Field Day

Memoir To My Melody

 

The next morning at university, it was field day. Every student had to participate, some professor were the core and record keepers while the rest help at the food stand. Students were around the field, playing and challenging each other. Nichkhun is the only one doing nothing except watching other from the track benches. A girl see him and sitting alone, she walk up to him. 
 
“Hi there.” She say friendly. 
 
Nichkhun look up at her and then back at the field. 
 
Victoria just sit next to him. “I heard a lot about you.” She say. “But for some reason, I didn’t feel like whatever they say is true.” 
 
Nichkhun didn’t say anything. 
 
“So I’m Victoria by the way.” Victoria say in a friendly way  with her hand out. 
 
Nichkhun ignore her. 
 
“I heard people call you Nichkhun, right?” Victoria ask. 
 
Nichkhun shake his head. 
 
“that’s the first answer I get from you.” Victoria say happily.
 
“So how come you don’t join any sport?” Victoria ask. Nichkhun continue to act cold. “It’s fun.” She say. 
 
“I don’t feel like it.” Nichkhun say coldly. 
 
Victoria were surprise by his voice. 
 
“Wow you talk.” Victoria say surprisingly. “It’s fun, you should play some kind of sport. Or  you show me around. I’m new here.” Say Victoria. 
 
“You can ask somebody else.” Say Nichkhun coldly. 
 
“You’re the first one I knew and talk too beside the girls.” Say Victoria. “I don’t why but I feel so relief next to you.”
 
“Sorry, I can’t guide you around today.” Say Nichkhun. 
 
He stand up and walk away, Victoria confusedly watch him walk away. He walk around the place a little, he stop in front of the soccer field and watches the boy play soccer. Kahi from the Food Stand, sees Nichkhun standing in front of the soccer field, zoning off, she smiles before she went back to work. Nichkhun head to the food stand, and stop in front of the booth. 
 
“If you like soccer, why don’t you go play with them?” Kahi say as she smiles sweetly. 
 
Nichkhun surprising look up and sees her. 
 
“I’ll be working here today.” Say Kahi. “If you really like it, go gave it a try.”
 
Nichkhun ignore her, he grab a bottle of Pepsi and put the money on the table before he walk away to one of the table. 
 
“Wa—wait.” Kahi say, but Nichkhun ignore her and walk to the table and sit down on the chair. 
 
She put the money in the drawer. Two guys then came up in front of her. 
 
“Ms. Kahi, why are you behind there and not come out and play with us.” Kyu Jong ask. 
 
“Yeah, come have fun with us.” Say Ghun. 
 
“I like staying here.” Kahi lie to them. “I volunteer to help here.” 
 
“Aww. That’s sad, it be awesome if you were our score keeper for the soccer game.” Say Kyu Jong. 
 
“You have professor Jooyeon. She’s good at math.” Say Kahi. 
 
“Yeah but we prefer you.” Ghun flirty say. 
 
Nichkhun was only seating a couple tables away from the stand, he can hear everything and was annoy by the guys. 
 
“Sorry guys, if you’re not going to buy any thing, then please move a side or go somewhere else.” Say Kahi as she point to the line behind them. 
 
Kyu Jong and Ghun turn around to see a bunch of angry ladies waiting to get their foods and drink. The whole day, Nichkhun spent his day sitting at the table by the food stand, looking at the soccer field and the sky. Kahi take a couple glance at him from time to time, only seeing his back rear. By evening Nichkhun stand up and head to work. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nichkhun went to class early and sat at his table with his head down, every body then went to their sit. A new student walk into the room. Kahi stand up and greet the student. 
 
“Okay class, today we have a new student.” Say Kahi. “I will let her introduce herself to everybody.”
 
“Hi, I’m Victoria. Nice to meet you all.” Say Victoria as she bow to the class. 
 
Nichkhun hear the familiar name and look up. 
 
“How about I assign you a seat?” Kahi say. 
 
“No it okay professor. I’ll seat next to Nichkhun.” Say Victoria happily before she walk to Nichkhun. 
 
Kahi look at her confusedly, she watches Victoria walking towards Nichkhun. She was kind of surprise to see a girl so friendly to Nichkhun since he does not talk much. Nichkhun look back down at the table again, ignoring the things around him. During practicing, Victoria sit near Nichkhun to get his attention, but he ignore her and continue to play the notes. Kahi glances from time to time, she caught victoria looking at Nichkhun from time to time. She feel jealous but was not sure, Kahi keep rejecting the jealousy as she shake herself a couple time. The class ended, Victoria walk up to Nichkhun. 
 
“Can you show me around now?” Victoria ask. 
 
Kahi stop for a second, trying not to look up, she continue to listen to them as she pack. Nichkhun look at Victoria who had puppy eyes waiting for him to answer. 
 
“Yeah.” Nichkhun answer her. 
 
Kahi was shock to hear him speak to another person with out anger. He haven’t even talk her or answer any of her question but to Victoria he kindly talk to her. Kahi feeling jealous as she watch Nichkhun and Victoria walk out of her class. Nichkhun show her around the place without talking, Victoria just look around the place. Kahi make an exit to her car, she open the door and get ready to drive. Before she start the engine, she sees Nichkhun and Victoria walking around the school. After they walk pass, Kahi close her eyes and take a couple breaths. 
 
“Park Kahi, ignore the feeling. It just your allusion.” Say Kahi. 
 
Kahi drive away, acting like she didn’t see anything. Nichkhun sees her through the rear mirror, he caught her looking at him as she drive away. Half an hour, Nichkhun head to work alone like usual but instead this time Kahi pop in his mind. He could not forget about her or push her aside. He try to focus in work and finish it without mistake. On his way home, he bump into a group of gang. 
 
“I’ve been waiting for you.” Say Hongki. 
 
Nichkhun look at them and gave a cold expression. 
 
“You are so paying for what you did to me last time.” Say Hongki. 
 
Hongki and his gang draw a metal bar from the back. Nichkhun look at the bar and then back at them.
 
“You are such a grudge holder.” Say Nichkhun. 
 
“Save your talk.” Hongki say. He signal his man to attack Nichkhun. 
 
Nichkhun dodge from one hit to another, but there were too many for him. One of the guy hit him in the back, while the other in the stomach and a punch across his lip. Nichkhun angrily grab the bar and pull it off from one of the guy and swing it against other. Wooyoung drove by with Kahi and Nana in the car. She sees Nichkhun fighting off against a group. 
 
“Stop.” Kahi shout. Wooyoung stop.
 
“What is it?” Nana ask. “What’s wrong.”
 
“that’s my student.” Kahi say, quickly she unbuckle her and quickly run out of the car. 
 
“Wait!” Nana shout.
 
Wooyoung and Nana quickly run after Kahi. 
 
“Stop!” Kahi shout in fear as she run to Nichkhun.
 
Nichkhun grab one of the guys arm and grip on his throat, he sees Kahi running toward the fight. 
 
“Don’t come over here!” Nichkhun shout worried, and he push the guy against the wall. 
 
Wooyoung quickly join the fight, Nana went to grab Kahi back but she was too fast. Hongki and the man sees the girls and a guy coming, they also attack them. Nichkhun quickly run to Kahi in fear after seeing Hongki throwing the bar metal really hard and fast at her. He pull her into his embrace, and turn his body around to cover her. 
 
“Ah!” Nichkhun grunt in pain as he hold onto her tightly. Kahi heard him as she frighten hold onto him. 
 
“Nichkhun…” Kahi concernly as she looks up at him.
 
One of the guy was about attack Nana. “ ahh!” Nana scream frightenly. Wooyoung quickly came to her aid and cover her with his arm cross high up to block the bar stick from hurting Nana. Wooyoung grunt in pain a little. Hongki went to grab the bar again and swing high in the air behind Nichkhun.
 
Wooyoung kick the guy away, and take out his gun from the back, “Everybody freeze!” Wooyoung shout as he point the gun at Hongki. “Who ever make another move, I will shoot that person.” He say coolly, “Don’t try me.”
 
Nana look at Wooyoung from the back with a light smile. Everybody freeze and looks at Wooyoung frightenly. They all drop their bar and away frightenly. 
 
After they disappear, Wooyoung put his gun away and quickly turn around to check on Nana. “Are you okay? Are you hurt?” Wooyoung concernly ask as he quickly check her arms and body. 
 
Nana smiles, “I’m fine.” She say, Nana grab his hand back and take a look at his right arm, a red bruise on his arm show right in front of her. “Are you okay?”
 
“I’m fine. Are you sure you’re okay?” Wooyoung concernly ask. “How about I take you to the doctor?” 
 
“No need, I’m fine.” Nana say softly. 
 
Wooyoung smiles as he pull her into his embrace, Nana smiles warmly as she feel safe and secure in his arm. 
 
Too be continue…………..
 
Please comments, and Thank you for reading my story. :D