Allergies

This is not happening!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Author: Wendy…

 

Wendy: Author-nim?

 

Author: I’m stumped.

 

Wendy: I’m the main character, not your damn publisher.

 

Author: But I’m supposed to write the story around you. I’m empty.

 

Wendy: Then leave me alone for a while and go read your other fan fiction.

 

Author: But they’re not updating! *cries in korean

 

Wendy: …

 

Wendy: Why don’t you just play with the keys like you always do.

 

Author: skcjdndkcnejckdblackvelvetihatesmilikegirlsgenerationsbsyadongyaseolsothissongiscalledasifitsyourlastsoiwanteverybodytodancelikeitsyourlaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

 

Wendy: Okay keep doing that while I do my job, alright?

 

Author: Okay, I’ll meet you half way. Thanks!

 

Author: rainbowsherbetrespecttomintchocolateloversygsuckbubbleteaisnotbubbleteawithoutpearlskpopfruit… SM

 

 

 

“Wendy-sshi?”

 

 

“Yes?” Wendy finally looked up. The producer was worried. She just left her for a few seconds then found her talking to air when he looked back.

 

 

“Are you okay?” he said.

 

 

“Yeah, just… a fly in the wall being annoying,” Wendy smiled.

 

 

“Right, so can we do that rap again?” he said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I don’t get it,” Rosé said.

 

 

“You always do, what’s new?” Jennie answered from the couch.

 

 

“Hey!” Rosé said. Jennie stopped scrolling through her social media and looked at Rosé. She decided to humor the tall girl instead since she won’t hear the end of it if she doesn’t.

 

 

“What?” she said. Rosé looked back at her.

 

 

“Not to be bias or anything. I’m not taking sides whatsoever and I don’t have any favorites—“

 

 

“You’re literally saying the same thing Rosie,”Jennie deadpanned.

 

 

“—but Wendy unnie sings really well. I mean really really well,” she emphasized.

 

 

Rosé have been observing from the other side of the glass. She knows they can’t avoid comparisons between the Wendys’. Although both have nothing short of the charisma they exude on stage, she knows the current Wendy struggles with her dancing as compared to their Wendy, where dance comes naturally to her. That doesn’t mean this one isn’t that far off.

 

 

They also have different rap styles. The Wendy behind the glass is currently trying to adapt the YG style rapping. She’s struggling as the producer asked her to do it over and over again but she’s learning fast. And at a very alarming rate. Where or when she learned it, Rosé had no idea. She would have picked on it more if she wasn’t focus on what clearly differentiates the two.

 

 

Wendy can sing.

 

 

Rosé knows they performed with Wendy yesterday but she was too focused from recovering from her shock and keeping the performance clean that she didn’t notice Wendy’s somehow different take on their songs. But she can hear it clearly now.

 

 

Wendy can sing.

 

 

“I have ears too, Rosie,” Jennie answered. Unlike Rosé, Jennie heard it loud and clear yesterday.

 

 

This Wendy may not be the all rounder we know, but she’s the main vocal of Red velvet in her world for a reason. Something in that little body garnering main vocal positions in both worlds is not an easy feat.

 

 

“Then how?”asked Rosé. She looked at Jennie hoping she understood what she was asking. Jennie just nodded.

 

 

“That, I don’t know,” she answered as she looked through the glass. “I, for one, am sure that that girl isn’t capable of doing something wrong or that scandalous to save her life. That girl doesn’t seem to have a bad bone in her body.” Jennie said as she looked at Wendy scrunching her eyebrows, pouting as listens to her run of their song, clearly not satisfied.

 

 

“Or we won’t know the answer,” Jisoo answered. They looked back at her. Jennie and Rosé did not notice them coming back from their trip to the restroom.

 

 

“The industry is a dark place in itself. The public and even your own fans can either make or break you,” Jisoo looked at Wendy, who has a proud look on her face because she finally grasped the rap.

 

 

“She just so happens to be a star who burned out because of they took too much from her but didn’t receive anything in return.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Unnie, 2 times spicy or 4 times spicy?” Lisa asked as she rummaged through the noodle section. Wendy and Lisa were raiding the grocery store after their recording.

 

 

“Original. I’d would like to keep my tongue, thank you very much,” Wendy said as tried to reach for a bag of chips on the top shelf.

 

 

“You're too soft Canada,” Lisa grabbed the bag and gave it to Wendy. “Next time use that one if you want to reach things,” Lisa said as she pointed to a little chair employees used to sit on when punching prices.

 

 

“I don’t have an iron tongue like you Thailand,” Wendy answered, reaching up to pat Lisa’s head. Lisa smiled from Wendy’s gesture, grabbing her hand and leading her to the cashier.

 

 

“Thanks for teaching me last night. I survived that recording because of you,” Wendy said as they walked out of the store.

 

 

“No problem, unnie. You’re probably the best student I had in both dancing in rapping in like, ever,” Lisa said as she tried not to be clumsy. She doesn’t want an earful from Jennie if she breaks the eggs they bought.

 

 

“I doubt that,” and Wendy laughed.

 

 

“Hey Thailand,” Wendy asked as they walked along the sidewalk. “Don’t you miss her? Wendy I mean?” she asked. Wendy has been there for a few days already and she noticed it was always the girls who adjusted for her. She wasn’t kicked out and was given a home. They took good care of her and even promised to bring back her confidence.

 

 

She never inquired about their feelings or what their thoughts were on the situation. How they felt that their friend has been replaced by a stranger. Or if they were burdened by her presence.

 

 

“Unnie, I can almost hear your thoughts from here,” Lisa smiled. “You think a lot, don’t you?” she laughed. Wendy blushed.

 

 

“It’d be a lie if I say I don’t miss her. Unnie has got my back ever since our trainee days. I’m sure they missed her too. Especially Jennie-unnie,” Lisa said. Wendy nodded. She wouldn’t say she’s jealous. Having a family in the form of your group members is really one of the best support system in surviving the industry. She found it in Red Velvet and she’s glad she found it in Blackpink too.

 

 

“But I think she’s doing fairer than you, unnie. She’s a tough cookie you see, not like you, you soft little muffin,” Lisa said as she put her hands on Wendy’s shoulder. Wendy smiled at that. She’s glad BP Wendy was a strong person because if she did end up in her world, she would be on hiatus, recovering from injuries. She wouldn’t be going anywhere yet like she is now. 

 

 

“But as much as we have to worry about her, we’re more worried about you,” Wendy raised a brow while Lisa laughed.

 

 

“Because your such a little cutie, we don’t know if we’d let you out of the house and just put you in a hamster cage,” Lisa chortled.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter