Premiere

This is not happening!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy has been waiting along with their swarm of fans for the premiere of the music video of Red Velvet's first sub unit. She was eagerly waiting in her bed with a mug of hot chocolate and pastries her mom baked that afternoon. 

 

 

She was watching Irene and Seulgi's live and her hands were giddy as she wants to comment along with their fans. She has already heard the song of course. She's so happy for both of them. A milestone in their careers. Not only them but also her two not so little satans as well. Joy has been flourishing with her drama and Yeri has a show of her own. She rested her back on the headboard and sighed. She feels so proud of her members. 

 

 

Orange streaks were peaking through the small cracks of her curtains. She can feel her legs are starting to fall asleep. She set aside her mug and carefully placed her foot on the floor. She grabbed on to her bedside table and propped herself up. 

 

 

Pain.

 

She dismissed it and reached out for the wall to steady herself. She threaded her way to the floor to ceiling windows and draw back the curtains. 

 

 

She was blinded a bit as light intruded her dark bedroom. She opened her eyes as the final rays of the sun disappeared behind the high rises of Seoul. She watched the people down below like ants going on their usual day. She can faintly hear the honks of cars and the streets illuminated as headlights and lamposts turn on to welcome the night. It's a typical normal day. 

 

 

A typical normal day for Wendy. This is her new normal after her fall. How long has it been? A little over 7 months? She's still counting though. She's not going anywhere at the moment. 

 

 

She remembered it had been a great year for Red Velvet with only a few more days to wrap up to celebrate a new year. Three comebacks,and the most recent one blowing off the charts. They were so happy. It was hard getting to where they are now. Especially Wendy. However, she did not anticipate she would be glued to a hospital bed to celebrate the new year and watched as the world fall silent to a virus. 

 

 

"It's not your fault.."Joy fumed and proceeded to curse the living hell of what happened, as the others watched eyes blank and silent in her private room at the hospital. Thank God her parents were out to talk to the doctors. Her other members doesn't want her to see them crying. Joy, however, has always been vocal and flooded her room with every korean bad word she knows while crying her eyes out. Maybe this is why she babies the satan so much. She's much more of an emotional wreck than the patient. 

 

 

The sound of the front door opening led her back to her current state. Her mom must be back. She stared at her reflection as the sun finally slumbers and her window trick now pose as mirrors. 

 

She looked at her appearance. Her eyes were not swollen as she chose not to cry today. Her hair was in a messy state like she just rolled on her bed, which she did. They already removed her bandages and all she can see a normal wendy clad in pajamas. With how normal she looked, the mirror did not project the hollowness of her stares and the pain of every muscle and bone when she moved. 

 

 

She remembered she had once asked for a reset when her world was filled with darkness a few years ago. When the world was so against her. When she forgot herself. But she threaded through that and she was okay. With her members and her family's support, she managed to get back on her feet and genuinely smiled again to the world who gave her hate. She was never one to hold a grudge. She's better than that. 

 

 

But it's like she was being tested again, when she stepped on air that day. She was finally gran

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter