Chapter 1

Road to LOVE

Screams are heard as the famous Kim Taehyung gets out of his Dark green Nissan 200SX S15, he is currently in Tokyo National Highschool. He is just 18 years old and currently in his 12th grade. The youngster made his name when it comes to car racing and Drifting. When it comes to racing he is a top notch, he is not the son of an international champion in racing for nothing. Taehyung also known as V when it comes to the racing world. He is also known for being a chick magnet or Ladies man.

“Aish early morning.” a blue haired guy came out of Mazda RX7. “Yah can you tame those fans of yours.” He said as he brushed his hands through his hair.

“Yah Jimin ah, you have your own set of fans. Don’t be annoyed.” Taehyung said as he pokes the small boys side. “Just be happy and smile okay.” He said as he winks to the girls that he can see.

They entered the school premises and they went to their classroom. These two are best friends since they are in diapers. They’ve been through a lot and they treated each other as brothers.

“have you seen Kumi chan?” Taehyung said as he sat on his chair.

“No, not yet. I guess she is with Yoongi hyung last night, hyung had a match and he actually won. “ JImin said as he brought out his notebook.

“You seriously gonna study?” Taehyung asked as he snatched the notebook from him. “We can still pass tho.”

Jimin sighed. “Come on Taehyung, can we be a responsible student at least.”

“Jimin ah, you know that we can’t relax and play once we hit collage, you know how freak our parents when it comes to business.”

It is true, that is the problem when you are a son of a rich business man. They need a successor and the thing is they are guys so it’s really under their shoulders. Jimin’s family owns chains of hotels, while Taehyung’s are having food chains. They are Korean’s however their family migrated in Japan since they got a good business in this country.

They are in thoughts when the teacher walked in, Taehyung looks in the specific spot inside the room, it’s still empty.

“She’s late..” he said to Jimin.

“Oh come on Tae, you know Kumi. I guess Yoongi hyung asked her to do something again.” Jimin said as he takes down notes as the teacher blabbers some things.

“Gomenasai Sensei.” The door opens revealing a girl who is trying to catch her breath and a necktie is not properly worn.

“Matsuo Kumiko. You are late again..” the teacher sighed as she placed the book on the table.

Kumi sighed as she bowed in front of the teacher.

“Sensei.” The door opens wider, revealing a Yoongi who is wearing this smile on his face. The teacher softens as she saw Yoongi.

Taehyung and Jimin who is looking to their teacher chuckled as they saw what is happening in front. This is the second time that Yoongi showed to their class to save the of his sister.

“I would like to apologize for my sister being late, its actually because of me.” He said as he gave her a sad smile, acting it out. The teacher softens. “I actually drag her last night and we lost track of time.”

“Owhh that’s fine. Don’t worry about it.” The teacher smiled and let Kumi entered the room. “Take care Yoongi.” The teacher said as she smiles lovingly at Yoongi.

Yoongi bowed to the teacher and then he went to his class. Yoongi is a part time music teacher in the school. He is good in playing the piano and he is Kumi’s half-brother.

“Late again..” Taehyung teases Kumi as the latter sits beside JImin.

“Urasai Tae chan..” she said, trying to fix her necktie. She sighed as she can’t get it right.

“Here.” JImin puts down his pen and looks at her. “Let me do it.” He said and fixed her necktie. Kumi can’t help but blush at what Jimin did. The blue haired is really affectionate to her. While she is receiving a different treatment from Taehyung, but she knew that the boys are her best friends. Jimin is the soft and loving brother while Taehyung is the tough side.

“Luckily Yoongi hyung is there to save you again.” Taehyung said while playing with his pen.

“He should, because he dragged me last night to Kyoto for his match. I told him that his car is already good to go but he didn’t listen.” She said as she annoyingly placed her notebook to her desk. “That old man..” Taehyung is hiding his laugh, its too cute seeing Kumi whining about her older brother. “I don’t care if he is the top racer of their team. I have classes to attend.”

“We all know Yoongi hyung is like that. He wanted to make sure that his car is all set before the race.” Jimin smiled at him.

“Minnie chan I already checked it and I said that it’s in the good condition to run few laps in the hill.” She sighed still annoyed.

“I will actually do the same just like Yoongi hyung, you are accessible so might have an advantage of it.” Taehyung explained a bit.

Kumi didn’t argue she just focus to the lesson and by lunch time they are in the cafeteria. She and Jimin are in one table and they are looking for Taehyung.

“Where is Tae chan?” she asked as she started to eat her lunch. “I saw him get out of the room.”

“Sorry I’m late, I did something.” Taehyung said as he settled beside Jimin.

“The heck man, still doing it?” JImin sighed as he saw a red mark on Tae’s neck. “You actually let someone to mark you?”

Tae sighed in annoyance. “I didn’t let her, this was forced. It was just a quick make out session and I never thought that she can place a mark right away.” He flashed his box smile.

Kumi sighed at that. They all know Taehyung is a playboy really the opposite of Jimin. “Who’s the girl?” she asked without looking at him.

“Owh it’s from the different grade. “he replied started to chew his food.

 

They are eating their food in a harmonious way when Jimin breaks the silence. “Kumi chan, I just wanted to ask if you can check my car later.” he said giving her his cutest smile.

Kumi returned the smile. “You don’t need to ask me about it, I can go and check it right away. Is there any changes that you added to it?”

“Ahmm we actually bought new tires to it, I just wanted to know what can you say about it. If it will match the car in a right way.

“No problem we can check it later in the shop.” She can’t say no to Jimin as always.

 

When you heard the Matsuo surname in their area it not a joke. Her father is known for being the best mechanic in town and famous for his skills, it’s just so happen that her father died in a car accident 3 years ago. It was one of the tragedy happened in the Akina mountain when one drifter is asking her father to set up the car for a match. They miss calculated something in the car’s engine that is why the car got into an accident. She was just 15 that time, she has no mother and the only person that she has now is her half-brother Yoongi, who is also a drifter, who mainly focuses in driving while Kumi since a kid is already fascinated by her father’s job and now she didn’t fully take over the shop she just applied the things that she learned from her father to her brother’s car.

Owning a car for drifting is not a small thing. You need to invest to it, the wheels itself are too expensive and they can be worn out for a few drifts. Especially in Japan the mountains have so many corners and they are sharp. Kumi also knows how to drive and drift it’s just that she didn’t always do it. Also Yoongi is woorried for her. Her brother knows that she is hanging out with the drifter boys which is Taehyung and Jimin. He has his own crew too so it’s okay for him.

 

As they ended the classes for the day Taehyung is again missing.

“Taehyung is such a boy.” Kumi stated as she walks beside Jimin.

“Aigoo, you know him, maybe he is making out with someone again or having a quickie in some place in the school.” Jimin shake his head. “That happy go lucky guy.”

“Wheeew, he is really different from his brothers.” Kumi laughed a bit.

They are finally in front of the Yellow white RX7. Jimin handed her the keys. Maybe you wanted to test if for a drive.” He smiled.

“She can’t..” Yoongi suddenly appeared at their back.

“Oh gosh!” she exclaimed. “I thought you are going home late?” she asked him.

“Togue, There is Grip gambler race in MT. Haruna, the crew is going to watch, maybe you and Jimin wanted to check it out?” Yoongi said as he loosens up his necktie.

Kumi looks at Jimin. “Its fine for me.” Jimin replied.

“Alright then we’re set. Oh where is Taehyung?” Yoongi asked as he noticed that the tall guy is missing.

“Probably ing I guess.” Kumi rolls her eyes.

“Language lady.” Yoongi said as he nods at her and entered his car. Yoongi is actually owning a black GTR. “Just follow okay.” He said and drove off.

“So…” JImin stated. “Go ahead and drive.”

Kumi smile and nods at him. “Hai.” She then went to the driver seat. “As expected to Jimin’s car.” The first thing that she notices is the smell of strawberries inside the car. “Strawberries.”

Jimin blushed because of it. “Aigoo, now drive.” He then brought out his phone and texted Taehyung where they are going. Kumi drove off and followed Yoongi right away. She is so focused in her driving at the same time checking if there is something about Jimin’s car. Jimin is looking at her with a smile on his face.

 

As they finally reached the Mountain Pass they were welcomed by Yoongi’s other team mates.

“Hi Kumi chan!” greeted by Hoseok. The best friend of his brother.

“Hobi nee chan.” She smiled and gave him a high five.

“Owhh so you brought Jimin from Bangtan.” He said eyeing Jimin. “Where is Taehyung? You guys are always together right?”

“We don’t even know where he is actually.” Jimin replied. He looks around and there are so many people around them wanting to see the race. Both Bangtan and AugustD are famous racers they quite made a name for themselves.

Kumi pops up the hood of Jimin’s car and looks at the engine. Few more minutes and the race will start. “So what do you think?” Jimin asks.

“The wheels are not properly aligned and I am sure you feel that when you drove the car this morning. Do you have a race coming?” she asked in a serious tone.

“None so far. Taehyung have one.” Jimin replied.

“We need to tune up your car, no more race for the mean time okay.” She said to her.

“Alright boss.” Jimin nods.

The race finally started and all of them are there waiting and watching. There are different teams who are also watching, checking if some of the teams can be a competition to them. Since Yoongi is the one who is always on the road and competitions he was able to tell who is the strongest opponent or not. “See that?” he said to Kumi as he put his arm his shoulder. “See that guy across the road. That’s Jackson, from GOT7, I heard that he is going to be Taehyung’s next match. He’s got a Lancer Evo and good in racing.”

Kumi looks at the guy and sensed something off. Their attention was suddenly drawn to the race as the cars run pass through them.

The race ended and no casualties. They were about to go when Taehyung suddenly appeared in front of them.

“What the heck Taehyung where did you go?” JImin asked a bit annoyed to his bestfriend. “Did you get laid?”

Taehyung flashed his boxed smile to them.

“baka.. (Idiot) ” Kumi whispered.

“I heard that.” Taehyung said as he pulls her closer to him.

“Yah, get away from me you ladies man.” She said as she slowly pushes him away.

“Ouch..” Taehyung fakes a hurt expression. “You are so mean to me Kumi chan.” He said with a pout.

“It won’t work for me Tae chan.” She said while shaking her head in annoyance.

“Okay let’s call this a day.” Yoongi said. “Get in the car.” He said to Kumi.

“Oh.” Jimin said.

“Is there a problem Park?” Yoongi asked in a different tone.

“Aniyo..” he said giving Yoongi a nervous smile.

“Minnie chan..” Kumi reached out to his arms. “We can fix it tomorrow since its Saturday.” She gave him a smile. She bid goodbye to JImin and Hobi but not to Taehyung.

The two AugustD racers drove off leaving the Two Bangtan boys.

“How come she didn’t say goodbye to me..” Tae is still faking his tears.

“Yah, you know that you guys have this love hate relationship among the three of us. You always .” Jimin said as he entered his car.

“Hey let me race you.” Taehyung said as he went to his car.

“Sorry can’t do.” Jimin replied earning a questionable look from Taehyung. “Kumi analyzes the car and it’s not in the good condition right now, that is why we are going to fix it tomorrow.” Taehyung pouted at him and then both of them sped off.

****

First one is up . :) Hello! and gomen for the profanities. :)

Quick facts:

Togue

Tōge also spelled “touge” is a Japanese word meaning “pass”. This word refers to a mountain pass which consists of many narrow winding roads common to Japan’s mountainous range. It is with these roads that Japanese motorsport enthusiasts, adrenaline junkies, and drift experts developed Tōge Street Racing.

The 3 main types of Tōge battles include:

  1. Cat and Mouse/Sudden Death—usually for roads not wide enough to allow passing, but if one car overtakes another they are declared winner.
  2. Time attack/Ghost battles—challenges in racing where the opponents are timed separately over a particular length of road and the racer with the quickest time wins.
  3. Grip Gambler—if the pass is wide enough for both cars, whoever leads in the end of the Tōge is pronounced winner.

credits:

https://blogs.ubc.ca/bethanywat/2017/10/02/japans-underground-toge-scene/