Happiness

The Director Kang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Red Velvet - Happiness

 

“Hello, Seulgi?” Joohyun talked to her phone, she swiped the green icon on her phone as she received a call with her beloved woman’s contact name appeared.

“Have you eaten, Hyun?” Seulgi asked in other line.

“Uh-huh, how about you? How was the meeting?” Joohyun answered casually while sitting on her couch, re-read the script of her unfinished project of movie.

It was more than a month since Joohyun was back from hospital and fully recovered, as professional and passionate actress in industry, she didn’t want to take any advantage from the accident happened to her months ago, she didn’t take longer time for her hiatus as she felt fine and well already to continue, so that was why recently Seulgi and their team have intense meetings for continuation of the project of movie.

They lost one of essentials people in this big project, not anyone but their previous producer, Lee Sunmi. Talking about that woman, no one could help her, not that much, even her lawyer, she involved in many cases, like first case what she did to Jisoo in past, then planned Joohyun accident which could be counted as premeditated murder, moreover he had deal with drugs she bought for Kim Heechul, and one again, her late-night attack case to Joohyun.

She would get very long journey just to deal with the cases one by one, it must be frustrating and tiring, moreover there was no single hope for her, but she deserved those. Those are things she had to harvest of the seeds which she planted, but one thing for sure, she wouldn’t feel the freedom and the fresh air again for very long time, or worst she would be locked there, until the rest of her life.

“I will have lunch after this with others, oh and the meeting went well, recently we have long talk and negotiate with one talented producer in US which ever worked in Broadway.”

“Oh really? That is really good.” Joohyun said in excitement.

“I think she will agree it, she gave us good signs and interests so far, oh she is Korean anyway, but she studied and worked there for long time.”

“I am really excited to meet and work with her!”

“Me too, this movie is going to huge box office hit, since you starred it too, Hyun.”

“I did nothing but made everyone worried and even paused the production, Seulgi.”

“It wasn’t even your fault, Hyun. No one wanted it.”

“Do you think.. I can make it?” Joohyun slightly hesitated, since she thought she did nothing but made everyone in worry and difficult time because of her.

“You will slay it, Joohyun.” Seulgi smiled in proud, she knew how great the actress slash her woman, she witnessed by her own eyes how much passion and efforts Joohyun poured on her dream.

“Be home soon, I want to hug you.” Joohyun demanded cutely, she loved the way Seulgi had thousands ways to soothe her.

“Of course, but later before sleeping okay?”

“Why so long?”

“Remember, Seungwan and Yerim will visit later.” Seulgi giggled to her woman’s little whine.

“Ah right, they will come tonight, what should I prepare? It has been long time I haven’t seen Yerim.”

“She will be quiet as we give her favorite drink. I will buy it on her way home later.”

“Alright then, don’t forget my order this morning.”

“Oh, what is that?” A teaser Seulgi was back again.

“Seulgi!”

Seulgi could imagine how annoyed her love’s face when she , it was such a fun for the monolid’s one, she ever placed a rubber tarantula toy from don’t know where on their bed and Joohyun screamed in high pitch as the result.

But when Joohyun gave her kind of violence revenge she would apologize but still with line of giggle since she couldn’t help to find her bunny so cute when she was sulking. Joohyun couldn’t get really mad at her, since her bear woman was too adorable.

“A truck of tteokbokki with cool Seulgi arrives safely.” The bear answered with goofy grin.

“Not a truck, Seulgi.” Joohyun had no idea how silly her woman. “.. and since when you have that high confidence?” The raven teased back.

“So I am not cool in your eyes?”

“Let me think for a while.”

“I thought I am still your type.” Seulgi pouted, even though Joohyun couldn’t see it.

“Don’t pout, you are too old for that.” Joohyun chuckled with endless teases, she knew by the tone that her woman was pouting, “.. you are not only my type, but my life-time partner materials, Seulgi.”

“Now you make me want to fly home and cuddle you, Hyun.”

“You still have another appointment after lunch, so fighting!” Joohyun still smiled wide.

“See you home later, alright?”

“See you home, Seulgi.”

***

“Baechu unnieee!”

Yerim threw her body on Joohyun’s front, she loved to do this to people she felt close with, of course Joohyun spread her arms and embraced the girl who still looked like baby in front of them.

“Oh last time you weren’t this tall.” Joohyun teased, but she was sure that Yerim grew a lot than last time she met her, obviously years ago, Joohyun didn’t meet people that related to Seulgi since that day. She just couldn’t, she locked herself and hoped this earth could bury her alive that time.

“I am not sure I still grow up when I am being college student already.”

“You still.” Seungwan assured with playful smile.

“I miss you, unnie.” Yerim swung Joohyun’s body in their embrace, even though she is small, she has more power than Joohyun.

“I miss you so much too, Yerimie.” The raven was babying the girl.

Seulgi only smiled wide from afar, she was busy with the food that she and Seungwan bought on the way home. Joohyun and Yerim got along so well, like a mother and daughter.

“Do you need help?” Seungwan came as rescue, seeing Seulgi took out a middle sized bucket of tteokbokki, almost slipped.

“Thank you, hehe.” The monolid just grinned.

“I saw Joohyun wears a ring on her fourth finger,” Seungwan whispered to her best friend, their hands still busy with foods and drinks, “.. you already proposed her?”

Seulgi nodded surely and formed a big smile, “I just.. can’t bear with another loss.” She knew marriage was just a status, but she wanted to call the raven as hers to the whole world, like officially knotted and sealed.

“Heyyy, you are fast.” Seungwan hit Seulgi’s arm with her elbow lightly. “.. you know, I am really glad to see both of you this happy together, please don’t be parted again, it gave me headach—”

“Thank you, Wan.” Seulgi suddenly hugged her very best friend really tight, she felt so glad having a good person stayed beside her and deal with many things together, ups and down, laughter or tears. The hug was so tight until the brunette shocked a little, she just tapped the monolid’s shoulder few times as assurement that everything was alright.

“You did well, Gomdori.” This time Seungwan patted Seulgi’s head, they were in the same age, but Somehow Seungwan was more mature in some ways, that was why sometimes Seulgi looked younger since she was more clumsy, innocent and obviously dumb.

“You are such a big help too, remember that.” Seulgi smiled, broke the hug.

“But it wouldn’t work if both of you weren’t willing to do.”

“Faith is always connecting us.” Seulgi gazed at the woman that stood meters away from them and busy chit-chatting happily with the energetic younger girl.

“Let’s join them.” Seungwan said when everything is ready to serve.

“Gong-Cha! Gong-Cha!” Yerim uttered happily as Seungwan brough her favorite drink. Honestly it was their favorites, but Yerim just too into it.

“Seulgi, is this right order of mine?” Seungwan was eyeing her drink, scanning with her laser eyes.

“Of course, grapefruit green tea lemonade with 30% sugar and the add-ons of extra white pearls, coconut and little ice.”

“What? You missed my order!” Seungwan said dramatically. Yerim rolled her eyes and drink hers already, the lemon yogurt smoothie one, not that complicated order like Seungwan’s.

“Yah! That’s your order for years, though.” Seulgi didn’t want to lose, since she was sure about it.

“50% sugar with regular ice, Seulgi!”

“Since when it changed?!” The monolid snapped back in surprise.

“Stop calling yourself as my best friend tomorrow, you can’t even get my order right!”

“How I suppose to know that it changed when we didn’t buy together again recently?!”

“Here we go again.” Yerim just casually said, like she knew her both oppa often had silly argue or quarrel, probably until they are old. “.. drink yours, Unnie.” She handed the drink to Joohyun which started to eat the tteokbokki, Joohyun’s favorite one was taro smoothie with black pearls and coconut.

“They will stop when they are tired or hungry.” Joohyun didn’t mind much about them too, since she knew it was just their things.

“Oh, the chicken that Seungwan oppa bought is tasty.”

“Sadly, I can’t taste that.” Joohyun sighed.

“No worries un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter