And then there was war?

Lemonade Stand Wars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: it’s Summer and what screams summer more than kids running a lemonade stand, nothing! Lol. It’s an excuse to write more age reversal seulrene/joyri, so basically Joohyun and Seulgi are two kids just trying to run their lemonade stands, when joyri turn into an all out war on who can make the best lemonade, the two kids are not impressed, enjoy.


 

“Please!” A small dark-haired child asks with hopeful big brown eyes.

 

“No.” The older girl shakes her head while turning the page of her comic.

 

“Pretty please!”

 

“No.”

 

“But...but…” the child’s lips quiver ever so slightly. “Please, Yerimie! You’re the best big sister ever, please take me outside.”

 

“Ugh,” Bae Yerim mentally sighs as her kid sister Joohyun looks at her with that sad face, now Joohyun isn’t a brat kid by any means. She’s a well behaved 8-year-old, who doesn’t even ask her for much, so of course Yerim has to take her out.

 

“Okay, Hyun. I’ll take you, but…”

 

“Yes!” She cuts her off. “Thank you, Yerimie.”

 

“Sure, but where are you…”

 

The small child is already running off for her room, not even stopping so Yerim couldn’t even ask her where she wants to go. The blonde sighs, puts down her comic book, makes a mental note to return to reading it, and goes to get her own bag. She checks herself in the mirror, she looks fine enough, but throws a cap over her head since she is in no mood to brush her hair. Her plan was to stay in this Saturday afternoon, but now the older teen has to take her kid sister somewhere, if only Joohyun would say where.

 

“Hyun, do I have to drive or…”

 

“No, no driving.” Joohyun calls out from her room. “We’re walking, it's not far.”

 

“Well where is this not so far place.”

 

“The park.”

 

“The park?” Yerim wonders, why the park now all of a sudden? Joohyun isn’t wrong or anything, it’s about three blocks away from their house, and all the neighborhood kids go there to play. Yerim herself used to as well when she was Joohyun’s age. The blonde waits for her to return and sees she has her most favorite purple ribbon in her hair, and her purple bunny bag.

 

“Your favorite purple ribbon, Hyun. Is there something I should know?” Yerim has a teasing smile on her face and instantly the younger girl’s cheeks turn so red.

 

“N-No, nothing, let’s go to the park!”

 

“Well, alright then, since it’s nothing.”

 

Yerim knows better, her sister wouldn’t be wearing her favorite purple ribbon for no reason. Still, she says nothing and the two siblings head out to the park. The whole walk consists of Joohyun happily engaging her with conversation about how she can’t wait to get to the park.

 

“Why are you meeting some of your school friends here or something?”

 

“No, not exactly.”

 

“Are there some cool new swings?”
 

“No, not really.” Now Joohyun frowns in disappointment because new swings would be great.

 

“Ice cream truck?” Yerim gives up and starts suggesting a reason why she sure as heck would go to the park.

 

“No, it’s not any of those things!”

 

“Then what is it!”

 

The Bae siblings stare each other down, with equally scary glares, that does nothing, since neither of them are scared of the other. The showdown lasts all of one minute because before either of them realized it, they were outside of the park, and all of a sudden Joohyun takes off running.

 

“Hey, kid! You can’t just run off like that, come back!”

 

“Then come on, slowpoke!”

 

“Slowpoke!” Yerim speeds up, which isn’t hard to do because she has longer legs, only Joohyun is already at her destination, and that’s when Yerim sees officially what’s going on here. There is a cute monolid girl with a lemonade stand, Seulgi’s lemonade. It says in bright Orange lettering that you can’t miss it, not to mention there’s a picture of a bear next to the name. It’s cute, Yerim has to admit, and it’s really well set up too, the kid has a cute checkered tablecloth over the table, a pitcher with lemonade, everything she could need. It’s a good idea too since it’s a park where people will no doubt get thirsty.

 

“Oh, so this is about a girl.” Yerim notices how red-faced Joohyun is when talking to Seulgi, and is trying her hardest to not drop her purple coin purse, it’s rather cute in a way.

 

“Hi, Hyunnie!” Seulgi smiles, eyes forming crescent shapes. “You’re back again?”

 

“Back again?” Yerim blinks, how come this is the first time she’s hearing about her sister’s travels to some girl’s lemonade stand, and where the hell was she?

 

“Y-Yes, I’d like to buy one of your lemonades, Seul.”

 

“Sure, of course. But free for you because you’re my best customer.”

 

“Oh, no I wanna pay.” Joohyun knows how hard Seulgi has worked to put this lemonade stand together, there’s no way she can accept a free lemonade, no matter how Seulgi is frowning and looking like some cute teddy bear.

 

“Okay, but next time, it’s free.” Seulgi gets one of the purple cups she has, specifically for Joohyun, since she knows the other girl likes purple, and makes her lemonade, as she’s doing this. Seulgi notices a blonde girl standing nearby who kind of has a slight resemblance to Joohyun.

 

“Hyunnie, is that your sis?”

 

“Sis, where?”
 

“Oh forget about me will you.” Yerim knows she’s going to have to interrupt. “Yes, hi, cute girl. I am Bae Yerim, this one’s sister.” She grabs a hold of Joohyun suddenly into a tight hug, which earns complaints.

 

“Let me go, turtle!” The younger sister complains.

 

“Be quiet, bunny!”

 

Seulgi chuckles at the cute display, she herself doesn’t have an older sister officially, but she has someone who is like a big sister, so she can kind of understand the dynamic.

 

“Would you like a lemonade too, Ms. Yerim?”
 

Yerim ignores the fact that this kid is just a little too polite, before agreeing to the lemonade, as it’s hot out here, and she is feeling suddenly rather thirsty. “Sure, kid, but you can call me Yerim.” She pays for the cup of lemonade, and finds that it tastes really good, not too sour, but not too sweet either, a nice perfect mix of lemonade, and she can see why her sister comes here so often, other than the obvious fact that she likes this kid, Seulgi.

 

“How is it?” Seulgi looks suddenly nervous, like she’s hoping that Yerim will like the lemonade.

 

“It’s great, kid. You must be making a lot of money here, well, outside of the fact you’re trying to give my sister free lemonade.”

 

“Free!” Someone shouts, and Yerim turns to see a redhead girl, about her age, walking over to Seulgi so fast from the bench. “Seul, what’s this about free? Free is not the sort of look we’re going for, kiddo.”

 

“Oh, but...it was only going to be one free one.”

 

“One free one turns into more free cups, and then before you know it, you’ve got no money, and…” The redhead stops in the middle of her rant and looks at both Joohyun and Yerim.

 

“Oh, so this must be the girl Seulgi likes.” She thinks to herself about the small child. She isn’t sure who’s the blonde, but most likely must be with the kid, still Sooyoung asks anyway. “Now, who the heck are you two supposed to be.” 

 

“What.” Yerim frowns, already not feeling this sort of attitude. “I’m Yerim, this is my kid sister, Joohyun, and now who are you supposed to be, huh?”

 

The redhead pauses for a moment. She certainly didn’t expect such a fiery attitude from this Yerim girl, who is definitely kind of cute now that she thinks about it. Pushing that to the side, she regains herself.

 

“I’m Park Sooyoung, and don’t you forget it, now if there’s nothing else. Can you move, because you’re holding up the line?”

 

“What?” The Bae siblings turn to see that there is indeed a line, so they move, not before Joohyun is able to at least wave goodbye to Seulgi, who waves back before she’s taking the next order. Joohyun looked a bit disappointed as she wanted to talk to Seulgi a bit more.

 

“Hyun, who was that annoying girl really?”

 

“Oh, I don’t know, sis. I’ve never seen her before today.”

 

“Hm,” Yerim begins thinking, now the older girl would have been fine wasting her afternoons away during Summer vacation. But coming here has given her a bit of an idea. She turns to her sister with a huge smile that worries Joohyun.

 

“Oh, no, why are you looking at me like you want to eat chicken for dinner?”
 

A thoughtful look appears over Yerim’s face, she would actually love to have chicken for dinner, now that Joohyun mentions it. Still, that’s not what’s important right now, and Yerim comes out of her mini daze about chicken, then focuses on her sister.

 

“Actually, I would like chicken for dinner. But, no, this isn’t about that. Hyun, how would you like to open up your own lemonade stand?”

 

Joohyun stares at her sister for so long that Yerim is afraid she might have broken the kid, who looks honestly like some doll staring at her not even blinking, and it’s definitely freaking Yerim out big time, sister or not.

 

“Well?”

 

“W-What!” It finally fully hits the child what her sister is getting at and why on earth would Yerim think she wants to start her own lemonade stand, that’s not what she wants, right?

 

“You could make some pocket money, who’s going to resist a cute kid like you, Hyun, besides, you’ll be right next to your crush.”

 

“Well…” Joohyun likes the idea of making some extra money so she can buy the things she likes without bugging their parents, she also really likes the idea of being next to Seulgi. “Okay, but you have to help me, Yerimie.”

 

“Of course, sis, why wouldn’t I help you. Now let’s go home, we have to strategize!”

 

“We have to s-strategize?”

 

Yerim grabs Joohyun’s hand and pulls her sister off with her, that’s not to say Sooyoung wasn’t watching the two of them carefully. She had a very good feeling they were up to something. 

 

“Hey, Seul.” She turns to the monolid child who is busy closing her jar of money. 

 

“Yes, Sooyoung? Did you want some lemonade?”

 

“No, cutie.” she smiles warmly. “I do think you should know that there might be trouble soon.”

 

“Trouble?” Seulgi blinks, having no idea why Sooyoung thinks it’s going to be trouble, however, she can trust Sooyoung who is only her next door neighbor forever. The older teen who has helped her and been like a big sister to her in ways, so if Sooyoung says there might be trouble, then she should listen.

 

“What kind of trouble?”

 

"The kind of trouble that's the trouble kind!" Sooyoung shouts, only worrying Seulgi even more.

 

"Um..." Seulgi blinks. "I don't understand."

 

Poor sweet innocent child, her mind isn’t yet tainted by suspicion like hers, and Sooyoung knew she had to be on her guard, and the redhead was right to be concerned, as the Bae siblings spent most of their night talking strategy, or at least Yerim did her best to talk strategy to Joohyun who was trying to listen, but when it’s nearly 8 at night, and you’re tired from going over possible designs for a lemonade stand that you never thought you would be doing, writing grocery lists for said lemonade stand, and having your big sister show you various cute outfits, not to mention you’re only 8 years old, you would be falling asleep, which was exactly what Joohyun was doing when Yerim was asking her if she wanted to wear a pink and white dress, or pink shorts with a white top that had her lemonade stand logo on it, which again, how did she have them made up so fast, Joohyun doesn’t even think she wants to know.

 

“Hyun?” Yerim pokes her cheek. “You’re falling asleep, really? In the middle of our discussion.”

 

“I don’t want to wear pink.” The child complains with sleepy eyes. “Why can’t I wear purple?”

 

“Fine, fine, you can wear purple, now, I guess you should get to sleep since we have a busy day ahead of us tomorrow.”

 

“Uh-huh….” Joohyun is starting to rethink this lemonade stand idea, if her sister is already acting like a crazy person. The only thing that keeps her even a little motivated is the fact that she can use it as a chance to spend more time with Seulgi. They do go to the same school, but are in different classes, so she doesn’t get to see the monolid girl as much as she would want to.

 

“Okay, you do this for Seul, and no other reason!” Joohyun thinks to herself before falling out into bed. Yes, she had her biggest motivation, after all, maybe things wouldn’t get too weird, it was only selling lemonade, there was nothing dangerous about selling lemonade.

 

Right?


 

The following day, Sooyoung still had her bad feeling that trouble was coming, that didn’t mean she still didn’t go next door to Seulgi’s house and help the monolid child with her items because Seulgi is a good kid. She likes to help her out if she can. The adorable monolid child who is checking over all her things to make sure she has everything, only to realize she’s missing one important thing.

 

“Sooyoung, I need more cups.” 

 

“Oh hey, don’t worry, Seul.” We’ll drive to the store first and pick up whatever you need okay.”

 

“Thanks, Sooyoung!” She beams and together they head for Sooyoung’s car.

 

“Are you all buckled in?”

 

“Yes!”

 

“Good, I don’t want to have to get the car seat out or anything.” The teen laughs at her joke, Seulgi shakes her head in slight disbelief. Sooyoung can be very silly, very silly indeed.

 

“I’m not a baby.”

 

“Close enough, Seul, now let’s get to the store and get you what you need.”

 

“Do you still think there will be trouble?” Ever since, Sooyoung warned her that there could be trouble. Seulgi has found herself worried that there could indeed be trouble. The redhead looks at her with a serious expression.

 

“Yeah, I think we both need to be on our guard, now I know you like that little girl, um…”

 

“Joohyun?” Seulgi helps her out, since she has only told Sooyoung that she has a huge crush on Bae Joohyun, since Sooyoung is a friend and she can be trusted with secrets.

 

“Yes, that’s the name. Don’t fall for any cute innocent act she pulls, just trust me.”

 

“Oh, but….woah!” the child is cut off because Sooyoung’s car is roaring to life and they’re off. Seulgi knows she can trust Sooyung, however, she also knows Joohyun too, Joohyun who is really nice. She’s not the enemy or anything.

 

Right?


 

“She is the enemy.” Yerim is telling her sister as she helps Joohyun set up her own lemonade stand not too far away from where Seulgi will usually set up hers, though for whatever reason the monolid girl isn’t out here yet. Yerim saw it as a good enough chance to get a head start. With two lemonade stands so close to one another, there was bound to be competition, Yerim was expecting it, still she was confident in her sister because cute kid aside, Joohyun could be quite competitive when she wanted to be. Yerim had witnessed first hand how she made kids cry during a game at school all so she could win.

 

“W-What?” Joohyun turns to look at her, hand on the purple pitcher she made full of lemonade. Her and Yerim had taste tested several of their concoctions last night, and this one ended up being the best of the four attempts. “Seulgi isn’t the enemy, Yerimie.”

 

She won’t hear of it, Kang Seulgi is the sweetest person she knows. She wouldn’t ever be her enemy, who cares if they’re both going to have lemonade stands. That doesn’t suddenly change how she feels about Seulgi.

 

“She’s not the enemy.”
 

“Hyun, don’t fall for any cute face, not now. She is the enemy, at least until either Summer ends or we get bored selling lemonade.”

 

“Silly sister.” Yerim hears Joohyun's mouth and of course Yerim is about to say something in her defense, but tells Joohyun they have customers so it was time to look alive. For a moment, and only a moment did the older girl think they might be in the clear, maybe Seulgi and that Sooyoung girl wouldn’t show up. It was only for a moment as when they have served their fourth customer already in the last five minutes, Yerim hears a scandalized scream.

 

“Ah!” Sooyoung nearly drops the table she’s carrying for Seulgi. “I knew it, I just knew you two would be up to something.” She points at Yerim more so than Joohyun, since the blonde is older, and no doubt is behind this scheme.

 

“Up to what, who’s up to anything?” Yerim smiles with arms crossed over her chest, looking all smug, and cute at the same time. Sooyoung remembers what she told Seulgi to not fall for a cute face. She must not fall for a cute face.

 

“Oh, so we’re supposed to believe that you and your sister just randomly decided to make a lemonade stand, right where Seul always has hers. What do you think we are, idiots?”

 

“Hi, Hyunnie!” Seulgi is able to wave.

 

“Hi, Seul!”

 

The kids look like they’re about to take some steps toward one another, but the older teens speak.

 

“What’s the matter, Park Sooyoung, afraid of a little healthy competition?”

 

Did Yerim just ask her if she is afraid of competition? She is the one and only Park Sooyoung, who isn’t afraid of any challenge, this Bae Yerim girl is in for a rude awakening if she thinks that Sooyoung is afraid of anyone’s alleged competition.  

 

“No, absolutely not, to show we’re not afraid. Seul and I will set up right here, a matter of a few feet away. Come on, kiddo.” She grabs a hold of Seulgi’s hand, “let’s get set up.”
 

“But… can I talk to Hyunnie for…”

 

“Nope, no time. Maybe when you’re on a break.”

 

“Hyun and I aren’t scared either, I have the best kid, so naturally we will sell more lemonades than you two.” Yerim is baiting her, Joohyun sighs heavily and looks longingly at Seulgi, like she would much rather be talking to the monolid girl than dealing with two crazy old people. Sooyoung stops dead in her tracks, turns to her with a smile, one that Yerim could only describe as determined.

 

“Oh, you have the best kid, do you! Well no kid is better than my kid. Seul will sell so much more lemonades than your Joohyun, it will be hilarious to see you fail.”
 

“Oh, yeah!” Yerim walks over to her.

 

“Yeah!” Sooyoung walks over to her too, staring the shorter girl down hard. Yerim thinks this is the most excited she’s been by another person in a long time. She isn’t attracted to this Park Sooyoung girl, is she? No, she couldn’t be.

 

“Um, are you two going to kiss?” Seulgi looks up from her table. Joohyun busts out laughing, especially at how the two teens look away from each other so fast, before walking back to their respective lemonade stands.

 

“No, I am not kissing any turtle girl!” Sooyoung shouts. Come to think of it, she is absolutely cute, but definitely reminds her of a turtle.

 

“Turtle girl, well I’m sure not kissing any chicken girl!” Since, there’s something very baby chick like about Sooyoung’s face.

 

“But, sis.” Joohyun tugs on her arm. “You like chicken.”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter