Assumptions

This is not happening!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy tries to evaluate her feelings as she waits in the backseat of the car.

 

 

A few days ago, she woke up living a completely different life. Not the one where she has to slave office hours like everyone else to earn a living. No. It’s a life equally as hectic as the other one but she’s still slaving away for the public nonetheless.

 

 

Wendy thinks she has learned to accept that. A little.

 

 

Then in a few hours, she’ll be performing in front if millions of people for a well known cellphone company with her new group members with only half a day of practicing songs she’s not used to yet has to appear like she she’d been performing it for 4 years.

 

 

Wendy thinks she’s still okay with this.

 

 

One of those members has been ignoring Wendy like she didn’t just reveal to her last night that she was her supposed ex lover. Her two maknaes, her supposed confidantes, the ones who should have informed her from the beginning that she actually has an ex, have been avoiding eye contact with and ducking their heads. And her dumpling of a bestfriend woke up cranky but still has the energy to argue with their poor manager who she knows was only tasked to deliver Wendy’s unplanned schedule.

 

 

Wendy wants to pretend she’s fine with everything. Yet, when her sleep-deprived self received a call at 4 in the morning with a surprised schedule, she just wants hide in her closet and find Narnia instead. She can sing with swaying trees and maybe even flirt with Prince Caspian. So now, her supposed free time to practice will be occupied by a charity event. She likes charity, she has nothing against it. But she has other important things to do too. Like killing the damn author of this fic.

 

 

Wendy: Tell me author-nim. Have I done something wrong to you to make my life here so complicated?

 

Author: Hmmm? Not really, no.

 

Wendy: Then why am I suddenly too busy? What are you damn planning?

 

Author: Well, I read some of the comments—

 

Wendy: You freaking read the comments?!

 

Author: Of course I do! I’m trying to hit two birds with one stone here.

 

Wendy: More like you’re hitting me with everything.

 

Author: Ch!ll, I g0tchu.

 

Wendy: That’s not exactly reassuring.

 

 

 

 

Seen

 

Wendy: Yah!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy arrived at the venue sporting a smart casual but stylish outfit. She doesn’t know what to do really. She was instructed to greet everyone and stand for pictures. She was supposed to hold on until lunch. She’s so going to fail their evening performance.

 

 

She was a little nervous. This was her first schedule by herself and she’s not gonna hear the end of it if she mess up.

 

 

You’re gonna be fine, Seungwan. It’s just a charity event. Be a doll and don’t piss on yourself.

 

 

She walked on to the entrance where photographers line up to take pictures of the attendees. She heard her name and she gave them a subdued smile, remembering she has to be reserve and serious like BP Wendy. Kinda like low battery Wendy. Only this time she’s has to keep the act until the lights stop flashing.

 

 

She went in and was greeted by the staff and escorted her to her seat. She didn’t know if she was here as a sponsor or she was the charity case until she saw her face glued to the big screen with the name of the airline company that’s sponsoring the event.

 

 

A stewardess huh? Am I the model for the kids cabin or did I have to tiptoe on my own 6 inch heels?

 

 

She was starting to doubt this airline company’s decisions when she was interrupted in her line of thought by a voice she knows anywhere.

 

 

“Excuse me, would you mind if I join you?”

 

 

Wendy was frozen, much like their views on youtube. She slowly look up, tears threatening to form in her eyes.

 

 

Park Sooyoung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wendy wants to cry. Her baby chick. Her y dynamite is looking at her. Is talking to her. Is looking doubtfully at her because she looks like she just drank a whole jar of undiluted blue orange juice for trying to hold back her tears. Joy must have took it the wrong way.

 

 

“Uhm if you don’t want to, its okay—“

 

 

Wendy’s eyes widened. She grabbed her wrist to prevent her from moving away.

 

 

“No!” She almos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter