It can't be

Memoir To My Melody

 

“I like you oppa.” Victoria nervously confess.
 
Both Nichkhun and Kahi were shock by Victoria. 
 
“I really like you oppa, since the first day I came here. I knew then I would like you. And I wish you can accept my confession.” Victoria say as she surprising hug Nichkhun. “I really want to be our girlfriend.”
 
Kahi heart freezes and worried that Nichkhun would accept her, suddenly her phone rang. Nichkhun quickly break the embrace and look behind him, he sees Kahi standing there sad and shock. Her phone rang a couple time, she finally answer it. 
 
“Yeoboseyo?” Kahi answer her phone
 
“It me Yoochun.” Yoochun say. 
 
“What is it Yoochun oppa?” Kahi ask. 
 
Hearing Yoochun name, Nichkhun grow jealous. 
 
“I just want to let you know that we are having dinner with your parent tonight.” Yoochun say.
 
“Tonight?” Kahi ask. 
 
“I’m sorry, I should have ask you first but today I bump into them on the street and ask them to dinner tonight.” Yoochun explain. “Is it okay with you?” 
 
Kahi breaths a couple time, she look at Nichkhun who is trying to avoid her and act like his not listen to her conversation. 
 
“Umm yeah, I see you tonight then.” Kahi say. 
 
“Okay, I’ll come pick you up at 7.” Yoochun say. 
 
“Okay, bye.” Kahi say before she hand up. 
 
Kahi then look at Nichkhun and Victoria. “Umm I came to give an ice pack. It will help your ankle a little.” She say as she walk up to Victoria and handed her the ice pack.
 
Before Kahi walk away, she look at Nichkhun but he did not look back. Kahi then walk away, Victoria slightly smirk as she looks at Kahi. 
 
“Nichkhun oppa, I know that we only know each other for a few months. But I really like you and hope that you would be my boyfriend.” Victoria say. 
 
Nichkhun look at her, “I need sometime to think about it.” He say before he walk away. 
 
Victoria was hurt as she watch him walk away, “I will get you Nichkhun oppa.” She say. 
 
At night, Nichkhun is working at the restaurant like usual. Kahi parent decided to go out and eat, the host brought the parent to the by the window first. A waitress came up to Nichkhun and tell to be the chief for her parent tonight without knowing that it was Kahi parent. Nichkhun went over to the table after the bus boy set a separate grill on the side by the table.
 
“Annyoung, I will be your chef tonight.” Nichkhun greeted them. 
 
The parent smiles and look through the menu. Yoochun and Kahi then arrive at the restaurant. 
 
“Annyoung omma, appa.” Kahi greeted them.
 
Nichkhun heart froze to her voice. 
 
“It’s been a long time since I’ve seen you Kahi.” Mrs. Park say as she gave him a hug. 
 
“Have a seat.” Say Mr. Park. Kahi and Yoochun sat across from her parent, facing the grill. 
 
The moment she sit, she sees Nichkhun standing behind her parent by the small grill. Nichkhun and Kahi look at each other, he held tightly onto the fork grill as he see her with another man. The waitress then walk up to Nichkhun, she slightly push the stiff Nichkhun to the table. 
 
“What would you like tonight?” The waitress ask. 
 
“Umm smoke steak.” Say Mr. Park. 
 
“I’ll have the same.” Say Mrs. Park. 
 
“For me, I’ll have beef curry.” Say Yoochun. 
 
Everybody order except Kahi who is still looking at Nichkhun. 
 
“Kahi…Kahi.” Yoochun call her. He grab her hand and touch her forehead. “Kahi.”
 
Kahi blink a couple time and look at Yoochun. 
 
“Are you okay?” Yoochun ask. 
 
“Yeah I’m fine.” Kahi say. 
 
“Do you want to order something?” Yoochun ask. 
 
“I’ll just have….have your special.” Kahi say as she look into Nichkhun eyes. 
 
The waitress and Nichkhun nodded. Nichkhun start grilling the smoke steaks and the special dish for Kahi while the waitress went to order curry in the kitchen. The parent begin to talk about the wedding and the date. Kahi kept glancing at Nichkhun, and wanting her parent to stop talking about the wedding. The waitress came back with Yoochun dish, and Nichkhun begin to slice the steak into the dish. He start working on Kahi dish, slicing a thin orange around the plate with a slight red wine swirl sauce on top of it and mash potatoes in the center and pour the steaks on the top gently in a shape of a heart. He then stick two peppermints leafs on the potatoes with two cherries outside of the orange. Nichkhun place two smoke steaks in front of Mrs. And Mr. Park, and then he place the special dish in front of Kahi and walk away. Kahi look at the dishes, it was the same as the last time he made for her after they confess their feeling to each other. Nichkhun went to talk to the waitress about changing new chef, the waitress first disagree but soon gave into him. A new chef came to serve them, Kahi look around the restaurant to see where Nichkhun was. He was on the other side of there room, serving for another table. She frown as she continue to eat. The next day at school in Kahi classroom, everybody was practicing on the piano. Nichkhun suddenly receive a call from his mom work, he answer the call.
 
“Yeoboseyo?” Nichkhun say.
 
After the manager at his mom work told him what happen, Nichkhun quickly grab his stuff and run out of the room and to the bus station. Some students watches Nichkhun running out of the room in shock, Kahi sees him run out of the room, she wanted to chase after him but she couldn’t leave room with students suspicious. Nichkhun had back to Gwacheon as fast as possible, once he arrive he run to the hospital as fast as possible. Seeing senior standing worriedly by the ER, Nichkhun breathlessly walk up quickly to them. 
 
“Ho—how is my omma?” Nichkhun ask frightenly. “Wh—what happen?”
 
The manager went up to him with a sad face and pat on his shoulder, “At work today, she suddenly had a and her heart stop beating. We quickly take her to the hospital and is now waiting for the doctor to come out.” The manager say.
 
Nichkhun waited by the door for the doctor to come out, about 15 minute later two doctors and a nurse walk out of the ER. 
 
“Doctors, how is my omma?” Nichkhun ask concernly. 
 
“I’m sorry, we have try our best.” Say the doctor. “We could not save her.”
 
“No, no there must be a way.” Nichkhun insist. “Please save my mom.”
 
“I’m sorry, we can’t.” The doctor say. “It seem like she had this sickness with her for 10 years. It’s not contagious but it will slowly kill a person. I’m sorry we can’t save her.”
 
The doctor walks away, Nichkhun kneels on his knees in front of the emergency room. 
 
“Nichkhun.” The elder calling him sadly.
 
Nichkhun cries tears. “omma…” he sob, “This is not…you can’t leave me. Om…ma…” The elder patted his shoulder, “Omma…..please don’t leave me….” He sobs.
 
The elders cries along with him. A couple hours later, Nichkhun went back to his mom home at night, he open the door, allusion of his mom smiling as she walk from trees to flowers. He close the door and walk into the house, 
 
“Nichkhun I made your favor food.” Nichkhun hearing his mom voice in his head. 
 
He looks around the empty house and see a letter left by the TV, he pick up the later and read it. 
 
“Nichkhun, my son.
I have been feeling unwell since your last visit, dizzy and weak I know my time is up…..I couldn’t tell you about it because I don’t want to see you stop smiling….I guess I can’t be there with you when you get marry….but I do want you to continue smiling, the smiles that omma have not seen since your first word…..indeed your first word had brought me joy and I will never forget that moment….because you are and will be my son.…Mianhe Nichkhun…Please forgive omma for leaving you early....The money you gave me last time, I left it in the box under the bed. I also safe up a little and have pay off the loan. Take the money and go after your dream, whatever you do, omma will always support you. So don’t…cry…don’t be sad because I can’t no longer be by your side but I will always love you…Omma.”
 
Nichkhun cries as he read the letter from his mom, he hold the letter tightly into his chest. 
 
“Omma…” Nichkhun cries on his knee.
 
Too be continue………
 
Please Comments
Thank You :D