry out the motions of life in complete silence. And that was what Ari was, a mere puppet. She didn’t know how people’s voices sounded like. She read their lips in order to understand what they were saying. No one knew that she was deaf, and that was exactly how she intended for it to say. She didn’t want anyone to befriend her because she didn’t want anyone to look down and pity her due to her disability. She wanted to be treated normally like everyone else.

Stepping into the choir room, Ari scanned the room. Her eyes traveled across several singers, muted notes leaving their mouths. At least, to her they were muted. Feeling a presence behind her, Ari spun around to see a boy. He was average height with a defined jawline. There was something off with the way he smiled where one of the corners of his mouth was raised slightly more than the other. Despite being a stranger, he looked at her with kind, brown eyes.

"Hi! Haven't seen you around here before," the boy said to her with a warm smile.

Glancing behind her, Ari didn't see anyone and she turned to look at him again. It took Ari a few seconds to register what he said before she realized that he was talking to her. Pointing to herself, he chuckled and nodded.

"Oh, sorry. That's because music isn't my field. I'm from the art department," she said.

Little did she know, Chen already knew who she was. No, it wasn’t because he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter