Epilogue

The Last Hunt

Dongmyeong,

Today was great! I got to go visit Yunho in Toronto with Hwanhee as we both had missions to do. Yunho treated me to Starbucks today, and I got to meet Jun. Jun reminds me of you, I get where your cold personality stems from. He doesn't mean to be that way though, as Yunho explained.

I also got to see your old pack today too! They seem happier without Harin or whatever his name was. He honestly scared me. I'm glad they got out of that situation. Kris offered them a place on the job roster, and Yonghoon took it. They wanted a fresh new start in a new country and Kris offered it.

Be happy for them okay? They're trying their best. They act like I've always been a part of the pack, telling me stories about you when you were with them. Giwook reminds me of Hwanwoong you know, they're nice people. I think if we met when you were still with them Hwanwoong and Giwook would be great friends. Hwanwoong says hi by the way!

-Dongju


Dongju looked up from writing in his journal, hearing footsteps. "You ready to go?" Asked Hwanhee. "Sure," said Dongju as he closed the journal, packing it up in his bag. "Leave the bag, we're doing our mission then we'll enjoy a vacation," said Hwanhee.

"I know you and Yunho aren't mates, but you guys helped each other move on," said Hwanhee. "They know, MK is coming along to help out," he said. "I got it, just try and keep an eye out on things alright?" He asked. Dongju nodded and dropped the bag onto the bed and walked over to get the mission over with.

 

~



San,

It's been a while eh? I know you miss me, don't lie. I still miss talking to you, your sarcastic comments really light up my day. I miss talking to your hallucination, but at least I have finally moved on.

It's been weeks since the last letter, how are you? I'm doing fine here. Mingi finally acknowledged that he was my mate. It took a huge load off my shoulders. He's staying here with me from now on, as I now have his contract. Yeosang does stop by though! I have a feeling you two would've gotten along just fine.

Seonghwa is one of those vampires that I think you'd clash with a lot, but on good terms. He's a good guy don't get me wrong. But I don't think two of you would work very well. Anyway, the others say hi! I'll write again when I get the chance.

-Yunho


"Yunho," called Mingi from somewhere downstairs. "You coming down or what? We gotta be at Starbucks in like 20 minutes," he called. "One second!" Yelled Yunho, as he closed the journal and put the pen back in the cup. He grabbed his phone, wallet and car keys before leaving the room. He headed downstairs and put on his shoes before finding Mingi sitting on the front porch.

"What were you doing?" Asked Mingi. "I was writing a letter to San," said Yunho as he shrugged. "Oh," said Mingi. "Okay," he said. "Did you tell him I said hi?" He asked. "I did, don't worry," said Yunho. "Come on, we're going to be late," he said, going to his jeep and getting in the driver's seat. Mingi shook his head in amusement before following after him, getting in the passenger seat. After a minute or two Yunho started the jeep and backed out of the driveway, heading to Yuto's Starbucks.

 

~



Dongju entered the Starbucks after the mission, looking around for Yunho. "Go sit down, I'll get the drinks," Hwanhee said with an amused chuckle. "I'm right behind you you know?" Called Yunho from the windows behind Dongju. "Oh," said Dongju as he turned around.

"Hui's here today, so I'm over by the windows," said Yunho as Dongju went to sit in front of him. "Where's Mingi?" Asked Dongju. "He's sitting with Hui for a bit," said Yunho. "They're bonding apparently," he added. "Ah," said Dongju.

Hwanhee and MK brought over their drinks before going to sit by Hui to have a chat, leaving Yunho alone with Dongju to have a talk.

"Sorry it took so long to come visit," said Dongju. "It's okay," said Yunho as he shook his head. "I got to reconcile with my packmates, and talk to Mingi," he said. "That's good," said Dongju.

"What's been going on with you?" Asked Yunho. "I got to reconcile with everyone, even my brother's old pack," said Dongju. "They're working for Kris now I heard," said Yunho. "Yeah, I got to see them a few days ago," said Dongju.

"How's San doing?" Asked Yunho, referring to his wolf plushie. "He's fine," said Dongju as he smiled lightly taking out his phone and showing a picture of the plushie sitting on the bed that Yunho used to sleep in. "He has his own bed now," he said. Yunho smiled slightly as he looked at the picture. "Hwanwoong is keeping him company," said Dongju. "I see," said Yunho.

"How's the fox?" Asked Dongju. "It's sitting on the pile right now," said Yunho. "I would have him on the bed with me but Mingi moved in," he said. "Ah," said Dongju.

"What'd you name it?" Asked Dongju. "Xion," said Yunho. "It reminds me of you," he said. "Sort of," he added. "The fur color, the like," he said. "Ah," said Dongju. "I hope you don't mind," said Yunho. "No, it's fine," said Dongju.

 

~



Yunho and Dongju sat down at the bench in front of the lake behind the house, staring out at the water in comfortable silence. "I never got to say thank you," said Yunho as he broke the silence first. "You already did," said Dongju. "Not in person," said Yunho. "So thank you," he said. "For everything," he added. "No problem," said Dongju.

"I don't think I would've been able to move on either," said Dongju. "If you hadn't helped me, I think I wouldn't've been able to do much," he said. "I probably would've still been using my brother's identity," he said.

"I think eventually I would've stopped hallucinating San when things were getting better but meeting you has helped me completely move on," said Yunho.

"Good luck on your missions from here on out," said Yunho. "Thanks," said Dongju. "Have fun with retirement," he said. "I will," said Yunho.