Insert

This is not happening!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Unnie, didn’t y’all said something about an outing? What are we even doing here?” Rosé complained.

 

 

Q“The author forgot to insert this arc,” Wendy sighed. “You want to see the flashback?” Wendy asked.

 

 

“Fine,” Rosé said.

 

 

Wendy heard their manager call out her name. She approached her and asked what it was about. “Wendy-sshi, uhm we’re going to have to move your photoshoot to next week,” she said to her. “Oh okay, may I ask why?” Wendy said.

 

 

“I’m sorry this is such a short notice Wendy-sshi, but that network that will host that benefit concert asked for you and Rosé. You’re going to have to perform,” their manager said nervously. Wendy was surprised.

 

 

“But didn’t their preparations started weeks ago? And isn’t the concert 3 days from now? Didn’t we decline that offer because of the comeback preparations?” Wendy fired a barrage of questions. This is definitely short notice.

 

 

“Apparently a few of the front artists from the line up had an incident and will not be performing on the day. Their line up was messed up and they pleaded us to let you perform,” their manager said. Wendy can only sigh.

 

 

“I’m going to kill you, author-nim.”

 

 

Now, the two singers found themselves infront of SM entertainment, where they are about to collab with some of its artists. Wendy is especially giddy and shaky. She doesn’t know if she wants to faint or puke and then faint. Rosé wonders if Wendy is just nervous or she just consumed the whole pack of ground coffee Wendy sealed away from the whole group.

 

 

“Unnie, people might think there’s an earthquake by how much you’re shaking,” Rosé put her hands on Wendy’s shoulders to stop her from vibrating like a driller.

 

 

“Sorry, it’s just..” Wendy trailed. Rosé completely understood and patted her unnie’s back. Wendy might meet Red Velvet. And she has a high chance of having a mental breakdown and embarrass herself before she even meet Red Velvet.

 

 

“There’s a possibility you’ll run into them unnie, especially that I’m singing with Seulgi unnie,” Rosé informed her. Wendy may have stopped breathing for a while.

 

 

“This soon? And here I am declaring I’d meet her properly with confidence but I’m chickening out already,” Wendy thought.

 

 

“You’re going to be on the east wing Rosie, and I’ll be down by the south. There’s a high chance we won’t meet too,” Wendy said more to herself. Yes, she has a chance to meet the members, and a very high possibility in meeting Seulgi. 

 

 

“Are you avoiding them?”Rosé asked.

 

 

“Not necessarily, I can take one but not all four at once, I might seriously not see the sun tomorrow,” Wendy said who was sweating uncontrollably.

 

 

“Unnie, why do I have to be the one to sing in that collab? I personally believe you’re a better candidate than me,” Rosé whined. Rosé is going to be a part of a vocal trio of the third generation’s top girl groups. She has been pushing the role to Wendy but Wendy agreed in collaborating with Exo’s D.O instead, knowing Rosé deserves to be there. Wendy looked at Rosé. It was her turn to be the responsible chipmunk.

 

 

“Chaeyoung-ah, if anyone deserves to be there, it’s you. The fans and I vouch for you,” Rose didn’t want to but Wendy insisted. She didn’t know if this Wendy knows what her reputation here was.

 

“You don’t need to worry about me, Rosie, “ Wendy said who knowingly smiled.

 

“Maybe she does know,” Rosé thought. Wendy patted her head and waved farewell.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll show them who Wendy is,” Wendy said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy knows she’s not the main vocal everyone knows. BP Wendy may be a main vocal of Blackpink but everyone associates her more as a dancer and a charismatic performer on stage. Which was quite the opposite of who she is. That is why Wendy does her best to keep up with that reputation. She spends more time in the dance studio and always ask for Lisa’s help in regards to choreo. She trains hard to fill up the gap BP Wendy left behind. So, when the opportunity to sing came up, she gladly agreed to the idea. Because as much as she improved and actually enjoyed dancing more now, singing fuels her blood. Its her brand.

 

On the fact that she stepped down for Rosie to sing with Seulgi and Jihyo, she thinks it’s more fitting because Rosé is Blackpink’s og main vocal. She deserves it. She’s not going to take that spot. She doesn’t want the spotlight, she just wants to sing. But before that she has to find Studio 12-B first.

 

Son Seungwan, how in YG’s dungeon are you lost?! You work here for almost 10 years!

 

She’s not a even a tad bit late because she made sure they are arrive early. Based on experience (specifically 25 chapters), she’s sure a lot of things will happen in the next few days. She just wanted to arrive there without a scratch but it seemed the author put her in own labyrinth. And anytime from now, a damn minotaur would appear.

 

“Well, look who we have here,” Wendy froze. It has only been a few days since she heard that voice. She turned around and there she was.

 

Seulgi.

 

Wendy watched her come closer. She stood there frozen. Now that she’s not wearing a costume, she can finally talk to her normally. She missed her bestfriend so much. Sweet, caring, adorable Seulgi—

 

“I can’t believe they let a scum like you enter the building,” Seulgi scoffed at her.

 

What.

 

Say that again?

 

“What? Cat got your tongue? Don’t tell me the great Wendy Son has no comeback for me today?” Wendy heard Seulgi in a tone she never heard Seulgi used in her whole life.

 

Is-is she mocking me?

 

“I know we haven’t seen each other for a while so maybe you’ve gone soft on me,” she came closer. “But who am I kidding? I know you’re just hiding in that sheep’s skin of yours,” Wendy heard Seulgi mutter. Wendy’s blood ran cold. She has never ever heard Seulgi so cold and menacing.

 

Seul???

 

Wendy stood there dumbfounded. “Wait, did I miss something. Is this the same girl who claim her as her soulmate even with a bear costume? Because I only saw Seulgi as a threat on stage. Not on real people!” Wendy entered panic mode. “Obviously, there’s something’s amiss with this one and the other Wendy, but I couldn’t just retaliate because how could I?” Wendy thought as her brain went overdrive. She decided to just shut up and prayed she be left alone and revise a game plan. She can’t handle this Seulgi yet.

 

“Ignoring me, are you? Classic,” Seulgi got to her face. “Listen here Son, you're in my territory. You better watch your back,” Seulgi said coldly and walked away.

 

She watched Seulgi’s retreating figure until she rounded a corner.

 

“Wha- what the !?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“PARK CHAEYOUNG, WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME KANG SEULGI HERE HATES ME!” Wendy almost shouted on the phone.

 

“Oh my god! I knew I forgot something. Sorry unnie hehe,” Rosé said. Wendy was hiding behind a glass wall, crouched on her knees.

 

“Well, would you at least tell me why now?” Wendy said as she shivered how cold Seulgi was to her earlier.

 

“Oh unnie, you know Seulgi unnie is Jisoo unnie’s bestfriend here right?” Rose said on the phone. “And Seulgi was there too to pick up the pieces when you two broke up,” Rosie said. Wendy’s mind click.

 

“Oh, I forgot. I’m the ex. Of course she hates me too,” Wendy could only sigh.

 

“If you think about it now, I’m glad you didn’t collab or it will be war. She hates you,” Rosé laughed while Wendy sighed again.

 

What happened to that sweet Seulgi I met last time? Oh, and she’s Jisoo’s bestfriend here? Now, I have to make her like me too if I get to have Jisoo’s good side? Why do I have to be stuck in complicated situations?

 

“I was just threatened in the hallway. No, she adores me,” she shuddered at the thought of hostile Seulgi. “I guess I have to solve that later. Damn, I cant keep up with this ’ problems,” Wendy said on the phone. She heard Rosé laugh on the other end.

 

“You can do it unnie, for what it’s worth you’re doing better than expected. We didn’t see bruises,” Rosé cackled.

 

“Haha funny Roseanne,” Wendy said.

 

“I’ll see you at later unnie,” Rosé said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy spent a little too much time practicing. The producers adored her too much.

 

“Oh Wendy-sshi, could you do that bit before the chorus? Maybe we could do it a in another way this time because wow I didn’t know you could reach that high. Maybe we can—”

 

“I’m sorry producer-nim. I think we covered most of everything today and the lady needs to go home too,” Kyungsoo said on the sidelines.

 

“Kyungsoo-oppa, thank you so much huhuhu,” Wendy thought as she tried not to faint from exhaustion. She didn’t even noticed they’ve been practicing for hours. She just felt so at ease in the studio.

 

“Oh well, I expect a collaboration in the future Wendy-sshi. Why you didn’t audition here is truly a loss,” the producer said a little sad.

 

“I did though but sometimes I regret it,” Wendy thought. “Thank you for taking care of me,“ she bowed.

 

“Thank you for doing this last minute Wendy-sshi. You were amazing. I’ll see you tomorrow for the rehearsal,” Kyungsoo said to her. “No, sunbaenim. Thank you for considering me,” Wendy bowed and D. O. smiled one of his rare smiles.

 

“I’m sure we’ll give them the show they want.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter