it's cool when i'm with you (and that's all i need)

Sorry That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/Ns: this is back!!!!! for those who've already read this before i put it in draft mode, nth has changed except for some tenses lmao, will upload the next chaps when i have time to edit them hehe (yes its ard been written!) keep a look out for it :D 

 

 

 

 

Class had ended an hour ago and Yujin sits alone in the library, waiting for her project partner to end her activities. Her laptop is open right in front of her, a newly created word document on her screen with nothing but their names on it and the cursor blinking rhythmically. Her hand is buried in dark blue hair, massaging rhythmically as she desperately tries to keep her eyes from falling shut. The fact that she's sitting at an empty table in an extremely quiet surrounding heightens her sense of hearing; she can pick up her own breath, not to mention the occasional murmurs of her name whenever someone enters.

 

As the rising star of the school’s soccer team, it can’t be helped that people would pay more attention to her. She doesn’t dislike the attention at all, in fact, she bathes in them. It’s a contradicting quality of hers, she’d say. She tries to keep an aloof appearance hoping she wouldn’t have to interact with strangers who would approach her if she were being too friendly. Ahn Yujin is never good at socializing. Despite being one of the more high-key figures among the freshmen, she has few friends, rarely approached others, and seldom stood in the spotlight on her own initiative. She just wishes some people can be more discreet when talking about others. I can hear my name, you know.

 

Feeling the drowsiness settle in after a day of emptying her brain juice for school, the air-conditioned space makes it such a suitable place to take a nap, and it surely isn’t making the situation any better. Yujin rubs her eyes harshly to keep herself awake. She can’t possibly let her see herself drooling all over the table upon arrival.

 

“Ugh…!” Yujin feels a slight sting in her eye. “Damn it, not again.” She huffs, wondering why eyelashes are the only things entering human eyes when they’re the ones that should be preventing anything from getting in.

 

She squeezes her eyes shut. She can feel them watering as tears force their way out in an attempt to wash away the irritant. Leaning against the back of the chair, she groans internally, begging for that annoying strand of hair to exit her eye as soon as possible. She regrets developing that eye rubbing habit of hers, someday every single strand of her lashes is going to fall off because of it.

 

It’s almost been an hour, when is she going to get here? Just as her thought settles, a soft voice calls out.

 

“Sorry I’m late- Are you alright? What’s wrong?”

 

Feeling a breeze before her, Yujin barely lifts her struggling eyelids before meeting a pair of intent orbs staring worriedly mere inches away. She knows it's Minju upon hearing that gentle tone, but couldn’t help but get startled by the close proximity. The girl had bent towards her from across the desk, trying to figure out why there are tear streaks on Yujin’s cheeks.

 

“Uh!” Why is she so close! “Oh, um, something got into my eye…” Heat rises into Yujin’s face, flustered, she waves her hand to signal that it's nothing serious.

 

“Ah really… Let me take a look.” Before the taller one can react, Minju steps towards her, hands reached out to cup her face and tilting it slightly upwards.

 

“Wha- I’m okay! It’s fine! This always happens!” Yujin squeaks, arms flailing but never close to coming into contact with the other girl.

 

Ignoring the protests, Minju carefully brings Yujin’s face closer to her own to examine thoroughly, her prettily trimmed brows forming an inverted V.

 

“It’s not okay! Wasn’t there a girl who had a ton of lashes trapped in the back of her sockets? Is that not scary to you?” Minju whispers accusingly, eyes widening to warn the girl who sits tautly in front of her. “Did you know? One time there was a sharp pain in my eye, so I looked in the mirror, and there was a strand of hair that was probably at least a centimeter long…”

 

Minju continues rambling about how there was once a ridiculously long strand of hair trapped in her right eye and she wasn’t able to get it out, so she freaked for a whole day. On the other hand, Yujin had absolutely tuned out from the story due to the mental breakdown in her head. She knows that lashes can't get trapped in the back of eye sockets. It's probably fake news. She should tell Minju that she's too gullible. But her fingers are clenched onto the edges of her chair because she doesn't know where to place them, she swears her palms are so sweaty she can slip off anytime, and every time she breaths in, she can get a whiff of the light floral scent emanating from the warm body that's too close. The girl’s pink locks are swaying in front of her, tickling her jaw and neck. Her brain immediately short-circuits the moment she locks onto Minju’s eyes, so she tears her gaze downwards, which makes it worse because now she's staring directly at her beautifully-shaped lips. Not that Minju notices it, she's too focused on making sure the eye is alright. And probably too deep in her story-telling.

 

“Oh my god.” Yujin mutters under her breath, closing her eyes involuntarily since she doesn't know where to look in the first place. It only manages to invoke an annoyed Minju telling her to open her eyes otherwise she wouldn’t be able to see what’s in there.

 

“I’m really okay-” Gathering her thoughts, Yujin speaks, only to be cut off by Minju blowing tenderly into her eye. Well, so much for gathering thoughts since they can only be described as a keyboard smash after that. It did manage to get more tears flowing out of her eyes though.

 

“There! I got it!” Proudly showing off the tiny strand of hair on her right index finger, Minju wiggles it happily in Yujin’s face, a bright grin spreading across her cheeks.

 

Frozen by Minju’s sudden action, it takes Yujin multiple consecutive blinks to pick herself together. Thankfully, that only makes it seem like she's clear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter