This Is Our Time

For You, I’m Taking A Shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 


- Time is a strange concept. In this world full of mystery and uncertainty, one thing was for sure is that time never waits. So how does a love story fares through times capricious pace. Will the future scare them, past catch up to them or the present disappear. That's what Minjoo and Chaewon will discover in this journey under the stars's attentive gaze. - 
 

 


 

 

 


 

______

 

There were many theories of all sorts. Some believed in the evolution of the human kind, some others thought of genetic mutations made in a laboratory or even a few pondering on whether a part of the population were blessed with gifts from the above and some not.


 

All that to say, it’s a mess that still didn’t have any answer yet. 


 

Only a part of the population, around 10 % at most, had what they call abilities. 


 

So for that elite, new precautions were taken but they weren’t considered as lower kinds, on the contrary they were almost venerated by the ordinary people. After all, most powerful industries, businesses and organisations were in the hands of that small class of individual. 


 

They had everything that ordinary humans didn’t. Longer life span, better resistance to illnesses and more importantly some abilities that science hardly manage to explain for now.



 

It was unknown as to when those started to appear, it was only officially recognised less than a hundred years ago while some ancient texts could possibly also refer to those blessed individuals. 




 

Today however, it was still highly debatable.





 

“Yo Chae !” A girl yelled at the younger one who turned around at the sound of the voice.

 

 

 

“Oh hey Yen.” Chaewon smiled at her friend who had a large smile on her lips.


 

“We have newbies coming today !” The older of the two exclaimed with enthusiasm.


 

It was really rare to say the least, one because only a handful were like them and also because of the rarity of those who noticed their abilities at this age. The number of classes in this school were really low and there were probably less than a hundred students in here but it didn’t mean the institute was small and unpopular. It was the contrary, it had the most advanced technology and qualified teachers as well as a research center here to observe the students.


 

“Oh really ?” Chaewon uttered in slight surprise.



 

“Yeah come on we need to meet them.” Yena nodded before pulling Chaewon by the arm in a run toward their next class. “Oh and stop murdering me in your head please it’s getting loud !” Yena added with a little frown.



 

“Leave my head you duck” Chaewon retorted with a glare.



 

“Oh come on ! I hear that everyday already.” Yena rolled her eyes.


 

____






 

“Welcome class !” The teacher clapped his hand with glee, himself was excited by the news of newcomers to their secluded school.




 

Chaewon and Yena sat next to each other, some seniors they knew well also near them. It was supposedly a special hour where they would usually try to train their own individual abilities under the eyes of researchers so it was relatively mixed in terms of ages.



 

“As you all probably know, today we are welcoming four new students here.” The teacher announced which caused many whispers as this occurrence was really unusual.


 

At most there would be 2 … never once did they get four new students…



 

“Whoa can you believe that ?” Yena whispered loudly in her ear, making her frown and grunt at the pain. 



 

“G-”


 

“Yeah yeah I know I’m loud.” Yena cut off with another eye roll.


 

“I swear to god leave my-” Chaewon was tired of that already.


 

“My head ? Well I wish I could but it’s easier to hear your thoughts than the other’s.” Yena sighed and Chaewon calmed down.


 

“Alright… just this time though.” The younger of the two gave in with a small pat on her friend’s shoulder.


 

“I already knew you’d say tha- okay I stop.” Yena was about to say something before hearing Chaewon’s thought and immediately shutting up.


 

“Yes, that’s what I thought.” Chaewon smiled in satisfaction as she successfully shut her friend up.


 

“Class !” The voice of the young man brought everyone’s attention back to the classroom.


 

“You four, please do introduce yourself.” The teacher smiled and let the quatuor of newcomers introduce themselves.



 

“Hello, I’m Anh Yujin ! I’ll be in first year here and I’ll look forward to spending the rest of the year together.” The tall girl with a dimple had an enthusiastic smile on her face  that matched her lively voice.


 

“I’m Jo Yuri, I’ll enter as a second year here. Nice to meet you all.” The smaller one greeted with her own glee yet shy undertones in her voice.


 

“Pshh Chae ! She looks good.” Yena whispered but Chaewon wasn’t listening, her eyes were fixated on one person nervously playing with her hands.


 

“Hi, I’m Kang Hyewon. I’ll be in third year.” The voice of the cold faced girl didn’t reach Chaewon’s ears as she wasn’t listening anymore.



 

The world seemed to have stopped for a while and no, no one was the cause of it, it was just the last girl who successfully made Chaewon daydream, she couldn’t help but to wonder about those wavy dark hair flowing freely on her shoulders. She watched as Yujin slightly bumped into the very nervous girl’s shoulder to encourage her to speak up. 


 

“Hello, my name is Kim Min-”




 

In a blink of an eye Chaewon found herself in the middle of nowhere. The last thing she remembered was locking eyes with that new student who seemed to make her daydream of luscious blackberries as her hair was as dark as the night sky… her eyes however held a warm brown.


 

Taking a look around her she was in the middle of a field, bushes that held berries on the side with a small tranquil stream of water flowing nearby as the sun shined down on her….


 

“.” She uttered, as realisation hit her like a truck.





 

xxxxxx




 

“Where the heck were you ??” Eunbi asked as she and Yena were very worried by her sudden disappearance.


 

“My bad, I didn’t control myself and I just teleported somewhere else.” Chaewon sighed.


 

The girl had struggled to find a road or anything that could give her an idea of where she was, in addition to the exhaustion that it was to teleport herself that far… and by far she meant on the whole other side of the country. Which in return meant no possibility of teleporting herself back to the school… hence why it took her a day to come back here by bus.



 

“And where did you end up this time.?” Yena curiously demanded.


 

“To be honest I have no idea.” Chaewon mumbled tiredly.




 

____


 

The surprise came when she found out that one of the newbies was in her class and more importantly when she saw that it was the one who got her all over the place literally speaking. 


 

In the end she didn’t even know her name.


 

“Chae what are you thinking of ?” Hitomi carefully asked with a little frown. It was rare to see her friend out of it. 

 

“I can check if you want- OUCH.” Yena volunteered but immediately got kicked in the shin by Chaeyeon who shook her head in disapproval.


 

“Nothing… I’m going to practice, see you later.” Chaewon sighed before standing up and walking away with heavy and bothered steps.


 

Hitomi depleted at the sight which everyone around the table have noticed. 


 

“Want me to follow her discreetly ?” Nako suggested in hopes to cheer her best friend.


 

“Yeah in any case Chaeyeon can cover her.” Sakura added with a mischievous tone.


 

“Yah yah I never agreed to that-” Chaeyeon protested with her usual staccato tone.


 

“Guys, please…” Hitomi said with a disapproving voice yet she couldn’t hide the small smile that bloomed on her face at the sight of her friends all trying to cheer one another. 



 

Underneath the table Nako gave a high five to a dark mass as she made her best friend and fellow Japanese smile again.




 

______




 

“Why do you want me here ?” Eunbi questioned loudly with a raised eyebrow while looking at the scientist in the eyes with a deadly glare.


 

“W-we just w-wanted to test h-her abilities-” the poor man shuddered in fear, knowing too well how the students here could be potentially really dangerous.


 

“Hey chill, I’ll survive. Now come on I’m hungry.” The blonde haired woman said with an eye roll, finding the senior a little too much.



 

“You just shut up.” Eunbi retorted in annoyance, she wasn’t into that idea at all.



 

“Well, make me.” The newcomer provoked while snatching Eunbi’s bag and running to the small arena a few meters under. The practice room was immense, possibly bigger than the actual school compound, it was designed to study and for the blessed ones to practice in safe conditions as well as to help the science progress. 


 

The place was absolutely huge and there was about just everything and anything. A large swimming pool on the right, a garden on the left, some medical materials and even a skydiving simulator. However at the center of that gigantic building a hole of a few meters deep was protected by metal railing all around. It was made so everyone could watch the fights or whatever odd things that would happen down the circular place that students called arena. 


 

Chaewon watched as Eunbi ran after the girl, stopping as she watched her jumping above the fence and fell right inside the arena… everyone held their breath at the sight fearing the worst, it was quite high to say the least. 


 

“Don’t tell me you’re also slow in addition to old !” They heard the mocking voice from down the hole, the bag thrown in the air and falling back down as a provocation.


 

Eunbi was at first shocked but soon felt her own annoyance building up in the pit of her stomach. Walking to the stairs leading to the arena while the scientists present all watched the scene with sweat dripping down their forehead as they already feared the worst.


 

Chaewon barely arrived and something interesting was already piquing her attention, as expected those newbies here sure caused some ruckus for everyone.


 

She had walked closer to the railing, enjoying the upper sight of whatever would unfold down there. 


 

Eunbi entered the arena, glaring hard at the girl who was laughing while playing with the bag as if it was a ball… not like it was a hefty bag containing a tonne of notebooks and papers.



 

“So ? Aren’t you supposed to punch me ? To make me shut up.” The girl challenged with a smirk, enjoying the situation a little too much.


 

“Don’t come crying later, Hyewon.” Eunbi spat angrily… 


 

“Mom I’m scared ~” Hyewon mocked again with a silly voice.




 

Before she could even move or avoid the punch, Eunbi was already an inch away from her and the fist suddenly in her guts, making her fly to the wall in a loud and painful impact.


 

Unmoving, Hyewon stayed sat against the wall with her head hanging down… no voice, nothing… 


 

Even Chaewon started worrying as Eunbi realised what she had done… the scientists all silent in dread… this wasn’t supposed to go this way.



 

“Y-yah ! You noisy wake up now !” Eunbi called with a shaky voice as fear laced her heart at the sight… Did she go too far ?


 

“Yah ! Don’t die on me !” Eunbi yelled again as tears were filling her eyes… that until they all heard it.



 

“Hahahahaha~” 


 

Hyewon’s head shook as she laughed heartily, slowly standing up while stretching her sore limbs. 


 

“ ‘Don’t die on me ~ ‘ I can’t die sweetie… now come on and let’s see if you can prove me wrong.” Hyewon imitated Eunbi’s pathetic call while smiling fully as she was interested in the fuming girl in front of her.



 

“Y-you… YOU IDIOT !”


 

Eunbi launched forward with rage while trying to land a successful hit on Hyewon who avoided each and every punch with ease as if used to sparring like this… Eunbi wasn’t known for being impulsively violent but the girl in front of her had the talent to get on her nerves. 


 

Instead of avoiding, Hyewon started blocking Eunbi’s attempts, making the researchers all around the railings gasp in awe at her abilities… so far Eunbi was the strongest person in the school physically speaking. Just a punch could send someone to coma. 


 

Yet, here was Hyewon taking pleasure in blocking and taking in each blow at her as if it was nothing. 


 

“Don’t you have better ?” Hyewon panted, growing a little tired by all the exercises.


 

Eunbi smirked as she saw the opening… but something unexpected happened.



 

Hyewon fell on the ground as she held her side in pain… loudly grunting at the unfamiliar feeling coursing through her body.




 

xxxxxx


 

“What do you mean ?” Eunbi asked worriedly, sitting next to the clinic bed.


 

“You didn’t hit her strongly… it was a regular punch for a woman your size.” The scientist explained again with her own frown.


 

“She’s passed out !” Eunbi pointed at the unconscious girl in the bed.


 

“It wasn’t because of your uncommon physical strength… her defence simply stopped for some mysterious reasons.” Another one replied while pointing at the small bruise on Hyewon’s side.


 

“What do you mean …?” Eunbi repeated at a loss of word.


 

“Hyewon has the ability to harden her skin and body before an impact, it is an automatic response… She even said she had never felt physical pain in her life. To give you an idea it would be as if she had a constant unbreakable shield around her.” The scientist explained…





 

Suddenly Chaewon appeared out of thin air next to Eunbi who didn’t even flinch as she was used to it, the same couldn’t be said for the two scientists who jumped at her appearance.


 

“Hitomi is on the way here. I just notified her.” Chaewon said while sitting next to her older friend.



 

“Thank you Chaewon, you two can go now we’ll take care of Hyewon.” The woman smiled at the two students.


 

Chaewon frowned at the statement, just coming back after one of the searchers here told her to go fetch someone who had an healing ability. However Eunbi stood up, grabbing her younger friend’s wrist and dragging her outside the small clinic.



 

“Unnie wait a sec- here is your bag.” Chaewon stopped them, disappearing for a split of second before popping back there with a bag in her hand.



 

“Thank you Chae.”




 

xxxx





 

It wasn’t a rare case, in fact it was a pretty common trait for those with abilities. The innate faculty to fight wasn’t a surprise to everyone. Eunbi, Chaeyeon and Nako were gifted with the ease to fight and learn martial arts. Yena was less of a fighter but still learned on her own  how to defend herself -as she found it extremely cool- and was actually quite good at it.


 

For the newbies in the school, two of them had that trait, namely Hyewon as demonstrated with her fight with Eunbi and Yujin the youngest of the four yet very talented. 



 

Talking about that girl, Yujin easily became the talk of the whole school and laboratory, her ability was special to say the least… 




 

“Yo can you believe that she could possibly dive like this and stay in the water indefinitely…” Yena said while pointing at the pool where the youngest of the newbies had jumped in under the attentive eyes of the scientific team taking notes. 



 

“Well, she indeed has a very useful ability.” Chaewon shrugged while focusing on the object in front of her. 



 

“Have you seen her yesterday ?? That girl literally ran laps for 4 hours without even sweating.” Yena dramatically told with big hand movements.



 

Well, as far as the scientists thought for now, Yujin had the ability to take a few features of the animal kingdom to help her in certain specific situations. If she had to run quickly, her muscles would deform and bend in the way to match the way a cheetah would run. Stamina wise, her body would automatically minimise useless movements and her muscles deforming once again to the optimal shape. 


 

The test today was to see if the research team’s hypothesis was right, in that case Yujin’s lungs would atrophy themselves to match the gills of marine creatures. 



 

The clock is on, Yujin has been under water for probably one long minute, swimming freely as if air was just an afterthought. 


 

“I bet she’ll stay long.” Yena commented as her eyes never left the large body of water. 



 

“Shut up will you, I’m trying to focus here.” Chaewon grunted in annoyance.


 

“You aren’t, you are thinking of what happened yesterday with Eunbi and that new student, Hyewon.” Yena retorted with an eye roll as she knew whatever was in Chaewon’s mind.



 

“Oh god leave my head please !” Chaewon shrieked knowing that her best friend was listening to her inner thoughts as she instinctively covered her ears.


 

“Please, it’s not by covering your ears that I’ll stop hearing you cursing me in at least three different languages.” Yena laughed at her silly friend who just hit her in the arm.


 

“Anyway what’s with the new students ?” The older of the two asked with interest.



 

“They are… weird… firstly Hyewon with her absolutely cheated ability that protects her 24/7 from every single harm.. secondly that freakin human-animal girl in the swimming pool..” Chaewon sighed as those newcomers are making their names known by everyone in such a short time.


 

“What about the others.? Yuri, what is her ability.?” Yena asked with shining eyes.


 

“Well, I’m not really sure but apparently she can see memories or something like this..” Chaewon recalled with a thoughtful tone.



 

“Then what about the last one ? I really haven’t heard of her since last week when they all joined the school.” Yena pointed out remembering about the last girl.


 

Well, unlike the three more popular ones… Minjoo was really discreet and not many people interested themselves in her or whatever was her ability… except Chaewon. Instinctively, her eyes searched for the black haired girl who was huffing in despair as whatever she was trying in her corner kept on failing.


 

Unexpectedly however, their eyes met and the time stopped again… 


 

“What the heck Chae-?” Yena barely said as her best friend unwillingly disappeared in thin air.




 

Chaewon found herself in the school’s garden, the object she desperately tried to teleport here with her as she slowly took in the situation … damn Yena.




 

________




 

“Oh look they are coming in.” Yena exclaimed as the four girl’s who had been the center of attention for the past days entered the cafeteria.



 

Chaewon looked up and watched as Hyewon had a secured arm around Yuri who was happily chatting with Minjoo who was next to Yujin -a bit too close to Chaewon’s taste- as it for sure shows how close these four are. Maybe they even knew each other before coming here.


 

“Do you think Yuri and Hyewon are a thing ?” Nako curiously asked as she raised an eyebrow at Yuri kissing Hyewon’s cheek. Eunbi’s spoon bent at the sight. 



 

“Oh well, I’m not really sure, Yuri is in my class and she is really nice but she never said a thing about that, however, I heard a rumour about Yujin and Minjoo being something though.” Wonyoung explained while pointing at Yujin smiling brightly at something Minjoo said.



 

“Chae you’re in Minjoo’s class right ? Why don’t you ask her ?” Chaeyeon remembered.


 

“She won’t. Missy here has a crush- '' Yena was about to say but a piece of paper suddenly appeared in almost choking her as Chaewon panted next to her.


 

“Did I hallucinate or did Chaewon finally teleport an object..?” Sakura blinked twice at the sight, having seen the piece of paper literally disappear in front of her face.



 

Chaewon didn’t want to stay anymore, so she did what she knew how to do which was teleporting herself away.


 

_____




 

Chaewon sighed again, not knowing how to do that feat again. It was past 10pm and she was still training on her own. The training center was deserted of both older people in white coats and students. 




 

“Come on- god damnit !” She groaned in annoyance as the small dice didn’t move an inch. She had enough of her stagnant progress. With a huff she threw the dice hard while closing her eyes.


 

“Ouch.” She heard behind her, effectively startling her.



 

Chaewon immediately turned around and her eyes grew wide at the sight, Minjoo was standing behind her while holding her forehead with one hand and frowning in pain.


 

“Oh my god I’m sorry !” Chaewon immediately stood up as her eyes wandered everywhere but the girl in front of her.





 

“I-... it’s fine, just surprised.” Minjoo waved her hands dismissively yet her reddish forehead said the contrary.





 

“I’m sorry.” Chaewon mumbled in guilt, wanting to disappear all of a sudden.



 

“It’s fine~” Minjoo reassured while crouching down to take the dice in her hands.


 

“.. what are you doing here this late.?” Chaewon asked with an awkward smile as Minjoo handed her the small dice.


 

“I wanted to… practice.. what about you ?” Minjoo sheepishly answered.



 

“I .. just want to improve my ability..” Chaewon sighed as she was reminded of her own struggles and failures.




 

“Let’s… practice together..” Minjoo suggested with a hopeful tone.



 

“I… need to go home-”



 

Minjoo stood there alone as her classmate just disappeared in a blink of an eye. Her hand fell next to her as she sighed in sadness… “Well, I guess I’ll practice myself.”





 

xxx


 

Chaewon reappeared in her room and stumbled a little at the rough landing before toppling over on her bed in a low groan. 


 

“Chaewon ? You’re home ?” She heard her mother yell from downstairs in the living room while loudly replying a ‘yeah’ to her.




 

After getting ready to sleep which meant doing her homework, taking a shower and eating dinner with her mother, she laid down on her bed with the dice in between her fingers. She replayed her little face to face with Minjoo earlier and sighed at her own cowardice, she wasn’t good with interacting with people and even more gorgeous girls … Yena would have clowned her to death if she ever listened to what was on her mind as she faced Minjoo in the training facility.


 

Chaewon turned in the bed, left and right in frustration as Minjoo’s face plagued her mind. It would be embarrassing to admit it out loud but she looked better up close, Chaewon had always observed her from afar. Minjoo was a very diligent student, a sheer contrast with Yujin and Hyewon who were mostly known for the troubles they caused and how troublesome they could be sometimes. Especially Hyewon who would often skip class which didn’t sit well with the teachers here as it was an elite school after all. On the other hand Yujin would often brag and was the absolute popular kid. 


 

Meanwhile, Minjoo wasn’t sitting that far from her in class, she would always listen to whatever the teacher was saying and take very clean notes. However, ability wise, Minjoo looked in trouble as during practice she would go in a corner and try something on her own… no researchers really gave attention to her as they would mostly harass Hyewon and Yujin to do more experiments.





 

Chaewon sighed while burying her face in her pillow, the thought of the quiet dark haired girl never leaving her mind as she slowly drifted to sleep… the dice in her hand not there in the morning. 






 

In one of the school’s dorms, a girl soundly asleep woke up with a cube in her hands.



 

______







 

“H-hello Chaewon…” Minjoo stuttered as she went to the said girl’s desk.


 

“U-Uh Minjoo ?”  Chaewon looked up and immediately tensed up at the sight.



 

Sure thing, Chaewon didn’t sleep well yesterday and was grumpy all morning… not to mention that she lost her dice, the one she keeps on her since one of the searchers here gifted it to her. Saying it could help her focus and not just teleport herself whenever she thinks of a place. It was her own little treasure that helped her canalise her thoughts but she can’t find it.



 

“I… I think it’s yours.” Minjoo said while handing the black little cube to Chaewon whose eyes widen in shock at the sight of her dear little dice.


 

“W-where did you find it ?” The older asked while taking the dice in her hand and making sure it was indeed hers. 


 

“I… Uh … woke up with it..” Minjoo scratched the back of her neck while uttering her answer, still very confused as to why she was in possession of the small black dice.



 

“Oh…” Chaewon let out a sound as she realised what happened, a blush creeping up her now rosy cheeks.



 

“I-I … wanted to ask you if you were okay with… you know… training together later during practice.” Minjoo stammered while trying to invite Chaewon for training.


 

The older of the two blushed further but still, she gurgled down her own shyness and with the first in a long confident glance she nodded with a small awkward smile. She couldn’t shrug the memory of Minjoo’s happy grin after that for the whole day.



 

xxxxxx




 

“So… what is your ability ?” Chaewon asked as they sat around one of those white tables.


 

“I….. actually don’t know.” Minjoo revealed while looking down her shoes.



 

“...... what ?” Chaewon asked in shock.


 

“I don’t know what my ability is..” Minjoo repeated as her voice became smaller and smaller.

 

Chaewon was in a daze, how did Minjoo even enter the school without knowing what her ability was.


 

“I.. how ?” Chaewon demanded in confusion.


 

“Just… look…” Minjoo took her phone out and searched for a certain video.


 

The video in question is just Minjoo, standing in front of a tree where a cat was stuck in one of the branches. A small girl crying next to Minjoo who just stood and watched.

 

Chaewon was at first unsurprisingly confused by the video… there was nothing to see in there. That is until Minjoo peacefully approached the tree, putting her hands on the trunk ready to climb except that the tree was nowhere to be found … it simply disappeared.

 

A big tree disappearing just like this, in a blink of an eye. 


 

Then it ends with Minjoo although stunned, picking up the cat that had fallen on the ground safely… handing it to the small crying girl before collapsing. 



 

“Y-you … what ?” Chaewon questioned as her eyes widened in pure shock.. 


 

“I think… I’m not sure but I may be able to teleport things just like you … that’s why I wanted to train with you.” Minjoo confessed with an embarrassed smile.


 

“What did the scientists say ? Didn’t you pass the test ?” Chaewon fired away, her mind full of questions and somehow filled with hope.


 

“I didn’t trigger my ability since then… but that video was enough to get me admitted here. As for the test they made me try many things and I made a leaf disappear although the stem remained… that was enough to confirm that I had an ability. That’s about it.” Minjoo told with despair.


 

“I… see.” Chaewon said slowly, trying to get everything in.


 

The two sat there, not knowing what to do. Chaewon didn’t know how to teach something she just had a feel for. Since her youngest age she was able to teleport herself, not far but still… 



 

It was just a sort of feeling she had since she was young, how to just visualise where she wanted to go and simply appearing there. It always was like this, thinking and realising it. How could she explain it to Minjoo.



 

“Let’s try something.” 











 

_____


 

It was already night by the end of their supposed practice, it was a complete failure. Something however had piqued her curiosity. While she firstly was able to teleport herself, Minjoo had an effect on an external object and not her own body.


 

“Try with this.” Chaewon said, placing a piece of the snack she was munching on on the table.


 

“What ?” Minjoo raised an eyebrow at the girl, not only was she tired but also hopeless.


 

“Make it go in my hand.” Chaewon explained, placing her hand not too far.


 

Minjoo sighed but her stare hardened, her hands hovering the piece of snack and thinking hard, trying to get it to be on Chaewon’s hand.


 

Yet… something seems wrong.


 

“Whoa you did it !” Chaewon exclaimed.

 

Minjoo opened her eyes and something for sure the piece of snack wasn’t in Chaewon’s hand and neither was it on the table.


 

“Where did it go !?” Minjoo demanded as a new spark of hope coloured her pretty brown eyes.


 

“That I have no idea but you did something !” Chaewon grinned, proud of the small yet still progression. 




 

xxxx



 

“Where do you live ?” Chaewon asked as they exited the practice compound.


 

“In the dormitory… Thinking of it, Yuri will scold me again.” Minjoo laughed at the end, the image of her friend/roommate scolding her yet again.


 

“Oh you must be close to Yuri.” Chaewon said.


 

“Yeah, we've known each other since we were young.” Minjoo smiled fondly at the memories.


 

“Oh nice, must feel good to be here with someone you know.” Chaewon nodded.


 

“I’m lucky indeed, Yujin begged me to come with her… otherwise I don’t think I would’ve joined.” Minjoo revealed.


 

“Oh … you knew Yujin even before.” The older of the two said in what seems like a rather sad voice.


 

“Oh yeah, not as long as Yuri though but we knew each other a bit.” Minjoo nodded.


 

They arrived in front of the building where students who couldn’t go home daily stayed. In fact, Eunbi, Chaeyeon and the Japanese students lived there. 


 

“I guess, I’m going to leave you.” Chaewon breathed out. 


 

“You don’t stay at the dormitory ?” Minjoo questioned in surprise.


 

“No I live with my parents.” The older explained with a sheepish smile.


 

“Isn’t it too late ? It’s dangerous this late at night.” The younger said in worry.


 

“No it’s fine… remember I can just teleport myself.” Chaewon smiled before saying her goodnight and disappearing in the void of the night… Minjoo standing there and still waving goodbye.



 

_______




 

It must have been the way they would spend time together or the way they seemed to get along so well… but the two grew a certain connection. 


 

“Doctor, trust me it’s worth watching.” Chaewon pleaded to the busy scientist.


 

All their efforts so far needed to be showcased. It would be a shame otherwise as their long lost time in the practice room trying to perfect Minjoo’s ability would be wasted in the drain.


 

“Alright… I’m giving you 20 minutes, I have an appointment with Kang Hyewon later.” The scientist sighed out at Chaewon’s persistence who didn’t only begged the older woman but also used the fact she was probably the student closest to the scientist team here. 



 

“Yes !” 




 

xxxx




 

The two students sat down at the table, the older woman in a white coat standing next to them with a pen and a notebook in her hand. 


 

“Alright.” Chaewon placed a piece of wood on the table, just a random branch she had picked up outside. 


 

Minjoo breathed in deeply, now was her moment to show her capacities… and as expected, the branch had disappeared into thin air …



 

“Where did it go ?” The scientist asked with a surprised face.


 

“That’s the thing… we don’t know.” Chaewon explained, scratching the back of her neck. 


 

“Alright… Minjoo, let’s see each other next week. Until then you and Chaewon should continue training together.” The older woman smiled, acknowledging the efforts but not truly convinced.


 

This was however a huge step, finally Minjoo felt like she achieved something and that she was at her place. Not like she was with talented people while she was like a sore thumb in that perfect picture. For once... she achieved something.



 

xxx


 

“I got my first ap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter