Cute Barista [CHAESOO]

Blackpink's Draft and One Shot collections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo is an ordinary college girl who is not only studying for the sake of her grades but also working as a part-timer barista at the coffee shop near her college—her reason of course because she needs money for living. And no, it's not like her parents don't give her enough money to survive, it is just her way so she can save more money for herself. Maybe to buy her needs—like books—or clothes.

It is just like an ordinary day, she came early in the morning because she has morning shifts for today. Jisoo never came late—she values time a lot. She is always professional when it comes to work—well, except that one time she came late because the train she took delayed for almost an hour. She had her excuses and her manager understood her as she never came late before. But still, there was this weird feeling that she had, whenever she made a mistake, and for this case, even though it wasn't her fault at all, she still filled with guilt. So she promised herself to not making the same mistake.

So here she is now, wearing her barista apron, washing the equipment in the kitchen, cleaning the coffee machine, preparing everything while she waits for her co-workers to show up.

After a while, someone, her first customer, walks hurriedly towards her. As I said, Jisoo is very professional—but she also has eyes to see a beautiful woman stand right in front of her right now. Those pairs of brown-ish eyes and blonde hair—no—it's almost silver with a bit of violet colour. She is so radiant that her energy snatched Jisoo's focus as she keeps on staring at the latter in awe instead of asking what she wants to order.

"Hello!" She greeted Jisoo with her smiles plastered on her face, like a kid—full of excitement.

"Good thing you're already open! I have been looking for a coffee shop around here but none of them is open yet!" She continued.

Jisoo shook her head slightly as she tries to focus and eventually asked the latter, her order.

"W-what can I get y-you?" Stuttered, Jisoo trying to keep her focus on her—trying not to be distracted by her beauty.

The latter smiled, it is as if she already knows what to order, "Need an Iced Americano right now. 1 pump of classic syrup, 2 sachets of brown sugar, on the rock"

Jisoo took her order and wrote down her order on the cup. As Jisoo looks up to her beauty and radiant face, her heart is beating so madly too—as if she is talking to her crush, "Uhm, what's your name?" She asked nervously.

"Rosie, like a flower" She replied shortly.

Jisoo nodded and smiled, "A pretty name for a pretty woman," She said. Without realizing what she just said, Jisoo is a bit embarrassed by her corniness.

Regained her confidence back, she prepared her order for a moment before she gets back to her and gives her the coffee.

"Thanks~" Rosie said to her. Her tone is almost playful when she said it.

Jisoo chuckled as she is watching Rosie the straw of her coffee very passionately as if there is no tomorrow, as if she's so thirsty, "Rough day, huh? It's only 8 in the morning though" Jisoo said, breaking the silence.

Rosie was embarrassed after Jisoo's statement, she then chuckled nervously, "Ah, yeah. I mean, have a test today but you know, I'm not very bright and the subject is quite hard—just worried I will fail. I didn't have enough sleep as well" She sighed.

Jisoo nodded, she really understands her, "Ah, college life. I can relate"

The latter nodded, she then glanced at her wristwatch, "Welp, I better get going then. Thank you for the coffee!"

Jisoo throws her very bright and wide smile at her as she watches the latter slowly leaving the shop. Following that day, Jisoo finds herself smiling like an idiot. It is as if she is in love with someone whom she only knows her name. Rosie.

Like a flower she said. Beauty like a flower.

——

 

The next, next days, Rosie always came to the same coffee shop. It has been almost a week, never once she took absence not to visit that certain coffee shop.

To see that cute barista she encountered that morning.

But lately, she cannot.

She is preparing for her upcoming final exams. She admits she is not a very bright student, she is forgetful and needs to write down things on notes. Frankly, to say, she is a bit dense. Maybe because she's friends with Lisa—Lisa is her only friend, she is also a foreigner like her. Lisa is full of energy, she is so playful and loses her focus easily—maybe Lisa infected her "denseness" to her. Also, the language barrier has been their frenemy for a while now, making both of them are very slow in understanding some subjects.

Even after she tried, Rosie cannot focus right now, because that barista's face is living in her head. It's funny how someone can affect her life while doing nothing. That smiles... the way Rosie always remembered it vividly—that beautiful, contagious smile.

During her visits, she always tried to stay a little longer so she could talk with her. Rosie can be really shy so it's fortunate that the latter always finds herself to make a conversation first.

That barista also knows Rosie's name that she doesn't need to ask her anymore—quite fascinating, Rosie thought. It has never happened before in her life that someone can remember her name—spelt her name right. Frankly, to say, Rosie hates when a barista called her name wrong. She hates that she doesn't have a Korean name. She always that girl who has a very foreign name for her fellow Korean classmates.

But Jisoo, she remembers it. She remembers her name—even she never spelt it wrong from the beginning. That's her plus point in Rosie's eyes despite the fact that she has a very beautiful face that Rosie has ever witnessed—she even convinced that maybe Jisoo is not real human—maybe a nymph.

When the first time Rosie saw her, it is as if Rosie's world turns upside down, it is as if Rosie's heart just had a heart attack, she couldn't hide her blush nor that she could hide her emotions—so she laughed a lot—hoping that cute barista won't notice that Rosie might fall-in-love-at-the-first-sight on her.

"Earth to Rosie! Hello? Earth to Rosie!" Lisa half yelling at her, trying to bring her focus back to the book they are reading. They are at the library right now. An old lady—the librarian—even nagged Lisa for being so noisy. It is always Lisa that she remembers who always made a scene there.

"This is your fault! That old lady nagged me" Lisa whispered after Rosie glanced at her.

Rosie curved a 'Sorry' as she flipped the book's page.

"Lisa, wanna go grab a coffee?" Rosie suddenly asked.

Lisa narrowed her eyebrows, looking at the latter very suspicious, "Why?" She asked back.

Rosie rolled her eyes, "Just... want to drink coffee?"

"Just that?" She asked again. As if she really knows Rosie and her motives.

She sighed, "Fine. Not just that. I just want to meet that cute barista I told you about—maybe she can give me the motivation to study when I see her face... Wait, no. Nevermind. I must be stupid. Let's just continue studying"

Lisa shook her head quickly, "No, no, no! Let's go get your girl" She stated which earned another complaint by the old woman.

"See? That old woman doesn't even like me being here. So, let's go!" She said, as she forcibly puts the book on the table inside her bag and then helps the stunned Rosie to put the book inside her bag as well. Rosie gladly follows Lisa outside the library.

 

 

The both of them entering the coffee shop. Soon as Rosie saw the most beautiful face there at the cashier table, she immediately walks towards the latter—of course with a big smile plastered on her face.

"Hello again!" Jisoo couldn't hide her excitement as well and go full-on her cute self and greets the latter—it felt so long even though it's only been 2 days since the last time her favourite customer came to buy a coffee.

But then, to her surprise, she brought someone else with her. Jisoo doesn't know how to react. For sure she is sad and disappoints because of course, how can she doesn't expect that? Rosie must already have a partner—not that she knows what Rosie uality is—but the vibes that the two of them gave out is enough for Jisoo to convince herself that she must be her girlfriend.

"Hi!" Rosie greets Jisoo back. She realised Jisoo's expression changed. She doesn't know why though.

"What can I ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter