ROSE

My Last Grace
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"My love is like a red rose
It may be beautiful now
But my sharp thorns will hurt you."

- ROSE, leehi

 

 

 

"Park Sandara."

 

 

A woman in her mid twenties with long beautiful hair, slender body, and confident smile looked up to the person who called her name. The person is the one in charge of the go-see she is auditioning for.

 

 

Sandara stood up and walked in front to the person dressing fancy while eyeing Sandara from head to toe too.

 

 

"Se ga amari takakunai, ne." (You're not that tall) the gay in charge commented in japanese while starting to jot down points about her physique in his notes.

 

 

"Demo kawaii desu yo, kirei oneechan." (But it makes me cute, pretty sister) And she winked at him too. 

 

 

The person seemed impress with her response in the same language as he enthusiastically added that skill under her portfolio.

 

 

Well, she's charming, after all. She can charm all group of people regardless of age and gender preferences. Also, even if she is petite and does not meet the standard height for an aspiring model, she makes it up with her cute and innocent baby face. Japanese modeling industry caters for the type of face she has. 

 

 

That is also why she is in Japan right now. Lining up for go-sees, auditioning for magazine covers, and simply expanding her horizon. Language is not a criteria to model but she likes languages. Sandara figured she can use it to her advantage sometimes. Like how this person in charge seemed to like the idea she can speak nihongo. Most aspiring models lining outside the Popteen Magazine office look like non-japanese speaking foreigners after all.

 

 

He guided her inside the airconditioned office and showed her around the area she will be posing to later.

 

 

"Firipin de moderu wo yatta koto ga aru no?" (You've modeled in Philippines too?")

 

 

"Hai. Sou desu." (Yes. That's right.)

 

 

"Sugoi. Veteran da." (Cool. You're experienced.)

 

 

"Aa, iie. Firipen de moderu yattan desu kedo keiken ga amari nai desu. Soe, Nihon he kite, iro iro na model koto wo motto yaritai desu. Toku ni, kou yatte~" (Ah, no. I've modeled a bit in Philippines but not so much. That's why I came to Japan to have more experience in modeling.)

 

 

"Hai, hai." (Yes, yes.) He checked the lights of the shoot as he continued to interview Sandara. "Mokuteki wa?" (Your goal?)

 

 

Sandara smiled widely. "Okane desu. Okane ga hoshii desu. Ganbarimasu!" (Money. I need money. I'll do my best!) She answered animatedly. Being cute is what matters most to the Japanese.

 

 

The person laughed as he nodded. Agreeing. "Sou dane." (Uh huh.) 

 

 

Then he looked at her again. "Kimi wa manager ga inai shi, nihongo wo shaberareru shi, hokano Model kaisha yaritai?" (You have no manager, you can speak Japanese. Do you want to model to other companies too?" He asked her. "Popteen Magazine dake jyanakutemo?" (Not only in Popteen Magazine)

 

 

Sandara's eyes twinkled at this. "Ii desu ne! Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!" (I like that! I'm looking forward to it!)

 

 

The person handed her his business card. It was printed fancy.

 

 

"Pyo-chan?" she read the name.

 

 

Pyo-chan winked at her before leading her to the photographer.

 

 

Sandara smiled, walked to the center, and started doing some posing. The photographer took some shots. 

 

 

Ah, she likes this.

 

 

 

 

 

Sandara was taking a break in the fancy L'Occitaine Cafe in Shibuya. She was drinking an overpriced juice too when her phone rang. She picked it up.

 

 

"Hello?"

 

 

"Sandy!" The excited voice can be heard over the phone.

 

 

"Bom." Sandara greeted, smiling. Bom is her Korean-American friend she met at a school in Philippines. Bom fondly calls her 'Sandy' too. Why is Bom studying in Philippines instead in the USA? Sandara had no idea. She wondered the same too.

 

 

"Ahnnyeong chal jee-nae?? Nakuha mo ba ang Popteen?" (How are you? Did you get the job in Popteen?) Bom asked excitedly.

 

 

"Uhm, ne. Sa iba di pa sure. Kakatapos lang ng ibang go-sees ko." (Uhm, Yes. The others not yet. I just finished the other go-sees.)

 

 

Bom sighed, knowing she can be picky with jobs sometimes, but she remained in a cheery mood. "Just don't be too choosy, Sandy. If it doesn't work out there, balik ka na ng Pinas ulit. Marami pang opport

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter