Hand in Hand

a chip on one's shoulder (discontinued)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

; Since I'm not really good at writing fluff, this is based from a comment on youtube. I will write at the bottom where is it from:>>

 

 

March 30, 1985

A girl named Ahn Yujin, got out of their house. She plans on going to a bookstore to buy comics she read. When she got out of the store, another girl around her age held out her hand to Yujin and shyly asked Yujin to walk with her.

Yujin thought it was harmless to go with another kid, and so they walked hand in hand. 

"My name's Yujin. Do you want to eat tteokbokki?"

Yujin asked the girl who still she didn't know the name.

"Okay"

The girl sweetly said. While they were eating ramen, 'Can't Fight This Feeling' by REO Speedwagon was playing on the radio. Both the girls consider the moment sweet and they would definitely remember that day.

"Hey, meet me again tomorrow at 11 am. Let's eat ramen again"

The unnamed girl said to Yujin, and Yujin can only nod while saying her goodbye. Smile never leaving her face as she hum the tune of a song she can't recognize while walking home.

And tomorrow comes, the girls met again at 11 am in front of the bookstore. They get to know each other. Asks question from their curiosity.

"What's your name?"

Yujin finally asks since she's been referring the girl as 'You' when talking to her.

"My name's Minju"

"How old are you?"

"I'm 12 years old"

"You're older than me then, unnie"

Yujin smiled at Minju the widest can reach. While Minju laughed at how ridiculous Yujin looks. Spectators such as, the vendor of the food stall and the other people near them, all think how cute the friendship between the two kids are. But for the two they knew they already caught feelings.

That night Yujin can't sleep while thinking of Minju. Although eventually, she fell asleep. They scheduled to meet each other again the next weekend, same time and same place.

 

June 11, 1988

3 years passed they became closer than ever, their meetings either go with them just walking around a park near their houses or just picnicking with whatever food they can buy.

Yujin is now 13 years old while Minju is 15. 
The thing is Yujin have to move to another country, her parents got a job in Japan.

It is the weekend again, scheduled for them to meet. Yujin's thinking of a way to break the news to Minju without upsetting her.

"Yujin, I don't think we can meet next week"

Minju suddenly said while Yujin was in deep thought. 

"Why?"

"My mother signed me up on a tutor, she said I was slacking at school."

Yujin only nod, while still thinking of a word on how to start her explanation. As much as she wanted to stay, there

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter