Chapter 1

A Crisis in Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Here's a short chapter to start the story off.

 

//

 

“Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” It’s starting to sound like a mantra and a light pink starts to colour Chorong’s otherwise pale cheeks.

 

They’re sitting on the floor of the common room with a handful of students and it was a nice chill gathering until someone had snuck in some bottles of liquor (which Chorong, as Class President, will turn a blind eye to since she wants to stay as the Class President everyone loved). It was a game of Spin The Bottle and it was Bomi’s turn when the bottle pointed in Chorong’s direction, which explains why everyone in the room was now chanting for them to kiss. Chorong didn’t even want to partake in this dumb game, she merely sat next to Bomi to stay close to her best friend who insisted she wanted to play. (Mainly because Bomi doesn’t handle alcohol too well so Chorong has best friend duties).

 

“... Can I?” Bomi asks with both concern and uncertainty laced in her voice.

 

“I’m not even playing the game, and Changsub-“ Chorong tries to reason but she gets cut off when her boyfriend of four months speaks up from somewhere in the room.

 

“Hey! I’m definitely allowing it!” And that’s Changsub. He’s awfully similar to Bomi - the life of the party and the cool kid everyone wants to be friends with. All he’s thinking about at that moment is how two attractive girls kissing is always a win for anyone, so he shoots them a smug wink. Oh, what the heck, Chorong thinks to herself before she rolls her eyes and faces Bomi. “Fine”, she sighs.

 

Bomi shifts her weight onto a hand on the floor and her other hand snakes around the back of Chorong’s head, finding itself in soft black hair. Chorong has her hands on Bomi’s shoulders and as Bomi leans in, the cheering gets louder in the room yet softer in Chorong’s head. She can’t hear them anymore and all she hears is her heart beating. It’s just one kiss, but it’s slow and if they weren’t just friends, it’d come off as really sensual. Their lips meet and move in perfect harmony before Bomi tugs Chorong’s bottom lip between her teeth as she pulls away from the kiss, eliciting a small sound from the older girl. Chorong’s cheeks are definitely bleeding a shade of red now. She feels the heat in her face and the embarrassment growing inside and she can’t help but note that Changsub doesn’t kiss her that well.

 

“wHOOOOO!!!!” The crowd in the room cheers loudly before Eunji, the Class Vice-President, shouts for everyone to keep their voices down because they wouldn’t want to be caught having a party in the dorm.

 

Luckily, like most of the other times they’ve had a party, they don’t get caught and everyone’s happy the whole Friday night.

 

//

 

The morning after is what most of them despise.

 

“Ugh, my head is throbbing” Bomi groans as she stirs awake in her bed, bringing her hands to hold her head tight, as if she could alleviate the pain by doing so.

 

“Here,” Chorong passes her a painkiller and a glass of water like it’s a routine. To be fair, it kind of was for them. They’ve been best friends since high school and followed each other to college as roommates like it wasn’t even something they had to think twice about. They’ve been living like this, juxtaposed yet a perfect match for each other. They complement one another. Bomi is like a spreading fire and Chorong is the water that comes right after for damage control, to keep the fire down when it should.

 

“I’m meeting Changsub for lunch soon, don’t die in here, okay?” Chorong chuck

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter