Missing

This is not happening!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“What do you mean you still haven’t found her?” An angry Jennie said to the phone. “She’s wearing that damn costume—,” she paused listening to the other end. “Are you mocking me?!” her voice must have gone up a few octaves. “Okay, I’m sorry just, please find her. Thank you,” she dropped the call.

 

 

“Unnie,” Lisa said to Jennie. Rosé, Jennie and Lisa were sitting on their couch at their dorm. Rosé has been already on route to her Wendy unnie’s event. When she arrived however, she only saw a very pale, very disoriented manager and a dead looking Jennie.

 

 

“Unnie, what’s wrong?” She addressed the two elders. Jennie looked at her. Rosé came closer and said,

 

 

“Omae wa mou….shindeiru.”

 

 

“Nani?!” Jennie slapped Rose’s arm.

 

 

“What!? You both look like you’re gearing up for a funeral or something!” Rosé rubbed her now red arm. “And where’s Wendy unnie by the way?” She looked around for her small leader.

 

 

“I don’t know,” Jennie answered.

 

 

“What do you mean you don’t know? We were supposed to eat after this right?” Rosé said but was taken aback by the hard look on Jennie’s face.

 

 

“She’s missing,” was what Jennie said but their manager on the other hand said, “She’s been kidnapped.”

 

 

Rosé looked at the looked two. She remained still for a while the exclaimed, “I knew it! You’re getting back at me because I’ve skipped this, didn’t I? Look, I told you it was important—

 

 

“We’re not lying,” Jennie said. Rosé stopped mid-sentence. “We don’t know really but when we were about to home, she was gone.”

 

 

Rosé was quiet the whole ride home. Lisa was waiting at home hoping for some news because that last phone call with Jennie was hella confusing. When she was informed though, she went all panicky and restless.

 

 

“Unnie, what did they say?” Lisa asked after Jennie dropped the phone call. “They’re still trying to find her, don’t worry. I’m sure she’s going to be okay,” Jennie tried to put on a brave front. Lisa knows she’s afraid as they were but she’s just trying her best. Her best friend is the one whose missing here.

 

 

“It’s my fault,” Rosé said. The two friends looked at her. “If I didn’t put her through that event, she wouldn’t have been kidnapped—“

 

 

“No, Rosie. This was never your fault,” Jennie said to her, gently patting her arm. “This was out of our hands. It’s that brat’s fault for being stupid. Maybe she just walked off and fell down the sewer,” she said as she tried to lighten the mood. Rosé smiled a little. It was quiet again.

 

 

“Who-,” Rosé spoke again. The two looked at her. “Who’s going to tell her,” she looked at them. Jennie and Lisa looked at each other confused but it was Lisa who got it first.

 

 

“Nope, not me. I don’t want to die,” Lisa looked at Jennie. Jennie was still confused until she wasn’t.

 

 

Oh .

 

 

Jisoo.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy doesn’t consider herself to be careless. She keeps count of things. That’s why she’s good with numbers. So how did she end up lost in the streets of Seoul with nothing but a mascot costume? She has no idea. Or maybe she did.

 

 

Because you’re stupid Wendy.

 

 

“Yup, that’s it,” she said to herself as her stomach rumbled. “You’re stupid and hungry. Really, Seungwan, I don’t know how you do it,” she said as she entered a mall. People really didn’t give much thought to a passing mascot except maybe kids who’d like to high five the mascot. Wendy wanted to take off the head so she could feel the the cold air from the air conditioning machine but she’s still being chased. Yep, she’s stupid, hungry and wanted. This day hadn’t been easy to her at all.

 

 

Son Seungwan, voted number 1 for being the y brainiac idol, had managed to sleep in an empty van meant for a different celebrity for separate YG event. The crew didn’t bother checking because Ikon’s Donghyuk was supposed to wear the costume too and since she just had to cover her face while sleeping, the crew assumed it was DK and he just wanted to sleep first with his costume on. It was a shock to them when they found Blackpink’s leader instead sleeping like the dead. She was shook awake and was immediately informed of the situation.

 

 

Jennie is going to kill me.

 

 

But how did she end up lost in streets? Son Seungwan’s bad luck, of course. A group of sasaeng fans managed to ambush their van while stopping at a gas station before going back to dropped off Wendy. She managed to put on Kronk’s head before they bust open the door and scrambled to her. It was chaos in the van as she tried to get away from a couple of teenagers and she didn’t even know if it’s a blackpink or an Ikon fan. One thing lead to another, she squeezed her way out of the car window and ran for her life as the crew hold off the sasaengs.

 

 

“Maybe this is where I say something traumatic happened that changed my life check,” she said to herself as she made her way through the crowd. She’s going to find another exit and take a taxi home.

 

 

“I would have gladly pose for a picture really. Why break a perfectly functioning car door and scare the beejeezus out of us. Oh god, I have to check on the crew if they’re alright too,” she said as she took a corner.

 

 

She was walking next to the shops remembering she didn’t really had the time to go out by herself. But she dismissed the thought immediately. She can’t afford a time to be alone. She’ll just overthink stuff and look where she’ll be?

 

 

“Are you all having fun?” Someone said through the sound system. The voice echoed through the center mall right where Wendy was. The crowd happily cheered at the speaker. Wendy, however, felt like her knees would give out and and every word felt like Rose’s brick brownies being thrown at her head. She was sweating through her costume but she was trembling.

 

 

That voice.

 

 

Her feet instinctively made its way through the crowd, drawn like a spell. She didn’t care if she’s bumping other fangirls. She didn’t care if she just spilled that boy’s Starbucks or bumped a lady’s ice cream cone out of her hand. She would have gladly apologized but they can wait. They have to wait.

 

 

“Aren’t you too cheerful for a shoe event,” the speaker said as she gave a cheeky smile, her eyes disappearing and just like that, everyone melted. But Wendy kept moving, immune. But she goddamn miss that smile and the very person who owns it.

 

 

“Oh my, a bear!” The speaker has now noticed Wendy. Of course, she would. Who wears a bear mascot at a fan event? It’s not impossible but Wendy has seen bizarre things at fan-signs.

 

 

Wendy’s heart is struggling to rip out of her chest. She hadn’t notice it but her face was already wet of tears. She stopped, looked up and faced the person she missed the most.

 

 

“I guess the same species do attract each other. Hi, soulmate,” she giggled as she addressed Wendy. There were hushed whispers through the crowd but Wendy stood in her place, unable to move.

 

 

Well, she’s not wrong.

 

 

Kang Seulgi has always been her soulmate.

 

 

Wendy slowly raised her hand and waved shyly. The crowd chuckled. Seulgi was amused and waved back.

 

 

“Aww you’re sweet. Alright, you get to be the first one up,” Seulgi said on the microphone and clapped with the crowd. Wendy was dumbly standing still until a girl nudged her and told her to go on up the stage.

 

 

Wait, what?

 

 

She didn’t remember moving but it seemed it was the crowd guiding her. Like they know how it feels like to walk up to their idol with fear and excitement running through their veins. In Wendy’s case, her bestfriend. She was ushered up the stage to face Seulgi.

 

 

Seulgi looked up from the paper she’s signing and greeted Wendy with a smile. Wendy’s heart leaped.

 

 

Hey Seul.

 

 

“I like your costume,” Seulgi said, v

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter