Chapter 2

The Last Hunt

Xiao was the one to pick up Yunho from the airport, taking whatever bags Yunho had and brought it out to the truck. "How was the flight?" Asked Xiao as he put the bags in the backseat and got into the driver's seat. "It was alright," said Yunho as he sat in the passenger seat. "I hate economy class though," he said sighing, causing Xiao to chuckle. "I don't think anyone likes to take economy class," said Xiao as he started the truck and backed out of his spot once it was clear and drove off, heading home.

"Did my brother ever come by?" Asked Yunho. "No," said Xiao. "Though I'm sure he stopped by to check out the area before moving on," he said.

"Did someone from his coven show up at least?" Asked Yunho. "Yeah, I think his name was Yeosang," said Xiao. "Said something about seeing the area before heading off, he had a 'shifter with him," he said. "Ah, that'd be Mingi," hummed Yunho.

"We have a guest room for you," said Xiao as he focused on the road in front of him. "Unless you want to be with the other werewolves," he added. "I'm fine being with the others," said Yunho. "Gives me a chance to get to know them," he said. "Since I'll end up being here a while," he added. "Right," hummed Xiao.

"Anything I should know about them?" Asked Yunho. "They mostly keep to themselves," said Xiao. "Though if you're sleeping in Dongmyeong and Hwanwoong's room you may get waken up by those two going out to have their nightly talks," he said.

"Nightly talks?" Asked Yunho. "It was a tradition started by Jinhyuk and Hwanwoong," said Xiao. "Then Xion and Wooseok joined them, and now Dongmyeong and Hwanwoong keep up the tradition, after Wooseok and Jinhyuk left and Xion died," he said. "They don't do it too often anymore but," he said, shrugging.

"Why did Wooseok and Jinhyuk leave?" Asked Yunho. "Wooseok was given an opportunity to be an advisor for a new pack," said Xiao. "So he left to go help them out, I don't think he's coming back though but we'll see whenever that happens," he said. "I see," said Yunho.

"Jinhyuk on the other hand, I don't know what his reasoning was," said Xiao. "Probably left because Kogyeol was still around or something, those two loved getting into random arguments here and there," he added. "Granted, Kogyeol is a lot better now than he was back then but," he said, sighing.

"When Kogyeol came back it kind of shocked everyone?" He asked. "No one was expecting him to come back but I guess he decided that being with us was better than being alone," he said. "Pack means everything to certain people, I understand that," said Yunho.

"Any other questions?" Asked Xiao. "Why ia?" Asked Yunho. "I don't know honestly," confessed Xiao. "That was all Wooseok's idea," he said. "I get it, there's so much countryside out here that we'll be fine without having to worry about running into the humans but," he said, sighing a bit. "I guess Wooseok wanted us somewhere where we wouldn't have to worry about the humans questioning why we weren't aging," he said.

"We could move, but no one wants to," said Xiao as he couldn't come up with a reason. "Makes sense," said Yunho. "It's pretty nice to have a forest all around you," he said. "Reminds me of home," he said.

 

~



"Huh, I didn't think you'd show up," said Dongmyeong once Yunho and Xiao got out of the truck after arriving home. "I'm not like some people," said Yunho as he glared at Dongmyeong. "I know, believe me," said Dongmyeong as he chuckled lightly. "If you're under Wontak he makes sure you're doing missions," he said.

"Where's everyone else?" Asked Xiao. "Watching a movie," said Dongmyeong. "I declined and was going to the pond for a bit, when you got back anyway," he added. "Couldn't wait to see your fox friend again huh?" Xiao asked with a chuckle. "Oi," said Dongmyeong as he scratched the back of his head. "Go, don't be out too late," he said. "Bring Yunho with you," he added. "Come on then," said Dongmyeong before walking off, heading to the pond. Yunho had no choice but to follow after him, trusting Xiao to get his bags to his designated room.

 

~



"You have a fox friend?" Asked Yunho. "He shows up whenever I visit the pond to think," said Dongmyeong as they walked through the forest. "I never gave him a name but," he said, shrugging. "He'll remain nameless for now," he said. "Hm," hummed Yunho.

"So you have a twin too?" Asked Dongmyeong. "Yeah, it's San," said Yunho as he looked at the ground. "He's a major introvert though, you may not meet him while I'm here," he said. "Interesting," said Dongmyeong as he stopped walking, having reached the pond.

Yunho looked around the area, curiosity showing his eyes as he took in his surroundings. "This is a perfect place for San, when he decides to show up," he said. "I thought so," said Dongmyeong as he observed Yunho with a slight tilt of his head. He turned when familiar footsteps walked over, spotting the fox.

"Hey little guy," said Dongmyeong as he leaned down, taking a piece of jerky out and handing it to the fox, letting it take the jerky before standing again and looking out at the water. "He's a cute little guy," said Yunho as he looked over at the fox. The corner of Dongmyeong's lips went up slightly in a smile. "Well," he hummed.

"What, did everyone say that when meeting him?" Asked Yunho. "Everyone didn't think he existed, until they came out here with me to see the fox in person," Dongmyeong said with a shake of his head. "Ah," said Yunho as he chuckled slightly, turning to look out at the water and putting his hands in his hoodie pockets.