Do I Know You?

Love Never Fails

"Director Shim, the press want to contact you regarding the opening of Seoul General's new medical wing."

Seullee pressed her immaculately burgundy-tinted lips into a thin line.

"Secretary Lee, you know we don't have time in the schedule for pesky press that doesn't add value to our hospital." She said dismissively, not sparing her secretary a glance from her paperwork.

Secretary Lee nodded, far too used to her boss' strict no-nonsense attitude. "Sorry Director, I thought it would be good publicity."

Seullee gave a wry look to her secretary. "We are a hospital. We don't need publicity. If patients need us, they'll come of their own accord."

That sent the older woman into a flurry of nods and she left the office sheepishly with a mumble of apologies under her breath.

Seullee glanced at the closed door with her brows furrowed. She should consider a bell ringing policy with her secretary, who had a habit of whisking in whenever she thought she had something important to say. "Thought" being the operative word. There was rarely something that was being raised up that was important that Seullee didn't already see coming.

But Seullee had to be careful of how she treated her staff. She was already known to be exceedingly impatient and demanding to her staff, and although she was regarded with awe and respect for being a prodigy at both her surgery as well as hospital executive work, she was far too aware of the gossipmongers spreading rumours that she was a nasty monster.

Not that it really bothered her though. She had more important things on her mind. Like the opening of the new medical wing and the upcoming major surgery on one of Korea's ministers where she was going to lead, of course. She had no qualms about her skills; she was just annoyed about the media coverage. Seullee never liked attention, but attention favoured the powerful and talented, which she was.

"Director-"

Seullee swore she nearly snarled at her secretary when she whisked in yet again, but stopped herself when she saw someone behind her.

"Sorry, but there's someone who wants to meet with you."

Seullee stared stonily back at her secretary, who had the audacity to have a tittering giggle and simpering smile on her face. "There is a schedule. With prioritisation." She gritted her teeth, focusing her glare on the person behind her secretary. Who dared to get past security to demand an appointment?

"Seul."

Seullee stared back up at the tall pretty boy with dyed hair, dressed much too frivolously for her liking in tight jeans and a showy leather jacket. He was handsome and charming, no wonder her secretary had turned into a ditsy mess. He looked back at Seullee with a broad smile, as if he had known her all his life.

I am going to fire Secretary Lee.

"Do I know you?"