Final.

Colour Everywhere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun wakes up, feeling so comfortable laying on her lavender-smelled sheets. She remembers laying down to rest but she ended up sleeping. 


These past few months were hard. Preparing for the sub-unit and now they were debuting, she and Seulgi in a unit. This is the first Red Velvet sub-unit and everyone is anticipating on how it will be different from their group. The sub-unit was just a proposal but earlier this year, the management decided to give it a shot saying it was time for the girls to establish their own color.


Days after the news of the sub-unit, things were going smooth but some changes were made. The debut date got pushed back because of the album packaging and the music video got delayed because of the last minute changes on some of the scenes. She remembered Wendy posting a support post on her IG stories and it made her nerves calm. After a lot of delays and struggles, their album and songs were out. They are now in the middle of promoting it. The general public loves the album and ReVeluvs are in full support of the sub-unit. Their fears were washed out by being number one on various charts, album sales hitting six digits, and breaking records in the international and local music scene. The most important thing is they met the company's expectations. 


She feels happy. People are praising her singing abilities and seeing her more than just the 'IT girl' Bae Irene. They see her as an artist but she feels lonely. She misses a certain person who never failed to give support to her; who never failed to make her smile.


She can't remember the last time they talked. Sure they exchange text messages or her favorite person always messages her with words of encouragement or sweet words to get her through the day. They don't have time to video call. It's either she's busy with schedules and when she's done, her girlfriend is probably sleeping. There were times that they managed to have a phone call but she ended up sleeping on her.


She really misses her person. She misses her smiles and the way she holds her. People may think that she's looking at her like she's her world. They may be right but they don't see the way she looks at her, like she's the only one who matters. That she's the only one. That Bae Joohyun is the only one for her.

 

Irene hears her stomach growling. She rolls her body to sit on the bed and checks the time. It's already past midnight.


"Must get up now and eat something before my stomach leaves my body," Irene says while walking outside her room.


Irene makes her way to the kitchen to grab some food. She sees a figure whose back is facing her. She stares with wide eyes and raised eyebrows. She's not hallucinating, is she? She's not sleepy too.


The figure who's standing in front of the kitchen counter has long blonde locks and she looks like her person; the love of her life.


"Seungwan?" Still in her shocked state, Irene manages to call the person.


"Oh unnie, you're up. Want to have cereal with me?" Wendy smiles at her. She feels warmth inside her heart and it makes her smile, too.


"Really Wan? Cereal at 4 A.M.?" Irene tilts her head and narrow her eyes.


"I thought you were hungry knowing you just slept right after your schedule. You didn't eat dinner."


Irene furrows her brows. "Why do you know that?"


Wendy laughs. "Unnie, I was here since last night."


"What? Are you kidding me?"


"Unnie, you didn't check the groupchat? I left a message and said that I will spend a day here because mom and dad are attending a wedding in Jeju."


Irene wants to scream. She mutes their groupchat on her phone everytime she has a schedule,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter