그 바보

바보 (Pabo)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The layered white fluffy clouds were floating in the azure blue sky. Despite being only 9.30am, the Sun had scattered its rays of immersed heatwaves across the entire Seoul. Under the warmth of the radiant Sun, on a particular open field, the Running Man members who had first arrived were heading towards the allocated position for the show’s opening filming.

Striding across the grass patch to his allocated spot, the Sun rays took its chance to seep its heat beneath Jong Kook’s skin and into his body. Being wary of the intense warmth, he commented, “On a day like today, we should move as little as possible.”

“I’m glad we’re under the shade,” Se Chan corresponded, singing in the same tune with the older man, for he’s one of Jong Kook’s minions.

Being made aware of the competition, the other minion of Jong Kook, Kwang Soo sighed. Following the sigh that escaped his lips, he exasperated, “It’s really hot today!”

Not wanting to lose out to the other minions of Jong Kook, So Min, being Jong Kook’s only female minion amongst the Running Man casts, remarked, “It’s scorching hot!”

As if he was able to remove the intense heat from the Sun from beneath his skin, Se Chan rubbed his arm as he pointed out, “We would get a sunburn!”

“I know,” So Min chimed in with her arms stretched out as she mirrored Se Chan’s actions, “I was in the sun for just a moment.”

Wanting to continue on the conversation, Kwang Soo commented, “It’s going to be really hot, like a calm before the storm.”

Attracted by Kwang Soo’s unique way on the usage of the idiom, Jong Kook had his head turned towards the taller man’s direction, where he pried, “What? A calm before the storm?”

Unable to comprehend why Jong Kook would use his menacing tone at him, Kwang Soo cocked his head towards Jong Kook direction as he waited for the latter’s explanation.

Knowing that it’s his chance to seek approval from the oldest amongst them as of that moment, Se Chan questioned Kwang Soo, “Did you just say a four-character idiom?”

While the clueless victim was trying to comprehend the situation, having seasoned to Running Man’s gameplay and style for ten years now, Jong Kook couldn’t help himself but be suspicious at Kwang Soo’s remark, in which he threw a dart-like remark, “What does this have to do with a calm before the storm?”

Realising that it’s her chance to earn a brownie point from the respectable almighty, So Min explained, “A calm before the storm means the period of peace before something happens.”

Being unable to verify if his usage of the idiom was incorrect or that the other members were ganging against him under Jong Kook’s leadership, Kwang Soo furrowed his eyebrows. Knowing that he was cornered by the supporters of Jong Kook, Kwang Soo sought for the staff crew opinions, in hopes that they would help him instead, “Is it correct or not? Is it appropriate for this situation or not?”

“It’s not!” So Min answered instead.

“Isn’t it correct?” Kwang Soo stared at the crowd of staff before him, helplessly prying for an answer, yet not a single staff gave him a reply on his question.

Jong Kook explained, “A calm before the storm means that something big is happening soon.”

Attempting to explain his stance properly, “I mean…”

Yet, Kwang Soo’s attempt was cut short as Jong Kook further elaborated his own point, “It’s quiet before it happens.”

Sulkily with his hands held up wide apart, as if surrendering to his poor fate, Kwang Soo concluded, “About thirty people here are on Jong Kook’s side.”

Baffled by Kwang Soo’s opinion of how everyone stood by Team Jong Kook, Jong Kook spoke, “What? That’s what a calm before the storm means!” It wasn’t that everyone is deliberately cornering Kwang Soo just to be on Jong Kook’s team, he continued, “It’s already very hot now. You can’t say that it’s a calm before the storm.”

“So, the monsoon front…” The rebuttal that Kwang Soo had initially decided to use against Jong Kook was scraped away when he spotted his lifesaver, his Jong Kook Hyung’s girlfriend, walking towards the filming set.

Enthusiastically, with a wide smile plastered on his face, he waved his hand up high as he cheered, “Ji Hyo noona!”

Hearing the mention of his girlfriend’s name, his ears perked up. Turning his head towards the direction Kwang Soo was looking at, he finally spotted the person who he knew would light up his day like nobody else. In the presence of his humongous smile that was plastered on his face, Jong Kook patted Kwang Soo as he remarked, “You’re lucky that you’re saved by Ji Hyo’s presence.”

Flashing his wide smile, Kwang Soo nodded in excitement, “I know!”

With that, they turned their attention to PD Bo Pil who was getting their attention as he briefed them about the episode’s theme.

 

 

After ensuring that both the members and the guests had settled down by taking their seats in the minibus, PD Bo Pil instructed, “As I said, this is the Reincarnation Camp, where you have been reincarnated from the previous episodes. You all know which episode you are from,” in which everyone chorused, “Yes!”

“Since Sunmi has never been eliminated before, she will be the camp guide for you guys today,” PD Bo Pil announced.

“Really? She’s never been eliminated before?”

“Is that true?”

“You’ve never been eliminated?”

The response from the members caused Sunmi to cover to laugh, suppressing her laughter and she nodded, “I haven’t.”

“That’s amazing!”

Following that, the members were prompted to share about the episodes which they had been reincarnated from. When it was Jong Kook’s turn, he shared, “I got eliminated in the Hades episode.”

“That’s right!” Suk Jin commented.

Excitedly, Kwang Soo chimed in, “I remember that! The one that featured Sung Dong II!”

“I died there,” Jong Kook sighed.

“There was Bae Seong Woo. The actors from ‘Metamorphosis’,” Kwang Soo added.

“That’s right! It was Jae Suk Hyung who burnt it, right?” Kwang Soo asked.

“Exactly,” Jong Kook admitted.

“I remembered that,” Jae Suk remarked.

“Ji Hyo threw a tantrum for real because I eliminated her,” Jong Kook commented.

“I remember that!” Se Chan piped in.

“Right,” Jong Kook sighed.

Upon hearing the mention of her name, Ji Hyo played along with, “I’m still upset about it!”

Not wanting the couple to ignite a conversation where the couple would quarrel when the camera was rolling, Se Chan desperately laughed out loud. Being observant, Jae Suk managed to salvage the situation and diverted the topic to the other members instead, where they shared about which episode they had reincarnated from.

 

As the spotlight that was once was on him was now diverted to the others, Jong Kook’s mind wandered off to the eventful episode where he’s given the role of Hades, and he had to eliminate Zeus, who was Jae Suk, and Poseidon, who was Ji Hyo.

To ensure that Hades was given an advantage, the production staff had first briefed Jong Kook his role that he was Hades. Then, they briefed Ji Hyo together with Jong Kook. Being briefed together, Ji Hyo had naturally mistaken and thought that Jong Kook was Zeus, as such they worked closely together during the episode.

However, when Ji Hyo shared with him an obvious clue that wasn’t beneficial towards him, to protect himself, in a mom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter