Chapter 13

It's Always You

I gasped and stumbled backward, my cheek stinging. Yoori barked, "Nothing to worry about, my !"

After another lethal glare in my direction, she turned back to the girl's dormitories. Seething in anger, I pulled myself out from the trauma and followed her steps, grasping her arm, and wrenched her to face me. Everything halted for a second and I could feel all eyes on me. I felt humiliated. I mean, first of all, I'm her senior and secondly, I'm a damn prefect, for heaven's sake! Give me some respect. The only sound I could hear was Baekhyun's heavy breathing and his insensitive hooting on the hit like he was cheering for a goal. 

Yoori tried to turn away again, cursing incoherently. "Mirae, what are you doing?!" Yumi pulled my arm before I could punch Yoori's retreating back.

"The just slapped me!" I retorted indignantly, trying to break from her grip but she pinned me to my seat. I was surprised at how powerful Yumi could be at times.

"You know she's not worth it." She reprimanded, rubbing my back to soothe my nerves. "Let it be."

She slapped me in front of the entire common room, at a party and she's asking me to let it be! "But--" I thought for a second, making a face and realized that I would never want me to be like her. "Yeah. I don't want to stoop to her level." I answered still glaring in her direction furiously. I changed my mind turned to the door.

"Where are you going now?" Yumi asked again worriedly.

"To find Chanyeol." I replied while I added in my mind 'because I think they broke up because of me.'

I jumped out of the door, my breath heavy, and didn't have to look too far for him- my target was leaning on the wall, hands in his pockets and eyes fixed on the ground. As I approached him silently in the dimly lit empty corridor, he looked up giving me a what-the-hell-are-you-doing-here look.

"Um, hey," I said lamely. He continued to stare, raising his eyebrows. "So you two broke up?"

"Yep." He answered shortly like he didn't care at all. I lifted my eyebrow.

"Too upset, aren't you?" I said sarcastically. 

He just shrugged and said, "I'm sorry, but why are you here?"

That's a valid question. Yes, Mirae why the hell are you here?  "Well, you know...." I trailed off, shrugging.

"No, I don't." He said bemusedly.

I opened my mouth again. Well, at least he's not going to slap me. "She had your phone in her hand, right? So I don't think I would be wrong amusing that she read our conversation. It's partly my fault. And I wanted to apo-"

Chanyeol laughed right at my face. "What? Are you crazy? Seriously, I'm surprised how you could twist all of this in your direction. It's not anyone's fault if she can't stand me being close to another girl." I looked up. "I mean, I know we're not close." He quickly said and stopped for a while. "But after that fight with Baekhyun...I feel like I should have parted ways with her earlier."

I nodded uncertainly. "Okay. Everything aside, I think you're dealing with the breakup much better than Yoori is."

"Why?"

"Well, the minute your girlfriend-from-hell came back, she came straight up and slapped me," I stated accusingly.

He pressed his lips together as if stifling a laugh and needless to say, he was very unsuccessful doing it.

"Yahh!" I shoved his shoulder lightly and complained. "Thanks for the sympathy."

"Sorry" Trying to keep a straight face, he added, "No- no I'm serious. I mean she didn't even hit me !"

"Yeah, maybe if I had snogged her face off for half a year, then the outcome might have been different." I rolled my eyes and rumbled. We stayed silent for a second.

"I still can't believe she hit you." He said seriously this time.

"Yeah, right." I scoffed.

"And I can't believe I'm single," Chanyeol added. I looked at him if he was feeling dejected or upset but his next words depicted the opposite image. "Just think the number of girls chasing me from tomorrow to have a chance. Ahh!!" He sighed dreamily, making me wince at his inconsiderate explanation. But I still don't feel bad for Yoori, she ain't getting any sympathy from me ever.

I shook my head leaning against the wall too. What an insensitive prick. "Guess what?"

 His head whipped in my direction.

"Baekhyun offered to kiss me at midnight."

He only stared at me.

"Uhh that, again, was a joke. Where is your sense of humor, man?" I groaned, stomping my feet on the ground.

"No, no I'm just wondering if we should go ask the other guys too if they want to kiss you so you'll have a complete set by midnight." He smirked wickedly.

I rolled my eyes. "I have no interest in kissing Junmyun or Baekhyun or anyone to be exact. By the way, you skipped yourself from the equation." 
, , holy . Why did I have to say that? It will make him think I want to kiss him. What the hell are you up to, Mirae? You've got a boyfriend now!

Thankfully he didn't take it that way. "Oh, no I just figured that you'd rather jump into an ocean and feed yourself to the sharks than kiss me so I left myself out." I immediately recognized that he was stating my exact words from our previous years when he had joked about kissing me once and I had snapped at him saying that.

"You know me so well," I replied grinning.

He bowed dramatically and spoke, "Let's get back. You never know how many midnight kiss proposals and break-ups we might have missed standing out here."

I chuckled and made my way to the door when he grabbed my arm suddenly, "Just check if Yoori is still in there."

"Coward," I commented. "And I'm the one who got slapped."

"And I feel like mine's coming soon." He jabbed his finger back to the common room and said, "Just check, will ya?" 

Noticing no Yoori, I muttered, "You're clear."

Just as we entered, Baekhyun stumbled towards us and yelled. "Ahh, the'e you are! I've been lookin' all ove' for ya." 

Another voice rang out, "I thought you were going to miss it!" Yumi exclaimed with Andrew trailing behind her and both looked too drunk for their good.

"Miss what?"

Junmyun, who also seemed a little tipsy judging from his loud hiccups, pointed at the screen which showed 00:00:30. I gasped. And soon enough the traditional countdown started. 

"Ten! Nine! Eight! Seven!" I joined in, glancing at the three hosts who were screaming with all their might, arms wrapped around each other's shoulders. I really hoped Jinyoung could have made it and been here. But oh well. Let's not begin the New Year with regrets.

"Six! Five! Four! Three! Two! ONE! Happy New Year!" The jovial cry echoed in the entire room and a thousand pounds of confetti poured on us making me jump in surprise. Party poppers cracked and the thundering noise of fireworks could be heard from outside and most of the people rushed to the windows to witness the colorful display. Everyone was celebrating. Some were having a group hug like the trio and others just stood there like me taking in the surroundings and feeling happier than anything in the world. This is my first time attending a New Year's party and I loved it. Andrew dipped Yumi in a rather unsteady kiss and I was shocked how they didn't fall. Next, both of them ambushed me and kissed me rather sloppily on my cheeks, one on each side. 

"Here's your chance, miss," Chanyeol said in a low voice, mischievously pointing towards the other two pranksters and I rolled my eyes. I had hardly recovered from the first attack when Baekhyun and Junmyun both swooped down and kissed me again on the cheeks while Chanyeol started hooting like a monkey taking out his phone to capture the embarrassing moment.

I squealed as Baekhyun started tickling me. But I don't have to protest too hard as one smack on the head from Chanyeol was all it took and Baekhyun slumped on the ground, completely passed out.

"Happy New Year." Grinning from ear to ear, I said to Chanyeol because he was the only one who was sober enough to acknowledge it. He nodded, beaming, and returned the sentiment, giving my shoulder a friendly squeeze.

---------------

I got up early on the first day of the year, probably the earliest. At least it was early as compared to the other students who'd been highly intoxicated from the previous night. When I stepped into the deserted common room, I was surprised to see how messed up it was. Chairs were thrown off and cups and plastic plates were laying on the ground. Confetti laid on the floor like a carpet. Everything was out of order. I sighed heavily at the poor condition with my sense of responsibility kicking in. Grabbing the broomstick from the storeroom, I started sweeping around the room. 

"Somehow, I just knew you were going to be here." a voice interrupted.

My head snapped, sharply hitting the table above it. I gasped in pain and stood up from my crouching position, rubbing the sore spot on my head. The source of the voice hurried in my direction and asked anxiously, "Are you okay? I'm sorry. Didn't mean to scare you."

"No, it's fine. Just a scratch." I replied, smiling a little to Jinyoung who was still peering at my head with a concerned look. "And what was that supposed to mean?"

"I had a feeling that as soon as you'll wake, you wouldn't be able to resist cleaning up the mess. And since I was up too, I thought maybe I could help." He answered bending down to straighten up the chairs. I smiled at his considerate thoughts, feeling proud I like someone like him.

He walked over to me and may I mention that he was very close. So close that I had to hold my breath for a second. 

"Happy New Year, by the way." He whispered in my ear, my messed-up hair. "You have no idea how much I wanted to be with you last night at 12 and start our first year beside you. I'm sorry it couldn't work like that."

The way he said 'our first year' made me want to jump in excitement all around the school. I smiled widely and replied, "Don't be sorry. There are more opportunities to come." 

He nodded and went to work. "So anything new happened in my absence last night?"

My breath caught in my throat. Is he checking if I'm honest with him? Does he know that Yoori slapped me? Or that I was kissed? Okay, it was only on the cheeks but still, some people mind that too. How in the world am I supposed to know if he minds such things? God, ain't I awful at this stuff?! I don't how to respond because it's definitely not a field I excel at. I thought for a second and replied cautiously.

"Not anything mention-able. A few breakups and tipsy kissers." I stated with a smirk, patting my back in my mind at how expertly I formed the sentence. He raised his eyebrows for further elaboration. But I was grateful for the new voice that interrupted us.

"Well, well! I knew I'd find you here, little miss prefect!" Chanyeol's deep voice echoed in the empty room. His words left me shook when I realized that was the same thing Jinyoung said to me. Now don't tell me I'm that predictable!

I turned around to face him as he clapped Jinyoung's shoulder friendly. He was still in his PJs and a baggy white T-shirt. I noticed Jinyoung hadn't changed either. Am I the only one who gets dressed first thing in the morning, even if it's a weekend?  "And what might be you be doing here?" I inquired.

"It was my party. I'm here to clean up, of course." He responded, picking up the waste cups and cutlery and shoving them in a plastic bag.

"Wow. Let me confirm: Park Chanyeol taking responsibility for something? Did that change come with the new year?" I gasped, feigning surprise.

"First time for everything, isn't it?" He replied as his hands moved swiftly on the floor, picking up the confetti. 

"I didn't know you were a morning person," Jinyoung commented, peering in Chanyeol's direction. It felt new to be cleaning the room with the two of them, I mean I've always been on my own in this type of stuff with the exception of Junmyun sometimes helping me out. What's with these boys these days! I mused in my imagination.

"I'm not. Especially not after parties. I guess spending too much time with you both is finally rubbing on me." Chanyeol said thoughtfully as Jinyoung and I exchanged a proud smirk.

Footsteps tapped on the boy's staircase and a very annoyed-looking Baekhyun slumped on the couch and shut his eyes with a sigh. I observed him closely, His hair was sticking out in all directions and it looked like he had a bad night. He was rubbing his abdomen and I was suddenly reminded of my own one and only hangover after Chanyeol's birthday and immediately pitied Baekhyun. He had large dark circles under his eyes and looked exhausted, to say the least.

"You're up early." Chanyeol shot with an amused smile.

Baekhyun lifted his head up and threw him a disgusted look. "That happens when someone steals the only bathroom to sing in the shower and you're forced to throw up in your ing suitcase."

Jinyoung and Chanyeol burst out laughing. "You cleaned up the mess, right?" I asked anxiously. Just thinking about the smell nauseated me.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "No, I left it there to commemorate the new year."

Woah someone's in a very bad mood.

I held my hands up. "I was just confirming."

Baekhyun immediately shot his eyes open up as he had just remembered something, facing Chanyeol, and sat up in his seat. "Sorry about last night, though."

"What?" He demanded with a frown. 

"I was looking through the playlist in your phone and I..... sort of..uhh left it around.  So that's why Yoori, um.. you know." Baekhyun said timidly. Is he acting innocent or is he really feeling sorry? I had a feeling the former is true.

Chanyeol was deadly quiet for a second. I was waiting for an outburst while a very confused Jinyoung looked between us waiting for an explanation. A sigh escaped from Chanyeol's lips defeatedly and he replied.

"You told me that now on purpose, didn't you? Because I can't hate you when you look so pathetic."

Baekhyun glared at his friend, stuck out his tongue but said nothing in return probably because he had no energy to respond. Though when Chanyeol turned around to throw the plastic bag, I certainly didn't miss the conspirational wink his wasted friend shot me. 

-------------- 

"I think I just threw up everything I've eaten in my whole life." Junmyun groaned in pain as we were digging in our plates at dinner time. He looked at Baekhyun with horror, "I can't believe you can eat right now. Don't you feel like puking or anything?"

Baekhyun who was busy peeling off every edible piece off of a drum stick lifted his head up and replied with his mouth full, "I can always eat." 

It was a very familiar scene after a party. Although it's rare to get a 'drunk Junmyun' still it's funny all the same. I would like to see how Chanyeol is when he's drunk sometime soon but I guess I wouldn't have to wait a lot for that incredibly enjoyable experience. Students were finally returning from home and my eyes would fix on every incoming group for Sehun. I haven't seen him for a while though I have no idea where we stand right now. Either we're back steady or if there are still things to clear. Every uncertainty aside, I was dying to see him. 

"What happened to your promise?" Jinyoung asked the prefect. "About not drinking?"

"Huh, I never said about not drinking again. I said that I would drink less to be exact." Junmyun replied provoking a few chuckled from others. Jinyoung rolled his eyes.

He spotted a teacher he wanted to consult and left without a word. Taking the opportunity, I started slowly, "Speaking of promises or rather bets...." and quickly shuffled in my pocket for 500 Won handed it to Chanyeol who looked confused for a few seconds but sat up straight in his chair, flashing me a victorious grin.

"Oh-my-god-he-asked-you-out!!!" Yumi exclaimed all in one breath. "Why didn't you tell me?!"

Baekhyun gasped in shock and shot a confused look towards Chanyeol. "Who the hell asked her out?"

"Sorry, I think it just slipped my mind after the whole drama from last night." I apologized to Yumi.

"Wait, who asked her out?" Junmyun asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Jinyoung!!" Chanyeol and Yumi both chorused in unison. I gasped at their high volume and my headshot towards where the man of the topic was standing. To my embarrassment, their unethically loud cheers had reached him and he too glanced at us with a confusing look and raised his eyebrows. He flashed me a smile and returned to his conversation.

"Keep it down, will you!?" I hushed the over-excited teenagers beside me who were fretting like it was them who got asked out.

"Oh, please. Show some excitement, will ya?" Baekhyun pushed my shoulder lightly with his glass.

"I am excited, thank you very much." I huffed.

Chnayeol leaned forward and pointed at someone two benches away from us. "See that one?" We all looked back and found a beautiful girl there, her hair was long and dyed pink from the ends. "She asked me out this morning."

Junmyun rolled his eyes. "Don't tell me--"

"Worry not, my friend." Chanyeol thumped his back. I intervened, "So you're dating her?"

"Nopes. I turned her down." He shrugged. He dramatically placed his hand on his heart, it almost looked comical. "Told her that I was already so broken-hearted over my break up that I needed my space for some time, she understood quickly, even offered to do my vacation assignments!" The boys broke into laughter while Yumi and I exchanged a dry look. We both knew how heartbroken Chanyeol was yet he still ended up with all the female student body sympathizing over him.

After a minute, Junmyun added teasingly, "But hey, today's Mirae's day. Don't steal her spotlight. The girl got asked out for heaven's sake!"

"Oh come on--"

" You have to share the details!" Baekhyun rested his elbow on the table, smiling excitedly. "Like for starters, tell me how he did it?"

"Did what?"

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "How he asked you out? And when? All the cheesy stuff."

I gasped in astonishment. "I'm definitely not sharing all that with you. It's girl talk." I added to Yumi. "We'll talk in privacy, okay?" I smiled when she bobbed her head up and down excitedly. The three of them backed down with a sullen expression.

Baekhyun pouted, "Fine, don't tell us. I thought Jinyoung would have good taste. Poor boy doesn't know who he's stuck with."

----------------

I focused my attention on the vast land of the grounds. Despite looking for him for over an hour, I failed miserably. Fixating my gaze for the last time and finding no sign of him, I sighed inwardly and left. ledMy feet unknowingly led me to the Arts Department. I've only patrolled here before but I hoped to find him here. Suddenly a laugh echoed in the corridor which I immediately recognized as Sehun's. Smiling widely, I turned towards the source. 

I stopped abruptly when I spotted him with a dance instructor. The guy must be praising him because Sehun's ears were turning red, his eyes twinkling. I was glad to see that he was healthier and his skin brighter since the last time I had seen him. It was obvious that he was taken good care of. I waited for a moment until I saw him bow to his teacher respectfully. I slowly stepped closer to him to watch his smile wipe clean from his face upon seeing me.

"Hello. How were winter breaks?" I greeted, an unsure smile sitting on my lips. He seemed to relax a little and responded.

"They were good. Yours? You weren't at home for much time, were you?" He asked. I'd almost forgotten he lived across my street but I thought he was staying with his aunt so I never tried to reach him out.

"Hmm. I returned earlier." I came to a halt. I opened my mouth to continue but my mind was blank. Seriously, it's so shameful. Having no idea what to say to him. He's my best friend. Okay, maybe not best friend but he is still a friend and nothing is more painful than losing your childhood companion to anything else. It shouldn't be this awkward chatting with a close friend. He also seemed to be battling with himself to say something. Encouraging myself, I spoke up.

"How's uncle doing?" 

His expression distorted in seconds, changing into pain and anxiety. "Not so well." 

My eyes widened in surprise and I replied quickly. "Oh, I'm so sorry. What happened?...I-I'll visit him someti-" 

"No, don't."

Sehun's response shut me up immediately. I raised my eyebrows and he shifted awkwardly and replied, "Look, it's better if you don't go and see him now. He- he isn't exactly healthy these days and I don't want you to see him that way. Plus, he isn't allowed to see many visitors. You can pay him a visit later. I'll inform you when he's okay." He stopped and added in a shaky voice. "Hopefully."

Worry was taking over me. He wasn't telling me anything. Neither was I allowed to go and check on his father myself. All the same, I walked nearer to him and patted his shoulder reassuringly.

"He'll be okay." 

He smiled a little. His eyes wandered to the little bump on my head and he brought his dainty fingers towards it it lightly with a chuckle and left after a minute, leaving me as confused about our sour relationship as I was before meeting him.

---------------

"It's kind of weird, isn't it? I asked Yumi, feet dangling from the bed. "To got out with someone I don't even know?"

She lifted her head from my wardrobe and gave me a frustrated look, "Mirae, you don't have to know someone to like them or date them or pretty much do anything with them."

"But it's weird for me, right?"

"You'll get used to it." She assured me. Turning towards me she grabbed my cheeks and shrieked delightfully, "Oh I'm so proud of you Mirae! You became friends with Chanyeol, learned to tolerate Baekhyun, and got yourself a boyfriend, you haven't had this progress in years!"

I beamed and hit her head lightly, "Ya phabo! I'm not a child. You seriously sound like my mother."

She grinned in return and handed me my clothes. It was Sunday morning, my first date with Jinyoung. He had properly asked me out last night and we decided to meet today and spend a day out. To say that I was thrilled, was an understatement. I was unable to sleep soundly all night. Just the thought of going out with a guy was giving me goosebumps and my crazy mind kept imagining situations we'd be in. Like what we'll talk about or dishes we'll eat. If there will be any skinship or not. But only time can tell us that. Both Yumi and I, for once, had agreed that a pair of jeans, a coat, and a blue cashmere sweater would do fine for a first date. She thankfully agreed on wearing no makeup, except for chapstick for my dry lips.

"Only laugh if he says something really funny or it might seem like you're trying too hard. And remember not to show that you're too nervous-"

"Yumi, come on. This is me we're talking about. I think you're more nervous than I am." I .

"Sorry, I'm just excited for you. And remember, I want a fully detailed report when you return. Get me up even if I'm asleep. But I can't wait for a second." She fixed me with a serious expression. "Arasseo?"

I nodded my head and promised her.

----------

As we reached the main lobby, Yumi happily skipped away with Andrew, while I looked among the crowd for Jinyoung. I tried not to concentrate on how hot it felt in my coat and gloves. I started fanning myself with my hand though it hardly made any difference. 

"Ready?" My head whipped at the source to find Jinyoung who was smiling broadly, standing beside the marble pillar with arms folded. He looked breathtakingly dashing in his dark blue sweater. I smiled realizing that we were unknowingly wearing matching colors.

"God yes- I'm boiling in here," I replied walking towards him as we stepped out.

I was glad that I was wearing loads of things once the cold air hit us. My teeth started chattering and I quickly shoved my hands in my pockets but after a few minutes, I started wondering if I did the right thing. Would Jinyoung hold hands with me? Ughh...maybe first dates weren't as easy as I thought. To my relief, he also put his hands in his pocket after a minute. I also noticed he wasn't wearing any hat.

"Bit daring of you, isn't it? Wearing no hat in the middle of winter?" I asked causing him to laugh. "Though I'm jealous of that. My hair sticks up like crazy when I take it off."

"Sounds exciting. I'll look forward to it." He paused for a second as we reached the main street next to our campus. "You're a 'Coffee corner' type girl, right? He asked with a hint of hope in his voice.

He was referring to the two most popular cafes near our school. Most of us would hang out in the place was pointing at. The other one was named 'Pink Ribbons'. Just the name of it makes me gag. It's all decorated in pink bows and pink sofas and pink walls. Hell, even the cutlery was pink. But it was still liked by most of the female population and those annoyingly cheesy couples. I wouldn't even want to go there on Valentine. Cringing at the thought of going there, I answered immediately.

"Of course. Don't even think of going anywhere else.."

He let out a 'phew' in relief as we entered Coffee Corner. It was an easy, laid-back lodging area with a wooden interior, dim lighting, and warmth in this weather.  "Thank god. Just the thought of that place makes me want to run back to my room and hide under the bed."

I laughed. "So you've had some bad experiences, huh?"

Jinyoung shook his head jokingly as he slid in a chair, "You don't want to know."

"Actually I do." I challenged.

"I think past girlfriends are a subject of the second or third date." He shook his head.

My stomach did a somersault excitedly at the way he said 'second or third'. Just the prospect of more dates with him was giving me the weirdest tingles. 

"So, fancy a beer? Or a whiskey- oh sorry I forgot you don't take the hard stuff, right?" Jinyoung smirked.

I narrowed my eyes. "Are you mocking me, mister?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"Not at all." He said breezily. "Wait a sec."

He quickly lifted up and moved to the counter to place the order. I didn't want to eat anything too expensive or extravagant. I hope he knows that. He came back with two mochas and a large plate of french fries. And well, I must say, I am no Baekhyun when it comes to food but I still couldn't be happier (or hungrier) when he brought our snacks.

"So..." He said with his startlingly bright staring in my eyes. "Tell me something about you that I don't know."

I opened my mouth to answer but I shut it immediately. 'I'm friends with Oh Sehun' was what I intended to say but that doesn't seem the type of thing I should mention on the first date. Plus I'm not sure if I'm still friends with him or not. Then why was that the first thing that came to my mind?

"Mirae?" He asked again, half amused and half concerned. "Is that such a difficult question?"

"What no- I was just thinking. Umm...okay so I hate mint."

God that sounded so dumb.

"Mint? Really? What's your toothpaste made of then?" He asked, sipping his coffee.

"Mint. And I hate every minute of it." I said making a face.

"Hmm, that's weird." He commented thoughtfully.

 "Well, I hate chocolate, not as strange but-" He continued.

"What do you mean by 'not as strange'? Are you kidding me? I didn't know it was even possible to hate chocolate." I exclaimed.

He laughed brightly. "And I didn't know hating mint was possible."

I grinned. "I guess we're even then."

-----------

"So where to next?" I asked. We had spent two good hours in the cafe chatting over french fries and coffee. And...surprisingly I had a good time. It wasn't complicated to talk to him and all you had to do was just to go with the flow. He told me about his childhood friends. And all the people he met in China on his exchange program. I enjoyed hearing stories about this guy in his class 'Wang Jia er' and his shenanigans.

"I don't have any place in my mind." He replied uncertainly. We decided to walk in the streets after coming to no decision. I forbade myself not to put my hands stupidly in my pockets again. He took advantage and held my hand. 

"That guy...do you know him? He gives me the creeps." Jinyoung said after a while and I whipped to where he was pointing. My stomach did flip-flop when I spotted Sehun who was just as surprised as I was...but then he shrugged and turned his back on me. Of course, he must feel weird too. Here I was holding hands with a guy, taking a stroll, and obviously on a date. Sehun had never seen that side of me. And back to Jinyoung...how the hell am I supposed to tell him? 

"Don't you think so? I heard he was suspended. I wonder why they let him back so quick." He added shivering. I clenched my fists at his words. Noticing my silence he stared at me. By now he must think I'm some goofball who keeps flying to her own world.

"Uhh Jinyoung... he is my sort-of friend," I answered quietly.

"You're kidding right?"

"I'm damn serious."

He looked taken aback with his eyes wide and mouth hanging.

"You can close your mouth now," I told him, laughing. I smiled still in shock.

"Oh, I didn't mean-." He apologized timidly. I interrupted him and waved my free hand in the air. "No need."

To be honest, my own brain started questioning myself. For the last three whole years, I had been arguing and fighting with the Chanyeol because he made fun of Sehun and never had to say a good word about him. And I never forgave him for that. And now... Jinyoung almost had the same sort of feelings about my former best friend but I brushed it off so easily. Isn't that unfair with Chanyeol?

Jinyoung and I strolled back to our campus just in time for the evening tea. I felt a tug on my hand and I turned to him. 

"I have to meet my teacher for my extra courses." He said dropping my hand.

"Oh okay." I nodded suddenly feeling stupid. Does this mean we're dating now? Is it something legal to ask? I just stood there looking at him and added, "Thanks for-"

"Can I kiss you?" He said unexpectedly.

My heart suddenly jumped to my throat, beating ferociously and I widened my eyes. "What!?"

"You heard me." He replied, grinning teasingly.

"I'm a rubbish kisser," I confessed, feeling nervous for the first time. "If that can change your mind."

"It doesn't. First, I don't believe you can be rubbish at anything. And second, I've been wanting to kiss you all day."

Isn't that too blunt?

"Oh." That was all I could say. Nor was I given any more chance to form any words because the next minute, He leaned in, held my waist with one hand, and cupped my cheek with the other. And before I knew it, his lips were on mine. I had no idea what to do but I tried to mirror his movements. It felt nice and warm, the butterflies in my stomach were bursting around. After we broke apart, I let out a big breath that I didn't even know I was holding. He leaned in again and whispered in my ear.

"Knew that you couldn't be rubbish." He grinned and left for his work.

I'm not sure how long I stood there staring after him but it was enough to make me look like an idiot. When I finally remembered how to walk, I made my way to my dormitory slowly and very glad to discover that no one was there in the main lobby to witness our kiss or my embarrassing reaction.

Dating is such a nice sport. Why the hell didn't I try it earlier? I guess now I understand why Chanyeol and Baekhyun are always so eager to ask girls out before even asking their names.

---------------

Thank you so much for choosing my story to read! I couldn't be more grateful. Plus those who comment and vote. Just love you, people.

Also, I seriously want your opinion on where the story is going. What do you say about Sehun? How should Mirae proceed her relation with Chanyeol? I'm willing to hear what you people think.