Love I Didn't Know I Needed

Love That I Need
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A shadow...he was.

 

A shadow...I was.

 

He was always following me.

 

I always followed him.

 

He was always behind my back.

 

I always wanted to be behind his back.

 

Wherever I go, he was always there.

 

Wherever he goes, I always tried my best to be there.

 

He was the most annoying person I’ve ever met.

 

He was the most wonderful person I’ve ever met.

 

Lee Hyukjae exists without Lee Donghae.

 

Lee Donghae couldn’t exist without Lee Hyukjae.

 

That Lee Donghae...he’s the worst!

 

My Hyukkie...he’s the best!

 

 

 

 

“Donghae, sweetie! Please just continue reading that book tomorrow after your schedule. You need to wake up early.”

 

Donghae looked up from reading Romeo and Juliet, his favorite novel of all time. He had started reading that book since he was still a trainee and now that Super Junior could already be considered veterans, he was still reading it. He couldn’t seem to finish it, probably because of their busy schedules and hours of everyday practices.

 

With a smile, he nodded his head towards his Leeteuk hyung as he gently closed the book. “Is Hyukkie sleeping already? What time are we leaving tomorrow?”

 

Donghae saw Leeteuk frowned a bit and he knew something was not right. “What’s wrong, hyung?”

 

“Oh he hasn’t told you yet? Hyukjae pulled out of the guest list for Star Golden Bell tomorrow. He decided to join Youngwoon, Donghee, and I on Happy Together instead,” Leeteuk explained, not liking the sad frown starting to form on the younger’s face. “But we convinced Kyuhyun to replace him and join you and Siwon. You won’t be alone, Hae.”

 

But I want Hyukkie to be there with me. Donghae just nodded and Leeteuk was not blind nor ignorant to not notice the gloomy aura that suddenly filled their dorm’s living room.

 

Sighing loudly, he took the empty seat beside his dongsaeng.

 

“Hae, you need to stop this already. You can’t keep on bugging Hyukjae and the managers to include him on all of your schedules.”

 

I knew it. I was bugging him. Looking down on the floor, he reluctantly nodded his head. “I’m sorry, hyung. I’m sorry for being a nuisance.”

 

With a heavy heart, the oldest member and the leader of the group ruffled the younger’s hair.

 

“You know you are not a nuisance, and you will never be, Hae.”

 

Donghae wanted to believe the older’s words. He really do, but Leeteuk’s words suddenly reminded him of his conversation with Hyukjae a few weeks before.

 

“Stop trying to convince manager hyungs to sneak your names on all of my guesting, Lee Donghae. God! You’re unbelievable.”

 

Donghae trembled against the doorframe as Hyukjae’s stoic and cold shout reverberated on probably their whole dorm. He didn’t know what went wrong. Two minutes ago he was just excited and fully ecstatic to tell the older that the both of them will be guests on Master in the House as currently two of the best dancers in the Hallyu nation.

 

He didn’t know Hyukjae would be this angry.

 

“But Hyukkie—”

 

“Stop calling me Hyukkie and get out of my room. Gosh! You’re such a nuisance.”

 

Donghae truly willed himself to believe that he wasn’t a nuisance, just like what Leeteuk wanted him to believe.

 

I am not a nuisance? But Hyukkie thinks otherwise.

 

 

“Very good, everyone! Catch a breather first for an hour before I teach you all the choreography for the dance break.”

 

All members of Super Junior sighed and cheered in relief and exhaustion as they all in an instant sprawled on the floor of their practice room.

 

They are currently practicing the choreography for y, Free, and Single which was at the very least—has harder steps than Mr. Simple.

 

Donghae grabbed his extra bottle of water and was about to hand it to their exhausted and worn out main dancer when the said dancer stood up from his seating position and sat on the other end of the room, farther and farther from him.

 

Unbeknownst to him, the encounter didn’t go unnoticed by the rest of Super Junior and even by the two choreographers and one manager inside the room. All of them could only shook their heads and sighed at the all-too-familiar scenario.

 

The maknae who have had enough of his fishy hyung’s stupidity, stood up from lying on the floor and hastily snatched the water bottle on Donghae’s hand.

 

“Thanks for the water, hyung,” Kyuhyun waved the bottle in front of Donghae’s face and went back to his previous position before the older could even mutter a word of obvious retaliation and dissatisfaction.

 

The main choreographer suddenly went up to him. “Donghae-yah, can I teach you the dance break now so you can help me lead later?”

 

Donghae wanted to nod and agree but confusion suddenly flooded his mind. Usually, it would always be Hyukjae who would know the choreography first and he would be the one teaching them afterwards. In Donghae’s eyes, Hyukjae was the most perfect when he was dancing. The sight made his heart fluttered endlessly and his admiration towards his co-member grew even more.

 

“Eh? Hyung, shouldn’t you be asking Hyukkie? I’m pretty sure he is the center for the dance break anyway,” Donghae tried to reason out and it went unnoticed to him that everyone’s attention all shifted to him and their choreographer.

 

“But we decided to let you dance in the center this time for the dance break. It would be new to the eyes of your fans since you always dance behind or beside Hyukjae. I’m sure Hyukjae wouldn’t mind giving you the center for this comeback. Right, Hyukjae?” And all heads turned to the lone person sitting at the farthest part of the practice area, beside the door.

 

Hyukjae nodded his head, smiling widely. “Of course. Donghae deserves it. I’ll just get something to eat at the cafeteria, excuse me.”

 

But Donghae knew better. He knew Lee Hyukjae. He knew his Hyukkie inside and out. He knew Hyukjae didn’t really want to give him the center position. He knew Hyukjae lied just not to anger and resist against the decisions of the higher-ups. He knew everything and he felt bad.

 

It couldn’t go on like this.

 

And before anyone could break the silence, Donghae was out of the door surely going after his precious Hyukkie.

 

 

“Can’t I even get a minute of peace for myself?”

 

Donghae flinched when Hyukjae angrily slammed the carton of strawberry milk on the canteen table. He couldn’t look up. He was scared. He knew the older was beyond angry and he did not want to add fuel to the fire on Hyukjae’s raging heart.

 

When Hyukjae pointed at him, his eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter