Love You Like I

Love Me Like You

These two, their parents used to be friends. Well, not used to but they’re still friends until now. They thought after Heejin changed school, both their mom wouldn’t meet each other but here they are, seeing their mothers enjoying time together.
Heejin doesn’t know why but to feel awkward. Maybe they haven’t met for a long time.
 
“Who is that, Heejin? I didn’t know you have a boyfriend, sweetheart.” Her mom hugs Heejin as she quickly denies the statement. “No, mom. He’s just my friend. Don’t you remember he’s your friend son?”
“Hyori son?” Mark nods unconsciously, smiling at Heejin’s sudden introduction. He feels glad that Heejin tells her mother and it’s odd.
 
Mothers are surprised to see their children are here together and asked Heejin to be with Mark since mothers want to talk more about ‘anything.’
Heejin wants to rest badly but she doesn’t want to bring Mark into her room. It’s inappropriate to have a male together with a female alone in a secluded place. She pushes the tiredness away and brings Mark to the garden outside. Well, her parents love to gardening, therefore they have a mini secret garden.
“Whoa.” Mark is amazed at how many trees and flowers are in Heejin’s garden. Even bonsai is here too. “You like nature?”
They sit at a gazebo, Heejin’s father personally made with her brothers. “Yeah. A lot of oxygen.” He chuckles but looks at Heejin. He wonders how she is now since they haven’t met each other since middle school. He realizes that Heejin is getting prettier and he didn’t know why that thought popped in his head.
“You look tired.” Heejin could feel Mark stares from the corner of her eyes. She quickly smiles, shaking her head. “Not that tired. Just sleepy.”
But Mark knows. She is indeed exhausted but Mark doesn’t want this to be awkward. “How’s college?”
 
“Pretty good.”
Mark was hoping that he could hear more, but Heejin didn’t say anything afterwards. This when he realizes as well that she’s not like how she was. Heejin that he knew is quite a chatter, always asking Mark so many questions that sometimes Mark wanted to shut her. But this is a new side of her that he never know.
Nope. He knew but whenever they’re together, Heejin never quiet.
 
“Heejin.” He calls after a while, but it seems like Heejin is too focused on her phone that Mark has to tap her shoulder. “Hee-“Her head falls backwards and Mark quickly catches her head softly. He chuckles seeing Heejin is asleep now. He forgot that Heejin loves to sleep. She always sleeps in class back then. Always.

“Mark, I’m ready to go home.” His mom called him as his mom already wait outside for Mark and Heejin. Last small chat with Heejin’s mom but her mom gasps softly. “What happened?” Mark’s mother is surprised seeing her son carries Heejin.

“Where’s her room?”

 

“What happened, Mark?” her mom asks worriedly as she never saw Heejin faints before. “It’s nothing. She fell asleep in the garden. I guess she must be feeling extremely tired.” Her mom sighs in relief knowing her one and only daughter is fine. “Thank you, Mark.”


I'll make a challenge for me to update daily!